1967 C20

Bought a running and driving C20 for a grand. It has the big 6 292ci and the 4seed Manuel. She was a farm truck and I got her from the original owner. She is rusty and in need of love. So Veeky Forums, what should I do to her?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/J9C-50Mo6zs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

treat any major rust and clearcoat the rest. new tires and an alignment

naws

blast it with piss

She's going to need a few patches in normal Chevy spots, probably going to repaint her, the paint of fifty years young.

nice buy for 1k

restore that shit man

Buy your patch panels from someone like LMC truck, brothers, classic industries, or 67-72 specialty sites.

Bushing and suspension, either go back to factory stuff or lower it a bit if you'd like, CPP is good but notorious for shit delivery times that put notori to shame, mcgaughys does decent suspension kits.

Replace wheel bearings, u joints, replace diff fluid, full tune up. If you want, swapping in a 350 is piss easy and one can be had for $1500 brand new from summit or jegs, a rebuilt th350 is $950.

Other than that do whatever you want man, I'd consider rewiring it too, there's several reliable companies who make complete wiring harnesses and kits for all years of Chevy trucks.

Give'er some lovin then...

youtu.be/J9C-50Mo6zs ......

Good get, knock off the "she" shit though,you sound like either a ketchup goes on everything retard or a virgin when you do that.
Seriously though,nice truck bud.

Hello friend, welcome to the old patina'd truck famalam. I'm hot rodding mine.

Clear coat is for plebs

You motherfucker. How did you get that for a grand?

Nice truck op, buy some tires replace those old bias plys clean up the engine bay do a reseal tune up patch the rust but keep as much of the original patina as possible. Please please please don't swap in a 350 they're so basic keep it original survivor they're so hard to come across. Lowered 350/350 are a dime a dozen.

Probably going with classic industry's, going to leave the motor stock, maybe give it a rebuild. I want the original feel for now, could use some info on the wireing tho.She will be a good truck.Id hot rod her if she was a c10 shortbedGot super lucky. She has 67xxx miles Gonna see if I can get some newer 8lug that come with tire for cheap. Give me a good reason too keep the original patina?

What should I do to the bed?

Don't even, that's fucking patina.

There's no good reason to keep the patina other than it's only original once. That being said my car has patina for the second time in its life because it was repainted about 26 years ago.

Also long bed just means it's a sleeper. There's something truly wonderful about driving an old 3/4 ton though, especially when accompanied by Hank Williams or the highwaymen.

>leaving 6 banger stock

Nigga, header, full exhaust, RV cam, aluminum intake, 390cfm 4 barrel.

And you'd spend all that money to be slower then a stock 327 for half the price.

hope it's solid, grind that fucking muck shit off it and put a bedliner on it

Fuck bedliners, just clean it up and throw down some paint. if it's got rust they make bed floor patch kits.

I know I'm weird but I would love to have a really nice finished oak or teak flatbed for mine. It'll never happen but I think they look good when slammed

Torque out the ass, plus it would be different.

Join a c10 page on Facebook or something, always parts and information to be had there rather than a Chinese bus pass authentication website. As far as wiring goes those things barely have any wiring and any company selling a kit for it will include everything you need to know. I recommend American auto wire, used them for a full harness for my 65 Caprice.

You pay a lot of money to be different, but there's a reason you don't see very many people do stuff like that.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to turbo my 300 and make like 500lb ft, but amount of money you need to do that vs just swapping to a mildly built v8 nullifies that expense.

I want to drive my truck more than I want to design or engineer it. And I cannot express this enough, i6 performance parts are expensive.

All the shit I listed doesn't cost more than V8 versions, aside from the intake manifold, maybe.

And yet a mild v8 is still going to be ahead

>use rattlecan on anything
>sneeze near the fully cured paint
>bare metal splotches

generic shit like rustolium is shit at covering anything and if you ever put anything in the back it will ruin it.

Headers and intake will because there's probably like 2 companies that make exhaust and intakes if it's anything like the Ford big six aftermarket.

There's a lot to be said about enjoying the stock engine. They're fun, but slow. After three years, I'm over a vehicle that takes 22.9 seconds to do a standing quarter mile when pushing it.

Also a 327 with an intake (less than a hundred) and an exhaust (like 50 bucks for a SBC) will net you a faster vehicle than the 292 will do without a radical cam and head work.

You're talking making it fast, I'm talking making it more powerful.

The idea is to be different and not just straight to the V8, of course it won't be better, but why the fuck does that matter?

I'm just saying, even if you're aiming for more drivable, it's not worth modding the i6. Not only about speed, but just overall driveability and more usable power band.

She needs a mexican blanket seat cover.

Patch the rust, get POR-15 or similar on the patches and the areas around the patches, wet sand, primer, and then topcoat in rust red and gunmetal grey on the roof, bumpers, grille line, and below the body line, use the PPG Matte clear if you want it to look kinda patina again.

Get some Ralley style wheels and some modern construction white walls, tune that old 6 up, and enjoy.

Well, if you had fab skills I'd say put a turbo on it. Could probably have a basic setup running on it for under $100 with junkyard bits.

But that assumes you have a fully equipped shop and the technical know-how to not blow up a carb'd truck with a turbo.

You'd spend more money on a blow through carb than the truck is worth.

Any clean 16 inch steely with a beauty ring and a nice hubcap will look good.

Machines are 'she'. That's just the English language, man.
>She can also be used instead of it for things to which feminine gender is conventionally attributed: a ship or boat (especially in colloquial and dialect use), often said of a carriage, a cannon or gun, a tool or utensil of any kind, and occasionally of other things.

>Full floating rear axle
Fuck yeah, bud!

>Split rims
Not bad, as long as you know how not to decapitate yourself with them

>Bent hood hinges
Typical Chevy lol

You got yourself a good truck there OP. Love her forever.

>so Veeky Forums what do I do with her?
Return the truck and beg for your money back

Full floating axel? Open diff?Um no?

does the frame have rust?

Please tell me you've checked this.

Also, dump the engine, and trans if you want to keep it.

It's a 40 + plus year old piece of shit

That's a very pessimistic view, hombre

lol Minot. You have my condolences senpai

>in normal chevy spots
Why the fuck do people do this. Every 50 year old anything is going to be rusty.

>normal Chevy spots
It's because when a Chevy rusts, that's where they all fucking get it.

Thanks senpai. I want to kill myself more and more each day.

>his car is a girl
lmao

So you like riding a dude?

Carb goes in front of turbo for extra fun.

>wanting your vehicle to be of the inferior gender

baka

>She

a good sanding down and flat black paint job (maybe rattle can?)

limo tint all around

remove tires and get wheels sand blasted and painted black

done

Starting would be a mother fucker. I just kekd thinking about it

Acceleration would be worse.

Just think about the function of the accelerator pump on a standard length manifold.
Now think about the size of a pull-through system. An aftercooler would make the system unusable.

OR WITH TAYLOR SWIFT
WHAT ARE YOU A PLEB
REEEEEE

Wash it, do maintenance so it runs and drives correctly, inhibit any rust that will be a problem, own the farm truck look

simple. use cosmoline.

Wtf are you talking about who ever has put together a turbo kit for 100 dollars , you must be one of the Ls swap 500 dollars and a weekend crowd

oh hell yes nice buy brother.

and here i am trying my best to keep my '01 clean. impossible. i give up.