Fuel efficient

>Fuel efficient
>Reliable
>Depreciates like fuck which is good for the used market
>2010 Genesis coupe in good condition is $8000
Why does Veeky Forums hate on Hyundai?

Subpar build quality.
They're cheap because they're.. well, cheap. Doesn't mean they don't serve their purpose well, but don't expect petrol heads to like them.

because most of them do suck

having said that, my 08 Sonata has been reliably getting me from A to B for the past 9 years and counting

You can get a V6 accord of the same year for roughly the same price as that Genesis except the Accord is faster. The only Genesis that resembles a sportscar is the V6.

>hyundai shilling on Veeky Forums
i think theyve reached excel levels of desperation again

At least they're using real Anons, not actors.

I drive a 2.0L Elantra Touring and I'm pleased with it. It's just a good, solid, middle of the road car. Pretty quick off the line with 160hp but it's just... meh.

160hp is really good for an NA 2.0L, you can tear the wheels a little.

Korean garbage is sightly better than the crap Chinese make.

My 2016 Veloster has been great. I havent had any glaring "build quality" problems with it. The external trunk latch shit the bed, but that was literally user error. And needless to say the warranty completely covered the cost to fix it.

Honestly for a daily driver you can do much worse than a Veloster. It's certainly a unique design that still strikes up random conversations with admiring normies, great features standard, the peace of mind of the warranty, etc. You can argue with me about how it's shit because its underpowered til you're blue in the face, and I'll continue giving negative zero fucks.

Hyundai's lower end 1.6L cars kick ass in my opinion because they haven't gone to a CVT like Nissan and Honda now.

Good point.

As much as people rave about DCTs on higher-end cars perhaps most people don't know Hyundai offers them in their low-end economy cars.

It may take me 10 seconds to get to 60mph but it only takes me 10 milliseconds to shift into 3rd.

I have a 1.6L in a older accent and its pig slow. Could be transmission gearing however because those autos are garbage

I think their Genesis sedans are pretty nice.
Thinking of getting one.

>I think their Genesis sedans are pretty nice.
i was also thinking about this since they're pretty cheap for a used (and new) FR.

but it's Hyundai. My parents own an Elantra (2013 or something) and it looks so tacky.

I'm thinking either a Hyundai Genesis sedan or a Mazda6 right now.

Do I have to avoid the first generation of Genesis sedans though?

Because Just like any foreign car company, when they introduced themselves to the market, the gave Americans cheap, shitty cars, that only poorfags could afford. After a few years of good business, they have slowly built up their line of cars, and now make some quality stuff.

But their years of selling us cheap shit boxes are remembered well.

> he bought a BRAND NEW Hyundai

HAHAHAHAHAAHA

AHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O lord, someone help me

Why does Veeky Forums hate on Hyundai ?
If you don't care about driving feels and about cars in general, they're not that bad, but if you like them you can't qualify as an auto enthousiast.

Their electric steering is artificial as fuck and their engines are bland, they're just boring cars, even by econoboxes standard.

>being too poor to afford a brand new Hyundai

Had a 2010 Sonata for a while. Was pretty good, literally drove from one end of the country to the other in that thing.

2015 hit and it started nose diving.

>TPS goes out
>A/C came on whenever car started
>MAP sensor died
>Intake valve rattled at 4k RPM

Got rid of it. Wife is happy with her CR-V. I'm happy with her driving a more reliable vehicle.

Ah, retards defending their shitty purchase always do this. New cars are literally the easiest to finance and usually have lower interest rates and payments since there's less risk involved.

No one thinks you're well off for buying a shitty car new. No one tells you you're stupid you did because they can't, because they could.

>it's so easy
>but I won't do it because I'm too smart
>I'd rather drive a shitbox and pay our of pocket for miscellaneous repairs

OK bud.

Frankly, implying that everyone that can budget a new car into their monthly expenses is retarded just projects your jealousy and rage.

This. When new, the Hyundais appear to be "quality" but fastforward 3 years, and the cars feel like a korean car..

2 year old Sonata here.

Feels as solid as my bro's Accord.

ITT: Anons make assanine claims based off their emotions, like women