Do these actually work

Do these actually work

Other urls found in this thread:

m.hiapphere.com/apk-torque_pro_obd_2_car
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_malware
ebay.com/itm/381790721133?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In short, yes. Not sure of that particular model, but I have an OBD2 bluetooth thing and it's pretty damn useful.

Yes.

Get the Torque app on your phone though. Its better than whatever chinese shit comes with the dongle.

Not in a OBD1 shitbox

I have one and it's either broken and it won't go in right or I'm idiot that can't correctly put it into a 2002 VW jetta, 08 civic si, or 95 300zx TT.

Don't spend more than $10 on eBay on them though. Mine works great, the free version of torque is really good. Uses your phone's GPS so you can track corner speed and other stats through the touge.

>free version of torque is really good
I thought that too until I bought the full version. It was absolutely worth it, and I regret not buying it sooner.

Yes, I got a decent one off amazon for $20. Works well with the torque pro app. Able to clear and read codes without issues. It also can be customized to display real time data.

what more can you do with the full version that makes it worth it?

BAFX Products 34t5 Bluetooth OBDII Scan Tool for Android Devices was the one I picked up

I just bought that one

>95 300zx TT
It wouldn't work in that to start with. Those bluetooth adaptors are OBD2 only. That Nissan is OBD1. OBD2 wasn't mandated until 1996

Be aware that some 3 bucks chink dongles have fried ECUs before.

Hey me too. I saw the high reviews and went for it. Now I'm on the fence about torque pro, the lite seems fine

The pro version is like five bucks, I said fuck it.

Why wouldn't they? Just get one from a trusted manufacturer. If you're paranoid, get one from a domestic manufacturer so you can go after them if their shitty wiring sends 12v down the wrong pin.

Not for me.

Just about any ELM327 board will work. My chinashit dongle has been flawless for two years now in the daily.

That's a good thing to waste your money on if youre a total sheep.

I wouldn't bother. But then again, I have KTS 200 and Wurth WEasy at my disposal, so...

got a $5 one off aliexpress. that things the shit. buy 10, so you can sell them to your friends.

What's wrong with it?

btw how many channels can they actually log?
i'm looking for something that will let me log everything

You can always just torrent torque pro

Reminder that if your phone was made by apple, you need to buy the wifi version of the dongle, bluetooth versions wont work. Also Torque still isnt on iOS for whatever retarded reason, Dash Command is an excellent alternative and has most of the same features and customization and doesn't crash constantly.

On pirate bay? I haven't torrented in a while

I need bluetooth in car just to automatically turn on car mode on phone.
>$5
And the cheapest way to do this is to buy a thing that can do everything?

My CN bluetooth one toggled my dash to flicker on/off with traction control. Eventually once shut the dash down entirely, but I kept driving. Thankfully I have a MT god only knows what would have happened with AT.

When I got home and turned off my car I was unable to start. I had to reset my ECU (battery) then I could start.

I just got one and it does not even light up. Gonna have to return it.

Why not spend money on something better?

The STN1110 in a OBDLink uses a PIC24 micro that's 4 times as fast or more than a chinkshit adapter with a PIC18

So is Dash Command a separate OBD device? I'm researching now on the best option for iOS

It looks like if you use a laptop or PC, then it will have to be the other model OBDLink MX WiFi which uses WiFi to get the data to your windows PC. That's $99 or $79 on sale and uses their data application. It claims to be compatible with Torque or Dash Command provided that you can get them to run on your computing device. Torque for Windows PC, yes?

However, the company still claims their software is beta. So they have no shame in selling betatest software rather than Final. Or that is their way of avoiding responsibility for product failures in small claims court.

Just look for the wifi specific OBD2 devices.
At least the wifi versions also work with Android and Windows phones.

Yes

Bluetooth readers don't work with iphones, do they?

Dash Command is the app used to connect to the OBDII device. The Device you should buy is the wifi version of the ELM327, the cheaper the better. Make sure whoever you buy it from has a return policy in the semi-high likelihood you get a dud. Amazon is a good place.

iPhones are predominantly WiFi
Android are either but bluetooth is used for close proximity devices due to its shorter range and less interference from long range WiFi devices.

Jailbroken devices do

applel sucks if you ever want to do anything serious

Didn't know this and bought a BT reader.
I'm feeling really retarded, right now.
But oh well, at least it was cheap and I have some android phones laying around on the house.

>Jailbroken devices do
Apple likes to find ways to brick unauthorized modded devices. They make money by owning the ecosystem.

Apple Doctor: Now that I have surgically repaired your body, anything you make with that arm means you owe 1% revenue to me.

Apple Dentist: Now that I have crowned your tooth, you owe me 1% of the value or cost of anything you eat using that tooth.

Well, it's not anywhere as bad as that, but if there weren't laws restraining what they can force you to sign in a contract, you'd have contracts giving them a percentage of your earnings as a tithe or something.

m.hiapphere.com/apk-torque_pro_obd_2_car

If it has a hack in it, installing a trojan horse in the smartphone would be quite devastating. It would have access to quite a lot including transaction and passwords to accounts.

How clean is this pirated program?

Besides trojans created by thieves hoping to gain access to your credit card, debit card, amazon, and other online accounts and email, anti-piracy trojans can exist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_malware

"""In June 2004, it was discovered that a company called Ojam had engineered an anti-piracy Trojan virus in older versions of its mobile phone game, Mosquito. This virus sent SMS text messages to the company without the user's knowledge. Although this malware was removed from the game's more recent versions, it still exists in older, unlicensed versions, and these may still be distributed on file-sharing networks and free software download web sites."""

What do these do? I mean like, what are they used for?

I drive a 2016 so, if I get a CEL I'm headed to the stealership with warranty documents in hand, but what else do OBD sensors read?

I have that exact one and I use it with the Torque app. The free version torque light is good, but I recommend spending the couple of bucks to get the full version. TONS of utility in it.

I've used it to diagnose and fix a handful of cars since I bought it a few years back. Now, it lives in my glovebox until I need it.

Is the PC version of Torque the same as the bluetooth version in performance?

look up torque pro review on youtube

Yes. I have the $12 Panlong one from Amazon and the Torque app. So much better than any other scan tool you can buy for less than triple digits.

Yeah, I used mine all the time in my Honda. Get the torque app though. The only thing I could never figure out was ECU logging.

Now I just hook my accessport in to monitor vitals and log.

I bought it because I heard that some codes that don't appear on free version appear on paid version, and I was not disappointed. Not sure what kind of next-level kikery is going on with their app, but I fell for it.

I've bought 3 under $10. 2 of them stopped working after a few uses and the 3rd just never connected to the ECU of any vehicle I tried 95% of the time.

If you just want a code reader get a cheap $20 wired one.

>buy the cheapest of chinkshit
>surprised when it breaks

Is this one good?
ebay.com/itm/381790721133?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
It has good reviews on Amazon, and I dont see any thing better that's cheaper

How can I get the torque app on my kindle? It's the only Android thing I have, but Amazon is too gay to have Torque on their app store.

nice kik bb

So Is it safe? O.o

They actually do have them for Obd1, well at least for my audi. I just found out about it today, didn't get a chance to order yet though

It's 10 bucks to be able to read CEL codes..

I have it and it works great

Kindle isn't android senpai. If you had the source code you could compile it and install it on a rooted Kindle since it is *nix based.

Just compare the md5 hashes to see if it is clean.

He must have a kindle fire tablet (android based)

>Just compare the md5 hashes to see if it is clean.
There are programs to adjust the hash values for 32bit CRC of edited files to be any value. Are MD5 hashes still safe from this?

If it's the fire tablet he can side load the play store. Best option would be to throw a custom rom onto it, the Amazon stuff is shit.