>Jump point and SubArt megapack
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw

>Loremaker's Guide Special Edition: youtube.com/watch?v=LOAZR2arpoE
>Latest ATV: youtube.com/watch?v=R8wTqdDXplc
>RTV: (last week's) youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview

>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Anniversary Stream Highlights:
youtube.com/watch?v=Oqhx7_RdDoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=X0T3KLnL9uY
youtube.com/watch?v=31ei4SUjaRA
----------------------------------------
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
>Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

artstation.com/artist/neuro
artstation.com/artwork/25JZJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

artstation.com/artist/neuro

>Filename

What does it make me think about?

really rustles my jimmies

Today's Star Citizen leaks courtesy of TheAgent.

backers will be able to "early access" (alpha test) the sqlude
this will be considered the "preview" release version (mvp I guess)
this will also count as the first episode
in order to alpha test other episodes/content, backers will have to pay
SQ42 is "tied deeply" into SC techwise/network
currently no plans for completely offline play
ships, skins and other cash shop items cross over game modes
"original vision" (internally called OV or CV?) candidate sometime in 2019 with promised sq42 feature list

and in wtf news

SQ42 is cancelled. It has become a series of single player missions folded directly into Star Citizen. This acts as the tutorial and early character creation. Any other news about Squadron 42 is fake or uninformed. This change has been considered since late-2015 and the final decision was made mid-2016.

and since this is all p dire have some more leaks from 100% confirmed sources

3.0 will release sometime in late Feb 2017
all 3 episodes of SQ42 will be out before citcon
4.0 is coming along very well, I've played it several times and its amazing
planetary landings in cities will make you want to jizz over a custom built star citizen branded hotas
procgen tech is unlike anything anyone has ever seen ever by anyone
I hate chris roberts
I am derek smart
I collect paychecks from EA
I am so gay
I only play on consoles because I don't own a PC
I am jealous of everyone at CIG/RSI
I won't know what to do when chris roberts proves me and my ilk totally wong [sic]

give it to me straight doc

will elite ever be fun

REDEEMER STATUS: FUCKING DEAD

No.

Why are goon memes so shit is because they are all over 40?

artstation.com/artwork/25JZJ

New Levski pictures

Finally.

Good riddance. They better replace it with something that doesn't look like shit.

>Hoplite

if it were not for the enemy markers I would have been firing blind at the first guy, and probably would not have seen the second guy at all. if they get rid of the markers now they may change significantly how the game plays thanks to how much the players blend into the map.

RIPdeemer, feel bad for people who bought one expecting it to be finished some day.
I'm actually glad the anti redeemer fag will shut up now maybe.
interesting that Paul will be working on I assume 2077. maybe he'll drop us some secrets once in a while.

they can't just replace it, people paid real money for it. there's probably some ass out there who has it as their only ship. they have to make it fly at the very least, my guess is they'll just shit out a 'first pass' and never fix it like so many others.

People can exchange it for any other ship of the same value. Just give them Aquila and they can CCU to whatever they want from there.

Hell, I suspect overwhelming majority of Redeemer owner has already CCU'd long time ago.

Hair when?

give her a year or two user
still pretty shitty of them to let a ship just die in the hangar like that, no matter what anyone thinks of it now. it went through a rigorous process and came out on top, if they scrap it they have to acknowledge TNGS was a huge waste of time and money.

>dumb faggots think the redeemer won't be finished

retards

Can you guys stop making generals here once the game gets cancelled next year?

Jokes on you. We are so close!

That's a pretty mean thing to say about Elite: Dangerous.

Context?

Star Citizen will be released soon, not cancelled.

On the pic I mean.

still not sure how I feel about grenades

Seems fine, especially the second one.

on the other hand...

Something posted not long ago, he threw the monitor on the floor and stamped on it. It was probably beyond repair so they made an ebin meme.

Oh, I thought he was pissed at the developer and let out his anger on the monitor.

Poor monitor paid the price for a failure in programming by a person.

>Why are goon memes so shit is because they are all over 40?
the games forum has always hosted the sites stupidest users. a lot of them are also child rapists.

I just tried the Rattlers for the first time since before 2.0, it seems like they don't even have the submunitions any more. are there any fun unique missile types?

Someone explain why everyone is replying to this post? Did he do something wrong?

Deepest lore

B..but I like Rattlers. They are very reliable and hit pretty hard for a class 2. I get more hits with them than the Dominators on my Cutass.

he made the Redeemer. he also used to lurk here.

He shat out the Redeemer, which is of questionable quality regardless of whether you like the design, got hired by CIG and proceeded to fuck up the Vanguard and 85x. Now he finally quit and the remaining concepts are safe from his influence.
I feel bad for whatever the players of CD project's cyberpunk game will have to endure though.

they're fine as a missile, but it seems like they just gave up on the original concept, which was that the shot out a pile of little needle minimissiles that softened up the shields before the main impact. they have absolutely never worked as advertised, but at least they were trying to figure it out. I'll be sad if they've said fuck it and made them just another S2.

In Witcher 3, your sword wears out for basically no reason other that to keep you spending money on it. Senseless decisions, as shown in the Retaliator, are CDPR's bread and butter.

Vanguard and 85x "problems" are a) completely subjective and b) entirely due to design, which he probably had no part in as a low level asset modeler. CR or Ben would have given the edict that so many Aegis ships be slapped together from Retaliator parts, and that the 85x get a makeover and become all rounded and sleek.

so plasma accelerator or railgun on a viper mk4?

what they do now btw. difficult to get a good shot of it thanks to the retarded missilecam

>shot out a pile of little needle minimissiles that softened up the shields before the main impact

Sounds interesting. I had not heard that before. Maybe something will come of that later after Item 2.0 when we have more control over shields and ships power.

I wonder if Paul had to sign an NDA not to share anything about his experience at CIG.

>need info

>not using size 3 missiles.
>not trolling in the only legit troll boat in the game.

>Did he do something wrong?
Yeah, he made the Redeemer

>size 3 missiles on an LN
enlighten me

if you look at your ship in the hangar with them mounted you can actually see the little sub-missile heads poking out the nose

>423 mount
>your choice of two size 3 missiles
>laffs and laffs and laffs

>missile pickups mean you never actually have to run out
I might just buy that rack with UEC

Which is the worst part of the new powerup bullshit

Right now in AC you fit the largest shit you have because rather than refilling % of your racks it refills 2-3 max.

No diversity of loadouts, no smaller missiles because it makes the pickups mean less

I double checked by doing the not retarded thing of using REC, which is what you should do still works.

that means I have to rebuy them frequently though

I have like 30k UEC, how much can it be

>Redeemer.
Im watching a YouTube video of the Redemeer. I don't have the game yet but I want to know what's wrong with it, it looks ok?

No, missiles are one-time buys

Hard to say, but your stuck with it if the meta changes due to fuckheads like me abusing it and getting the dads stirred up.

Mount is 600 REC and Viper 3 are 1400 REC for 10.

I'm talking about the rack. I would have to re-rent both it and the missiles on a regular basis. are missiles really one-time use when you buy them with UEC? hasidic as fuck

One time BUY

that is junkyard cheap, is the UEE ancap paradise or what

Depends. How long do you think they will let the LN carry that much firepower before they nerf it because reasons?

So how has Star Citizen been improving lately?

I haven't looked at it in years.

>Years

Public Universe is slowly expanding, Star Marine, and Arena Commander/Racing.

I suppose I should have said "a year" instead.

Do people still have the same concerns about the game being vaporware and/or a failure or have those been mitigated at all?

I looked at some of the recent videos and it seemed like there was a decent amount of stuff out there now on the public universe.

>Vaporware

Only shitposters, because vaporware means any game you literally cannot play.

>have those been mitigated at all?
reality has done nothing to convince the most staunchly anti-kickstarter and fags looking for the next TORtanic. I hold some faint hope 3.0 with full procedural planets and a bit of an economy will change that, but they will always remain.

I sometimes drop into /v/ threads and post webms of gameplay, every time someone loses their mind when they realize /v/ has been lying to them about the state of the game; it usually gets equated with NMS. Last time it happened I even snagged a referral.

game needs some more missile variety, high payload dumbfires for ships other than the delta, some remote detonation dumbfire torpedos, etc.

Is one time buy the plan for PU missiles? That would be very disappointing, from an economic perspective

this times loremakers guide of the galaxy was quite enjoyable.
3.0 when
PLS
WHEN DOES CR RELEASE SC
I AM DYING

there's a fucked up tiered system where you can rent stuff and get so many uses out of it, buy it and get unlimited use out of it, (both of these currently still require paid restocking unless you respawn the whole ship) and in the future you will be able to buy components in game directly and apparently insure them, which should replace what we have now.

It works so fucking well. It's a little different than what I thought. You have to be less than 1000m so you can get a hit before they launch flares, and sometimes you only get one missile with a reload. But goddamn is it ever satisfying when you ripple fire on a Sabre and he sees an Aurora on his screen for the killer.

With a little practice, this is fucking devastation in a glass bottle. An Aurora can turn with a Hornet or Sabre if you use boost correctly. Just get behind someone for an easy missile shot and make them count.

Three problems I have found are you have to be really close to make it count, resupply is tricky if no one died close to you, and it's a meme tactic. Hornetfags and Sabrefags are not going to like getting put down by some asshole in an Aurora, so I wonder if it will last.

No it's not. There just isn't the economy yet in the PU or Arena Commander.

What's a good shield rating for a Cobra mk3? I'm at like 120 and I feel like I'm doing something wrong.
>inb4 dad ship
Been playing a week calm down.

nice I'll have to get on this meme train when my rattlers expire

I don't know which size 3 is best. Viper III are 800, but Arrester III and Thunderbolt III are 2800. Someone must have fucked up the Viper price, or Arrester is a much better heat seeker, for some reason. Tbolt may be the way to go, since chaff is garbage.

I've been away from SC lately, so whats the verdict on Star Marine? from what I've seen, people seem to enjoy it

Is alright, needs work of course.

I'm waiting for 3.0 and dat sweet netcode.

if they would turn on the rest of the fucking servers 90% of the problems would disappear, but it has a couple retarded design decisions. one small patch could fix it though, and it's fun regardless

That's good to hear.

I'm pretty excited about it. I've been desperately wanting a new space game with an expansive universe for years.

Star Citizen seems to be chugging along despite its hitches in development and the enormous scope of the project.

Elite Dangerous is nice in many ways, but also severely lacking in depth. I think they could improve the game greatly in time, but I'm worried they'll run out of money before then and collapse.

Besides the netcode, its as "tactic" as Chris promised or its just COD?

COD. When/if they add peaking (I think they're adding leaning) it should be slower and more tactical. Also when the TTK is lowered when netcode works better.

Once the markers are gone and it's the actual game, it will be tactical as fuck. With the markers and stupid grenades, it's just meh on its own.

all they need to do to make it tactical is lower TTK. right now it's run and gun, because you have enough health to just bug out of many encounters.

Health and the insta full heal epi pens

they could be worse, it would be better though it all they did was stop bleed out, rather than reset you to full health

They have a whole fancy procedural cover system planned in the long run

Yeah I know. Though I prefer some basic leaning and peaking that doesn't require you attached to cover. It's in the keybinds right now but I'm not sure if it even works.

P E E K I N G

I don't know why I turned retarded for those two posts.

D U C K

>you sword wears out for no reason

it wears out because monsters are hard and also as a penalty for getting blocked all the time. git gud.

How about a single size 4?

I wonder how much more damage size 4 has, also EM lock so no flares.

Why is the radar ball so fuckhuge?

I'm not sure, but I know that one size 4 is objectively better than two size 3.

>Always refill 100% on restock.
>Can one shot a Mustang at full health.
>Can finish off almost any damaged ship guaranteed.
>Radar lock will hit from far away.
>Comically large missile makes the ship look fucking awesome.

Fuck it, this game just got good again. I'm in my Aurora for now.

I want to mount one on my 85x.
Right on the underside mount so it slams into the ships downsloped chin when fired.

>I think they could improve the game greatly in time

Elite is broken on a fundamental level by trying to please everyone. You can't have a multiplayer "MMO" game while also allowing people to play solo. You can't have meaningful exploration while making absolutely everything procedurally generated. You can't have players making an impact on the game while forbidding bare essentials like player trading and player-owned FUCKING ANYTHING other than just our ships. And you most certainly can't have an interesting story and, again, players impacting that story, when you pump out fanfiction-tier storytelling while railroading everyone into what you want regardless of what they do, with garbage like Powerplay and their worthless CGs that amount to "bring this many to the station" or "kill this many bad guys."

I wouldn't hold my breath on them collapsing from running out of money, either.