Tfw it snowed 6+ inches of powdery snow last night and it's not stopping any time soon

>tfw it snowed 6+ inches of powdery snow last night and it's not stopping any time soon
>can't get my RWD Mustang out of the driveway or down the road
>can't get to work

RWD feels thread?

How is rwd in the rain?
Considering getting a brz but not we get a lot of rain and can't afford to miss work (I'm one of 3 physicists in the company, and ones a manager so he doesn't really even count)
It's actually raining right now so I was planning on test driving the brz soon to see how the shit tires it comes with handle in the rain

RWD LITERALLY CAN'T COMPETE

b-b-but t-track day!!! :(:(:(

It is literally fine unless you drive like an idiot. I drive a 01 mustang gt with nitto nt555 from April to November in Northern Michigan and it's fine. If it snows get a winter beater or snow tires.

RWD is fine as long as you don't mash the gas in the rain.
I wouldn't get a BRZ though. They're not really as good as something like a slightly used Mustang, Camaro, or another ~350+ HP sport coupe.

Define good, because your examples are god awful, badly made, cheap quality, terrible handling buckets.

As someone with a rwd Ls1 it's fucking scary I just use the torque down low and don't regret it till it hooks because irs LSD and meme stretched 8" width tread

>work nights
>drive 190E with balding all seasons from po
>show up to work, no snow
>get off 8 hours later, 3 inches
>ohfuck.jpg
>home is 3 miles away, fuck it
>practice turning and stopping in parking lot before leaving
>car has way more grip than expected
>start ripping skids
>day crew shows up, leave so i dont bin into one of their cars
>pull into local church parking lot
>rip more hektik skids
>leave after a few minutes
>find another church parking lot
>rip more skids
>get home 30 minutes after leaving work
>tfw usually get home in under 10
>tfw had the most fun in a car in years in conditions that i always hated driving in

AWD a shit can no compete.

Buy a shovel and snow tires. I assume your mustang has a limited slip already, if not... lol.

Now your only enemy is snow depth. But that would hinder any normal coupe or sedan.

Pussy

Initial d that shit faggot

Sounds like you need better tires

>leaving snowy parking lot in morning
>snow removal consists of two guys with leaf-blowers
>shift into second without thinking right as I'm approaching snow patch
>accidentally rip 15-20 mph skid past snowblowers

Get decent fucking tires, you pleb
webm related is with an open diff, traction control on and nokian hakka 8 winter tires

I wouldn't be too worried about rain unless your car has 300-350+hp to the rear wheels. My car only has 215hp/218tq, and as long as I don't just hammer the gas pedal down, I've never had an issue. It will slip if you try to force it though.

I find snow is worse, if you live somewhere where it snows CONSTANTLY and with 12+ inches normally, get winter tires or a beater. I live in Maine so whenever there's a really bad storm, I always know it's going to be a shit day. I'm surrounded by brotrucks and faggy SUVs, so when it snows and I'm going 5 under the speed limit so I don't slip, they get pissed off and fly by me. If it weren't for the "snow" mode on the transmission, I honestly would have probably slipped into a ditch or guard rail by now.

Did the sprotcross only come with an open diff? My IS300 came with a limited slip diff, and it's just the Sedan.

With a decent traction control, you don't NEED lsd, as it will tug on the brakes of individual rear wheels, depending on slippage, and send bursts of power to the opposite wheel.
An lsd will also make it more uncontrollable when throttling out of a corner as opposed to an open diff

Both the SX and the sedan could be had with either.

>I live where it snows a decent amount yearly
>Hurr durr better buy a mustang, dat v8
>Oh no, it is snowing, how it could snow here like it has for my entire life? Now what am I supposed to do?
>What is: Snow tires
>What is: A shovel
>What is: Cat litter/sand
>What is: Common sense
>"Hey boss, I won't be in to work today because I'm retarded and didn't plan ahead. No, I can't leave early to shovel my driveway and clean off my car, what am I, some kind of savage?"

The sportcross had a better suspension set up compared to the sedan though, right? I read that somewhere, not sure how true it is. Surely not comparative to the L-Tuned model, unless the sportcross had an L-Tuned version as well.

Suspension is identical apart from the SportCross having a tiny bit stiffer rear springs/higher rear ride height. A significant difference is pic related, though. The sedan doesn't have these "beams" between the rear suspension towers, though it has a steel firewall between trunk and rear seats that might do the same job, not sure.

SportCross also has better weight distribution than the sedan (51/49 on the IS200 SportCross).

Faster, better handling, and more space.
A S197 V6 Mustang is about as fast as a BRZ around a track and much faster in a straight line.
A BRZ is embarrassingly slow for what you pay, because the used market exists. You could get an optioned out Ecoboost mustang for $25k any day of the week, which is around the cost of a BRZ.
Besides that, there's still the 370z and V6 Genesis coupe.

>Have a 1985 rwd 1/2 ton gmc pickup
>Spins tires shifting gears at 45 mph in the rain

Dude, I live way the fuck up north where it snows 6 inches at least once a week. My only car is a RWD. You should have no goddamn trouble getting your powerhouse Mustang on the road.