Reverse sleepers

Why aren't reverse sleepers are a thing?

>get a amazing car with engine broken for cheap
>replace it with a econobox engine = almost free
>enjoy cheap miles and cool ride

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/most-backwards-engine-swap-ever-gives-muscle-car-3-cyli-1759250645
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's called being a cuck

what is V6 mustang

Because you can just buy a 2.3L I4 Foxbody that has like 85hp

what is V6 mustang

also this , LX foxbodies regularly go for like

Like this?

>buy a IMS bearing failed 996 for nothing
>replace engine
>profit

This thread is a reverse sleeper soon.

we already have them

Kek and this fucking thing

Why is it so ugly? Abomination of a body shape.

Damn you Nissan for starting this coupehatchback trend with 350Z.

because
>performance cars have stiff suspension and i don't want a dd with bumpy ride
>every nerd will try to race you

There's nothing wrong with liftback hatches as long as they don't have blob proportions. (Like a tree fiddy)

>car desinged to handle well and be cheap
>reverse sleeper

I don´t get it, the GT-86 was made to compete against the MX-5 and isn´t bad doing so.

>no traction

The Celica was always a shitbox.

because e-peen

Wouldn't a reverse sleeper basically be a ricer?

>all show no go

Were talking about their appearance and relative speed not their marketing strategy

It's called being a ricer

It's the car equivalent of stuffing your crotch with tissue paper before you head off to the club

And the GT-86 performs pretty good around corners.

>99hp prius engine

i know a guy with a riced 2013 iirc f sport and i shrug every time i see it
i can probably smoke it with my fucking city bike

Fucking this. Every goddamn nerd. Even with something that is just a responsible dd that you happen to like the look of like my 94 integra rs. That thing gets almost 35mpg, I dig the look of, and it's pretty fun to drive. But holy shit at every goddamn redlight there is a faggot in a gti golf or shitbox civic revving their fucking angry bumblebee sounding 4 cylinder through a flowmaster at me.

isn't this fake? I want it to be real, I want someone to roll up to a boomer car show with this thing and an extra loud fart can muffler

>integra
>daily driver

What's the problem?

Lol you're me but I have an economical little RSX base.

b

Yeah but it doesnt have the straight line performance that the long hooded, low slung, short deck rwd body suggests!

Its like having a super hot gf without ever fucking her.

I saw an old Chrysler landbarge with a 120 hp Mercedes diesel in the ads once. Definitely not something I'd buy.

All cars nowadays look faster than they are.

Nigga reverse sleepers are when you have riced out car with actual performance. People with sleepers think youre just a ricer and challenge you thinking they're gonna surprise you, but in turn get surprised.

yeah but you are still stuck with that GM quality level interior.

underrated post

I always love how some cuck will try to defend scion as a """""sporty""""" DD. Same with the Veloster, which also fits in this thread.

I mean there's a guy one one of my facebook groups with an ND Miata motor swapped into an FD RX7

Good choice.

I would like that

They are extremely comfy and absurdly cheap to maintain for a luxury car.

something like this but less powerful?

I'm right there with you.
3 cyl diesel in a roadrunner
jalopnik.com/most-backwards-engine-swap-ever-gives-muscle-car-3-cyli-1759250645

I want to know why engine flip-flops aren't a thing
>buy two contrasting but loved cars
>bastardize both of them by exchanging the drivetrains
personally I want to do this with a Eunos Cosmo and a C7 corbette

I think i could call this a reverse sleeper?

So about 5 years ago i found this 1947 Chevy pick up with a 53 bed sitting on a 94 S10 chassis. Had the 4cylinder with a 5-speed. The body had the whole dilapidated/patina look and had a nice stance to it (actual stance, not jdm "stanced" and not "slammed" in any way). Only wanted $1700 for it. I have/had big blocks, small block, stock 50's classics, LSX's, built euro classics and anything in between and thought this was the coolest little truck. Had a great look and would do 20-30 mpg. I was trying to sell my Barracuda to make room, but was too late and he sold the car just before i sold it. I would have loved to use it as a daily instead of my Camaro, but things happen for a reason i suppose.

i love this idea

For some reason i always liked the thought of a 68-70 charger with the poverty pack 225 slant

Holden 202 in a VR/VS commodore

for murricans, its the equivalent of putting a chevy 250 into a early 90's caprice

I would drop a VR5/6 engine in there.

I think the best reverse sleeper would be buying a classic American car, something with a 400+ ci V8, and then dropping a 3cyl Ecoboost or whatever junkyard Corolla motor into it. And def put a fart can on it so you don't even have to pop the hood to cause boomer butthurt.

1st gen and 3rd gen rx7 drivetrain swaps.
12a in a third gen rx7 is just WHY

So Tokyo Drift mustang then?

>FD becomes dead simple cruiser that leaves the comfy smell of gasoline fumes in its wake
>lighter FB becomes legitimate sleeper

That car pissed off boomers and ricers alike for being a V6 mustang.

I6 you sperg. The rb26dett is over glorified but it is god tier nontheless, especially when big singled.

This guy bought an early 80's Rolls Royce with a blown motor and put in a LS1 and some standard transmission. He just uses it as his car to do the shopping etc, doesn't drive it much as he's retired, but cool to see a RR driving around anyway.

>Lexus
>Luxury

>Why aren't reverse sleepers are a thing?

Install speakers ported to the outside to loudly playback engine rumbling noises. That will make your car's engine sound beefier.

it's fake. The pic is real, but it was only taken for shits and giggles. That Vette was getting a built up LS7 V8

Wasn't the engine out of the wrecked Silvia? Or at least in the story

a wrecked rb swapped silvia.

hahah