/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Tomorrow at 11 EST edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.2 (Homebrew Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds/)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
↳IOSU + Kernel Exploit: github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-fasthax released
-freeShop was DMCA'd, install it by following this guide -soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-Can be hacked to listen to music, browse, play PSP, and Vita games.

>PS4
-Scene is dead just fucking update and play your game.

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/,
mega.nz/#!5UsygaYI!y-br8IawQ7cQBmI-LaOACHWWuMNtPhlAb01z79np0e4
gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/)
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lxh2x/common_issue_when_using_fasthaxsafehax_unable_to/?st=IXM4K113&sh=967bc4eb
youtube.com/watch?v=io3ta9T5cHI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Would smea go on his scouting run tmr to see how hackable the switch is?

How do you run GodMode9 on 3ds? I installed it but I can't figure out how to run it through a9lh

11 pm, to be clear!

How does one remove write protection from an SD card?

use the physical slider on the card

If moving the slider doesn't work, you're fucked and need a new card.

bump

SD card full sized or micro? Full sized there's a little gray tab you can slide up and down, for micro there's permissions you can change in properties

Well it's in the up position. I don't know what else there is for it.

And then I went and bought a new card, and that one is also write-protected fresh out of the package.

POKÉMON DOESN'T WORKS AFTER UPDATE REEEEEEEEEEE

How do I fix an inaccurate 3ds touch screen? My O3DS is a (near) launch unit, and the screen accuracy is way off (center is a bit to the left, so is the upper left).

I'm using an SDHC and an SDXC and both of them are like this.

System Settings -> Calibrate

Sorry wrong post

I've done it like 10 times.

How do you play European .cia games on an US region console?

I want to check out this picross round 2 game.

same way you play US games on an EU console

by installing them like you would any other game?
luma completely patches out region locks from your console

Why not just download US version from freeshop?

Is there a guide for drooling retards on how to install custom themes for the o3DS?
I've gotten this far, gbatemp.net/threads/release-chmm2-custom-home-menu-manager-2.397543/, but don't know how to proceed.

3ds.guide

Let's say I just installed 30 GBA CIAs, forgot to transfer one and am too lazy to open my N3DS up, take the SD card out, and transfer this other one via the card readers?

What other options do I have?

Prepatched moon code.bin for no outlines and all that qr stuff for 1.1

mega.nz/#!5UsygaYI!y-br8IawQ7cQBmI-LaOACHWWuMNtPhlAb01z79np0e4

There's microSD card management in system settings to access it from a computer. Or use FTPD to do the same thing.

Where abouts is the step by step guide for custom themes? I seem to be clinically braindead and can't find anything.

Can someone build a Space Funeral vpk using easyrpg for vita? I keep getting issues when trying to do it and I think I messed up any chances of getting easyrpg to work for me.

How can I increase the framerate of a game like MGS 3 3D on a hacked n3DS?

I have luma + al9h and the overclock option + L2 and running 11.2

I haven't updated any CFW stuff since like November though

I have no idea if it affects anything but I also turned off super stable 3D and I never enable 3D or use battery saver mode

hey guys I get this error from the eshop:
>error code: 005-5964
I know a b& but I'm not sure on how fix it, I found out this guides on gbatemp (gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/) but hey note they are for "002" so I'm not sure if any of these proccedures will be fine.

any help?

you can't the devs locked it to 20fps so there is no increase just less frame drops, still drops alot when a lot of stuff is going on though

the only n3dsxl being sold near me is refurbished. should i given in or wait for a new one.

11.2 is hackable.

Buy a new one online, stupid.

can i use NTR to remove the 20fps cap?

sold out or premium prices
USA

Can I hack a pstv

You can hack anything.

HACK THE PLANET!!!

Holy shit, user. Not him, but I love you. I forgot about that option

Enjoy your bans!!

Really weird but also proof that no one reads that ftpd is actually underrated.

Better buy a N3DS.

anyone?

is it possible to get a save file off of an NDS cart with a cfw 3ds

>get freeshop
>don't really want to download anything

Anyone else feel like this?

What homebrew should I use to back up save files for 3DS? Is it possible to back up from physical cart?

reposting from is 160€ decent for a used FAT 60GB ps3?
i missed out basically all of the ps2 and ps3 library and im thinking of buying a used one of amazan from a certified reseller with good reviews.

I want to download stuff but I'm stuck on my 4GB card until my new one arrives. So now freeShop just sits there, mocking me.

>Usb loader gx on vwii is fucking trash, constant crashes and lock ups
>retroarch on wii u is a disgrace, lock ups, exception errors, etc

Seriously, the fucking 15 year old xbox is a more capable machine in terms of overall home brew. Fucking hilarious

tiksweep. Sweep the tickets.

Whats the difference between the .ips and the .bin? I'm using the .ips and it's a lot smaller (around 500kb)

nintendoomed LOL

twlsavetool

Better yet, here, have this link instead. First solution fixed it for me: reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5lxh2x/common_issue_when_using_fasthaxsafehax_unable_to/?st=IXM4K113&sh=967bc4eb

not how it works

thanks for the links and help but excuse me if I'm slow, but how removing tikets will unban me?

Who said you're banned?

Can I use Pokebank on a hacked 3DS with pirated Sun&Moon?

I got a glitched screen when loading safea9lhinstaller, but the guide said the buttons will work anyway

If I have an otp.bin in the a9lh folder after that does that mean I'm okay to proceed

Is there a guide for how to convert a GBA rom into a .cia? I got some hacks I want to play on a handheld.

if it's exactly 256 bytes, yes, you're good

yes

why isnt kingdom hearts DDD on the free shop, this fucking adapter doesnt read my 64 gig card

because it was never on the eshop

What games work good with FBI

FBI is a piece of shit
BBM is king

>not a b&
google throws very gave info about that error code, and since I was unable to do anything related to the eshop, I just asumed I got a b&.

thanks for your help bro, problem fixed.

Big black man?

JKSM
Yes

Just use FTPD if your adapter doesn't work.

Sorry if it's been asked a lot but it's perfectly fine to download updates from eShop for any game you downloaded from freeShop right?

Thanks for the answer.

>guide tells me to rename file to up_*.bin
>I rename it to down_*.bin

who /DAMAGED/ here?

What games have you guys downloaded from freeshop?
How far have you progressed in them?

>Everyone downloaded 100 games, played non

yeah you can just update through freeshop though no real need to use eshop anymore

It and Chibi Robo Park Patrol never got digital releases. I learned those the hard way.

Not Park Patrol, Zip Lash. Though Park Patrol didn't get one either. :^)

like 30 probably finished around 15 but most of them are just pick up and play with no real ending

Like brain-damaged?

Thanks, user

So, I just finished installing arm9loaderhex and luma on my 3ds, and freeshop. I was wondering, since it is on the official guide but not in others, is it safe to delete the 2.1.0-4U_ctrtransfer_o3ds from my SD card? And what else can I do now? how do I play GBA games or stuff like that?

Doesn't the guide tell you what to delete at the end?

Can I play ps1 on vita?

How do you grab updates from freeShop? I can only see the games themselves.

download the 3ds>cia conversion from 3dsiso, and install the cia file with fbi

end of the guide tells you everything you can delete
you can play gba games by installing cias through fbi, make your own or find them from a site

>don't make backups
TWISTED

I downloaded alpha sapphire, which actually came preloaded on my 2DS. Only one of the 140 games I've played so far.
Also boxboy, but I bought that as well.
In fact, I haven't played anything spare sapphire since I hacked.
IT'S ALMOST LIKE THE HACKING IS THE FUN PART

In a step of the guide it tells you you can delete those files, but since they were used for the transformation, I was wondring if they were still needed for something, or if they are not needed after having gone back to the current version

>JK doesn't update github with the latest version of JKSM
y u do dis

youtube.com/watch?v=io3ta9T5cHI

Get PKSM so you don't have to pay or go through the long process of connecting to the internet every time

>Zip Lash
I could swear there's a zip lash demo on eshop.
So they release a digital demo online but not the full game?
What is this, DS Download station?

I cant download the 2.1.0 ctrtransfer on the guide
Please help

Maybe 9 or 10. I play Rhythm Heaven like 20 minutes a day and I'm 6 hours into Yokai Watch.
I would have more time in but I injected some GBA roms and I can't not play my favorite GBA games.

Downloaded about 20, played the start of the most of them but i've mainly stuck to happy home designer. I didn't think it'd be so fun

I would not be surprised if people only hacked because of the thrill of being able to get anything you want, and not actually giving a shit to play any.

I downloaded Bravely Default, Persona Q and Link Between Worlds.

Currently loving the shit out of BD.

>Kirby Planet Robobot - play on and off world 4
>Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - just got Latias
>Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - haven't touched
>Shovel Knight - beat first level, haven't played since
>Binding of Isaac - haven't touched
>Hyrule Warriors Legends - on and off, beat Faron Woods
>Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - only played tutorial
>Pullblox - play on and off, just finished first set of mosaic levels
>Sanic 3D 1 & 2 - haven't touched
>Puzzle & Dragons Z + Mario - world 2 in Mario

im gonna try to commit myself to finishing a few games before downloading some more

It may be that it got a digital release, but nobody ever dumped the title key for it. Which would make sense, the game barely sold at all.

>babby's first torrent file