/lite/ RogueLITE General

Last thread: >What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

What exactly is that achievement again?

>When you have 10000 HP, boss armor, and can shuffle across the floor at mach 5

rate my oc

Mom's Box + Cancer + Jacob's Ladder is amazing.

FNAF reference?

>boss armor

I actually don't think Delirium has boss armor. I killed him sometimes in a matter of seconds.

JoJo refernece?

5 win streak all win different characters

0/0

;^)

>Spectral Sulfuric tears don't break rocks
please

also no skipping Mom

Jaeh is one of the many blessings on this world.
Also, ree, furshit.

which character should i play

The Keeper

Have fun gitting gud.

Nose Goblin is absurdly good for a trinket. How long until gets hit with the steak?

Uninstall Afterbirth and play the Lost.

im playing antibirth btw

got it

Seems reasonable to me. Cancer and Curved Horn are better than lots of items that do similar effects, and they haven't been nerfed.

>Get technology after getting Spirit Sword and Mom's Eye
>Then get Blood Pact

I'm literally Darth Maul holy shit.

top notch OC

heh

Post results!
Also, play until you win a run.

>Everytime I try to get the 3rd knife piece in Antibirth
>Always end up either not having the resources needed to access the area, or being so overpowered that hitting the very specific fires is impossible

God damn this is hard.

if you have enough bombs or the blood bombs item, try placing bombs to extinguish fires rather than rely on something like monstro's lung brimstone to do it

Yeah, only considered that but I only had 3 and I had already cleared the floor, wasn't any chance of getting more.

As fun as ridiculous as was, it doomed the run.
Oh well, time to restart and be more careful.

Im getting guppy 90% of my runs, feels good man.

>10 broken heart containers and a red key
Jesus Christ. Someone is one greedy muhfucka.

have a run where you take literally no interesting tear effects and only flat stat upgrades and that sorta vanilla shit
then solve the knife puzzle and leave the probably incredibly boring run
you should also probably not enter any antibirth floors until the mausoleum

Took 45 minutes there, i could be greedier if i wanted.

Wait, i was looking at another run's time. Whoops!

Uh, guys, I have no idea how this happened, but I was doing greedier mode, killed ultra greed's first form, then started shooting at the gold statue from above as the second form animation was happening and then the second form instantly died. I got the completion shit for it and everything still. Anyone know why this happened?

Seed?

There seems to be a bug that removes boss armor or something during a short moment between transformations.
I think I also one time got the completion for killing a spider's egg sack in between Greed phases.

>NT daily
>pick random, get robot
>going all right, assault slugger, just got laser mini on 5-1
>trigger, brain, paw, stomach, pluto, going well so far
>stop to eat a weapon drop
>CAR THROWN FROM OFFSCREEN
>run is kill
I am become salt.

If you hit him while he's morphing with a little horn hole shot it will instantly destroy him
playtested steak

I dunno. I ended the run.

That's probably what happened. I had high dps

This is what happened, then. I had that item.

i wanna reroll just for the fuck of it lol

Why is your game so blurry?

I have the filter on and my laptop has a low resolution i think

Who here likes Our Darker Purpose?

>.>

tech 2 can get the knockout drops effect? interedasting..

Where do I get the Vaseline mod?

what did he mean by this

>just found out that I'M EXCITED! has a relapse effect just like Retro Vision

Fug.

I'm SO fucking tired of getting this shitty familiar every fucking run

FUCK YOU little chad, I won't even pick you up this time you piece of shit

>Inb4 gets Dark Bum and regrets not consummating their marriage

Is it really possible to go the Void after beating Mega Satan? I just get taken to ending 16 every time.

>broken hearts
I'm not that far into Antibirth, what the hell are those?

An item gives pedestals for permanent health decrease (the broken hearts). Yes the lost can "abuse" it

I already have Gimpy anyway so getting half red hearts isn't really hard

Magic Skin eats a Heart Container (or 2 Soul Hearts) and makes the Container it ate broken, no HP can go into it.
In exchange, you get an item from the current room's Item Pool on a pedestal.
Beat Witness as Jacob+Esau.
It also has a 6 room recharge.

Why the apostrophes?

It needs batteries.

I almost never play Binding of Ballsack but afterbitch+ looks a little cool. I don't know I've never had a good run on Afterbirth where I actually felt that fun feeling I have with Nuclear Throne.

Do I have to fight Hush with every character again or is the way to The Void unlocked for everyone?

Another update. Did they fix some of the steaks?

50% chance for the portal the spawn

>Antibirth
>Rock Bottom into Soy Milk
Yeah boi.

>tfw only got The Keeper and The Lost to beat Delirium

It's gonna be hell

>Get a good Apollyon Run going
>I'm stuck with probability bullshit in order to get to the final, final stage

Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Ehehehe GIT GUD KID

I just was very lucky.

Every door could be the final. Try to max your shit while every boos could be THE boss. I had fun.

Beating Hush is a guarantee. Go fast.

We both have to suffer waiting through dedication

Hold me.

>go for Lost Delirium
>roll into Gnawed Leaf, Hushy, 2 fly orbitals, Sac Dagger, Headless Baby, and the Mom transformation
>get Succubus and Shade on a devil deal
Pretty good way to spend 40 minutes.

So I just got to round 4 on rerun, and I didn't get the achievement. Apparently it's bugged. Can I die now and I'll still get the acheivement when it's fixed automatically or do I have to blow another hour and a half of my life at some point in the future?

:^)

>tfw got gnawed leaf but nothing to deal damage on a Lost run that made it to Delirium

I died when he was at like 1/5 health, too.

>Literally deleting negative reviews off of the steam page
didn't think steak would stoop that low

I hate steak so fucking much

You were supposed to exit and reopen your game after the first rerun began

Did you try doing it with mods enabled? That's how people have unlocked it, I think it's bugged yeah.

This will be "fun".
Actually, I think Five Nights at Mom's will be a time sink for me.

Am I the only one here who hopes for new challenges and unlocks during the next smaller updates?

Will it at least count if I beat Delirium with my super-lost with every fucking item in the game, or do reruns not count towards unlocks?

I hope for more challenges like April's Fool. That one was gold.

>Will it at least count if I beat Delirium with my super-lost with every fucking item in the game
Don't you lose most of your items on a loop

:v)

>close game
>download a mod
>turn mods on
>current run wiped

I don't have an image to express how furious I am right now

You can use the debug menu and give yourself a bunch of items to "cheat your way through 4 reruns and it should work.

You technically already did it, so I wouldn't feel too bad about cheating, that shits hard.

It wasn't too bad, I got Judas' shadow and kept it on the 3rd rerun so I immediately killed myself and started as dark judas with brimstone/mom's knife and incubus. The rest was a cakewalk. It just took almost two fucking hours total.

I really hope for Antibirth getting added seamlessly into the main game because then angel rooms will be viable again.

Theyre still adding content and fixing bugs, will take atleast a month to start porting and most people (at least here) refunded the dlc.

Post things you want me to sprite so I can practice the isaac style

Steak.

>adding content and fixing bugs

Some things definitely need fixing. Jacob & Esau need to be not worse than Keeper.

>and most people (at least here) refunded the dlc

Do you really believe that?

Sprite a pack of ramen and the accompanying noodle tears.

A turtle

Bomb transformation

It's already on reddit

How can you lose as jacob? Only azazel and bethany are easier.

isaacs tears were too powerful so they were nerfed

>Keeper Delirium runs, hour 12, after trying to work an Isaac shop break+clicker into a run and fucking up repeated things are looking bleak so I switch back to grinding out first floor swallowed pennies w/ decent damage first treasure rooms
>first floor swallowed penny
>second floor IV bag+restock
>can't get absurdly broken because Car Battery shows up in the floor 2 shop, then 3 had curse of the tower, then 4 had missing no, then 5 had curse of the tower, then 6 was Greed
>manage to get decent damage regardless cheesing a potato peeler with strength cards and a few lucky pickups
>make it to Blue Womb with relative ease (in no small part due to Mama Mega and a fly army from endless nameless, jera, tarot cloth, and a berkano rune that got used like 64+ times)
>buy what I can there with the multiple 2 of diamonds cards I brought+1 I found+tarot cloth (underrated as shit item)
>get a fucking Chaos Card from one of the chests
>get a fucking forget me now in the shop
>switch my trinkets up to Nose Goblin and Liberty Cap (I had smelted Swallowed Penny to my body long ago)
>second time through the floor find 9 lives and another strength card
>kill Hush with chaos cause it won't work on Delirium (glad I knew this in the first place)
>Delirium is the first boss fight
>shit's going well until it glitches out and teleports as Monstro right on top of me, keeping me from reaching my penny drop
>die 6 more times to it teleporting on top of me as Mom's foot
>aw fuck
>rush into another room in a panic looking for health
>not looking where I'm going, I die running into an enemy immediately
>calm the fuck down and clear it and the next 2 rooms
>golden chest pops
>it's breakfast
>remember I have Sad Homing Mega Cluster Bomber Sticky Butt Bombs
>run around dropping those all fight
>win with 2 lives remaining
Now I just have to finish Blue Baby and I can actually dick around doing the rest of the characters without feeling like it's a chore.

how

they no longer charge quickly with charge items, and damage isnt increased based on the time you charge

Dicking around with characters is the best. I actually continued playing before AB+ with 1001% because neat things would happen all the time and it was fun.

user, that looks like a piece of paper. Give it some depth.

Little Chad + Dark Bum is one of the best combos in this entire game.

It's literally just 2/3rds the Relic except sometimes you get spiders.

>Mucormycosis procs off each individual segment of multi-segmented enemies/bosses
Neat.