Classic Car General

/classic car general/ - /ccg/

Is winter over yet Edition

>Post your classic cars and trucks
>Blog about electrical gremlins
>Pray to the carb gods
>Argue about Mopar vs Ford vs Chevy vs Pontiac vs Buick vs Oldsmobile vs Cadillac vs Packard vs Hupmobile vs Deusenberg vs Auburn vs Edsel vs Cord vs Locomobile vs Hudson vs Studebaker vs AMC vs Graham

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rDBbaGCCIhk
comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/cto/5959873123.html
comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/cto/5959871663.html
hotrod.com/articles/8-second-drag-jeep-follows-road-less-traveled/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>That rust
3spoopy5ne

what is that face trying to convey

sorrow

Can someone shop [rusts internally] into that picture?

willys master race here...

youtube.com/watch?v=rDBbaGCCIhk

>All different tires
Classy

>classic
ftfy

What should I swap into this

500 caddy

That's a little big.
It's a Toyota so I was thinking 1/2J or a K motor or a VR6 or an LS or maybe even a BP

Vr6 a shit. Also 500 caddy isn't that big externally

Swap in a 460 with a tunnel ram.

I don't want shitty old American motors, they are fucking trash

Say that to a 7.6l v8 that revs past 7 grand and makes more power than Cuba

Volvo classic masterrace. Fuck all those amerifag brands

That's fine, all makes and models are welcome here, as long as they pass the definition of a Classic Vehicle

Well its only 3 differnt tires, back two are the same. The agressive looking tire on the left i have a full set but had to put one on to get it on the trailer when i bought it last week. Runs and drives though.

A corvette engine :^)

then go to the ricer fagbois, challenge them in a race and btfo them

Yee that's what I'm thinking famalam

This thing would be sweet to cruise around in
comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/cto/5959873123.html

He's also selling this Valiant Convertible as well
comoxvalley.craigslist.ca/cto/5959871663.html

>TFW no 65 mustang convertible with a 289 and a 4 speed
I want a convertible

I fixed my car today.
Now I just got to get her insured and registered : )

>I shitpost on snapchat

Besides this, I hope its coolio that I post here because I technically own a "Chrysler" and she is an oldie.

What was wrong with it?
>Box fenders are one of my fetishes.

The brake pedal seemed to be seized. Fast foward a Brake Booster and a Master Cylinder to realize that I should just put the fucking battery back into it, and take it for the drive.

I'm not a mechanic, but as I guy said to me, "If you're not a mechanic, this car will make you one".

>Just turns out I'm a stupid mechanic

ily ur car

:^ )

new axle is back in my ute. Just have to reconnect the hand brake cables and driveshaft.

Yeah I've had my power brakes and power steering go out several times. You can still drive it's just a pain.

VR6 or really anything Volkswagen is your best bet.

Maximum cool points for a VW diesel.

History on that car?

Feels like I've seen it before.

I desperately want an X-100.

lmao this thread isn't for you.

btw 500 caddy is known to take 2000 hp on stock internals.

>muh boat anchor.

>makes more power than Cuba
I am dyin irl rn holy moley lmao

Has anyone ever fitted a Grand National engine into a CJ5? After all the Dauntless is just a Buick V6.

>classic vehicle thread
>truck is a 71
>this thread isn't for you

It's possible, but I don't see the point. Would make a cool sleeper though

No clue, I grabbed it off google

62 scout 80 for 2k in rough shape but runs great but pops outta 3rd gear yes or no?

Cool truck but that's going to need a lot of work. I'd keep looking.

Pics?

The third gear thing is a known issue with the T98, caused by worn teeth on the dog clutch. Fortunately, they're common as fuck and any 4-wheel drive parts house should have rebuild kits. Not a deal-breaker.

The 4-152 engine has a weak lower end so be careful if it has one.

What's the point of anything?

If it's a 4wd crawler then having a pesky turbo isn't that good, maybe works for a mud truck, but the only application for a gn powered CJ would be sleeper in my eyes

And that's fine. We're /ccg/, not /org/.

Sleeper CJ is certified rad

hotrod.com/articles/8-second-drag-jeep-follows-road-less-traveled/

Yeah but does the windshield still fold down with the cowl hood in place?

You probably can't

How do I stop an intake manifold gasket leak when I just put a new one in?

Retorque the bolts?

take the intake manifold off again and properly seal it again

I did properly seal it. At least I thought I did. It wasn't leaking when I first put it on

It's not properly sealed then.

Did you just remove the manifold not too long ago or has it been a while?
Try torquing the bolts down again, but if that doesn't work then you still have to take the manifold off again

Yeah, I replaced the lifters on Friday

Oldsmobile 307 btw, I posted about it in the landbarge thres

So it doesn't take too long to do it at least.
I did the same thing when I got an edelbrock aluminum intake for my Tbird. Drove it around for a day then the next day I had oil spewing out the back cause I didn't use enough RTV on one spot. Only took me an hour and a half or two hours to re-seal it again

Too bad mine has a one time use valley pan. You have to replace it EVERY TIME the intake comes off

Oh, well that's super lame dude. My 302 doesn't have that

Is yours a roller motor or a flat tappet?

flat tappet

This is one of my favorite parts about the LS desu, take the intake off and the engine is still sealed, also no water runs a through the intake which means no water leaks from the gasket either.

ayy nice judging by the truck intake on the floor that's a 4.8/5.3/6.0

yee 5.3 from a silverado or some shit.
what you doin there?

I tore the motor down because I saw a really fuckered spark plug pic related and I wanted to gap the rings for turbo

Right now I'm torn between stock cam or throwing in a cam while the motor is apart and its my budget holding me back. Also not sure if I want to go with a ebay special GT45 or an on3 78/75. Stock cam and GT45 and I could buy everything in one go and have money for the tune

The goal is anything over 500 so I can rekt Mustangs on the street

lol you're doing exactly what I'm doing, just bought the ebay gt45 for my shit lmaoooo, not gapping my rings tho just gonna run it stock

Fucking rain is stopping me from getting my brakes finished, bummer.

Bent and flared some brake lines in the engine bay, never done it before so pretty happy with the results. The one behind was about 6 feet, that was fun.

new master ready to pump that fluid bb

The 307 has water jackets which if they don't seal correctly, leak coolant into the oil. Hoping that's all good

top kek nice. Are you running a stock cam too?

for now yeah might upgrade it later, desu I just want 500 hp, 600 would be dope but it is what it is.
Are you decapping your injectors or buying 80lb?

>ebay 383
>everything is some tuned turn-key $7k engine
fuck off dammit

Decapping for sure. Are you gonna get it tuned or are you doing it yourself?

>tfw no laptop
honestly about to buy hptuners and just drag my computer in the garage kek

gonna tune it myself senpai, pick up a shitty as old thinkpad off ebay for 60 bucks, x61/x200/x220 and then you can tune in your car.
>tfw hptuners is 700 dollars

>>tfw hptuners is 700 dollars
For the gay pro edition, I don't think you even need that

It's nice to have so you can do logging and not have to look at the computer while doing pulls

Everything around 2k and pre 1966 has been in a lot worse shape, it just needs a lot of little adjustments and what not.

It has that little 4banger but eventually id like to swap in something hilarious like a 2-53 Detroit.

Isuzu 4BD1T

Ehhh fug that

Thanks for the idea for the /g/ meme machine thinkpad for cheap

Do you have the turbo yet? That shit is xbox hueg

Yeah dude thinkpads are nice for cheap pieces of shit to beat on, I've covered mine in carb cleaner and melted the keyboard and dropped it onto concrete and it's still chugging along from 2006 lol
Yep got the turbo, it's so fuckin huge lol it makes every other turbo I see look like a toy
Bruh gimme some contact deets like telegram or discord or something I wanna keep up with you on your build

Sounds like your intake might be warped
Rib

Just spent a grand on a set of pistons for my 540 all I got left Now I really buy are heads and the blower itself
Who else is
#throweverypaycheckintothetoiletcrew here

I wish I could afford something like that

This car just chills around my way, I wanna fix her up and make her new again. I know jack shit about cars though

You could email me at [email protected] if you want to keep in touch

I'm always lurking in here too

Good luck broski. Internet is your best friend. Ive got a degree in engineering and even i have to check the internet sometimes on how to do stuff ;_,

no please no

i just wanted to fix it

Pro tip for you right here, google yamabond, Hondabond, permatex motoseal, all of those are basically the same thing, gas resistant sealants, they will seal fucking anything.

Also threebond, furgot that one.
Out of all those options you're bound to find one locally

can you pick those up at vatozone or advance auto? fuckin thing is my daily and i can't go without it. considering taking it to a shop to get it done fast since the choke is fucked up too

Fix it man. You'll learn everything you want from that car

Oreilly has permatex motoseal, I use that shit on everything it's a godsend

Ok I'll give it a shot if retorqueing the bolts doesn't work. The front two seem to have backed off qute a bit

>mfw I saw a stanced mk4 Jetta on the side of the road with his stanced friends because he blew a stretched tire
I felt bad, but what did you think would happen?

Was driving through NYC yesterday out to Long Island with my sister to pick up her new puppy. On the way back on the LIE I passed a nicely restored blue 1969 Dodge Charger that had regular plates on it. I give the guy credit for using it as a car. Unfortunately no pics.

Using classic cars as actual cars and not toys is really fun

Good, fuck that dildo. Stance fags are pure cancer

Kek. I always wondered if that is what happens, because I assumed that's what happened, then it did.

There's nothing wrong with stance, not to mention the definition of stance is not set in stone and varies depending on who you ask.

Ive seen it done on a YJ (mid 90s wrangler) Novak makes a adaptor plate so you can use the stock transmission. Ive heard freinds with the cj say they wanted to do it because its an easy swap.

There is something wrong with stretching your tires to the point that they blow up while operating the vehicle in a normal manner.

I like a lowered vehicle though.

>There's nothing wrong with stance, not to mention the definition of stance is not set in stone and varies depending on who you ask.
This is like when people say faggot means bundle of sticks. Stance has been redefined to mean mexicants and pinoys swagging out their shitty boring rental cars for "da gram".

Stretched tires are fine, I push my car to traction limits every day with 175s on 8 inch wide wheels, few days ago I didn't even know but I had 8 psi on my rear right tire and I had been driving around like a maniac for a week, nothing ever happened, it's raining right now and it grips fine.
Stretch isn't as bad as you think, I live with it every day for over a year, no issues at all.

Yes but, there's some stuff that's okay, then there's super retarded shit. I'm glad there aren't stance fags that take it to the extreme around where I live, cause it's illegal to have a certain amount of camber that can be deemed as unsafe