pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/
4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20161208073/
youtube.com/watch?v=L9X2MsmQe5M&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw lose interest in creating a character once I hit Undead Settlement
Going through the game is so boring.

You're fucking kidding, right?
>less AR than Greatsword
>worse scaling than Greatsword, is completely inferior with Refined infusion
>same fucking moveset

Its only selling point is its strike damage, which matters worth jack shit except maybe in PVE. And that it looks sexy.

Why though? I can see why someone would hate going through that area again but it's not like it takes that long to rush through. Unless you dislike the areas after it as well.

Why did Miyazaki just throw in the towel and decide that every piece of loot in III needs to have a thrall or slime fall on you when you pick it up?

I think more crystal lizards that ran into enemy hordes would've been better.

I fucking hated DaS2 and Das3 so I have virtually no reason to be here, but I miss DeS and DaS so fucking much. I miss talking about them here and playing them with folks from here.
Feels bad, man.

When's DeS coming to PS4?

never
But you can be like me and make DeS cosplays in DS1 and 2

Don't forget how literally every other chest in the second half of the game is a Mimic.

>normal blobs are annoying and tedious
>figure out fire kills them quickly so nbd
>get to smouldering lake
>fire blobs everywhere
thanks miyazaki

>When's DeS coming to PS4?

Ask Sony.

Miyazaki said that if they did remaster DeS, From would have literally no involvement, it would be purely up to Sony. gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-director-talks-franchises-legacy-poss/1100-6441636/

Meanwhile, the Sony Team (SIE) says that they rae focusing on "ambitious projects" and PS4 hardware specific games (aka, PSVR). So don't get your hopes up. 4gamer.net/games/000/G000000/20161208073/ (there's a translated Dualshockers version of this but I can't be fucked to dig it up, just use google translate.)

>thanks memehacksucky

>focusing on "ambitious projects" and PS4 hardware specific games (aka, PSVR)

I personally don't feel like DeS really aged that terribly. And I'm saying that without having played it first, or even second.
Looking at the mechanics of these games, things like PvE combat, equip load, blocking and rolling, buffs, spells, and the multiplayer aspect have stayed pretty much the same since they were introduced in DeS. The majority of characters that appear in the following games even have their roots in it.
Sure these things have been expanded, but the basics are all there.

Obviously the series has improved when it comes to varieties of weapons and different movesets, having more builds available, and bosses being less silly and all over the place. Multiplayer also has covenants in later games too, which helps make things a little more interesting.

Despite that though, I ended up enjoying it a good deal and I can't attribute it to nostalgia since I didn't play it till after 1 and 2 and I can't attribute it to console shit since I play most games on PC.
Just personal opinion, though, plenty of people would agree with you and say it's aged.

One day I'll gather the autism needed to count the percentage of "trapped" pieces of loot in this game.
I'd be willing to bet it's a higher percentage than in 1, but I'd want to know by how much.

you lads saw the leaks?

The only trapped loot I can remember in one are the items guarded by the rotting dragon in the valley of the drakes and the painted world.

For what?

no

>Large Divine Ember

There's a lot of pieces of loot in the Catacombs that could be considered "trapped", considering that moving to pick it up will spawn skeletons around it.

>always forget how vital poise is in DaS1
>everytime I get invaded I get stunlocked and die in one combo

I mean, I would definitely lose anyway, but fuck is that a major reminder

Half those mechanics were around before DeS anyway.

What makes the games age is subtleties like control responsiveness, movement acceleration, graphics, etc. that all contribute to a sense of "clunkines". These are all things that get better across all video games with time as they become more sophisticated. DeS and DaS are both dog-shit ancient in terms of that kind of subtlety (worse than most of From Soft's PS2 games even). But DS2/DS3/BB have significantly improved in those ways.

It's little things like how in DaS your character basically instantly turns whenever you change direction, instead of having a progressive movement and animation to the turn, or how everything (rolling, attacking, etc.) is either "on" or "off" with no middle ground, all stagger animations are the same, there's only 3 different roll animations, etc. DS2 added a lot of wind-up animations, making movement speed progressive instead of completely based on benchmarks, and more subtlety to make it feel less arcade-y and more like you were actually controlling/moving along with the character. BB excels at this, along with DS3 as a result of sharing its engine.

In a way, that makes DeS seem incredibly dated, but like an arcade game, it's sort of dated enough that you really feel that mid-2000s RPG clunkiness. DeS and DaS is about on-par with the original Kingdom Hearts in terms of how smoothly or awkwardly user input is translated into action, and that's what dates it.

Both DaS and DeS have dramatically reduced complexity in basic movement compared to most other From Soft games, and that's probably due to Miyazaki. The games he touches usually have the least complex player feedback, despite being better in most other ways.

If it's not for DeS and Dragon's Dogma on PS4 I don't care.

>DaS is about on-par with the original Kingdom Hearts
> But DS2 ... significantly improved in those ways
You're full of shit here but somehow most of the rest of your post makes sense.

Anyone feel like getting a Sun medalian? im outside Lothric, The Younger

PC
password:dsg

Sure, I've got a minute. Be right there

A fucking invader helped me kill Soul of Cinder. I love this new feature

it's because you didn't read context.

KH1 to KH2 clunkiness is shockingly similar to DS1 to DS2 clunkiness. It has to do with adding animations between attacks, creating legitimate combos, adding wind-up and cooldown animation transitions, giving characters momentum when moving, tightening hitboxes, and making a shitton of mechanics progressive (% based) instead of analog (on/off).

You could say the same about comparing MGS3 and MGS4, though that's like comparing DeS with BB in how much of a leap was made.

just post when you have it down so i can tell you if i dont see it

>there's only 3 different roll animations
DS1 has four and all the other games in the series only have two. Have you even played these games?

Sign's down. Eira is the character's name

So where do I go after Gravelord Nito?

By legitimate combos I mean slight variations in animations, windup/cooldown, and stamina consumption done when chaining one attack into another. DaS just has you repeat the same 2 attacks over and over, but DS2 changes up your animations, wind up, cooldown, and consumption even when repeating the moveset, so that certain weapons have

I'm not comparing KH to DS on quality, just clunkiness. And when it comes to clunkiness in 3rd person melee RPGs, they're fairly similar.

If it's any consolation, something like FFXV (which takes a lot of inspiration from KH's mechanics) is super clunky compared to BB. Games that do this best are shit like Bayonetta, where everything flows subtlety and never feels analog or like they forgot to refine or add animations.

But this is all also because smoothness and refinement of combat is the number one priority in hack and slash games, but in RPGs it's not at all, because game experience isn't a dependent on it.

R8 this fashoin

Seath's Party Palace

I'm not counting the ninja flip.

The dodges in DS2/3/BB vary progressively instead of just swapping one animation out for another. They might look the same but the fact that speeds, distance, and wind up times vary a lot more makes them different mechanically, that's my point.

DS1: Animation 1 or 2 or 3
DS2+: Animations 1, 1.001, 1.002... 1.998, 1.999,2

I already killed him.

How do I get across here? It doesn't seem like a jump will make it.

Chaos Tentacle Dungeon or Edgeville

Let down by dumb swamp magic

>yfw they announce DLC2 tomorrow as a Switch timed exclusive

>helmet on that dress

Kek Edgeville? Where's that? I already did Demon Ruins and Izalith.

fuckable/10

>Seath
>Nito
>Four Kings (new londo)
>Bed of Chaos (Quelaag's Domain / Demon ruins)

Then go back to the lordvessel.

thanks, dude

You can

See that small sliver of platform on the left? You need to try to hit that.

Pretty sure the reward isn't worth it though.

Oh shit, done all of those. Thanks man.

I'm sure ready to be the fuck out of Tomb of the Giants.

I'm aware of those mechanics being around for years, I think I just confused the whole 'dated' aspect with 'having archaic ideas in the gameplay'. Obviously that's not the issue.

I'll be honest, and it's completely personal opinion, but arcade-style animations or lack of fluidity detract so little from games for me that I rarely even give them a second thought.
But that shit dates games like crazy, so I don't know why I didn't assume that was the issue to begin with.

It's a fucking hard jump and I think the item in the chest is a consummable.

youtube.com/watch?v=L9X2MsmQe5M&feature=youtu.be

12:00

The chest is just souls and crimson water. Not worth killing yourself over and over again for, unless you have the spare effigy's and want to be a completionist.

I'm not eager to give from $15 more for another 2 hour item expansion.

Down from Firelink. Make sure you have Artorias' purity ring or you'll get fucked by D A R K N E S S.
Do the DLC before killing Sif for delicious angst.

Alright, I won't bother with it then. Thanks!

Going back and playing the PS1 armored core games after being used to the later PS2 titles is mind-blowingly frustrating, especially since they don't have analog support.

Playing For Answer after Verdict Day, too, is like stepping 15 years back in time with how clunky it is.

I get the same feeling with DeS/DaS. They brought AC1 back to the PS store because it feels so arcade-y that it's almost a novelty in how clunky it is now.

What are some good weapons for a faith build in III? Dex or Str, doesn't matter. I just want something that does high damage and is viable.

Jump and hope you won't get a babyjump.

Viable for what?

PvP and PvE, but I put a priority over PvE

>a fourth unique roll tier with its own animation and different frames/distance/speed doesn't count because DS1 is bad game because I don't like it
>differences in roll distance (the only thing that changes with equip load outside of the breakpoints) each count as their own unique animation because the later games are good and I like them
Fuck outta here, man. You're completely full of shit.

Saint's Bidet with Darkmoon Blade.

What is the most satisfying move to land?

I fucking jizz myself every time I hit with DS2 Fume UGS's 2H L2.

Sacred Flame

I never played armored core are they comparable to zone of the enders?

>sees a post about small mechanical differences between the two games
>immediately gets triggered and starts making wild implications about hating DS1 and how it's not even about mechanics

I didn't count ninja flip because it's a different animation, not a variation on the basic roll. I'm not saying "DS1 is bad because it has fewer variety in its rolls" because that would be dumb. I'm just saying that DS1 rolls were clunky and analog because they were just static animations, while later games smoothed it out and made it more progressive. Because technology gets better with time.

DS3 Black Knight Great Axe 2H R2 when you fling someone into the air

Wolnir's. It was already pretty good after it got Faith scaling, I'm pretty sure the other greatsword buffs have been kind to it as well.

Propaned charged R2, or BKGA charged R2 SCOOPS HAGEN DAS

Lightning Astora Greatsword

>le ds2 is so complicated meme

Don't jump with less than half stamina you absolute fucking kike.

>I never played armored core are they comparable to zone of the enders?

HAHAHAHAH

HAHA

ha

No, but try /acg/

>64 lifegem
Now I remember why people didn't like DS2

I never played anything older than AC3, so I can't personally relate. I would assume all the older games are a bit of a novelty at this point, though, regardless of how they control.

I think in the end this is just something that by all rights should feel very archaic to me, but I have never minded for whatever reason. I have no doubts that the PS1 AC games would get me to feel differently, though.

flattening shit with a DS2 greathammer 2HR2

They really don't heal all that much

It's the Radiant ones you want, but good fucking luck finding those

Either way, they heal so slowly that it basically doesn't matter

DSGA WA

I don't know what causes it... I've heard people saying camera angle and stamina but it seems to be random.

She is literally asking me to ravage her asshole without any lube or enema with those words

thralls are a decent enemy.

Funny, I think that DaS3 shits all over DeS in pretty much everything except level design. In fact, I'd call DaS3 DeS 2.0 while BB is DaS1 2.0 .

DeS aged like milk and the framerate is absolute garbo and unacceptable in [current year]
I mean, people say shit about Bloodborne framerates but slowdows don't outright fucking kill the game unlike DeS.

It has a unique atmosphere, good consistency in level design and some of the music tracks are pure orgasm, but it suffers from technical issues, grass spam, shit armor variety, dumb mechanics like item burden that doesn't even meaningfully contribute to the game the way Stalker's item burden contributed to the stamina management, it's just a hard limit after which you can't carry more stuff lol and gender specific clothing.

I really enjoy hitting with Morne's WA

IIRC lifegems healed for about 500, which is 1/4 of a lategame character's HP
Early game that's half your health bar there, easily

Black Knight Greatsword fully charged 2HR2

It's stamina.

It's fucking stamina.

Just kidding, it's FUCKING STAMINA

Has anyone ever seen the steel case elite knight image without the "Dark Souls" text on it? I gave up looking for it around the time Dark Souls 2 came out and I never got back to looking for it.

Thought the same thing. Imagining her masturbating to cucking the world out of an Age of Fire makes me think she's a cutie.

Shame she picked the game with Yuria in it to compete.

Zone of the Enders plays like a gun-only Kingdom Hearts, with flight.
>press X or O to do everything, game decides which attack to use for you
>camera keeps track of your opponent
>swap between special overpowered weapons
>near infinite healing as long as you keep up the combos
>On rails story with single main whiny protagonist

Armored Core plays like a gun-only Dark Souls, with flight
>super awkward (but entirely customizable) controls until you get it right, then you're fucking God taking down impossible enemies
>all the lore is in the item descriptions
>complex armor/weapon customization, gameplay depends entirely on your stats and equipment
>can be easy or hard depending on what you use

ZoE 1 or 2 is piss-easy compared to most AC games. They're both great mech games, but for totally different reasons. Do not go into AC expecting it to play like ZoE.

The closest AC game to ZoE is Armored Core For Answer. It's also the simplest and easiest in the series, you can pretty much just hop in and blow up everything without really thinking.

Armored Core 3 is probably the best in the series for beginners. Armored Core Last Raven is the best if you want to git gud, as it's probably the intentionally hardest From game ever made.

I'm not saying you're wrong but two or so years ago when I last played DaS2 no one knew what caused it.

Gyrm Great Hammer.

>AotA: We weren't planing on releasing dlc because we believe a game should be released in full content but we did it anyway. It was originally part of the main game but everything's pretty through and detailed.
>Lost Crowns: This was part of the game but we had a lot of fun with it so it expands on some parts of the lore and a bit of the main story. You didn't get the chance to find out small bits of confusing lore in the game so here's the opportunity to get a bigger story.
>The Old Hunters: We have a bigger budget this time and decided to put the last piece of Bloodborne so I really hope you guys enjoy it this time! We also added new transformations that weren't in the main game plus clues to all the mad shags that got you guys mind boggling so this should clear up how hunters came to be.
>AoA: The dlc this time is strictly unrelated with the main story which is done btw. We're only using this for testing grounds of things we got the chance to do so I hope you enjoy the scraps.

>This was part of the game but we had a lot of fun with it so it expands on some parts of the lore and a bit of the main story
It was the main game user

EGS spin slash

DaS stopped working for so I'm planning to reinstall it so my question is, do I need to back up my saves or are there in the steam cloud? If the former, where do i find them and under what extension?

Does Sir Vilhelm use any spells? I'm making a sl 80~ build to boss invade Friede. For great justice.

Vow of Silence and Great Heal

DS1 has Steamcloud

And for some reason the next two games don't

Just From Software things

Okay, I'll reinstall it then. Thanks, user.

What's the difference between magic weapons and enchanted weapons, in DS1?

When the fuck are they going to announce DLC 2
Just get it over with so From can move onto games they actually care about making

I think it's more likely that 3 was made on pressure/contract obligation from Bamco than FROM wanting money.
Say what you want about Miyazaki, I don't think he actually wants to make sequels. If he did, he probably would've tried to direct 2.

I like this game, guys

>Say what you want about Miyazaki, I don't think he actually wants to make sequels
I'm almost 100% sure I read it from an interview of him specifically saying just that. DS3 is proof that he's burnt out or absolutely appalled on the idea of churning out sequels.