Land barge thread, because it's been too long

Land barge thread, because it's been too long.

Went to the lkq near me, and found out Mercury Mariner wheels have the same lug pattern as my Grand Marquis. Actually looks pretty bad ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/HhH0ZhdBw5I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have p71s dropped in price in the past couple years? I wanted to buy one with my shitty $2000 budget about 3 years ago and just couldn't find one but now it seems I can get a running 08 for like $1800.

So I got a focus instead

You can get them under $2k from auction.

I can get them for under 2k on Craigslist now too

Look around, you can get them all day long at 1500-2000. Most of the ones up here at that price are 05's with 150k.

I've been looking at a 2010 MGM w/ 35k miles for ~$14.500, I think it looks like a solid car and the price is pretty good for a my10 car in Sweden. Are they reliable? What is prone to breaking?

>think about the kind of cars I want
>want a wagon with manuel
>always go back to wanting a ls400 though

It's my goal this year to save up and get one

There's that issue with the spark plug, but otherwise, they're rock solid. 2010 is where most of the electrical bugs are completely stamped out (second to last year of production) and I think by then they were console shift instead of column, if that matters. They'll tow a decent load and they're piss simple to work on. No idea what gas prices are like in Sweden, though--I'm pulling in about 18-20 MPG over here. If that's the car in the photo you're getting, though, I'd say it's pretty nice.

panthers in general are already cheap, you can definitely find them for 2k or less, P71s included

Well yes it looks good but the carfax tells me about an accident, so I dont really know what to make out of that.

Not huge but I want a bigger comfier boat
(And a race car)

Well, the accident was seven years ago, and it happened right after the car was purchased. Since they managed to put another 35k miles on it afterwards, I think it's safe to say the car's probably just fine. It being a rental isn't too bad--with as little mileage as the car has, it most likely has been kept up with pretty well.

Mine's been mad at me ever since I replaced the lifters. No codes though

fucking dumb retard piece of garbage nigger

Two landbarges in their natural habitat

Love the older land barges.
>tfw I saw a Ford Grenada at the junkyard and I forgot to take a picture.

Recently did this to the Oldsmobile.
>it runs good now but has rough startups
Why?

Because you forgot to put it back together.

Oh man, putting it back together was the worst part. I spent around 2 hours running new vacuum lines.

Barge is love. Barge is life.

>tfw poor man's caddy

At least it's not of the era of the Oldsmobuick. Love me some older GM barges.

Wish I could tell you what's wrong. Go find an older mechanic, dollars to donuts he'll tell you what it is immediately.

Was nice and 60 degrees out today, brought the Town Car out of winter hibernation and took it for a quick cruise.

Those things have serious road prescence nowadays when they're in good shape. Keep it that way

Yeah its really strange. Maybe the fuel filter's clogged? That wouldn't make sense though because if it was the throttle response wouldn't be there, and that's just fine.
It did throw a code for low fuel flow and the ignition control module (dumbass me forgot to hook it back up)

I plan too. Out of all my panthers, it's my favorite. Took it to Carlisle last year and plan to again.
Normally I don't shill my vids on Veeky Forums but since it's relevant and hot off the press
youtu.be/HhH0ZhdBw5I

I've been missing my old Lincoln LS lately. Been thinking about getting a Lexus LS400 but a 21 year old one in decent condition around here is still going for like $4000.

>The one nu-Lincoln

Is a Chrysler 300 a land barge? I'm thinking of picking up a used 2008 one because I love the luxury exterior styling and the leather interior.

>MGM Premier with steelies adn poverty caps
Positively enraging

Worked on them back in the day and the 307's always needed vacuum line overhauls. The Canister Control Valve was usually ruptured too so it would suck fuel directly from the float bowl.

As for rough running, you're going to have to do some diagnostics. Hit is with some propane or something and see if it wants fuel. If it doesn't, then figure out some way of killing cylinders to do a power balance and find out who's not working and go from there.

If you can deal with the nigmobile stigma sure

At least it has snows on it, nothing wrong with steelies and snows.

Now if it had a pushbar and whacker lights, I'd be concerned.

Shop deleted the canister valve for me.

Runs smooth as fuck, just starts bad. Have to give it light gas for about 10 seconds or it dies.

I'm always amazed at how much of a dog those 307's are. My buddy has a mint 85 LeSabre, and even my bonestock lopo 302's will run circles around him. Granted, the Metric 200r4 isn't doing it any favors.

That's going to be choke operation then. Most of the time with an initial cold-start problem it's the choke pull-off not working which causes the choke plate to be too far closed and the engine runs poorly due to an excessively rich mixture. Plenty of info online about how to check and adjust.

Huh. That makes sense, I guess I fucked it up when I took the intake off

Or you fixed vacuum leaks that were leaning it out enough to run better during that first minute or so. Whichever, it's something to look into.

Just checked, that is definitely the issue. The choke plate closes when the gas pedal is pressed but opens as soon as the engine turns on.

Had the same problem too, these carbs are tricky dicky

Well, it needs to open some, that's what the pull-off is for. 3/16's IIRC but you'll need to check specs yourself. The trick is that it needs to open just enough but not too much or it'll run rough either way.

Yeah, fuck that. Quadrajets scare me. Off to the shop she goes

>poor man's caddy
>not the best GM marque of all

That's Pontiac, my friend.

I disagree but will admit Pontiac was consistently shit on the most by GM compared to the other brands.

Dude wtf youre really about to plunk down 14.500 for that? Are you 75 years old?

Well, it's in Swedenadia and american cars have a certain cachet there. So between that and it being already legalized there the price is going to be outrageous compared to what it would be in the US

ok guys, how is the fuel economy of a ford ltd crown vic? i tried to use the offical numbers, but they cant be right, cause that would mean that you drive them on 17 litres per 100 miles.
anyone driving one in here?

It's for the studded tires, summer tires are on the factory 17" alloys.

I think it's a good deal. You don't get another car this big, with so few miles this cheap in Sweden. Volvos, BMWs, and Audis are double the price.

this

wouldnt it be cheaper to import a car from the us to scandinavia?

Maybe if I could import 10 cars at once but I don't flip cars for a living.

>4.9L V8
>~4,000lbs
The gas mileage is absolutely atrocious, user. Don't buy a crown vic expecting good fuel economy. I have to fill up all the time but I floor it at every opportunity so my experience varies slightly from the everyman's experience. Regardless, bad mpg.

thanks for the reply man.
i am an eurocuck and i thought of importing one of these cars. i have enough money to support the offical gas milage, but it seems to me that the official gas milage is a scam.
have a (you) my friend.

>tfw thinking about buying a barge
>tfw gas prices going back up

I daily an 89 ltd vic with the 302 and while the gas millage isnt fantastic its not horrendus. City is about 14mpg and highway can go upwards of 24mpg. Trick is light acceleration only lay in the throttle when neccesary. On highways keep it between 65-70mph and you will be amazed by how much difference it makes.

Bad mileage is a reality for any panther, but the reliability more than makes up for it. Treat it right and you can get pickup miles off of it.

land barge has always been my favorite body style

fav. car of all time right here
'97 lincoln towncar

my grandpa has one in perfect mint condition, just waiting for him to die.

Do it faget, all the worries in the world go away when you're behind the one-finger-steered wheel of a barge.

>Tfw want a 1975 Lincoln continental but no cash
>Tfw only have a 1994 Cadillac Deville
>tfw not a '93

The face when you're planning to go from a Towncar to an econo-shitbox.

>Captcha had a Towncar limo.

Why?

She's getting rotten, (Thx NY) and I need something I can DD with a bit better mileage for the foreseeable future. But that being said soon enough I will also pickup another vic, guy here in NY trades almost exclusively in ex-police vehicles.

>land barge
>you mean Jew Canoe

Me too brother, me too.

Also have a 97 Town Car. The first thing you should do is take the stupid front plate holder on, of course if you live in a state that you don't need a front plate

>Thx NY
I know that feel, user. Hope you can get another Panther soon and not worry about mileage.

Well for the time being I'm gonna be watching it but, I really do intend to sort out a new one. I have some plans for one.

Are you of dark complexion