/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

PHYSICS edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Gamescom Siege video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pv2qb66PbUg
youtube.com/watch?v=6rq-fEc1N0I

Interviews with Armagan at Gamescom '16:
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZcBAGtXvpk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/WaB1BTBJ

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df
>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New user created stuff:
>Undead Calradia
moddb.com/mods/undead-calradia
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Zendar
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=52377
i.imgur.com/0vpV7vm.jpg
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.msg7837964.html#msg7837964
mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck
mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Controversy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There are no good M&B mods.

first for vlandia

>gifs in 2017
here's the webm so you can save on bandwidth

Brytenwalda
1257 AD

don't blame the modding scene you're not interested in anything

southamerican nigger from past thread
so i did got vc new stuff working, but now the quest in which the boat tutorial appears is broken
oh well

that sounds familiar but I don't remember what I did to get past it

Sarranid fucking shits

hum, ill try some things and see what happens
else i got some eroges so play
and i want to try dickplomacy but you can only frigg if you have a brothel, it seems

XIth for riding and fighting up a cliff-face on horseback

curious enough, the eroge im currently playing has a wolfgirl
aint that amazing?
ps: the mission is stuck for good
bummer

I'm posting Liu Bei until we get a good Three kingdoms mod

commit suicide

Try dynasty warriors

guys how do i cheat upgrade my units? what it says in the pastebin isnt working

no cheaters in this general

remove shit taste

alt+f4 then delete system32

enabled cheats to see if i could kill myself or the sailor or let the ai take control of my char and that fixed it right away
didnt had to put anything

xD!

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

please acok is kicking my ass

If Sun Quan posts as well it'll cancel out everything posted so far.
You don't understand what you're doing!

Ok.
Now what?

Native is still the best.

Is it possible to get troops to not move out of formation when enemies get near?
I want to set up a Yari wall in Gekokujo but every time the enemies get near they move around too much to try fight them.

>playing acock

there's your problem

I'm posting Sun Quan until we get a good romance of the Three kingdoms mod.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Gekokujo
found your problem.
Three Kingdoms>Sengoku Jidai

i just wanna survive till the targaryen homies arrive

why does 1257AD hate defenders so much

defenders get infinite ammo
member when people complained about defense being OP in 1257AD?

>Zhou Yu
truly refined taste user

let's light a candle for Zendar, Four Ways Inn, Dhorak's Keep, and the Salt Mines

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Zendar

nigger can you really not google how to cheat in warband

Will Sword of Damocles for Warband ever be finished? All signs point to no.

native's the worst mod

AI defender troops actually have infinite ammo in Native. 1257AD is only unique in allowing the player the same benefits. Typically this isn't too relevant in abhorrently bad defensive sieges unless you cheese the AI like crazy.

wasn't it abandoned years ago? or isn't it just a port of the OG mountainblade version or something like that?

Pretty sure they abandoned it because Bannerlord was coming out (haha)

This water merely adds to Warband's charm

author's still posting on his subforum
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=52377

ahh, I was working on something similar in my mod
still working out how to smooth all the textures together: i.imgur.com/0vpV7vm.jpg

for what purpose

I give you my blessing. Continue in your work.

caligula was shit

but what a name
what a name...

Wrong.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for not being able to hire sellswords on ACOK 2.2 in the taverns?

When I find then in taverns I can just talk to them, but can't hire them.

VILE BLASPHEMER

There are some seriously terrible and near unplayable mods out there m8

The Caesar or the Movie?

Either way you're right

>ACocK
found ur problemo

are you sure you have enough money/space in your party

nah native's trash honestly, the only redeemable things about it are the consistent art style and the fact it runs well
they aren't charging money though

>is a fix
It's not a bug it's a feature.

Native with Diplomacy and maybe a cattle hack is really all you need. The only reason to play anything else is for autism over some other setting.

You're buying the engine if nothing else m8

Yup.

Only saw two mentions of this bug while googling
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194610.msg7837964.html#msg7837964

in that case your best bet is probably uninstall.exe because I doubt anyone here knows and you're sure as shit not going to get any help from cuckzur

>nah native's trash honestly
Shitter identified.

what
native's literally the easiest mod available

>Native's trash
redeemable things about it are the consistent art style and the fact it runs well
t. Floris shitter

But... but... but...

Guess I'm fucked then.

>easiest
>bad
PooPfag

(yew)

>>(Fixed) Dickplomacy 4.3.0.7b
>mega.nz/#!mQQmBQ5a!tomenTON1qzCZ-kiVG9vlHz7LqoY1Hmwi-kQrq43Hhw
>mega.nz/#!EgI1UCAT!WjL7bVtJPoNcaNJ7kuUEUGFWoBqM2Aq6K-VN51Swmck (options)
What does "vassal start" mean?

>You will never have a pure steppe waifu

Why even live?

Calm down. The mechanics of the mod aren't based on what is important to you specifically.

>What does "vassal start" mean?

>starting the game as a vassal
why would you willingly enslave yourself

because playing as a vassal is infinitely better than playing as a king
if anything it's the other way round

Because this isn't some fucking autistic paradox/civ game and ruler isn't any fun to play at all.

At least when the M&B devs give us a half finished, corny game with weak AI and scripting, it's endearing and they aren't smug about it.

Then you mod it, do a WORSE job than they do even if all you're doing is reskinning what they already did...

If you aren't terrible at administration king play is the best.

If you want to focus on combat only play as a mercenary.

Vassal play is the worst of both worlds.

most mods don't actually have that menu
but king play is a bunch of annoying management shit that just gets in the way of actually playing the game, not to mention shit like controversy and lords getting pissy about not being assigned fiefs
if i play as a vassal i can get whatever fief i want and always become marshal at a certain point, only having to worry about controversy which is pretty insignificant by itself
merc play is good though

Excuse me? Filename.

What's the best mod to play as a horsefucker?

Its telling that you think that screen is useful for anything but vanity.

If you have high controversy you are doing it wrong. Vassals make better Marshals and its not difficult to capture Native level castle/towns solo anyways. A Marshalled force can actually be a liability due to diluting your deployment of elite troops with low tiers.

that doesn't make any of it any less than pointless management
>If you have high controversy you are doing it wrong.
considering controversy accrues from fief raiding, playing on a big mod makes it inevitable to get high controversy
>Vassals make better Marshals
not when you're trying to steamroll a faction they don't

I was about to make some comment about autism but since that's obviously 1257 I can see how that would be useful

>considering controversy accrues from fief raiding, playing on a big mod makes it inevitable to get high controversy
You don't seem to know what you are talking about

>not when you're trying to steamroll a faction they don't
Its actually easier to steamroll a faction with two castle/town forces (yourself + Marshal) rather than forcing everyone to sniff your ass and slowly trod along. If you are fighting a multi-front war it becomes a massive liability as well.

Watching your chosen Marshall's renown slowly grow is a charm as well. I really need to give him more fiefs but am reserving theoretic central European territories for him

if you're at war with one faction then it isn't a problem
i'm at war with three, having just eliminated one
>Its actually easier to steamroll a faction with two castle/town forces (yourself + Marshal)
no because i'd rather not rely on the dumbass AI's way of targeting fiefs, especially in 1257 since they go for towns first
>rather than forcing everyone to sniff your ass and slowly trod along.
rather have the ability to tell the AI to come with me whenever and have them otherwise defend their fiefs
>If you are fighting a multi-front war it becomes a massive liability as well.
more of a liability not to be marshal, especially if the marshal keeps wanting you to come help him and you're busy
spoiler alert, it doesn't matter for 1257 at all

I'm posting this every thread to honour the user's dying wish

ITS MOUNT AND BLADE NOT HURR DURR DARK SOULS GET FUCKED

>i'm at war with three, having just eliminated one
Good for you? That doesn't change that you making your faction unable to address multiple fronts simultaneously

>no because i'd rather not rely on the dumbass AI's way of targeting fiefs, especially in 1257 since they go for towns first
If you are dominant enough that you can pick fiefs to conquer then its not really relevant. If a Marshal conquers a fief you don't want you can use it as a sacrificial pawn to drain enemy resources.
>rather have the ability to tell the AI to come with me whenever and have them otherwise defend their fiefs
That you seem to constantly have issue with controversy and your villages getting raided tells a different story
>spoiler alert, it doesn't matter for 1257 at all
Mass defections become a major issue in 1257AD. A player king can prevent this with management. Someone with even modest management skill may even find this fun

>its not difficult to capture Native level castle/towns solo anyways
Still takes a huge grind to get enough troops for it.

>hurr durr 2deep4me
Shitter detected.
Just stick to Bannerlord scrub.

>That doesn't change that you making your faction unable to address multiple fronts simultaneously
that's not due to having the marshalship, that's due to having a huge mapsize for your faction
>That you seem to constantly have issue with controversy
i only said it as a point, i didn't even say it was an issue
especially since i haven't lost the marshalship
not to mention having high controversy doesn't stop you from telling your vassals to actively follow you
>Mass defections become a major issue in 1257AD.
if you play as a king and actually accept your vassals
i actually did a game where i didn't accept any vassals and took over about three fourths of the world before i got bored, since i was king of my own faction with no vassals and loads of manor armies
not being restricted by all of the micromanagement of king play makes vassal play much better
it really doesn't

>
>>considering controversy accrues from fief raiding, playing on a big mod makes it inevitable to get high controversy
>You don't seem to know what you are talking about.

not him but how do you think one gains controversy?

dickplomacy or 1257, if by horsefucker you meant kherigits. cause they fix the horse archers' AI.

if you want cavalry, then, most mods will do.

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Controversy

Marshals gain controversy as a mechanic to force a nomination of a new Marshal once it has accumulated.

A King will only gain controversy by such losses by electing himself the marshal.

Therefore a King can always choose to become a Marshal for a short stint; conquer a territory they want, then reassign the Marshall to some other vassal for the mundane.

Controversy is not a concern for a King. Associating controversy with Kingship just means that he never elected anyone else as Marshal. Which is particularly odd in that even a terrible king would likely constantly reassign the Marshal for the relations boost.

>Associating controversy with Kingship just means that he never elected anyone else as Marshal.
i'm a vassal right now
did you even read my post? i said when i did play as a king i didn't choose any vassals

i thought you meant that getting your villages raided does not get you controversy as marshall.

anyone?
It's not even gekokujo specific, just how do you get guys to stay in a line without breaking formation

You weren't a King but a glorified bandit at best then

Nah. In fact good fief assignment among vassals will basically invalidate raids to Marshal raids and fully staffed Lords. This may seem like a small thing but anyone that has played significant length will likely have been aggravated by some 5-30 troop Lord who goes on a raiding spree.

So long as the lords are not distracted by the Marshal they will always prioritize defending their fiefs. Note this means not only having your fiefs assigned to Lords but making the fiefs close enough that the Lord doesn't have to travel across the entire world to defend his fiefs.

Not having to deal with this yourself due to getting random hand-me down fiefs or desperately gobbling whatever garrisoned territory your Marshal conquers is yet another benefit of King player -- Or at the very least starting as a vassal that COULD be a king.

>You weren't a King but a glorified bandit at best then
a glorified bandit that owned three fourths of europe and had lords queueing out the door to join
>In fact good fief assignment among vassals will basically invalidate raids to Marshal raids and fully staffed Lords.
maybe in your localized area, wait till you take more land