Give me a reason to buy this

I loved it when i test drove it in 2015 but i ended up buying a bmw instead. deep down i really want this car, but i keep telling myself its not smart because they will discontinue them this year.

so please give me a reason to buy this over a charger or challenger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78201&modelCode1=CHEVSS&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=78201&modelCode1=CHEVSS&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVSS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=CHEV&firstRecord=0&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=CHEVSS&searchRadius=25&makeCodeList=CHEV&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=CHEV&firstRecord=0&endYear=2017&searchRadius=25&listingId=448610488&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CHEVSS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>but i keep telling myself its not smart because they will discontinue them this year
so it wont take as big a depreciation hit as a basic bitch bmw.

is a gud car

take a look at the g8 gxps. They cost around 37k when new. They're still selling for around 30. If this SS does the same it should be a good investment.

do you think it would be worth it to buy a used one with 10k miles for about 38k?

Sure, 10k miles are nothing.

Eh, it doesn't really matter if they discontinue it because parts are still going to be around anyway.

I mean, if you really want a V8 muscle sedan in the future the Charger isn't going anywhere. if you want more of a "sleeper" look though then the SS is a little more understated than the Charger. The SS definitely kind of has that "old man" aura to it though...

>lack of parts
Really? Even with thousands of these driving around AUS and sharing its drivetrain with the Camaro?

Its an excellent car, and a real unique piece. Handles well, goes well and is garaunteed to hold its value

The better question is why the fuck did you buy a bmw compared to an ss

Availability of parts doesnt matter any. Solid car with great reliability. Only problem will be chasing interior/exterior bits 10 years down the line.

Dodge has extremely shitty reliability compared to Chevy.

don't. gm is trash

The chevy also has a manual option

People will think it's just an impala or cruze or whatever, total sleeper.
Get the manual though

I was going to talk shit about the weight. Then I looked it up and 3650lbs. Not bad. Heck, I want one now...

Ugh. Google fooled me. 3997lbs by other sources.
Never fucking mind. Pigfat car can go out of production. Good riddance.

Money depreciating.
>Good investment.

Do you understand why this is flawed?

maybe if your fat ass would lose 350lbs it would make up for the difference

Under 4000 pounds isn't bad for a full-size sedan. The Charger is over 500 pounds more.

Its not a small car. Its a full sized sedan with a big v8. What the fuck do you expect?

>3997lbs by other sources
Is wrong. Its around 3700lb

I know nothing about this car but is it possible that there are add ons that make it heavier which may lead to the difference everyone is reporting?

The australian version ranges from 3,576–3,924 lb depending. I guess so.

I think this car looks beautiful in black.

As do most GM cars with their liberal use of chrome.

There we go. People underestimate all the little trinkets and shit that they tack on. 500 pounds is a high but fair figure regarding such as well.

i really like the sleeper feel to the car. anyone know of any other cars that offer similar power (or just plain fun) but also have the classy semi luxory feel?

>but i keep telling myself its not smart because they will discontinue them this year.
It will always haunt you user

I told myself the same thing when i got a 15 year old version of it here in ausfailia and you know what? I dont regret a thing.

the LS is absolutely god like and has a almost unlimited aftermarket here in Aus and even moreso in the USA

Sell that fucking bimmer and get a 2017 because i can assure you it will be a future classic.

Pic related is the same sort of car i have

Your bimmer will devalue like shit but i think the Chev SS has potential to be great.

>The SS definitely kind of has that "old man" aura to it though...
Aussie here i never understand why seppos say this about the Chev SS

Its got a older understated sort of styling because THATS how it looks, its always looked that way.

They can be made to look tough but its all up to you and how you want your car to look.
Its a uglier Opel Insignia with a buick badge on it, nothing much wrong with it its just not as good as the outgoing commodore and we're not getting a v8 rwd replacement with 4 doors from GM any time soon
Lexus
Cadillac (would kill for one here in aus but our import laws are fucking main numbingly stupid)

So unless we get grey imports we dont really see any yank tanks at all

any particular reason you suggest the 2017? i found some really good deals on a certified pre owned and one from carmax.

I dont have alot of experience buying cars so if there is something im missing, please educate me

its the LAST model year and will probably be the most valuable to collectors

Apart from that no get a older one go for it

t. ausfag

drop a skid when you get it in the mcdonalds carpark for maximum aussiness

RIP GM Zeta you where too good for this world

Why does everyone compare this to the Charger, literally no similarities at all.

mods gm babbies confirmed

as a gm ausfag myself i find it all hilarous i just ignore gm bait threads
because americans are stupid.

i found one with like 7k miles for $35k. judging by the photos, it looks like the previous owner replaced the chevy badge with holden badges.

downside is its silver. shame. the black just looks so beautiful on this car

>Why does everyone compare this to the Charger, literally no similarities at all.
The RWD V8 sedan segment is pretty small in the US if you exclude German cars.

Early SS's are dipping under $30k. Even new ones on lots don't sell for MSRP most of the time. The interior is a significant upgrade over the G8.

does ford offer an american equivalent of the ford falcon?

I weigh 170lb. Wow you are so cool now.

aussie here post link and we'll tell you whats up

its like mid day/arvo here in ausland we're all awake and shit

GET IT OP

youtu.be/YbLweooe3aM

Op you'll sell it in three years anyway, if you get the SS you'll get >90% of your money back, the Chrysler will take a 40% depreciation hit over the same period.

TAURUS
A
U
R
U
S

I reckon he should get a used one.

they are very reliable cars.

Get the manual

So there is hope? I'd like to see a manual one on a real scale.

>fwd
>shitty modern car design

SS is a full size RWD V8 sedan, Charger is a full size RWD V8 Sedan. Besides that there's like the Chrysler 300... and that's kinda it.

Do you need 4 doors?

If not, buy a Challenger.

At the very least, test drive an SRT or Scat Pack.

has a lot of nice luxury features and is plenty practical

get it with magnetic ride suspension and a stick shift and it'll treat you very well

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=78201&modelCode1=CHEVSS&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=78201&modelCode1=CHEVSS&mmt=%5BCHEV%5BCHEVSS%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=CHEV&firstRecord=0&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=CHEVSS&searchRadius=25&makeCodeList=CHEV&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=CHEV&firstRecord=0&endYear=2017&searchRadius=25&listingId=448610488&makeCode1=CHEV&modelCode1=CHEVSS

its def a chevy model, someone just rebadged it with the proper badges

i would get the manual but admittedly i am a poor driver when it comes to driving stick. plus city life makes it a bitch.

i test drove one already. i like it but something about the looks just dont do it for me. i prefer the charger scat pack. i couldnt get over the limited visibility in the challenger either

>shitty
>ugly

Seriously? You aren't even exaggerating at least a little bit? I think it's beautiful.

To each his own then.

Challenger has pretty good visibility compared to Mustang/Camaro.

>putting chevy badges on a Holden
What are you a wog or something mate?

agreed. i tried to like the camaro but it was even worse. im interested in the mustangs but ive never been a ford guy.

Thats a good year it has the more sporty harder active dampers
the new commodore/insignia is better looking
So am i but i am SICK of autos

nothing but constant issues

Not really. Closest is the SHO, which is a turbo V6 Taurus with AWD.

the closest is ACTUALLY the Mustang since it was based on a similar platform and mainly aussie designed although ford would never admit that