/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Sweet Child of Kos, returned to the ocean: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

FCs and FRCs

Plus it's fun if you like fighting the boss you're farming.

Reminder

what do the prefixes lost and uncanny mean?

Different gem slots

Different gem slots.

>And don't forget Rom for that nourishing radial, what a tedious piece of shit
Eh, fuck Rom. She drops 19.5%s. Gargoyles drop 19.3%s. Why even bother?

Sure. I've never spelunked with anyone before, so I'm game.

15 flat Phys VS 8.

It's worth it.

Says you. I wouldn't do that.

What's 15 unmodified damage against anything? About the same as 8 Id wager: 1.

Pool's open.

Lower Loran FRC
glyph: bb7d9hzd
pass: 216

Hope it's a good one.

>bb7d9hzd
Fuck it's actually bb7d9hzb

Anyone have the speedrun image? Just made a nee character and wanna rush to the DLC but forgot everything. All I remember is to get Saw Spear.

you ringing?

Yessir

srrc takes forever goddamn.

When do I find the fun weapons? I just beat the Bloodstarved beast, I'm playing a STR build and the only weapon I like so far is the Hunter's Axe. Kirkhammer is ok but I see no reason to use it over the axe

the dlc

What level should you start the dlc at? I'm 51 currently but having trouble with the the one reborn and don't have anything else to do

Beast (3) in Layer 1 pre-Lamp bonus room.

You gonna SRRC for the whole thing or run it in tandem?

Kirkhammer is great for the satisfying smashing and the feel of the attacks connecting on your transform attacks. It has real impact to it. If you want other good STR weapons, the Ludwig's Holy Blade and Whirligig are both good. You can get the LHB after the door to the Healing Church Workshop opens up. Pizza Cutter is DLC but worth. The Beast Cutter is also good fun, but again, DLC. If you don't mind pumping BLT, the Bloodletter is one of the most satisfying weapons in the game.

Should I summon you? Im ringing.

Tandem. Already ringing.

However you wanna do it. If you just wanna pull the lever a solo Keeper I'll meet you on Layer 2, or if you wanna summon me and explore each Layer in your game too I'm down for that.

60-65+
You can give it a try, but expect to struggle a bit, particularly if you're currently being walled by One Reborn. Hopefully you've got a +9 weapon.

I went in at around 70. Got my ass handed to me at first before I decided to git gud.

And you can get beasthunter saif, Amygdalan arm, beastcutter, boom hammer, and pizza cutter without beating Ludwig.

Dang it,

Why is Beast Cutter so shit, /bbg/?
How do I make it not shit (inb4 abyssals)?
It looked so fun, but it's so weak and slow.

do you get any kind of reward for destroying the shadowy nightmare over Kos' dead body after you kill the Orphan? I kind of want to not slay the nightmare, because I like the sky better when there is that neat sun in the background

You don't get any kind of reward if you don't.

it's serrated and every single attack it does is blunt damage, meaning you can get +32% gems for it

In tricked mode it is slow as hell but it is great because of the range. The tricked R2 attack has extreme range and will flatten just about anyone, especially on the second R2 in a row.

I expected tricked mode to have much higher stagger property, but it turns out it has about the same stagger as, say, Kirk sword mode R1.
And only the second R2 has flattening property, so you need to be able to land two R2 attacks in a row before the enemy reaches you/dodges. And the first R2 stagger is also pretty shit.
And every attack in any mode costs a fuckton of stamina too.

>beast cutter
>shit
Get a Heavy Abyssal and two 32% blunts. Proceed to annihilate everything.

since when was /bbg/ raided by fucking useless redditards
where's the speedrun image faggots

read the OP newfag

Not the chalice one you stupid newfaggot.
go back to ledit and kill yourself

goddamn teleporting beast.

Should I pay for PS+? Will you do dungeon crawling with me, /bbg/?

Christ user who pissed in your cereal

>Beast Cutter
>Shit
Sensible_Chuckle.gif

>pvp

>pvp
>lag
>waifu hunter
>playing against another shitter
>thinks theyre good

>172 damage on a staggered enemy
How is that not shit?

About the Rakuyo... do you rike it?

Is 40 SKL/40 BLT even remotely viable in that pvp of yours? Built a twink to mess with Chikagay/Rakuyo after whirligig-sawing hoonter.

yesh

I don't "think I'm good", but I do think the Beast Cutter is good.
>dat fast untricked R1 chain
>dat hitstun
>dat tricked R2 knockdown
>dat xform attack
>dat AR
That's all the HP he had left.

suggestions for
str/arc
dex/arc
str/blud
dex/blud

>98
i dont play on reddit meme metas sorry

>bb7d9hzb

Beast (3) on Layer 1
Lost Tonitrus on Layer 2
Camerabeast on Layer 3

Got a couple nice gems out of it. Nice hunting with you, user

You too user.

Wheel bros, I'm having a crisis of faith here.

At 36/22, shooting for 50/25 then eventually 50/50 after I do chalices my wheel fucking sucks. I got the mensis arcane gem, I took it to plus 9, and it doesn't do that good. My HMLS does comparable damage at +7 with all phys gems and my tonitrus with a couple +12% gems and the 16% arc gem outdoes the damage of the +9 wheel at +6, and it has only a slightly worse moveset.

Even going pure phys makes it seem a bit... underwhelming. Any tips? I was gonna go for nourishing gems and farm like hell eventually, does it fix the lackluster damage?

So what is the acceptable level range for the fight club?

98-117

I'm not a Wheel guy but the Wheel when tricked gets a 30% reduction to its physical damage and big bonuses to its Arc damage. If you're using it tricked 36/22 is pretty terrible for it, whereas HMLS is mostly Phys in both forms with no bonuses or penalties, so at 36/22 it's right at home.

If you intend to use the Wheel tricked I suggest you stop leveling Str cold turkey and punt Arc to 50.

Peaple say 80-120 but showing up at 80 is suicide and showing up at 120 will get you ridiculed.

The meta here is 98. People show up from 95-110ish.

If you're gonna go too far past 98, don't come fully gemmed. 117 is where people start telling you to fuck off.

>reddit meme metas
can you fucking stop, your shit failed for all dark souls and it failed here, fuck off
>hurr lets try to force a meta at weird numbers so we can say you HAVE to make sacrifices even though theres literally 6 stats and you're not gonna use them all

>will get you ridiculed

>want to go for a Bloodtinge build
>the only good weapons are Chikage and Bloodletter
>Both are late in the game
God damnit from

But you can get to Cainhurst and the DLC relatively early in the game. Cainhurst is empty as fuck too, you can just literally run through it in a few minutes.

If you don't want the umbilical cord from iosefka, which is as easy as just saving arianna, you can get to cainhurst right after the Amelia.

Bloodletter is pretty late but with some skill you can get past Ludwig and the failures with patience and Maria is a joke with strength weapons, which you'll be using a bit of if you're going the letter route.

That bastard brador is parry bait anyways.

>not spending 10 minutes whipping simon through the door for his bowblade

you don't even need to lose iosefka's cord, the cainhurst summons aren't in a place that'll trigger her aggro and you can just go back to talking to her through the door afterwards

What's a fun weapon that's not the Saw Cleaver? It's my first time through BB (played every Souls game though).

The Saw Cleaver seems...a little too good to me, it feels cheesy/almost like easy mode. Other than that I've been using Ludwig's Holy Blade (think that's what it's called), but that's also getting a bit boring.

Build so far (just got to One Reborn) is
VIT 25
END 20
STR 22
SKL 25
BT 10
ARC 6

build is OK, right? I haven't fucked up horribly?

the real tragedy of blt builds is that there's nothing that deals phys/blt damage at the same time like there is for phys/arc

and that if you wanna have an even split the only weapons that are good for it are the bowblade, reiter, and spear, of which only the bowblade is really good since bloodletter and chikage don't get any benefit from skill/str when tricked

Anything is more fun than the Saw Cleaver.
LHB has good scaling in everything but bloodtinge.

I want to brush the hair of doll!

Gascan>Old Yharnam>Hemwick>Amelia>Cainhurst>Kill Loggo with a +6 Saw

Yeah, LHB seems fine, i'm more looking for some new weapon that still fits my build. Suggestions?

have you ever effectively used the messengers' gift? it seems fun but probably too cheesy to ever work

>The domain bloodborne-wiki.com is no longer parked by GoDaddy.

Beast Cutter is average, there are better all-rounded weapons

>not using the fextralife wiki

I want to engage in completely non-sexual snuggling with the doll!

>using fextralife over literally any other available wiki
Kys yourself.

I like wikidot the best, it loads quickly by not running so much goddamn CSS on my toaster.

In case anyone wanna outmeme memelash, pass is bbg in front of his door.
Warning: ng+10, so any hit is a one-shot unless youre bl300 or higher.
Also its not very fun, but maybe Ill find some poor masochistic bastard willing to share my struggles

whats the deal buddy

fextra regularly has wrong info, is badly moderated, and the site owner uses it to push his shitty guides and let's plays.

Is pile bunker good at 50/50 str/skl? How does it compare to LHB? Any other lategame weapons?

>meme meme meme hahaha xD isnt it fun to spew the word meme over and over like some fucking asberger reddit degenerate?
kill yourself

grow up.

you first kid

>Replying

Did someone shit in your fuckin cereal today

Why does everyone think that it's you who turns into a slug in the Childhood's Beginning?

Just because the Dolls mentions you when she holds the slug, doesn't necessarily mean it IS you.

What if it's just your progeny?

>Childhood's Beginning
>You became an infant Great One, lifting humanity into its next childhood.

Will I get good damage out of the HMS with base STR/SKL if I have 70 ARC and appropriate gems?

She specifically calls the squid kid good hunter, Bloodborne is a Splatoon prequel

When's an appropriate time to do Cainhurst/Upper Ward/Nightmare Frontier?

Logarius, Reiterpallasch and Chikage are fun

what is 25/50 str/arc good for apart from memewheel?

Reiterpallasch just seemed like generic souls rapier to me when I tried it.

Holy Moonlight Blade

>chikage
>fun
pick one
i enjoy it though, unzipping is fun even though its extremely predictable in pvp

isnt that better at 50/25 though?

dude
it has a gun in it

bro
I have a gun in my left hand

bruh
I have something else in my left hand right now ;)

its a shield