I'm now officially the proud owner of a dented 2008 Honda Civic with manual transmission...

I'm now officially the proud owner of a dented 2008 Honda Civic with manual transmission. What are some essential mods to make this care tolerable?

So far I intend to do the following:
>buy little parking mirrors
>get rid of fart-saturated cloth upholstery from driver seat only and replace with leather
>tint windows so that people can't see my ugly face and subhuman twink body; if other drivers see how subhuman I am through the window they will become emboldened to drive aggressively around me

>not even mentioning sickk fart can

kys twink-bodied degenerate

but did you get it for 3k

>cold air intake
>cat delete
>fart cannon
>17 inch low pros
>remove rear bumper
>ebay turbo
>2 15 inch subs
you are now rice ready

>DUMPING MONEY INTO A TOOL

>MONEY HE WILL NEVER GET BACK OUT

>HE BOUGHT THE CAR AND HATES IT

>HE BOUGHT A DENTED CAR

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT FUCK OVER US HIGH EARNERS WHO ACTUALLY MAKE ENOUGH TO OWN A CAR

I also have an '08 Civic Ex with a 5 speed manual transmission.

How much did you get yours for and how many miles are on it?

I got mine for $3k with 165k miles.

>pic i took when I saw it in person for the first time.

Im also thinking about tints as well but meh, im not crazy about it. That could be money that can be going towards my Miata.

I got it for 7k from a stealership. I know I could've gotten a better deal but it's a first car for me so I wanted to play it safe. This one is listed as "accident free" in the carproof, though dents at the column and fender suggest that it must have been bumped or scratched in a garage or something. The car seemed to run fine though and the other car I was interested in wouldn't even start (though it was automatic, which I would have preferred because it's easier to drive and I have much more experience with it while I am still awful at stick).

>subhuman twink body
>implying I wouldn't want to see this

>$7k

yikes, how many miles doe. Hopefully under 100k

what trim level?

ya got fucked kid. god damn.

The one I got had less than 90000 km on it.

It's not like I want to rice out my car. The stuff I am getting is pretty practical. The leather upholstery is only for me because I just like the feel more, the parking mirrors make parking a whole lot easier, as well as backing up towards a curb or something, and the tinted windows would actually be useful to mitigate glare. For my price range (under 10k) you're never going to find the "perfect car". I give no fucks about a little dent as long as there's no structural damage.

What

That's not me (OP). The car had under 90k km. Around 88k or something like that.

I had an 07 EX sedan w/ a 5 speed and factory alloys. No complaints at all. The guy had 4 Hondas in his driveway and an S2k in his garage. All stock, no rice. I kind of regret selling it. Enjoy

Trim level is DX so it's the base model.

Heres what you do user Find the part thats dented, replace it with a good piece, paint it a non faggy colour, no gay ass spoiler or exhaust, sell it and buy a better car for non queers.

Owner of an 06 EX with manuel

Bought for $6000 with 94K miles

no mawds cuz i don't want to be seen as a ricer

I swear the 8th gens have the most retarded clutch pedal ever. As well as a stupid looking shift knob. I feel sorry for you guys

Nice OP.

>That could be money that can be going towards my Miata.

I honestly enjoyed the base Civic more than the Miata. The only thing the Miata was good for was retarded skids all over the place and superb turn radius.

Honda manual transmissions are considered the best in the class, and I can see why. I have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Couldn't really think of anything to do to mine that would be worth the time.

What's wrong with the clutch pedals, in your opinion?

Hondata Flashpro. Even the base map is an improvement from stock. Lowers the vtec engagement rpm and even gets rid of the rev hang.

I don't know if it was just how the cars were set up but when I worked at Honda I drove ALOT of manual 8th gens.
The clutch pedal is positioned too high and the engagement point is too high.
My point still stands on how stupid the shift knob looks. It feels terrible in your hand.

Welcome to the hondurr lyfe. I got this for $6700 with 99k miles.

But....

IT'S AN AUTOMATIC BASE MODEL KEK

I genuinely have no idea what you are talking about. I had / have driven a ton of manual cars and there is nothing wrong with the Civic clutch / shift knob. Sure, it looks a bit corny, but far less so than a lot of other cars.

>he paid 6700 for an automatic 11 year or older car
Are you fucking high? What were you thinking?

>IT'S AN AUTOMATIC BASE MODEL KEK

It hurts. Plus RSX is so uggo compared to the Integra. Integra for king.

I don't know maybe it's just me but all of them felt like that. I'd slip the clutch trying to drive them normally.
I drive a 9th gen and it feels miles better.

I dunno man, guess we will just have to disagree. Si by any chance? If so, how does it feel compared to the 8th gen Sis (I know you hate the clutch).

lol

this

The 8th gen si felt really good.
Had no problems smashing in those. Honestly I think the 8th gen si's sound fucking amazing probably best I-vtec motor sound ever.

I was pretty surprised when (wait for it) VTEC KICKED IN YO. I genuinely expected it to be a meme after years of people bashing it (and never tried a VTEC engine before).

On a side note, the Miata IS a meme unless modded heavily.

$7k for a DX with 140k?

Holy.

Ya blew it.

Not surprised. Dealerships man. Guaranteed 2k markup over individual-individual transactions. Sitting on CL all day waiting for a car to popup is also a pain though.

This gen of Civic is boring.

Absolutely no idea why people think this is "sportier" than a Corolla or a Focus.

lmao in all seriousness I am very happy with it. It's practical af and handles nicely. call me crazy, but when I'm getting groceries I rather be in an automatic. The good thing about the auto is it's actually half decent, and the sportshift mode is pretty fun. I just know Veeky Forums will call me a faggot regardless.

>Absolutely no idea why people think this is "sportier" than a Corolla or a Focus.

Because the Corolla S has no power and the Focus is a joke. Everything about it feels like shit. I was utterly disappointed given that Ford was supposed to be a good company.

Do your thing man.

It's because Honda's typically have very good shifters so it ends up being kind of fun to row gears.

Corolla S has 130-something hp. It's not comparable.

Handling on both Corolla and Focus is utter trash compared to base Civic, let alone SI.

>ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT FUCK OVER US HIGH EARNERS WHO ACTUALLY MAKE ENOUGH TO OWN A CAR

but what did he mean by this?

I recommend a body kit for style. You should also get a wing. I recommend a wing 2-4 feet tall. Next for even more cred You should probably give it stance. To do this you can buy adjustable suspension for pretty cheap. You know you've done it right when you get wheelbite in sharp turns. You could also get some Liberty Walk And Hoonigan stickers on your windows so everyone knows that you are fast. Hope This Helps :)

I smoked his 3-series in my Si last night. He is ranting about taxes and social security again.

>high earner
>at the end of his career managing a mail server and growing a beer belly
>60k a year