So I just drive a 2010 ford fusion at the moment

So I just drive a 2010 ford fusion at the moment
But I been talking to some buddies about the car I've wanted since I was a kid, a pontiac trans am WS6. They both drive subies and were both like fuck yeah get it and come hang with them and do car stuff. So with that in mind sometime in the future I plan on getting a 2002 WS6 and working on that. I would like to make sure it works properly first so what would I focus on first, engine, springs, brakes, cams and supension? Then move on to looking good with LED lights body kits and what not?

Speaking of body kits, I don't seen anything really worth looking at in terms of body kits for the trans am, but I like mixing shit, so would it be possible to take a rocket bunny, liberty walk or RWB kit and kimchi rig it to fit on a trams am or do something JDM to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/
youtu.be/J9C-50Mo6zs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Speaking of body kits
let's not

>Wanting a body kit on a WS6
No
Car is fine

If we're talking about this I can agree with that

Don't fuck with the body. Put some fat tires on it and call it a day

What about a front end splitter?

2010's version of ricer spoilers

Don't fuck it up, faggot. These are collector cars now and are valid for collector plates.

Are they really? I thought people saw them as redneck cars and looked at them as kinda trashy

Where I live people are trying to sell them for more than a corvette, 15k+.

Insurance for a full year is like $18 with collector plates. I wanted one too but this tripled their value.

dude a rocket bunny kit is like 14k

They're the last generation of Trans Ams, of course they're collectibles

I was honestly unaware, kinda interesting to say the least. Shame though cause it makes it harder for me to get one

>2010 ford fusion
gross

Get a WS6

GM and ford wankers hate it

ausfag here i love it

Just buy a C5 corvette instead. It absolutely shits all over subies.

But I don't want a Corvette, I want the Trans Am

Well okay, but they are more expensive than Corvettes and worse in every single way.

ausfag here again why is this?

Nah, they aren't that hard to get yet. 10 grand will get you a nice one

corvette is a lot smaller and only has 2 seats

officially the trans am had about 45 hp less, although some people will debate the accuracy of that rating

You will have to work a lot on it, and if you make an AMERICAN muscle car look JDM I will find out where you live and murder you.

Just kidding but seriously don't do it, it's stupid as fuck and you'll look like a tool if you put a JDM body kit on an American muscle car

He's wrong. They're a couple grand more and perform a tiny bit worse but that's it. If you want one over the Vette then get one

arnt they popular for irs swaps and el cheapo vette alternatives?
not many of them are stock anyway

i'm pretty sure a c5 will shit all over a trans am, it's lighter, better suspension, better weight distribution...

trans am is still fast 0-60 but the corvette will kill it in any kind of turn

i'm not aware of anyone IRS swapping them, their suspension is actually really good for drag racing. they are getting relatively rare now though so they're not that cheap unless you're looking at an older LT1 4th gen or 3rd gen

wew til

thanks seppo

why are they so rare now anyway?

idk, redguard crashing them, the rest are probably in the south somewhere

Because people that have driven fwd shitboxes all their life finally buy their dream tans am then wrap it around a tree.

Heidts JUST came out with an IRS kit for them. It's not on their website yet, but is available. You have to email them for it. Pricing is the same as their kit for the third gen, which is almost identical.

same here with our home grown commodores

only thing thats left are base spec SS (Pontiac G8/Chevrolet SS for you seppos) and they are all high milage and thrashed to bits

anything remotely rare or upmarket (HSV, limited build numbers etc) is insanely expensive
yikes.

cant handle the torque lol

heidts.com/part/irc-301-1982-1992-camaro-f-body-irs/

forgot the fucking link

$7k for something the commodore, vette and 5th gen got stock
uhhhh

Boomers detected

In the 90's the amount of American cars with IRS was actually a small list, most of them FWD.
Corvette (RWD)
Thunderbird/Cougar/Mark VIII (RWD)
Malibu/Grand Am/Alero/Cutlass (FWD)
Lumina/Regal/Grand Prix/Intrigue/Century/Monte Carlo (FWD)
Neon/Stratus/Cirrus/Breeze (FWD)
DSMs (FWD/AWD)
99+Mustang Cobras (RWD. All other Mustangs were solid axles)

The LS is about cheap power. Fuck brakes and suspension. Cam, headers intake manifold, heads, and working on the exhaust is about it. Don't fuck with the body either. Just keep it clean and straight

yikes we had irs in aus on most cars since the mid-late 90s

>Fuck brakes and suspension.
as someone with a LS car this is the worst advice i have seen on this board

If its a FAST car you want it to be able to stop and turn

when i first got mine it couldnt do either and was incredibly dangerous and unsettled

Fuck off you highway pulling drag faggot go drift into a tree

Oh. There was also the Ford Taurus/Mercury Sable
Forgot about those. The Ford Taurus SHO was a FWD sedan, and one of the fastest cars you could buy in America in the 90s. They could legitimately keep up with Corvettes.
The engine was a high revving screamer of a 3.0L or 3.2L V6 built in Japan by Yamaha. Those V6 family sedans quickly became famous for blowing away V8 Mustangs at the drag strip.

The guy asked for a fast car, not one that's gonna coddle him. Bet you leave trac control on when you try and peel out and when you don't it's a one tyre fire

I leave TC on so it doesnt fry another set of tyres with my factory LSD you giant faggot

Being able to stop in a LS car is the most important thing
yeah that SHO was nuts and the 3800 turbos

Tbh it doesn't take much to be as fast as a Vette or trans am anymore, any newer V6 sedan with 300hp will almost touch the same 0-60 in 5s when all are stock.

>corvette
>over 5s 0-60
nah m8

>not wanting to fry tyers
Faggot detected. Even my grandfather rips rubber in his Lincoln Town car.

C5 does 0-60 in 4.7sec with the 6spd and worse with the auto. Meanwhile an IS350 will do 0-60 in 5.2sec

>tyers
Get out

Kek checkem. That's how you spelt that shit

i had sports tyres on when i keep the TCS on when i turn it off i fry stockies faggot cant you do the same or you cant even change tyres?

Ws6 vs Sonoma
youtu.be/J9C-50Mo6zs

>cant see shit
sounds mint tho

So for when I do get a trans am, what should I focus on working with first, the engine, the suspension and brakes?

depends on what you want. Generally though,
First: Wheels and tires
Second: Brakes
Third: Suspension
Fourth Engine

First Tyres
Second Brakes
Third Suspension
Forth Engine/Trans

This car is pretty dope

Used Trans Ams were cheap and readily available when Gen-X was in high school, and very popular cars for '80s teens (especially "headbangers", drop-outs, etc).

That generation is now nostalgic for the cars of their youth, and while they might have had a Corvette poster, they actually owned a Trans Am. Also, since most Trans Ams passed through the hands of teenagers, most were trashed or crashed, making good examples about as rare as a Corvette.

>depends on what you want. Generally though,
>First: Wheels and tires
>Second: Brakes
>Third: Suspension
>Fourth Engine

I bet all you've ever owned is bond civics. Wheels and tires first, engine last? Rice.

Yeah as much as I loved the intake/headers/stalled/tune ls1 Camaro I had I'm glad I did my suspension first. The stock suspension at this point isn't the best. You can do damn near complete suspension for pretty cheap in the 4th gens.

You're thinking of Third/Fourth Gen Camaros.

that's a nice catfish you got there.