Things we hate about car culture

Basically a friend of mine recently got his car wrapped. I think its cool but heres the funny part...the car has a massive dent in the back. Instead of fixing the dent...he bought something to make it car look nice....wut the fuk?!

>People who make damaged cars look "nice" instead of repairing them.

>People who cant drive a car without modifying it.

Please stop painting your stock rims black. We get it, your a 'car guy', please stop trying soooo god damn hard to show it. You aren't fooling anybody man.

Dang it, wrong pic.

Benchracers

At least you folk are funny. On other places it's infuriating.

Benchrace shit posting isn't funny in the slightest.

>Benchrace shit posting isn't funny in the slightest.
Assmad GM fangirl BTFO

I have a bsc in applied benchrac....Mechanical engineering

>stop doing something I don`t like

you ruined the thread by feeding the troll like A FUCKING NEWFAG

fuckin this, so hard.
>im a car guy
>but i dont know how to actually do any car stuff
>so ill just go to autozone and buy whatever sick mawds are $20 or less

I can't tell if you're being ironic or not. There's no wit, no sarcasm, no pun, no irony, no punchline, no anything. It's just a meaningless phrase with a few variations repeated to infinity

This.
All I intend to do when I buy my car is change the shifter knob

MCM did a VW golf that had rusted parts for aesthetics, rust ain't fucking cool you fucking morons.

God forbid someone customize their car

Veeky Forumspinions

They're like assholes, everybody's got one.

Have you ever seen black plastidipped OEM wheels that looked good?

Mine looked pretty good, but I put a gloss coat over them. I've since reverted them back to stock.

Yeah, gloss helps a lot. That user was more talking about base model Jettas with the hubcaps sprayed flat black I think.

Are those tinted tail light?
>kill yourself

lmao this post is exactly what the guy here was talking about
>autozone mawds

seeing as how the wheels are painted black i would automaticly assume a kid owned that and never buy it

This pic is from like 2011. The lights have been changed back to stock too. There's nothing wrong with a bit of cosmetic experimentation.

When someone rear ends him with a huge SUV at night he'll learn.

The great thing about plastdip is that it peels right off. This is what they look like today.

I think you may be exaggerating a little on the effect of the tint on the brake lights user.

>I my opinion I think that your mods made the car objectively shittier
>ARE YOU HATING ON MY INTEGRA YOU FUCKING HATER

I hate that most car people think that the more car based you make a society, the better it is. In reality lots of people fucking hate driving and the obligations that come with owning a car (or two or three) and would rather do without it, and live in a society where cars aren't a prosthetic device for basic life functions but rather an optional tool for freedom.

Furthermore it's irrefutable now that spreading out cities with giant expressways and boulevards doesn't speed up transit, it only forces people to drive more frequently and further, overall increasing traffic instead of decreasing it, as well as disconnecting communities. Also the costs for maintaining the enormous road networks keep going up.

Nobody's forcing car enthusiasts to drive less or stop driving altogether just because people are given the option to walk to the grocery store or take the trolley to work, and you can easily be a car guy without being a 'horrid car obsessed urban planning' guy. On the contrary it might actually make life for car guys better because they wouldn't have to share the road with people who don't care about driving anymore.

dude i can see all the spotty overspray on the inner lip of the wheel

if i can spot that from a picture im gonna see everything you left on the inside of the wheel and not buy the car

also you are clearly a kid taking pictures of your first car in front of your parents house, so i am indeed correct on you being a child

CAR IS TOTALLY STOCK AND UNMOLESTED EXCEPT FOR:

>lists all the aftermarket shit
CAR IS TOTALLY PERFECT EXCEPT FOR:
>lists all the things wrong with the car

CAR RUNS AND DRIVES PERFECTLY ALL IT NEEDS IS:
>lists the things the car needs

DUDE IM NOT A RICER
>likes cars based off looks alone

I know I'm feeding a troll, but what overspray could you possibly be referring to? I never used paint on my wheels. There is some slight curb rash maybe that's what your seeing. This is my fifth car and I'm 28. The first picture is at my house the second picture is at my parents' house.

Stancing a performance car triggers me.

Why pay for a performance model to drive it slow?

>european problems

Sigh the guy who owned my vz thunder utr before me did this
The cv8r rims are worth a small fortune
Dont know how to strip it without stripping the original paint

What they should look like
I want to strip the new paint, but im worried it will strip the stock paint that covers the sides and back

Actually we already have our transit sorted out in Europe. You can be a car guy or you can live without a car, your choice. North America is the problem zone.

Europe not a problem zone. MOTHERFUCKER SAY WHAT.
>CUZ
>IM
>PROUD
>TO BE
>A MURICANNNN
>CUZ ALL LEEAS
>I KNOW
>MUHH FREEE

I agree

What a fucking cunt. I don't think there is a way honestly mate, what a fucking shame.

Get a powder coating guy to do them up like new after you do whatever you have to to get the black off.

Chances are pretty good the old owner just used regular rattle can spray paint, not two stage stuff the real paint shops use. Gas should strip the rattle can stuff off just fine without touching the original paint, assuming the original paint is something a normal automotive shop would use and is chemical resistant.

If the rims came from the factory with garbage paint, the gas might strip that too, but that's nothing some masking tape and a couple spray cans of gloss black can't fix.

I would advise strongly against using actual paint stripper, as that'll take all of it off in one shot. With regular gas you at least have a shot at preserving the original paint.

Alternatively, get a fine sanding disk and just buff the unwanted paint off. Go back over it a few times with some really fine grit stuff, buff it with some decent compound, and they'll at least look better than they do now.

>Nobody's forcing car enthusiasts to drive less or stop driving altogether
Go visit and meet all the fucking foamers who want to remove the roads, take all city-dwellers' cars away, and stuff everyone into high-rise apartments...

Public transit is nice to have (and I enjoy commuting on my bicycle instead of relying on my shitty car), but addressing the limitations of mass-transit nearly always means portraying motorists as selfish villains of some kind.

Though, the way things are going, the threat of non-autonomous vehicles being banned from the roads is starting to loom much larger than public transit wankery. Though, at least then, maybe we'll get to see just how well car-centric urban planning works when you take the shit drivers out of the equation.

When you say gas do you mean fuel/petrol? Gas can mean a few things

I hate the car guys that can't go two minutes without talking about cars.

I love cars, but I hate that every joke and meme with car guys are always car related.

My best friend uses "I have two cars" as a pickup line to a woman. Made me cringe so hard.

People that take autocross and track days seriously. For example, I went to an autocross last month back in my home region to catch up with old friends and to see how much it's grown over the past few years that I have been out of state. I had bought a new daily and decided you know what I'm not competing for points or times here lets go out and do some hektik skids with my little brother that had never been to an event like this. All is well until some sperglord with a window full of anime stickers comes up and starts giving back handed complements about me and my car.
>Wow this car is cool user you're running just under my times
Ok.
>You should really reduce your sliding in the corners it may work in a video game but this is real life
Ok.
>You know if you ditch that kid riding with you you'll reduce your center of gravi-
BOI IF YOU DON"T GET YOUR Veeky Forums SHIT POSTING NEED A HAIRCUT HAVING ANIME PUSSY ASS GETTING FoST OWNING MEME MACHINE DAGUMI DRIVING ASS BACK TO PICKING UP MY CONES

Yeah he means fuel. I don't know if abbo-proof fuel has the same qualities as regular fuel but it's worth a shot. Could also try acetone.

I hate how judgemental most car guys are, particularly JDM kids.

Black is sexy tho. Bitches love my black rims.

>All it needs is this one part that's $20 and takes 30 minutes to install

THEN DO IT YOURSELF YOU STUPID FUCK

>things we hate about car culture
The egos and elitist attitude some people feel because they're more comfortable turning a wrench than the next kid who's lost in what he wants to do, so instead of helping the kids people instead go "well he's not driving (my brand) so why would I help him?"
It's a never ending cycle that just makes the amount of people I can sit down and talk to about cars without arguing about brands less and less, and keeps a lot of people from ever getting past the entry level interest in cars.

Bought a cheap beater ranger, body's clean steel rims have rust. Going to paint them gloss black or silver. Don't feel like buying a set of used rims and having tires swapped over. Also don't like looking at rusty ass rims on a otherwise clean truck