Old, comfy tools

A friend sent me a video of a competition between a scythe and a push mower, now I'm stuck on watching videos of people cutting grass and wheat. I don't know why, but I really like the simplicity and efficiency of older tools like this.

Are there any historical tools you like that aren't used much, but still do their job perfectly well?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1I4RNenmfFI
youtu.be/gsfIHiBB6xE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Share vids

My grandpa still used skythe when I was a kid

Can you share the video?

youtu.be/1I4RNenmfFI

youtu.be/gsfIHiBB6xE My favorite
There's others in there of people just cutting with them too

The guy looks like a nutjob with the scythe - looks like incredibly hard work

>Was made to easily and painlessly kill those who have been condemned to die
>Get vilified during the French Revolution and we now see the guillotine as something terrible and horrible
Its crazy that we use drugs that can backfire horribly when this works just as good if not better.

>Are there any historical tools you like that aren't used much, but still do their job perfectly wel

Wha? People still use scythes, there are essentially no tools which are not being used, or at least have not been retrofitted into a 'better' tool of the same variant.

That video got my blood boiling for this exact reason. Yeah sure in a small 2x5 plot using a scythe is the better option.

Let's see him do a field this size in the same time a Brush cutter can.

Old style blacksmithing is the comfiest profession.

Movie is Sansho the Bailiff.

You need to raise your standards for what pisses you off.

Seriously, I'm sure if the field needed clearing there'd be more than one dude at a time working on it.

Well it's a competetion to see what's better, the scythe or the brush cutter? It's a completely biased text towards the scythe. How does that not make you angry?

What?

That's the point, if you had a brush cutter it would take one person the same time it would take many. With much, much less effort than someone on the scythe.

If you've got a big overgrown area, what the fuck else are you supposed to use besides a scythe?

Scythes don't need gas and are simple blades on sticks. It's not "better" necessarily, but it's a historical tool that can do a good job, that's what OP was talking about.

>Well it's a competetion to see what's better, the scythe or the brush cutter? It's a completely biased text towards the scythe. How does that not make you angry?

It's a competition to see which can cut that hunk of grass faster, and I suspect it's done strictly for the novelty of "wow, look how fast this guy can cut that shit." Seriously, cool your fucking autism. If that makes your blood boil, you don't have enough problems in your life.

>With much, much less effort than someone on the scythe.

Though expending vastly more energy in the form of hydrocarbons.

Oh wait, you took hyperbole seriously, kek, cya.

In this day and age? A fucking brush cutter? Ride on mower?

Still physically easier and faster though. You cannot keep that pace the scythe man did if you increase the size of the field to the point where you need multiple people.

Humans can't eat hydrocarbons.