What was the biggest ticket you've ever got?

6 years driving never gotten a ticket

66 in a 40. Ticket was $255. Fucking Virginia

Do they really use aircraft?

$550 for neg driving when i just totaled my car and couldnt pay it so i took them to court and won because it was a mechanical fault not drivers error

120 in a 35.

Got off without a ticket.

Does that count?

None

72 in a 55, no proof of insurance (fucking kill me) in Oregon

Ticket was $200 if i recall correctly and I also paid $50 for a driving class to keep it off my record. Also the no insurance thing was my b, I forgot to put my new cards in my wallet when I tossed my old ones like a fucking tard.

10 years driving. Not even one car stop.

This.
Pulled over for doing 20 over but got a warning.

I have riding in my car while my friend was driving and got pulled over, though. Got a ticket for 5 over.

Story time counts.
This is when I was 19. I was balling out on some neighborhood roads 9 at night with a friend. I'm talking hitting 70 mph in a 25. I bring the car to a stop at a stop sign and gas it up the road which ran along side a school (during spring break, mind you). As I crest the hill and slow for the red light I heard a distant whoop of a siren.
"That ain't for me right?" I said to my friend, in complete denial.
"That's definitely for you."
Well it was. I pulled into a close parking lot. Cop immediately gets out (which is unusual).
"Why did you try to run?"
"I didn't. I didn't even see you until you honked the siren."
He clocked me at 51 mph in a 25 (thank God). He wanted to hear my excuse but I had nothing; I just told him I was stupid. I knew what I was doing. So the cop gives me the lecture and gives me the ticket.
Reckless driving. A criminal offense. Court date is like six months away.
My parents finally found out when they got a letter from a lawyer trying to get their business. We ended up getting a lawyer, not sure if it was the same one.
"You should do an hour of community service for every mph over to show the judge you're remorseful." I ended up helping at the VA, which was fucking miserable but that's another story.
"Worst comes to worst, we'll offer that you spend a few days in jail to drop the charge." Well that should be interesting.
Judgement day comes.
Basically my lawyer butters up the DA and tries to get a good deal. So I plead no contest when its my turn. She reams my ass for a solid ten minutes about how stupid I am. Then I get the deal.

72 hours in jail. Charges get dropped to a 1-9 mph over ticket.

All in all, lawyer was $500 and the ticket and court costs were another $250 or so.

Wtf, you went to fucking JAIL and spent almost $800 for a speeding ticket?? You're a fuckin loser!

All that and I didn't see I put counts instead of cunts.

Also I should clarify the VA is the Veteran Affairs. Its where veterans go when they hit potato status and can't care for themselves anymore. And this was in Virginia.

I was 19 and a freshman in college. That money was spent to get out of a CRIMINAL charge. I would've had to tell my university of that. Not to mention that would look real great when I graduated and started applying for jobs

That's way more than a speeding ticket my friend. Reckless driving is a expencive ticket to fix

>mechanical fault not driver error
Your car had an issue you failed to fix that's driver error

$233 for failure to provide insurance and another $166 for 15km over
I was in a new and didnt know Edmonton has too much cop budget from being 4th highest murder rate in Canada. Then they use all the man power for speed traps

>I forgot to put my new [insurance] cards in my wallet
Why not just keep them in the car?

asking for advice from the great green one

this is just asking to get your ass beat.

5 years driving.
Not even a stop.
I've driven more miles above the speed limit by at least 10mph then not.
Once, after I had parked, a policeman had told me I had a brake light out, but no more.

>Yeah guys, my wheel had come off. But it's all my fault and not that of the mechanic that put them on too tight or something.

???

Same here. I've been driving since 2000 and I've never gotten a ticket for anything. However, I have been in four vehicle crashes.

>the gas pedal was stuck officer

>letting anyone touch your car but you
>not doing your own maintenance
>not stating your wheel fell off in the beginning
You deserve what happened to you.

97 in a 55. Was slowing down from 125.

$600

Same. Driving since 91.

That wasn't me earlier, I was just stating what a fuckwit you are and you've proved to be. When u go out and buy a car, I don't just take the engine out and put it back again incase someone forgot to tighten a bolt. I also have an job. Which means I barely have time to do the oil myself.
Don't be so daft

>making excuses to justify being a cock and having poor wrenching skills
>this much damage control
You're still a faggot

Question:
If they make a shot of you going SLIGHTLY over the limit but it's clearly visible that at the time the photo was taken your car almost made a handstand and is shown in a perfect wedge pose, rear almost lifting up and it's obvious you were down on the brakes like a mad cunt, would that cause more trouble than if the car was shown completely relaxed going slightly over limit?

You were obviously way faster than that but the car diving is not a useful evidence.

106 in a 55, 1000 dollar ticket

I drive 120mph to work every Sunday morning at 4am, I'm sure I'll get caught eventually.
Otherwise I've only gotten a 92 in a 65, $370 ticket

>1000 dollar ticket

4 away from double the limit, did the cop drop it down for you so didn't get even more assfucked?

None, but been stopped a few times because I'm """young""" and drive a """new""" car. (25-29, 2004 m3)

negligent driving when i was around 21 or so and had caused an accident
$173 and 2 demerit points

>Wtf, you went to fucking JAIL and spent almost $800 for a speeding ticket??

No, he was DETAINED in jail upon his own recognizance. That can be done WITHOUT a criminal charge appearing on his record. The important thing is to NOT have crime appear on his record. So he voluntarily submitted himself to embarassment detention in jail which is not something that appears on your criminal record in my state. Of course, you should get clarification if detention time still shows up on a criminal record.

Importantly, he has no criminal charges.

His problem seems to be that the police officer stuck to the tale that he tried running from the police and then pulled into the parking lot when his try at running was futile.

It's important to avoid a reckless driving charge. That means you have to declare that even at border crossings when you go into canada. But importantly, the next time he is pulled over for a ticket, the police will run his records and see a prior related driving charge of reckless. So instead of giving a warning, the police will always give a ticket. And if he goes to court, the judge of course gets to see the entire criminal record. Why should the driving court judge be lenient to someone who is already proven to be an axe murderer pedophile RECKLESS road raging evading police driver?

No I just had a good lawyer (1000 extra bucks though)

What did you say bitch?

42 in a 30. But the 30 was a fucking speed trap. It's 40 for 5 miles back, then switches to 30 for a quarter mile then back to 40. Cops would park at the gas station at the turn with the fucking laser gun. Got caught, $120 speeding ticket.

Couldn't bitch too much though since I was driving my friend's car and that fool had expired plates AND no up to date insurance in the car (they had expired insurance notes but not up to date ones.) Cop felt bad for me and let me go with just the speeding ticket,

Not him but it's rare, when they do they send squad cars out to get the "tagged" vehicles. Mass tickets!

$350 plus another $250 in "Administrative fees"

>Driving a Fiat 500l
>Doing 60 in a 45
>Pulled over by state trooper
>Fined $90
>Told me he lowered it because I was cooperative

K den

been driving for ~4 years
got one fix it ticket for my straightpiped honda
stock exhaust was 60$ local
ticket was 25$ after getting inspected by chp

I got a fix-it ticket to remove my front window tint, that's about it.

Two tickets, each was about $300.
79 in a 55, and 89 in a 65. Just under the reckless driving limit for my state.

First one (the 79 in 55) I probably could have gotten out of. Maybe even the second. I say this because when I got my own insurance, both were listed as tickets for doing 10 or less over the speed limit.

90mph in a 70mph I was probably going 100 when I got caught but I probably got or a break or I slowed down fast. It was only $120
I got one a year before than one for 60 in a 40

>cops beat your ass
>film or not you sue
>????
>PD settles and pays you money
Sounds like free money to me.

Not one ticket, but got smacked with 7 tickets when I was pulled over that equaled about 900 dollars

Driving with a suspended license (failed to pay a ticket) driving with expired tags, driving with unpaid registration fee (still had temp tags that expired two months ago on that day), driving with suspended registration (emissions), driving under restrictions (provisional license after hours), driving with an obscured plate (tried to cover my plate with a frame since plates were expired) and the cop tried to charge me with driving without license since I was past the time for provisional drivers.

Had to go to court almost a year later because it kept getting postponed. Turns out the cop that pulled me over was later terminated for corruption or something, and they threw them all out. Lucky me.

I was so poor during my college days. Never again will I neglect vehicle fees.

Never got a ticket for it but I made the news after I took the plate off my bike and was detected by speed camera at 283kph in a 100kph zone.
Went through the night after they installed the cameras and the cops were NOT happy

Aggravated mopery with intent to gawk.

127 km/h in a 100 zone (trans Canada highway, rural Manitoba) almost 500 fucking dollars.

that highway in every other province is 110.

Fuck Manitoba.

How the fuck did you not get a ticket

Your tits must be yuge

You might be lying. Cause 20 over the speed limit or above 80 in Virigina is automatic jail time. Either you had a VERY nice cop, or you're numbers are wrong.

My state doesn't have reckless driving based on speed. You could do 150 in a 35 and it would be a ticket. Even if you do get charged, the WORST you could get charged with is a 3rd degree misdemeanor

95 in a 65, california. $300 after talking to the judge and getting the price lowered. He said i looked like a good student, then said dont do it again.
little did he know i had just lifted off. could have been 110

Never got any tickets, but got pulled over for doing 70 in a 45 with a broken taillight and another time doing 30 in a 25 and got a concealed firearm charge.

$75 ticket for plates that were expired by 6 months, and then another $75 ticket 18 months later for plates expired by two years since I never actually bothered to renew the tags after the first ticket. The second time I got pulled over for it, the cops actually took the plates off my car because they "may as well not exist".
>go to courthouse to get new tags
>tell clerk that I need actual new license plates as well since the cops took mine
>clerk gives me a strange room
>explain in more detail how the cops just unscrewed the plates and drove off with them
Clerk 1:
>"Those cops sound like real... uh, that was pretty mean of them"
Clerk 2:
>"Yeah I've never heard of that happening before, and that's definitely not part of any procedure"
>their faces when I show them the ticket with the officer's name as proof

35 cause I didn't bought a ticket for the subway

I can't deal with public transportation anymore, I don't know how I used to take it everyday when I was in high school

>living in europe so kph
>19yo, always borrowing dad's Mercedes
>drive like a fucking asshole all the time
>190 in a 100 on country road
>100 in a 50 in town
>more than once saved by sheer luck
>finally be clocked by speed trap
>65 in a 50
>pay 35€
>mfw

>driving on highway
>speed limit 65mph
>doing 70mph in left lane to pass a semi
>semi speeds up and keeps pace with me instead of maintaining his speed
>side by side
>red light coming up
>come to stop at light
>highway patrol pulls in behind me
>light changes
>cop flips on his siren
>tfw the semi beside me blocked my view of a speed limit sign before the red light and I was doing 70 in a 45

$326

Actually my friend said he could find that I had been to jail but I could go through the process of getting it expunged I'm just not paying more for a lawyer.
Also the cop said I was very apologetic to the judge when he pulled me over. I guess he realized he kind of jumped the gun on that one. Good thing I'm white and it was a nice neighborhood.

Looks like a guaranteed way to get a ticket every time.

I lol'd

Fucking source faggot. You'll be a hero to everyone on this board.

Literally the exact same thing happened to my friend kek

>driving ranger danger straight pipe loud summabitch
>late for work
>Skipped 2 stops by not stopping completely only slowing down upon approach
>keep driving, randomly blues and twos (where the hell was he?)
>turn off vehicle, windows down all ready
>"License and reg"
>goes in his Crown Vic
>comes back 15mins later
>it's your birthday in 3 days?
>"yes sir"
>Here, I reduced the amount of demerits and fine, please do your stops next time have a good day.
>thanks coppa
>50$
Had he charged me for those 2 stops I would've lost my license (probation), car towed and never showed up for work.
just be cool

65mph in a 45mph. The ticket was about $300 plus another $100 for traffic school.

The cop was waiting on the other side of a hill. There was no way I could have seen him in time to slow down.

>Mfw I crest the hill and see the motorcycle cop almost fall over trying to get up on his bike so fast

i was doing 86 in a 55

it was a construction zone so the fine was double

i was actually doing closer to 100 before i got the radar hit and started slowing down

it was $460 and 2 points on my license

I was lucky

In my state if I was going just a few mph faster it would have been 2 points and I wouldn't have been able to do traffic school.

You would not have lost your license and had your car towed for doing 2 rolling stops.
Retard.

free trip to court for doing 56 in a 55

75 in a 55. Cop watched me pass some shitbox rusted-out Silverado that was going 40, in a perfectly legal passing zone, and clocked me before I could slow down. $140 ticket. I paid the county attorney the same amount to have it shelved for 6 months and removed from my record.

>Same shit happened 3 weeks later
>Couple miles down the same road
>Another run-down Silverado
>I ran this time

>$550 USD
I was doing 86 in a 45, on the twisty hill pass in a 04 Volvo S60 2.5T.

I had one fine for running red light, it was 50eurobucks. And around 300 for little as 0,12BAC, fuck you zero tolerance.
But another curiosity, here in our shitland, theres no nothing like reckless driving, etc. After last road rules change, speeding isnt considered a huge violation, and they cant suspend your licence. So as long as you can pay 800 eurobucks for every speeding ticket you, can speed up to 300kph in your lambo whole day. There were medialized cases, where people drives around 250 on highway, paid fine and continues on their trip.

>getting tickets
>not being let off with just a warning

Never had a ticket or accident or claim in 12 years of driving

$185 for doing 69 in a 45. Went to the DA's office to use an article 894 and he reduced it to $120 and took it off my record for free. Almost got a pretty bad one.

>Be a younger me
>Driving from Louisiana to Alabama at 4:00 AM after work to catch a weekend beach party
>Keep that majestic Frontier at 90-110 MPH for record time
>aintno5-0.jpg
>Sun just came up--10 minutes away from destination
>95 indicated, 45 on sign
>A wild crown vic hiding in the trees throws his lights on
>woop woop
>fuck
>About to go over a hill then pull over while the cop tries to edge into traffic
>I'm about to pass another frontier of the same color
>If you only had one shot...
>One opportunity
>Pass him up, gain distance, slow down to limit just as the policeman becomes visible over the hill
>He gets pulled over
>Get to a stoplight, count my blessings
>Yellow Ford F-250 pulls up and motions for me to lower my window
"Well you're about a lucky motherfucker, ain't ya? Cold blooded"
>Light turns green
"Yup"
>Burn out, make it to party without a hitch

It was pretty stupid and wrong but I'm still psyched about not getting that ticket.

dude, a .08 in america will cost you 10k in attorney and court costs, not to mention potential jailtime, community service, probation and its associated costs, or mandatory license suspension (jurisdiction dependent).

300 cuckbucks for a .12? you got off ridiculously easy.

>10 years driving
>only ticket was on a country road past midnight and foggy as fuck with nothing around and a cop pulls me over for rolling through a stop sign

Originally stopped for wreckless driving, expires POI, possession of marijuana < 1oz, and possession of paraphernalia
The fucking cop let me go with a 14 mph over the speed limit ticket which is the max speed they allow before towing vehicle and suspending for a year. He cut me a break because when he asked what was going on I said I was just being stupid, I dumped the weed in a drain, smashed my pipe, and was able to prove I had POI at the time of the stop. Ended up being ~$700

Was doing aboit 130 in a 65 at 3am in my s2000. No one was on the freeway and I just felt like letting er rip. CHP was sitting on an overpass so I didn't see him. I had slowed down to about 80, took him 5 min to catch up. He didn't have a radar lock on me but he knew I was moving so he just wrote me for 100+, but a non criminal code. Ticket was about $475. I was very respectful during the stop, didn't try to BS. Prob saved me from a misdemeanor. Only had one other ticket been driving 11 years.

$100 parking near hydrant

Wasn't even blocking the hydrant, I was slightly on the yellow.

You probably could have fought it user. You damn well should have on basic principle.

You very well could. I don't know that anons local laws but I do know that if I get clocked at 25+ over the speed limit my licence is pulled immediately. If you read the thread you'll see several anons claiming to have been pulled over at 25+, yet they only get a ticket.

$485 for driving in the HOV lane during rush hour for 5 seconds without a passenger. Motorcycle cop knocked on my window while I was driving to tell me to pull over (traffic was crawling at 35mph).

Paid $45 to go to defensive driving school and get it off my record. No tickets since, and that's been 9 years.

I was stll on learners license, in other words on probation.
Read you autist
While you're at it kill yourself

sæm
>120 in a 35
>no ticket
>lying on the internet

>implying a cop just doing his quota wants to do the paperwork on a misdemeanor
My mom got clocked doing 94 on a back road (55 limit) and the highway patrol wrote her up for 65. They aren't there on some crusade.

didn't happen to me, but
>3 years back, senior in HS
>just so happening to be passing my school at about 8PM
>hear rumbling in the background
>fucker shoots past me at probably almost 100MPH
>in a 30MPH school zone
>copper pulls out and guns it on the fucker
>couple days later
>apparently it was the school jock
>mfw he said he had to spend a night in jail and the ticket was $5k

$30 or so for having a tail light out in 2011. It was a bitch Mexican motor cop who pulled me over, made me get registration and everything. This is as a white guy driving a decent car through a city where half the people are spics who drive early 90s shitboxes.

It was pay the fee or be waived when you take it down to the county courthouse for police to verify that you fixed it. Luckily I knew a cop from that city who signed off on the ticket and took it.

Nothing too crazy, was going around 65 in a farm to market road where the limit was 45. Honestly was just matching the speed of most of the other cars around.
Ended up paying like 230.

Here is kind of a stupid one
>be at FT SamHouston
>take a U-turn in a gas station parking lot to get my car on the right side of the pump
>base police pulls me over and tells me I went the wrong way in a one way
>receive ticket for no charge

500€ for having 0,6 mg/l alcool in blood during the first 3 years of licence, and 250€ for going 200km/h on a 100 zone

You as the vehicle operator are solely liable for the proper functionality of your vehicle while it is being operated. The improper maintenance of your vehicle on behalf of a third party is not a legal defense in judicial court. It is however a valid case in civil court when seeking compensation.

>I also have an job. Which means I barely have time to do the oil myself.

Bullshit! I work 60 sometimes 75 hours a week, I still have 30 minutes somewhere in that week to do a simple oil change. If you don't have time to change your own oil than you sure as shit don't have time to take you car to a shop and have someone else change your oil.

I ripped a skid in a Fit at right turn of an intersection. I was leaving a bar and the light was yellow but I knew if I dropped a gear and gassed it I would make it. The cop went easy on me and just gave me a red light ticket for like $600 bucks. The cop told me he didn't want to see that car moved before 3am. He let a friend pick me up because they were five minutes ahead.

I take that as my lucky break and don't do stupid shit in public anymore. Before this I already had two stop sign tickets (I was stopped for a third but let go for an unknown reason)