Eve Online general /eog/

Mercenary edition

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
Yes

>Can I make enough ISK as an Alpha to PLEX?
No.

>Now what?
Do the Tutorial then the Career Agent missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.
No, really. Find a corp.
You don't want to be that guy.

Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/JGKUEsZy (embed) (embed)

Future:
>2017/01/09 is the last day to receive the 12th YC119 gift!

Present:
>Winter War

Past:
>Nov 25: Eve Down Under
>Nov 15: Alpha clones, Engineering Complexes, reworked boosters
>Sep 27: Coronation of Catiz I
>Sep 13: Mining barge overhaul, some new frigate models, capital module balance pass
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Aug 13: [SoundCloud] WH CSM Townhall 13AUG2016 by OrangeEagle
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, dmg/rep visuals, clouds performance boost, cargo notifications
>Jul 26: AT prizes announced (blood raider variations)
>Jul 23: Goons move to Delve, SMA closes
>Jul 19: Broski joins then kills QFC
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT rule changes: 10 players, no cap-xfer, no CDs, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event began, serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, overlay vectors, new implants, drugs legal, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion now ECM immune, mass fitting
>Jun 23: RIP SP dailies
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
Previous: Permalink: orph.link/eog

Other urls found in this thread:

zkillboard.com/kill/59092634/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for reddit drama

>making a new thread without being Kevin

Reddit has killed this place already.

oneiros

>noctis
>80m ship nullified by a single MTU
dammit ccp

FIRST FOR BUM

>have been gone for 4 months
someone fill me in on what happened
why are there blinkenlights around stations
why is the computer different

fuck off no way

>Alliance is having trouble getting stuff into null because of widespread gatecamps
>Use Thera connection into low-sec on the other end of the galaxy to buy a bunch of stuff not on the market and sell it back home for a 50% markup
I think this game is getting to me, boys.

>only 50%

>Wanna do industry
>Unbridled, rampant autism in every corp
>Socially awkward redditors everywhere

I just wanted to build ships

who did you join?

>2017
>not using the Barghest, the best subcapital ship in game

>plays game that attracts autists
>surprised when corps are filled with autists
what the fuck were you expecting

>Meme Legion

>barghest
>best subcap

why are there only green and green and blue-green and literallyshit skins for 90% of gallente ships while caldari and amarr get dank skins like raata sunset, blue tiger, purity and so on

>when an inferior subcapital (any other subcapital) engages your Barghest

Talked to a bunch of indy corps in nullsec and joined two or three random ones. Nothing major.

Like yeah I know the playerbase in EVE is like that, but man is it especially bad in indy corps.

>when my hic points a barghest

desu all the base caldari skins suck
>raata sunset
>blue tiger
lets just paint the ship red/blue lmao

>when an avatarfagging chink shits up an imageboard

I would take raata and blue over serpentis, valimor and intaki
also, you have shit tastes.

What's the site that lets you fuck with ship skins?

>when a normalfag gets triggerred on a chinese cartoon imageboard

>also, you have shit tastes.
Valklear Glory on niddhogur is best

yes, valklear glory is best on most ships (if they would actually fix the reflections, your picture would look bad if you turned the camera 30 degrees because the silver parts would turn black), but we're mainly talking about gallente skins here.
Seriously, someone at CCP must have a hate boner for anything gallente.

inner zone shipping is good on the hyperion
it's a pretty underrated ship in general

zkillboard.com/kill/59092634/

I wonder what was at the bookmark.

>49 EDs

Can a VNI easily do havens?
Please bros I can't afford to lose her or else it's back to belt ratting in a dessy

>I can't afford to lose her
Then no

no one needs some poor no sp shitter in a VNI taking 30 minutes to do havens

be a good cuck and stick to forsaken hubs you massive faggot.

S.K.I.N Pricing Scheme

Frigates, Destroyers:
400 aurum

Cruisers, Battlecruisers:
600 aurum

Battleships, Force Aux, Carrier, Dreadnaught:
800 aurum

Super Carrier, Titan:
1000 aurum

CCP, please understand that SKINs shouldn't be so expensive. When a person buys 2000 aurum? He should get a handful of skins. Also try to release SKINs more often, the new Glacial Drift skins are amazing and I can guarantee if you put them on every ship in the game people will buy a handful of them.

>glacial skins
>1800aur
lol

>armor
>high dps counter resists npc spawns
>die

>not knowing what type of rats you're going after

>he doesn't know about the semirare rats that deal different types of dmg

>being retarded

>being retarded about the one thing that causes 90% of ratters npc deaths
have fun, that fit is prime ready to show up on your corp's KM as killed by rats

>pulling some memerat that doesn't exist out of your arse
>guise i swer iz truth xd

>ratting

Meanwhile
Nullbabys have more deaths in the last hour to rats than pvp.
Care to share your ratters name?
I mean, your ratters are alts right?
You wouldn't be ratting on your main right user?

>still no proof
:^)

You do realize, warping out is a thing right? Anyone with half a brain and a little knowledge will be able to rat just fine without dying, it's the afkers/retards that die. Stop being such a faggot.

>Amarr

D34thstrike [score hidden] 52 minutes ago
One of the Eschelon Directive dudes here. We did not expect our first Astra kill to blow up and cause this sort of r/drama. To us this was just an Astra that had no effort put into defending it, so we thought it'd be an easy kill and a good offering to Bob.
Going off of the recordings, if you're serious about starting in WH space then start further down the chain in a C1 or C2. There are still some out there that are empty and have good LS/HS C3/C4 statics. There was a good post on here not so long ago detailing a small groups time in a C1 that was good proof that numbers aren't always required.
I'm sorry if this has put you off Wormhole's, but I implore you to stick with it. WH space is still very fun and profitable for small to mid sized corps. (We're still small, and not entirely PVP based for example.) It just requires more effort for the reward, which includes defending it. We had scouts locate your Astra five hours before it was due to come out, and we saw little to no activity to defend it. If you had used those Megathron's you had in your POS as WH rollers you could have rolled us out or critted the WH's which would have prevented us from getting in.
Good luck in the future, and remember to praise Bob.

>both sides are faggots

it's easily the best brawling solo/small gang bs. anyone who flies a megathron and isn't planning to take bomb damage or be in a massive f1 railgun fleet is doing it wrong

normies get the fuck out

>>both sides are faggots
I see three sides, one of which is complaining, one of which is a massive bunch of losers, and one really nice side. What are you talking about?

>1800 AUR

lmao holy shit ccp just why

Anyone IN KWG alliance space have any caldari navy warp scrams they want to sell?

>make 2 skins per year, one of which is useable because the other is valimor legacy tier bullshit
>sell the for way above what would be considered reasonable
fucking hell

Aren't those the SKINs they gave out for free over Christmas?

yes

nice hull and skin. shame the ship itself is 100% aids

How much aur are those?

I couldn't find them in the aurum store, only on the market/show info thing. ccp probably need another 6 months to sort it out

I need to know this, too
>gallente skins never

>Proof
I'm not the retard in danger of dying with a shitfit, I care not about how you will die.
I'm merely here to laugh at you.

those look good. big silly bright bits go nicely with shitty gallente grey

Wow. I've actually seen the guy when the situation was developing.
He went suspect on purpose and started taunting everyone to kill him.
"Who wants to take on this 1.3b shitfit? I have literally no guns fitted" - guess he wasn't joking.
Everyone took him for a bait and was too afraid to shoot.

One courageous coercer started shooting him. And it sort of went on from there.
Wish I could throw away this kind of money, sounds like tons of fun.

>spout retarded bullshit
>doesn't post proofs
>hurr im so superior
Ebin

>the sprocket was closed

Whats wrong user, why won't you post your KB?
Go ahead... I have ALLLLLLLLLLLL day.

>this autistic
The only thing that can kill a VNI in a haven is the dread. No other rat can even touch you and the 3 elite cruisers in wave won't neut you fast enough.

look up VNI npc deaths senpai

If you mean the question mark, that is the sentient carrier. The DB entry is fucked.

oneiros

basilisk

>tfw finally finished core ship fitting
:3

>in a tiny corp made of close friends
>do WH stuff
>know we dont have the numbers to do any of the cool stuff i want to do in W-space
>dont think my ceo friend is competent enough to grow the corp
>dont want to leave my buddies behind

shitsux

I know that feel, friend

1. start your own corp
2. ally up with your current one
3. recruit on your own accord
4. ?????
5. PROFIT

so ask your ceo if you can recruit people or something. or blob up with some other wh corp

does anybody have an api of a maxxed out gallente alpha clone? I want to fiddle with some fits, but I'd like to be able to get the exact numbers.

use pyfa

Never said I was competent enough to run my own corp, either. I'm not. Too much of a sperg to recruit people. Our killboard is pretty shit, so I doubt anyone would want to ally with us, either.

>pyfa

>eft

so leave

Osmium
Battleclinic

Fuck off shill

What are you complaining about then.
That you need a better ceo?

I have dreams of something bigger, but don't want to leave my long time friends behind, don't think it's that hard to understand.

>pyfa
>eft
>osmiun

So I just came here from the Mercenary Coalition thread on reddit... I didn't know that people on Veeky Forums actually played eve? Dreddit is the major reddit corp, but does Veeky Forums have an equivalent? I bet we'd be unstoppable if we worked together ;)

Well, turns out the only way to reconcile both is through extra effort on your personal part.
Either aspire for greatness and take the extra load of work on your shoulders for the sake of friends and dreams, or stay in your comfort zone but resign either your ambitions or your contacts.
Can't have everything.

Just make sure you're ready for such a commitment. There's nothing worse than an endeavour costing you a lot and then also crumbling on its own as well.

weak bait

join Broski

> t. sergaljerk recruiter

Didn't broski die after evicting brave from querious?