ITT We post cool uncommon cars

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_NX
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Whats the deal with this slab. How does the awd do against Honda and Subaru?

Well, based on what I know of Suzuki's i-AWD, it's like a cross between a traditional haldex system and 4x4 on trucks.

You can set it to FWD mode and it will never engage the rear axle. Then there's intelligent mode where it'll send torque to the rear axle if the front wheels lose traction. Finally, there's full lock mode where power is locked at 50/50.

Given that info, it's in a sense inferior to Subaru. Subaru is AWD all the time, and then additional torque is sent to one axle or the other depending on where slip is occuring. However, you can't set a Subaru to be FWD so you lose out on MPG's and efficiency when you don't want the AWD, I guess?

As for Honda, it depends. Regular Honda AWD is the same horseshit where it does nothing until slip is detected... and even then it does a piss poor job. Super Handling AWD (SH-AWD), on the other hand, is fucking Evolution-tier and is probably better than anything Subaru has, including the STi. That's because it not only actively shift power between the front and rear axles, but also between left and right wheels.

>it not only actively shift power between the front and rear axles, but also between left and right wheels.

Torque vectoring isn't that unique.

Subaru has it on their latest STI model, as does Ford with the Focus RS. Mitsubishi and Acura have had the technology now for a while, as you have mentioned. Audi has the Torsen differential, too.

Mazda has it as well (torque vectoring for the FWD Mazda 3, I would not be surprised to find it in their AWD Mazda 3/Axela), but it's a system that uses braking on the inside front wheel during a turn.

With a manual trans

W-what is that?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_NX

A 1991 Nissan NX2000, and also my first car.
It's based on the popular B13 chassis which is stiff and lightweight, and driven by a silver top Sr20de. It only weighs about 2400lbs despite having T tops and a liftback hatch. Is it fast by today's standards? No. Back then? Most definitely. Handling is also incredible.

It's a great little car that's been all but forgotten.

Its butt is so happy

The headlights look...strange. Like an NA miata without popups

My dad has one

that is pretty rare

I'm assuming that's one of the reasons it was unpopular. The others being very few were produced and only for 3 years.

It's funny. It looks a lot better in real life than it does in pictures. When people see pics they say it's ugly half the time, but in person in always gets compliments.

Also it's very small. Only slightly bigger than an NA Miata. Bonus Jeep and Roadrunner in the background.

Fuuu forgot pic.

Had one of these waste me in my old mazdaspeed 3. First and last time I saw one.

Dad used to have one, not sure if this is actually considered rare but it was pretty neat.

Latest shitposting craze

Aren't those Mustang GT's underneath? Pretty fuckin neat

>mfw i thought that was a BMW from the thumbnail

I've seen 3 my entire life.

I realize that Limited Slip systems and brake-based systems are technically torque vectoring systems, but I'm referring more to fancy systems that really trying to manipulate a car.

ATTESA E-TS in the GT-R's are also true torque vectoring and it's been around since the late 1980's.

At the end of the day I feel like that's actually a relatively short list of cars. GT-R, SH-AWD in some Acuras, Mitsubishi S-AYC maybe Porsche or something

These pop up for sale every once in a while, good luck getting rear wheel bearings though.

>tfw there's an extremely rare awd turbo version
want
Except I already know how shitty it is to own a rare car. I can never find anything for the NX. It's sad to see its condition worsen, but its hard to fix when you can't get shit to fix it with.

nice

Lancer RalliArt
Volvo Cross country All Road or w/e
Taurus SHO
Fusion turbo awd
Dakota 5.9L RT
Colorado 5.3L
Jeep Commander was cool to me

if only they made a turbah model

>came in thread hoping this was posted

Yes! Love Impulses!

NOT COMMON
O
T

C
O
M
M
O
N

Would love to own one of these.

Do you live in Maryland?

Shame it didn't sell.

Apparently Suzuki is only allowed to make motorbikes, shopping carts and off-roads.