Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/hameko/status/818674946176000002
shoryuken.com/2017/01/09/new-potentially-game-changing-advancing-guard-tech-discovered-in-darkstalkers-3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can someone spoon feed me on why people say SFV is bad

Worst persona

Because they are bad people and you should laugh at them.

stop playing rushdown characters

Reposting question from last thread

Does anyone know how good the hori ps4 fighting commander is? Ive been thinking about pickomg one up.
Or should i just go with a saturn pad and brook converter?

becasue capcom made half assed game

It was awful at release but that's it
Also
>having to pay for akuma
>having to pay more money for his classic skin
I will never not be mad

do you have to pay for all the characters

cant you get them with in game currency

ok
lol w/e idiot

picking*

Who is stinkier, Asuka or Lili?

But Marie is inferior Velvet Room member.

is marie a gud footsies character for beginners

>twitter.com/hameko/status/818674946176000002

b-burn to fight........

Marie is inferior _____

rootkit

You CAN get them with currency but it takes a long time

It's getting patched tho

Stop playing grapplers

I'm doing Revelator trials. Jack-O's 17th one is an SPD, but it just whiffs at any range. What am I missing?

because Rise is better

Do it faster.

What are you gonna do about it Varg, stab me in the back?

is this actually in the game

also is there some costumes you cant get anymore?

mate

Don't tell me what to do you church-burning fuck

Yeah, I think that's the issue, I believe I'm too slow and doing the air version instead as I'm jumping already then.

do grappler players have autism?

Bison isn't SSS tier

You can do it when landing if you are having trouble doing it raw.

>pr rog spends all year complaining about how much he hates sfv
>s2 balrog gets buffed into king kong
>wtf i love sfv now

>infiltration wins tournaments with memes and says sfv is one of the 3 best fighting games ever
>people figured out his memes and he hasn't won shit since evo
>wtf i hate sfv now

really makes you think..............

hit a nigga up with chances to necalli for s2.

havent played since last spring and need to know if I need to change my playstyle

Is there any difference between Ken and Ryu?

Cammy's butt isn't bigger

nope they are exactly the same

unfinished at the start
horrendous netcode
they still haven't bothered to fix lobbies almost 1 year into the game

those are facts

what I personally dislike about the game is the dumb ass samey, mashy gameplay, the slow walk speed and the fast dashes, the prevalence of jumping and the terrible anti air buttons that enable it

Final Fantasy Dissidia on PS4 when

I main Noctis!!

ken = shoryuken

ryu = patrician intelligent footsies

t. ryu player

That's why I can't take pro players whining seriously

wrong

we get it you main rashid now calm down

how important is the tier list in SFV

are there only a few viable tournament winning characters

You should ask that after the season 2 starts; a lot of characters are unexplored

yoooo you can take akumas shirt off in his classic costume PogChamp

last year's evo winner said that the characters aren't balanced at all so yes

irrelevant

you can win with everyone

It`s the literal perfect bubble butt

>rashid revealed on 9/11
>airplane stage that flies around towers
American capcucks will defend this

Urien needs a parry desu

Does anyone have an updated frame data google docs for season 2?

>Man I have all these single player games I need to play
>Alright lets play one of them
>*Starts up fighting game*

You've ruined me /fgg/

tfw forcing myself to complete 2 games from my backlog before playing fightans again

almost done lads

Darkstalkers is a good series, Vampire Savior is one of the best fighting games ever made.

Managed that way, thanks.

For what purpose?

Why play if you dont want to?

t. havent played a single player campaign in anything in 10 years

yeah i really don't get why they don't just make a new one

shit would honestly sell, capcom is retarded

Yeah, I had to do it that way too before I learned the timing.
The ASW input interpreter which requires motion first and button after and not at the same time + preventing a jump is pretty tough but it's possible.
It's much easier to connect that thing in combos though.

Worst girl

Yeah, seems quite a strict timer. I had the "sample input" on and I noticed it was going back to neutral before pressing a button, but I was not managing. I'm not going to play Jack-O, but wanted to check the specials of all characters and I got stuck in that one.

I hate that I still play fighting games.

Most of the time, I'm bored, because the majority of players are garbage.

Every other time, I'm pissed, because I realize how easily I get shit on by people that place in top 8s, and it hasn't changed over the decade.

It would take a lot of money to make it a good fg. And if it's not good nobody would buy it since it's not a streetfighter which capcucks would play even if it's complete garbage like sfv.

you should stop and realize if what you're saying is true, you're better at fighting games than 95+% of people that are playing them.

For all intents and purposes you have mastered fighting games, even if you're not winning tournaments. If you aren't having fun anymore, take a break and do something else and maybe come back to it. You might like it again, you might just need to let it go.

is there some way to pirate vampire resurrection? I'm not going to pay $19.99 every month to fucking stream PS3 games and I'm not gonna buy a 10 year old console.

They hoped Resurrection would sell the same numbers as MvC2 and SFII HD, but Darkstalkers was never as popular as those games so they didn't think DS4 would be profitable. It's a stupid business strategy, but it's probably better they don't make a new one anyway. SFV is trash, none of their old talent is working for Capcom anymore, and Darkstalkers is a very rich series in 2D. Translating it to 3D would probably not go well because Capcom wouldn't put in the proper effort.

>tfw only play fighting games for the social aspect

its an ok feel

shoryuken.com/2017/01/09/new-potentially-game-changing-advancing-guard-tech-discovered-in-darkstalkers-3/

I don't get it, someone break this down for me, but it looks like tech hits in VSAV are now way easier to pull off because this was discovered?

>tfw I only play gorilla characters or grapplers
Who cares if other people are having fun, I'm all that matters.

>humanbomb crying about chun-li`s nerfs
>infiltration crying about Nash`s nerfs
>Daigo dropping Ryu
i`m loving S2

Is season 2 "solved" yet?

what game

SFV of course.

~14 hours until the Switch event, is that right?

Beginner here who just got SFV. What are good characters to use as a beginner?

Also, are there any simple but important tips you guys can give me? Like should I be playing footsies alot, ex moves on wakeup if I'm getting combo'd, when should I execute long combos?

From experience in previous fighting games, I just know that you'll get rocked if you keep trying to combo the enemy and not use basic moves to get your timing right to start the combo

lmao

Pick a character that looks cool.
Never panic.
Never press a button without purpose.
Learn the commands.

pick a character and search youtube for guides or matches of experienced players

>Tekken 7 is a september release

Lmao so much for "Early" 2017

Panic

Pick Ryu and play against level 7 CPU ken until you can beat him reliably

>good characters to use as a beginner?
the one you have the most fun with

also
>/fgg/
>important

and

>SFV
>footsies

Ryu, Chun, Cammy and Birdie are probably good beginner characters, but anyone's fine. I dunno
>should I be playing footsies alot
yes
>ex moves on wakeup
no
>ex moves if I'm getting combo'd
no
>when should I execute long combos
when you can

Chun is to difficult and has inconsistent commands for her moves and Cammy is trash and has too low hp to be useful for anyone new.
Learning Birdie as your first character will make you reliable on his gimmicks and when you eventually switch to a viable character and lose access to the memes you are going to suck big dicks.

S-source?

How do I play dead or alive 5 without getting horny and going to the bathroom every 2 matches?

"Unconfirmed" source is a Nintendo guy, wait until tomorrow to know for sure.

>Chun is to difficult
> Cammy has too low hp to be useful
lol, don`t listen to this

I though Chun's basic stuff is solid enough and that Cummy is good in S2, but maybe that doesn't transfer to low level. You're probably right about Birdie. Karin? Guile?

>Four
You aren't worthy of FANG posting

Switch port maybe, but I really don't see them delaying all release past the summer. I still believe in Early 2017™

Hmm yeah you may be right the switch port may be the one coming in september. There is literally no reason for them to delay a 2 year old game even more

>A new Smash will release on the Switch with the intention of making it more like a fighting game and those autists will STILL only play melee

Being horny forces you to take a bath?

>no arguments

With Cammy you just have to eat 2 combos to die, whereas with anyone else it's 3. A newbie will have a better time playing as a more durable character because it gives them more chances and they don't have the knowledge and ability to use the tools that the low hp character has to trade off for their health points.

Reminder that Kombo Klash Japan is on the 21st and that the list of players can be found on kkj.ogty.net

Chun has inconsistent inputs, some of her moves are charged and some aren't, her v-skill is weird, she has many command normals.
No one can deny that playing Chun takes more effort than playing Ryu.

But it's namco...

A lot of new players asking retarded questions today.

post characters who make you want to pull their pants down and perform oral sex on them

>season 2
he is clearly talking about voltage fighter gowcaizer