Should I do it????

Hey Veeky Forums 17 y/o fag here, I'm finally gonna be able to purchase my first car. I've been using a relatives 2001 F-150 for a while. I have 7k cash on me atm. Anyways I saw a 1987 Turd Gen Camaro at a local car dealership I talked with the guy he said he can take $5,800 cash. Its clean on the inside and it has 101k miles.

Pic semi-related. It's how it looks on the outside

Other urls found in this thread:

carnavalhighline.com/1987_Chevrolet_Camaro_Dallas_TX_4296062.veh
automobile-catalog.com/car/1989/459785/chevrolet_camaro_iroc-z_5_7l_v-8_tpi_automatic.html
youtu.be/FV0g5AL0u-I?t=49
automobile-catalog.com/car/2010/2288630/nissan_versa_hatchback_1_8_s_6-speed.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Including the part that says IROC-Z on it? It's a nice car but 101k is kind of a lot for $6,000 I would pass.

a civic would be faster in pretty much any performance situation other than a burnout or drifting competition

that being said it would be not as difficult as you would think to make the civic better than that pos in those competitions as well

too many miles and unless it's an IROC-Z, it's way overpriced.

Well, the Odometer says 38k. but since the Chasis has been through 101k.

link to ad?

ALARM BELLS

walk away

its probably high milage junk and $5500 isnt even cheap

carnavalhighline.com/1987_Chevrolet_Camaro_Dallas_TX_4296062.veh

my bad 103k

Come back when you are 18.
>reported

>A Civic with $1000 worth of upgrades will have a better 1/4 mile than a third gen Camaro with $1000 worth of upgrades

for about 30 minutes before your ebay turbo's impeller disintegrates and turns your pistons into shrapnel

>T-tops
Walk away. Those things WILL leak.

Oh god forbid the t tops leak and you have to replace the gasket. I bet you throw your cars out at the slightest inconvenience

that actually looks very nice

>Implying it can ever be fixed
>Implying that tops don't intrinsically leak, hence they've been dropped by every automaker

TTOPS A SHIT

$6k you can get a LT1 Camaro for that much. Hell even some ls1 go for that much but more on the abused side.

>buying a 30yo car from a lot
Shiggidy naw nigga. Wtf are you thinking?

>leaks can't be fixed
T Tops a best

Get it and throw a 350 in it.

>6k for a turd gen

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Surely you must be jestin

Post your car, friend

what does my car have to do shit with this?

6k is overpaying for a thirdgen bye a mile m8

you can easily get a manual lt1 or a auto ls1, manual if you get a high mileage one. If he spends his 7k he has a ls1 no problem.

I'm sure you can do better if you're prepared to travel a little.
It does look nice but that's just prep work and it's cheap for a dealer.
For that much I'd want a better spec and lower miles.

But why does the odometer have lower mile count than what he told me?

Isn't it a felony to reset the odometer?

idk ask him?

did you check the ad?

I should've asked him though.
I did test drive it, it drives fairly well.

Probably swapped the speedo from an 85mph to 115 or 145mph. It's a cake walk in these cars

It really doesn't look like it

this is crap advice

whatever you do dont get a abused LS1
LT1 isnt worth getting

Get a LS1 swap or a MINT 350

>a little water
Welp, into the trash you go

That's 3589 miles so the car probably has 103,589 miles unless a new cluster or speedo was put in.

yep, it seems like your right. It seems like they have a ton of listings for this car, should I haggle them more? I'm pretty sure if I show him 5k cash he'll like it. maybe put like 2k worth of upgrades in it

Save your money for college or other shit, you'll be able to get a car you like and actually have the means to do what you want with it later

I've seen 1st gen mustangs for less than that on my local Craigslist. You just have to check and wait. Also go check yards in rural areas around you, my grandpa always lucks out on those. One last thing, and this is entirely my opinion, I find that gen camaro ugly.

That's not an IROC or even a Z28. Looks like it's the base Camaro with a V8 so it'll have the low performance version of the Chevy 5.0.

Nice Third Gens aren't dirt cheap anymore but even so I'd think you could come up with a more highly optioned version for around the same price. Personally, I'd pass.

walt jr is that you?

OP is finished.

That's gonna be a hard hell to the no compadre. Turd gens suck, and this is from a guy who loves turd gens. Chevy 305 120hp and glass t5 transmissions, or autos and thousands of emissions components and electrical carbs or that shitty crossfire injection. Get the civic for 3k maymay and put 2k in mods. 5k is a fucking ripoff man wouldn't pay more than 1800

>automatic

>odo only goes to 100k
>OP banned for a year
>6000 dollars for slower than a nissan maxima

I think the port injection IROCs had like 205-220 hp or more. The wiring and electrics in the car are going to be a fucking nightmare though. I wouldn't touch a third gen with a yardstick

Not to mention it weighs like 4000 pounds

But its the good auto not the 4lxx shit

>good auto
>80's
No.

>Curb weight: 3351 lbs
automobile-catalog.com/car/1989/459785/chevrolet_camaro_iroc-z_5_7l_v-8_tpi_automatic.html

apologize for being a moron.

>90's auto
>put anything more than 300hp 300ftlb and it shits itself
WEW

Guess what a 4L60E is? Yep it's an electronically controlled 700R4 by another name. Valve body is different due to the addition of the solenoids but, except for some detail differences, the main stack is the same.

Is that supposed to change something? Nigga. 33 hundred pounds and 180 horsepower is fucking laughable

>the main stack is the same.
Well enjoy having the rear planetary gear and sun shell grenading when you push power through it especially at high miles

Oh and Clutch pack shitting itself

Oh and alll the other problems

>33 hundred pounds and 180 horsepower is fucking laughable
nowadays yea, but back then, it was impressive.

>Veeky Forums in 1980s
>presented by bill and ted
youtu.be/FV0g5AL0u-I?t=49

Nigga it's not fucking back in the day is it mother fucker?

>talking about 80s sports car
>comparing to modern metrics not relevant at the time it was built

Look u fucking retard he's not paying 80s pretty inflation prices is he? He's gonna pay 5k for a shitbox guzzler thats slower than a versa

>slower than a versa
>Versa 1/4 mile: 17.1 seconds
>Versa 0-60: 9.4 seconds
>turd gen 350 1/4 mile: 15 seconds
>turd gen 350 0-60: 6.7 seconds

Got any more bullshit easily disprovable to spout?
automobile-catalog.com/car/2010/2288630/nissan_versa_hatchback_1_8_s_6-speed.html

And btw, that is the fastest Versa to date.

Lol okay them dude go ahead and spend 5k on a turd gen. Like I said earlier I LOVE turd gens. I love the bodies in general I still own a 79 and I used to have an 84. But 5k is a fuckin ripoff m8. 1800 tops and that's for a z28 or Ws6

I'm not the one who was looking at the turd gen. Just disproving your baseless bullshit for shits and giggles.
I'd love to grab a turd gen Z28 to try to make a proper Z28 out of it, complete with a high revving, emissions compliant, fuel injected SBC 302 with a TKO 5 speed.