steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

orig02.deviantart.net/5213/f/2016/187/8/f/gohma_guideexc_by_undyingnephalim-da8xwlt.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for comfy

The time has come /twg/

What do I do?

Thanks for the thread family.

If our daimyo is to become shogun: military ruler of all Japan.

>CA once again rips us off with low-res panties

fow da empewa of course

Independent is the fight for your life.
Do it.

Conflcting views. Lets make it easy

Dubs decides

best mods for attila ? also do i need dlcs

Fuck off with your dubs fag

what mods are you using ?

AoC with expanded unit roster mod is pretty dope, cover the period right before medieval 1&2 starts.

This decision is too much for a mere mortal like me. I'm putting the will of my people into the hands of kek.

This is vanilla FOTS. gonna install Radious and do a shogunate run after.

It's pretty grimdark so blood is pretty good.

Otherwise just get the DLC of who you want to play in the basegame.
Vikings, Celts, Slavs and Longbeards are pretty shit. Empires of Sand are actually good.
But get Vikings if you want to play as them obviously.

Last Roman is okay, roman horde is cool. Average.

Charlemagne is pretty good.

My six will convince you of independence.

My 3 is granting the Emperor, military leader of all Japan, your allegiance.

>gonna install Radious
>dubs on Veeky Forums
perhaps /r/totalwar is more your thing

BEAUTY

AND

HARMONY

kek

Back to r/The_Donald with you

>ywn pound an elf until her knife ears are flushed hot red

We both blew it m8.

Independence is pretty gr8.

What's wrong with Radious? legitimately asking since I've been told it gives extra unit variety. Also yeah I forgot dubs aren't a thing on Veeky Forums, don't usually browse generals unless I'm playing something specific that I like

NAGITA SCOUT CAVALRY [matchlock infantry]

why is playing as Empire so uncomfy

Vlad von C-...or rather Emperor Vlad von Carstein here with another fantastic update.
The false Emperor Karl Franz is on the run and licking his wounds in some ditch somewhere. The only serious opposition left in Reikland consists of Gelt and his army in Eilhart. Helmgart seems to be under siege by some Bretonnians.
Averland and half of Wissenland has been conquered by the Border Princes!
Such a disgrace has never before befallen the Empire! Franz is a truly the worst emperor.
Sadly my plans of liberating these lands have been foiled by foul dwarfs. Manfred marches from Nuln with an army to drive them out of Sylvania. So much for eternal vows friendship between the empire and the Dawi.

Also my realm has the shape of Austria.

Ahh. Sweet satisfaction.

What the fuck type of maceman are you? Just hit her on the head once. Elf bones are like paper. You'll dye her ears red with blood easily enough.

Why don't you just screenshot your map view? It's about the only use it's there for.

Do you really need extra unit variety?
Do you care that it comes at the cost of incomprehensible stupidity?

Republic of Tsu it is. everyone hates me but that's nothing new.

Are elves worth getting if I want an entire army is sexy tree sluts

I hate that it automatically assumes independence means republic.

No. Goodbye.

Yes. Enslave them and force them to kill Frenchmen

Hyrule Total War screenshot user here. Let's get the ride-a-rollin'!

So, remember how a joked around about how the mod creator having a closet boner for Warhammer? Well, don't these guys look like a Wood Elf unit? I didn't get Wood Elves so I don't know.

Next, we have the hivemind race. The faction leader and entire aesthetic shown in one screenshot.

Shall I disclose some of her lore?

Well I guess you do have a point.
The Empire is now down to Helmgart because Gelt is a coward and ran away into Middenland.
The dwarfs sacked Schwarzhafen but that's about it. They then proceeded to incompetently wander around Sylvania until Ungrim got himself ambushed in the underway and annihilated. Now Manlet will need to finish off Throgrim who decided to besiege fellow dwarfs of Zhufbar.

>Grimgor brings an army with 5 huge spiders against Wurtbad and a defending army
>the fuckers take ZERO damage from fireballs and direct hits from mortars
Everything else was perfectly doable, but this is bullshit. This is the final straw.

That's why we need this as a mod. Makes early game units more important and you don't have to deal with as much spam per stack.

There is a reason they made these rules in the first place.

The last weird unit from the pool are giant enemy crabs. Just straight-up crabs for your faction of hive-mind insects.

Want more?

mortars are kinda trash against the spiders huge armor. improved towers or handgunners can punish them in sieges, also cannons if you have them in the defending army.

Fireballs also tend to be shit against high armor units, it's more about roasting low armor monsters, amber mage can use his magic spear to great effect though against all monsters.

yes make it funny
orig02.deviantart.net/5213/f/2016/187/8/f/gohma_guideexc_by_undyingnephalim-da8xwlt.pdf

YES, spread it

Holy shit Outriders and Pistoliers are fucking garbage.

>start as Shitazar Gelt
>think ill be clever and use outriders to flank behind and mow down shit
>line them up right behind unshielded spearmen
>volley fire right up their asses
>almost no damage, 2 volleys later VERY TIRED
>spearmen still at 85% unit health

>try again but use them go after armored empire generals
>do fuck all damage, miss most of the time, having pathing problems and will stop shooting to shimmy over

Free Company would annihilate spears from behind, but apparently expensive Tier 2 cav shit the bed on that front.

Sulkaris the Sageheg.

Sulkaris was born with a special power. She was stronger than all her classmates at the Sage Fighting Academy. She served in the Sage military, fighting the primordials they were fighting and in an expedition she discovered the Gohma and turned her to the darkness and got BTFO'd by Link's ancient ancestor, Gustaf, as well as a bunch of praying mantis motherfuckers. She lost a part of her humanity in a battle which is why she looks like a giant praying mantis, please stop personal messaging me asking why that's why. Also, mandibles aren't gross fuck you linkkid663 everyone knows you're a fucking Pokemon scammer faggot.

It's sad how much better Wild Riders are compared to all the other Missile Cavalry in this game. The only Empire cav I've found myself liking is Reiksgard.

Steel faith mod for wh turned out to be pretty good. The author almost got rid of ai cheats while maintaining a decent challenge. AND most of the units are now useful, magic as well even on hueg unit sizes.

Let me tell you about Demigryphs

If the guy did all this work he could at least double check for misspelled words and grammar issues.

Sure, if that's what you want.

They're worth it anyway for the unit variety and unorthodox strats you can pull imo.

Ok, I'm back. So, while I was taking screenshots of the 3rd faction, or about to, the game crashed.

The error message is something I need to show you guys. But I'll take a picture of it later.

This is proof of what I said earlier.

>100_offense_0_defense.jpg
>not the_beginning_of_the_serpentkin.jpg
one job

>The only Empire cav I've found myself liking is Reiksgard.

Yup especially when you consider how much you need to invest into the garbage stable building chain for more expensive and less useful cavalry. CA did a fucking terrible job balancing the Empire on campaign.

>Stables 2500 @ Tier 2
>Livery 5000 @ Tier 3
Total for Empire Knights = 7500 and 5 turns of build time.

>Reiksfort 4000 @ Tier 3
Total for Reiksguard = 4000 and 3 turns of build time.

Reiksguard being demonstrably better than Knights and only slightly more expensive.

Most fun campaign in Attila?
Finished Geats,WRE/ERE,Danes,Huns(boring af)/Franks and Himyar.

WRE most fun on VH/VH imo

Here we have a faction that's supposed to be what happens when Hyrule people and water elves fuck.

Holy heresy, Batman! Where's an exterminatus when you need one?

Also, they use fish catapults and fish ballistas.

sorry I don't get the reference :(

Let me tell you about Halberds and Great Cannons. After my first Empire campaign I never even touched the Demis, CA nerfed them pretty hard.

lakhmids

or lombardy in aoc

in both: nobody fuckin likes you, prepare for turmoil and wardecs every other turn

I might be done with the Skarsnik campaign for now, this AI cheating is just getting completely out of hand. Clan Angrund might be the worst shit I've seen in a TW game in terms of pulling armies out of the ass.

>1441 women
>one dragon
do the math

Water hybrids that need to be burned like the examples of Slaanesh worship they are.

They also have a unit of fucking scorpions. You'd think the scorpions would be in the hivemind faction, but no.

AoC with Charlieboy

How the hell does that even happen, skarsnik was by far the hardest campaign.

It's RNG at the start on higher difficulties, but you have to make sure you attack clan angrund really quick and learn what turn the mutinos gits arrive.

oh fugg I forgot I even had a dragon in there as insurance

>losing to angry manlets
>ever
>typical orcs

Beautiful people on this other hand, would never lose.

Best strengths of lombardy?
I remember the pope being an arse if you took over his lands

Sigvald is shit. SHIT!

Straight up cheating I guess. I had him down to one minor settlement but the guy has no problems with maintaining 50+ units with that one shitty hovel.

This first stack is somewhat depleted, the second one is a completely replenished 20 units army, the third one is fucked up from a previous battle I had with him, this is why my units are hurt. Stack #4 is still a lord with 4 guys. It's fucking crazy.

What the fuck is that loading screen.

>Demis

Fuck that homey, let me tell you about mother fucking Knights of the Blazing Sun.

dunno dont play vanilla aoc, i use sebidee's unit mod that removes vanilla units for historically correct ones and not just 4 units per faction bullshit in vanilla.

just make sure you have 8k when charlemagne comes knocking so you dont have to deal with him and the pope and you can take sicily in peace

dont worry about trustworthiness, kill your vassals asap cause nobody likes you anyway and your biggest enemy (charlemagne) hates lombards by default.

try to befriend the avars so they don't come knocking. build garrison stuff on the avar border in case they do.

How french is he tho, fuck those frogs

I'm assuming you're playing on VH or Legendary but yeah, don't. AI gets like 7 unit slots, huge income and recruitment/upkeep reductions among other things.

Thanks friendo, Roman Empire 2 on its way

What about halberds and cannons, both are pretty shit and highly situational.

Empire missile cav is absolutely worthless

>actually getting Nordic band to kill anything

I only bring them cause I don't know how to deal with enemy missle cav really. Wardogs when, the poison dogs Chaos gets are godlike against missile units.

the basic one from lowest stables is ok at locking down enemy ranged units but yeah they are pretty underhwlming

>radious is a brand name.
The horror.

What turn is it? That's an awful lot of not yet Chaos'd Empire still being colourful on the map.
Also be cautious coming to border the Elves. That fucks up a lot of lads when Chaos hits.

Crushing him as Lombards sure felt good.

rome 2 and attila rolls pls lads

I'm back.

Have another loading screen picture partially obscured, sorry about that.

>that steam friend

I've found your profile, and through that, your IP. Better hide your secret Hyrule tactics because I'm coming for you, user.

Fuck. Please don't bother him though. Or stalk me.

2 late fuckboy, better send some dickpicks or ur gonna be in a world of assfucking.

Too late, friend. I'm already in the mainframe and uploading a virus to your motherboard. Not long now until I have your twcenter log-in details.

Who's the blue lady with Grizzled Link?

So, remember how someone said how the mod creator ranted on how Skyward Sword wasn't canon? Well, wasn't this guy a boss for SS?

YOU'LL NEVER GET MY MATRIX ONLINE ACCOUNT!

No clue.

Please stop, I can't handle it anymore.

It's planetwar with none of the self awareness.

This, a thousand times this.

What is /twg/ listening while slaughtering 1000s?

>pic related

Here's a hero of the doggo race. Their whole deal is short on numbers, but being nigh impossible to take down.

THE RIDE HAS NO BREAKS!

Here's Vaati. He's a hero of the Doogie race. He also flies as for his walking animation.

Pastoral Symphony, Beethoven
St. Matthew's Passion, Bach
Barber of Seville, Rossini

What can I say? I'm a sucker for the classics. Plus it makes me feel like one of those high-class cunning masterminds sitting in his gold mansion with music playing on his record player while his generals slaughter his enemies

Last good screenshot was another loading screen.

Now, you can see the half-hyrule half-water elf abomination up close. Ready torches and pitchforks.

looks like something out of code lyoko

Respect friendo, love me a bit of classics

Problem is I can't figure it out.

Most "AI Recruitment Mods" deal with adjusting the cdir_military_generator_template_ratio_tables

The thing is with ratios I don't see how to set hard limits on units and elite and mundane infantry/cav are lumped in the same broad stroke.