RIP

RIP

> Walmart Cashiers
> Target Cashiers
> CVS Cashiers
> Walgreens Cashiers

youtube.com/watch?v=NrmMk1Myrxc

Walmart supposedly loses 3B a year to shoplifting. Why don't they just ride the eagles to Mordor?

Amazon moving into the NSA's territory is a bit worrying

shoplifters steal regardless of employees present or not.

most retail businesses factor in about 15% loss in materials.

>just walk out technology
>walk in do 360 walk away

Why is this allowed, lads?

so we can get rid of minimum wage earners quicker from this planet.

I cannot mentally get over the idea of having some weird disembodied robot brain have the ability to buy anything someone tells it to with no questions asked.

Looks amazing and futuristic!
>How does it work? Like self driving cars!
Wait.. That's not a real answer.

Btw I'm pretty sure that it takes 5+ additional years to make it idiot-proof. Today in the supermarket I saw a cheesecake left next to cell phones. Will it monitor unexpected moves like that? And you will still need humans to place the items back.

What if you just turn your phone off after walking in and take a much items you can carry?

>get in car
>driving
>where am I going?
>the Amazon store
3,2,1 wake up
pls wake up

Please tell me a major in accounting is still good enough where I won't get replaced by a robot?

>Why don't they just ride the eagles to Mordor
the eagles were supposed to be delivery drones. now I have to go to the store myself. Next you'll tell me I got charged for the shit I stole

By the way, this seems exploitable.

In 10 years there will be a breakthrough in quantum computing and even robots will be replaced by newer robots that made by robots.

>0:50
and she wonders why she can't lose weight.

currently the tax code is a mess and needs humans to figure out loop holes and to put those pesky paper numbers into their digital place.
if they ever get around to rewriting the law like it's software code without any ambiguities and loop holes it'll make all accountants obsolete over night.

it's possible today, but it ain't happening due to lobbying. therefore i don't see it happening in the near future either.

when we get around to completely replacing physical money they'll definitely pull the trigger though. if the data's already digital and available, why not simply send a copy the IRS' way? in fact, money'll probably mandatorily pass through IRS servers on every transaction, so they can take their cut without anyone opposing it or "forgetting" about it.

will the robots being replaced fight beside us?

asking for a friend

U watched terminator yeah?

these amazon go shops will never appear in your local hood full of thieves. tfw cant help amazon to get rid of the wagecucks on this planet.

BUT user 360 ISNT WALKING AWAY LOL YOU'RE SO RETARDED I'M SO SMART I POST 9GAG MEMES ON FACEBOOK

Whats stopping Apple putting the exact same thing in every other supermarket?

Nothing. Fucking idiots.

>Whats stopping Apple putting the exact same thing in every other supermarket?
it would absolutely destroy their brand. there is nothing inherently better about apple products, it's all good-will and aura of exclusivity. once you'll see the neighbouring homeless guy buy his wine box at the apple checkout in the local supermarket those overpriced phones won't seem so shiny and exclusive anymore.

amazon sells you everything already from low-life to high-class. something like this is exactly their wheelhouse after they discovered people are hesitant having produce shipped to them. apple on the other hand is a tech company, not a reseller.

you're an idiot yourself.

>drop product, spills everywhere. Am I billed?
> if I pick up item and set down on different shelf?
>scan in friends they take shit I don't authorize am I liable?
>scan in turn off phone
>steal phone buy tons of free shit
>fuck your mother, amazing echo is listening
>buy bread, get home, stale, how return?
>alienate non amazon customers
>this isn't cheap to buy or maintain, I should just pay a human to do these tasks and more.

Looks like a gimmick. Same as drone deliveries. I remember Amazon fresh was the answer to groceries. Now this?

It just checks what RFID's walk out with you. Its not a new technology.

You can bypass this bullshit thanks to Bitcoin.

This will only lead to basic income earlier, unless you want former minimum wagecuckers to kill you.

Are you dense? What do you think Apple Pay is then? Its a payment system for this EXACT SAME idea.

just like self-driving cars!

This guy I worked in a grocery store and people can't handle self checkout malfunctions so I doubt people would enjoy trying to return something to s robot

Not to mention still gonna have people to stock, answer questions, bag groceries because we're lazy af, return carts... Literally just cashiers

They can't kill us if we kill them first. :^)

>drop product, spills everywhere. Am I billed?
Why wouldn't you be?

>scan in friends they take shit I don't authorize am I liable?
>scan in turn off phone
>steal phone buy tons of free shit

Contactless cards are basically the same thing as this

>buy bread, get home, stale, how return?

What?

>this isn't cheap to buy or maintain, I should just pay a human to do these tasks and more.

Evidence?

This is not how it works, otherwise you could bring a Faraday bag and walk out with free shit

>RIP jobs
>Hello free food
Finally we can all stop wage cucking just to buy food

U ever see futuristic shows where the wages like us are cucked harder and the rich are far richer? I have a bad feeling.

What ETF has the highest Amazon holdings? Any that have over 50% Amazon?

It's exactly like this joke from Nightvale

"Amazon. Because that's all there is now. What happened to the other sotres? don't ask."

I know of a security that's well over 50% Amazon, look up the ticker AMZN user.

>bitcoin
>a permanent public ledger of all your financial transactions
>private

I think a better option would be to put a register on each shopping cart. It would be like going through the self-checkout, except entirely contained in your cart.
You'd scan each item before you dropped it in the cart, the cart would check weight to make sure everything is ok.
When you're done, just swipe your card and print receipt form interface mounted to cart. Cart would set off alarm if you leave without first paying.

That would work much better than the completely unattended amazon idea.

gas the IRS when

I work in retail and this honestly seems kind of cool, at least better than the shit from the 90s we use at my work.

You'll be fine, tax code is a mess, and obviously Accountants don't just do taxes, if you're that worried about it, pursue auditing, they won't ever get replaced by robots unless they can figure out how to make it work like a human.

>t. Luddite

>Automation is a meme
>Automation is still decades away
>Cars will never drive themselves
>People will never go to stores without cashiers

holy shit look at the food nothing looks below $100

Is it too late to invest in amazon?

Will they make something like purchasing stuff online and then you drive to a warehouse and then a cute robot gives you your stuff

Because you don't get billed for breakages at a supermarket dummy. The store takes the loss, it's better from a customer service perspective to not charge you when you break something... And instead just rip you as hard as possible on everything else.

The A.I takeover has begun

Looks hella easy to steal. Just walk in phone off. Load up your bag. Walk out

Veeky Forums is full of isiots like (You). I come here to laugh

>get in self-driving car

ftfy

Problem is its expensive to make 100 carts like that opposed to 5 stationary ones

My thoughts exactly

Well, in that case, the customer gets billed and then is incentivized to seek out customer service to report that they broke something.

>he still has not learn about confidential transactions and mimblewimble
kek

>thinking you don't belong in the same sack as wagecucks
You will be automated too you pleb.

Being automation engineer,design automated automation designing

KEK
but back to Veeky Forums as well

enjoy getting replaced by pajeet