youtube.com/watch?v=ajO25EMDIVo
youtube.com/watch?v=c6wI_lBj3mc&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=cVCHrOalctw&t=70s
vimeo.com/4875982
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Senna

Senna

Because he was motherfucking Senna

He's up there. Michael Schumacher might be the most famous recent driver throughout the world.

Idk who my favorite is, I like to cheer for Vettel these days because he actually has a chance. But I'm a big fan of some of the other F1 drivers who were around the series for years. Jenson Button and Felipe Massa are both cool because those dudes are both great racers and were often put off to the side as their teams signed younger cocky drivers who were supposed to be prodigies and they both took it with humility and just kept racing. I like Bottas too tho because he is one of the few younger drivers that actually has a personality and doesn't seem like an arrogant prick.

But yeah probably Vettel. Ever since the last few races when Red Bull was killing it and he was doing donuts at the end of every race. The team was telling him to stop because they might lose points and I think it was at COTA where he told his team something like "This won't last forever, we need to enjoy it now" as he was doing NASCAR style donuts around the track.

I like cars and Shit like everyone else here but you have to be a severe autist to enjoy racing

Dale Sr.
This guy used to lap the field 2-3 times back in the late 80's / early 90's routinely. Didn't matter if it was a super speedway or a short track. He completely dominated.

You have to be a severe autist to like cars and not like racing desu

This

easily most famous in the united states. In the world.. probably Senna.

My favorite of course is a drunken fin.

Randy Probst

Mainly because motor trend

Lots of guys used to lap the field before the competition level got high enough

Name ten.

Schumacher is probably the most household name, 7 championships and more recent than Senna

Andretti or Gordon might be more popular in the south

Most famous is probably the earnhardts but that's probably only true in burgerland. The only other merican racer I can think of would be Richard Petty. Then you have tsuchiya, although he isn't really famous as a race car driver.

Colin McRae is plenty popular, and as much as it pains me Ken Block technically counts.

Really the most famous racer should be Graham Hill, the only man to ever achieve the triple crown of motorsports

all of those people are pretty obscure outside of fans of their respective disciplines

youtube.com/watch?v=uVlO-iMDoNQ

youtube.com/watch?v=8hUO-XP9bQw

tony "killed a kid" stewart

>there are still people who believe this was anyone but Ward Jr's fault

Seriously this. I quit watching NASCAR races with my dad when he died.

>get out of car on active racetrack to run out and shake your fist at someone

sorry but that kid broke basically every rule of what you do after crashing

tony stewart hits people whenever he gets mad

he also punches people whenever he gets mad

he purposly veered into the kid and killed him

k

Then why hasn't he been charged with murder?
Stay btfo

the kid literally ran out in front of his car lol

because he is rich and the kid he killed was not

tony stewart has a history of lashing out

youtu.be/Zsyx5dzKGjg?t=309

Tony Stewart gets physical when he gets mad, sure, but he's never shown any inkling of homicidal tendencies. Some people solve problems with nonfatal displays of dominance, you know, fighting. However, that is completely separate from intentionally committing vehicular homicide. Conflating those two massively different reasons for and intensities of violence is the exact reason we are having so much trouble with male youths in school these days, everyone has to solve problems with bickering and quiet backstabbing like a woman would, if you solve your differences with bonding and establishing dominance by fighting you're "sociopathic" and "deranged" and you get put on pills.

tl;dr: rivalry fist fights can be healthy and are natural occurances, and have nothing to do with murdering someone

Also his car moved exactly how it would move if trying to avoid a suddenly appearing obstacle, which is why he wasn't put in jail, and is still racing.

you can clearly see his rear tires skid towards the kid then snap back the other way

he intentionally hit the kid

this is what delusion looks like, everyone

>I don't know how dirt/mud affects tires: the post

Maybe Colin and Petty but the Earnhardt's are almost a household name, at least here in the south.

And I didn't say Graham was the most famous racer, he just should be.

There's never been a better racer.

Tazio Nuvolari is the only man close to Jim Clark.

yeah it's definitely a regional thing

tony stweart pls go

t. Ward Jr's father

>Who is the most famous racecar driver?
Probably Michael Schumacher do to his domination of F1 holding just about every record worth having. Also, Senna might be one because he's very memed about.

>Who is your favorite? Why?
My favorite is Graham Hill. He's still the only driver win the F1 championship, LM24, and Indy 500. Motorcycle racer Giacomo Agostini is another favorite.

Some of my favorite drivers currently competing are mainly ones that I grew up watching in American sportscar racing which include the likes of Johnny O'Connell, Peter Cunningham, Jan Magnussen, and Oliver Gavin. I'm also liking motorcyclists Jules Cluzel and Johnny Rea. .

>Who is the most famous racecar driver?
Probably Senna
>Who is your favorite? Why?
McRae, because Colin McRae Rally 2.0

David Pearson
Richard Petty
Cale Yarborough
Bill Elliott
Tiny Lund
Junior Johnson
Fireball Roberts
Bobby Allison
Neil Bonnett
Ned Jarrett

Add Terry Labonte he had a drought at the end of his career but he's still one of NASCARs greatest drivers

Also holy shit are you delusional
Dale Earnhardt won one (1) race as the only car on the lead lap

Mansell because best mustache

Are rednecks still ignoring that Jeff Gordon was a good driver?

Me

> Schumacher

He's a good driver but that doesn't excuse him from being a gay manlet

Senna

This

Chip Foose

Gonna get laughed at by this but i think Tsuchiya is cool because he was a street racer. Not like i know any other racers anyway, except Senna i guess.

Timo Salonen, most based rally driver. Really earned his nickname "Löysä" with his driving style.
Also the most accomplished driver of the Group B era

Only peolle who would laugh are contrarian burger loving faggots who don't know shit
Dori dori lost his license from street racing antics and it almost threatened his future prospects as a racer, but it made him famous among car guys and he went from there

Tsuchiya is fucking god tier and anyone who says otherwise is a cock suckers

>muh monkey driver.

>most famous racecar driver?
probably senna because muh ded while racing
>your favorite?
depends on the category, in f1 from all time Jim Clark and Potato-Schumi and curremtly Vettel

Is he still alive?

By alive I mean breathing, artificially or naturally.

>probably senna because muh ded while racing
so faggots that kill themselves are heroes?

How did he kill himself? The dude crashed while leading the race

Micheal Shoemaker

he died racing, clearly his fault.

Yes, he cant talk or move anything below his neck though. He breathes on his own from what I've seen though

Richard Petty.
Because Superbird.

Name anyone that has/had a better feel for a chassis than Senna.

Go on, I'll wait.

Nearly every native English speaker assumes "he killed himself" = suicide. Use "he got himself killed" instead.

TONY "KILLED A KID" STEWART

wow this thread is getting edgy

Fangio

ITT people not old enough to have watched any of these guys drive argue who is better

Tony "Put Him in the Dirt" Stewart

Peter Brock

Jim Clark

Kimi Räikkönen because he's basically autistic.

>the-legend.jpg

Not posting Walther Röhrl

You can't forget "Der Lange"

most famous Captain Falcon

favorite Tazio Nuvolari fucker pretty much came up with drifting in autosport which is how you had to drive the auto unions a lot of initial d is based on his rally exploits also enzo ferrari said he was the best ever

youtube.com/watch?v=ajO25EMDIVo

>Peter Brock
Funny that marlboro sponsored all the best and most well known racers

Monster Tajima
youtube.com/watch?v=c6wI_lBj3mc&t=28s
youtube.com/watch?v=cVCHrOalctw&t=70s

Rossi.

and currently, lorenzo, and because I love his riding style and the way he practices riding is very similar to mine.

Not currently riding faves would be mat mladin, kevin schwantz, anthony gobert and Noriyuki Haga.

mega cringe

oh, forgot to mention stoner.

What about Guy Martin? Aside from Rossi I think he's probably the only other motorcycle racer that normies would know.

This is fucking sick.

why the fuck is sebastien loeb not as famous as schumacher and similar? fucking 9 times world champion. and 78 wins.

WHY DID YOU DELETE THIS

same reason you probably don't know who toni bou is even though he's even more dominant than loeb.

He's not a racecar driver though, thats like saying Jeremy Clarkson

vimeo.com/4875982

Dat Johnnie Player paint scheme

Has to be one of the classiest looking open wheel paint jobs of all time.

The King

/Thread

>Rainbow warrior

yeah he was an hero.. Anyway youre retarded i believe his tie rod failed which led him off track

>he purposly veered into the kid and killed him

While high on weed.

>the true rainbow warrior

>the most famous
currently it's probably Lewis Hamilton unfortunately. AMG Mercedes are the face of these new power unit hybrids that are ruining F1. It might as well be a one-make spec series now.

No, the kid was allegedly high.

Keiichi Tsuchiya ftw

This

To have the balls to leave Honda at it's peak, and join struggling Yamaha, and win in that season was a hell of a ballsy move, and it payed off.

And flipping the finger to Biaggi back in Japan, legend