pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=flmpweHdeAc
youtube.com/watch?v=Odt3HsASnV4
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/134627
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=flmpweHdeAc

Is the Black K***ht Greatsword the best fucking UGS in the game or what

No, the vertical R1 attacks on ultra greatswords are dogshit.

The only reason people put up with that is because of the combo

REPOST

Hello people of /dsg/.
I just started DaS2 and I was wondering what build I should go?

I finished DeS and DaS on a melee build, DeS was sword & shield while DaS was a single sword.

I thought of spicing it up a bit and adding some magic.

What are some good Melee / Magic builds in DaS2

Best UGS is the Farron greatsword because you can actually hit people with it.

*gets parried*
whoops

>what is free aiming
>what are cross ups

Ds2 doesn't have builds, level everything you want because matchmaking is based on how many souls you've ever had, regardless of if you used them or not. A level 500 can invade a 100 if they've had a number of souls in the same window, and that window is very large.

Farron Greatsword is one of the hardest weapons to parry user. If you get parried with it you're bad.

Its problem is the lack of good hyper armor.

By that logic not a single straight or curved sword is good. Lots of shit can be parried against a competent player, but at least fgs is fast enough to hit and you can jump attack parry spam. No good player gets hit by a normal ugs.

>being too fucking shit to hit people with ultra weapons
You think you're clever and a "fast paced player" when you say things like
>Greathammers are just too slow to hit anything with.

But in reality you just admit that you're reaaaallllly terrible at spacing and prediction.
Which is fine, everyone has their own playstyle, but don't pretend like only fast attacks can hit things in PvP. YOU can only hit things using fast attacks. That's you.

powerstance blue flame

Leaning forward after attack is one thing, but can you imagine people constantly crouching while circling around each other? That would look comical, smurfs' battle ring.

Not very related, but one of the worst things in souls combat is that your speed going backwards is the same as going forward, which makes backpedaling to make opponent whiff a viable tactic, even though it's completely retarded. And there is no way to fix it, people would just play unlocked like they do in DaS2.
What are you talking about? Vertical UGS attack is the better one. Better range, better speed, better recovery. It's like a super halberd. Of course no AOE, but why would that matter if people would just roll through your attack anyways? Or are you talking about PvE?

Why is FUGS slower in Dark Souls 3?
Why doesn't it deflect attacks? It's the entire point of the weapon.
Why does VIT give far less returns in Dark Souls 3 than in 2 when armor and weapons are generally heavier and rings give less equip load?
Why does full havel's poise switch between getting staggered by the weakest tiny crab to tanking ultras just based on the frames of your swing?
Why is 40/40 Refined able to do everything better than other builds while requiring less stat points?
Why can you hit enemies beyond the range of your weapon model?
Why is estus so fast and nigh unpunishable?
Why are the covenant rewards so bad?
Why does investing 60 faith or 60 intelligence in a buff get you only 230 AR, when the game already has items that completely dispel your buffs?

Why did they go backwards in so many ways, like making buffs flat damage instead of based on the weapon's AR?
Why didn't this game learn from Dark Souls 2 and improve upon it?

It shits hyper armor at high poise.

Memehackzaki bro :^)

OK me again, did a bit of research and this is what I ended up with.
Just keep in mind I'm not trying to be super competitive or finish the game on NG+ or anything, just have fun.

Hexes - while it seems to fit, I just don't feel a good connection to it, seems a tad boring and everything requires souls.
Pyro - Almost everything is just pure spells, almost nothing to do with Melee / no synergy.
Sorc - Looks like the best fit, tons of weapon buffs and all the homing skills / Soulmass being great when you cast and switch to melee.
Miracles - Again, looks great, a bit more defensive than Sorc more like a Paladin build(?) where you can heal yourself and buff up and go apeshit in melee.

Did I hit the mark? anyone tried out a certain build and give me some insight?

Also I started off as a Cleric, should I start over if I want to play as a Sorcerer?

Because DS3 is shit

Ace work on Oceiros, thank you.

You're going through High Wall and this guy slaps your phantom's ass.
What do you do?

Superior a-team design

I hated Bloodborne (the DLC was neat but still) and I had a feeling that they would ruin DS3 with Bloodborne design aspects. Sure enough, they did.

Remember to punch the wall behind the chest in the middle Bad***

Man, never felt that filtered name was more apt than when I fucked up with the resin.

Forgot picture

HURR GANK SQUAD BOSSES HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Hollow or quality

what says holds true for pvp, but against bosses the extra bleed is noticeable

in pvp people will usually bleed in the same number of hits regardless of infusion, so you're better off with the AR from quality, but hitrounding isn't as big a deal against bosses and their larger healthbars means bleed has got a larger total to divide hp off of

but going back to pvp, you really do get more damage from quality. you can compare 40/60 refined builds to 40/40/30(+10) hollow builds, and refined will usually come out on top while letting you bless your offhand for hp regen. You can also compare 40/40 to 26/40/[as much luck as you can get] and you'll also tend to get more AR from refined

you can respec in 2 so it isn't as big an issue

also matchmaking is sm based instead of sl based

>Why does full havel's poise switch between getting staggered by the weakest tiny crab to tanking ultras just based on the frames of your swing?

Because poise was actually improved. Making you able to poise attacks while not swinging a heavy weapon is bad design. Just imagine Havels with Curved Swords and the like. Poise was an unbalanced mess in Dark Souls 1, and really shitty in 2. I'd say its in its perfect state in 3, except I'd rather not have it at all and go back to pure hyper armor like in DeS.

>parries the charge
nothin personnel

No user, I'm not speaking from the perspective of the ultra user. I just don't get hit by ultras, all you have to do is dodge around them until you out-stamina them then hit them when they try to back off for a recovery, which is easy enough to predict because they can only swing so many times. The only time l ever get hit by ultras is in a gank, and that's only because I was already staggered by another person.

has anyone seen this yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=Odt3HsASnV4

he even rolls.

I would slap your shit so hard in a duel for speaking such nonsense.

>DS2 doesn't have builds because of soul memory
Don't listen to this idiot.

Dark Souls 2 matchmaking is always within ~10% of your current soul level if all you do is level up. Every time you buy something or lose your souls, you fall behind players who only leveled up. You need to spend/lose >500,000 souls in a single play-though for it to make any noticeable difference.

Don't die and lose your souls, don't spend souls on items you aren't going to use, simple as that.

The window is not very large. The only way a Soul Level 500 character can invade a Soul Level 100 character is if the Soul Level 100 character lost >250x the number of souls they spent on leveling up, which is not even possible to do without being on NG+7 and having most weapons in the game completely upgraded.

And even then, he's asking about PvE, not PvP.

Why didn't DaS 2 learn from 1 and improve on it?
Why didn't DaS 1 learn from DeS and improve on it?

Because they don't care about what most players see as improvements and it's time you guys realised that most stuff you like is something they did accidentaly

>all you have to do is dodge around them until you out-stamina them then hit them when they try to back off for a recovery,
wow. All you need to do is to play against bad players and then you win. Amazing...

Are you on PC and have a character at ~Sl120?

>what is free aiming

Two options, I think.
Either FROM is fucking sick of this franchise and resented the fact that they had to make this game, which resulted in little effort and care,
or someone upstairs is incredibly adamant about doing things "their way".
>a-team
Do people still ignore the fact that the first Dark Souls was made by a very different group than the third one? Really?

>Being able to use weapons in both hands.
>Accidentally.
>Accidentally got rid off it in DaS3.

>Why didn't this game learn from Dark Souls 2 and improve upon it?

Because when Dark Souls 2 came out literally everyone shit on it, there were 0 people defending the game and its mechanics. From saw that and dropped it like a hot potato, returning to the mechanics of the most loved game in the franchise. It makes sense.

Also I prefer the Dark Souls 3 poise system, and I'd take the fast Estus any day over the Lifegem system, which was terrible and ruined the game's resource management and the feel of exploration.

See image.

>hardest weapons to parry
you can parry the r1s on reaction

literally just stand still and wait for them to do something, it's the worst ugs

Prediction relies on the opponent being predicted first and the predictor second. It's necessary to use but exclusive reliance on it/winning with really weapons in general only indicates that your opponent was retarded. If you were narrowing options down as you went because you could understand flow and action progression that's one thing, but "I guessed he'd go left instead of taking a safer option," isn't really skill.

Please help.
I'm stupid.

I don't know mate. People in /dsg/ fightclubs are unironically pretty decent mostly and I always win lots of fights with ultras.

I don't know what kind of people you're fighting but if it can compete in fightclubs it's viable, and no amount of your theorycrafting will change it.

>got invaded in Horsefuck Valley
>Seed of Giant
>mfw

what is this bullshit? I like demon's souls, dark souls, bloodborne, and dark souls 3.

By this I mean how they thought dual wielding was no big deal. A lot of players liked it, but to from, it wasn't that important of a mechanic.
Also new engine is a significant factor.

That poster is right but here's the thing, we're not Fromsoft general, we're dark/demon's general, there's no issue discussing the company or anything else, but it's perfectly acceptable to be here and not like 1 or 2 games of the series

>twinking
Way to go showing you have absolutely no skill and need to pick on new players. Neat cosplay though. Also, champions charge is one of the most broken weapon arts in the game.

Nope. Ps4 and pure invader here, highest I've ever leveled was 75 for a pyro, 60 for everyone else, with weapons at +4/3. But the situation I'm talking about is in the duel arena against a variety of players, some bad some not. I'm not saying ultras LITERALLY can't hit, but they are straight up hard-countered by a regen shield/ring, and stamina management, and they're soft countered by just the latter.

Fyi, I love ultra weapons and have success with them, but that doesn't change how easy they are to out-maneuver.

>tfw still die a bunch to Abyss Watchers on every playthrough
Why am I so fucking bad at this game

It's hardly twinking in phantomsouls 3, user.

Just learn to aim them, nerd

The only bad thing about vertical UGS is that they're shit for crowd control but then you just switch to 1H

Oops fucked that up.
I don't know if this is a good idea or not.

>das2
>lost 10k souls

fUCK

>It takes no skill to beat the content I'm desperately struggling with at a level 1/3rd of mine!!!
ok faget

idk, every time i invade at high wall it's absolute noobs that spam r1
Kill them easily with unupgraded weapons and no rings, no idea how you see a challenge in full gear

That's nothing. Even for SM, unless you were doing twink.

I equip a dagger or a short sword and you can't do literally anything but spam charge

Hexes
>few enemies are weak to it
>few enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions
>best spell damage output
>high versatility of offensive and defensive
>highest stat/soul memory investment (50-70)
>best at mid-early game, and ng+

Sorceries
>many enemies are weak to it
>many enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions (can also do enchanted path)
>second best spell damage output
>primarily offensive
>moderate stat/soul memory investment (40-50)

>best at mid game

Faith
>many enemies are weak to it
>few enemies are resistant to it
>best melee buffs/infusions
>worst spell damage output
>primarily defensive
>low stat/soul memory investment (30-40)
>best at early game and late game

Pyromancy
>few enemies are weak to it
>many enemies are resistant to it
>decent melee buffs/infusions (but hardest to acquire)
>decent spell damage output
>high versatility of offensive and defensive
>lowest stat/soul memory investment (10-40)
>best at early and mid-early game

what?

>Dark Souls 2 came out literally everyone shit on it,
And yet it has a highest score on metacritic. So who is this everyone? Don't tell me "the fans", because FROM doesn't give a fuck about them.

>Earthseeker WA gives you no perserverance, despite being a faith weapon
>but the Quakestone Hammer does despite being literally a stone on a stick

yeah what the fuck?

more like dark souls 2 came out, it was one of the finest RPGs released recently, nothing could touch it, and then SOTFS came about and made it ten times better

>People in /dsg/ fightclubs are unironically pretty decent mostly and I always win lots of fights with ultras.
>I can win fights with ultrasound in rooms where people with meta weapons aren't summoned.
Banned: (you)

>>I can win fights with ultrasound in rooms where people with meta weapons aren't summoned.
...are you implying that people in the arena pose a bigger threat than people who will engage in passworded fightclubs?

l m a o

>bkgs and rhh perseverance have no stamina cost
>greathammer/hammers do
>onikiri WA has stagger and HA
>wolnirs holy sword WA doesn't even have HA
Quite a few things in this game just don't make sense.

>ultrasound
ultras*

>my password matched fightclubs are the only password matched fightclubs

Any compelling reason to do Smoldering Lake in DS3? Seems wholly optional.

>I like all the games

then that post is not about you.

It's about people who complain about how a game "changed" things and is now worse than its predecessor because of it, and pointing fun at how From Soft has been doing that for 15 years and they're just now noticing.

Every forum, stream chat, etc. Wherever you went, the game was hated. No idea why the Metracritic reviews were positive, I guess that's mostly from people who were new to the series. You can argue that people who complained were a vocal minority, but if that's the case then it was loud enough that it drowned literally everyone else.

>forgetting to mention faith's strongest offensive area

>praises prediction based gameplay
>simultaneously implies theorycrafting is bad

two undead bone shards and an estus shard, along with a bunch of upgrade materials an other good shit?

It's a paradise for Pyromancers
Also, you have to go down there for Anri's and Yuria's questlines

Lots of pretty good loot.

When it comes to UGS, in the Arena, people will never engage. They'll just keep whiff punishing you all day. In fightclubs, people actually go in and fight. Not sure how you can ever win in Arena with a UGS.

good pyromancer stuff, and lots of large titanite shards, and a good number of estus upgrades. Also, good amount of souls from the boss. And a gesture and new armor set purchasable from the shrine handmaiden. Also a good offensive miracle. Staff for dark characters too.

You want to be a cunt throwing out fireballs or a cunt spamming weapon art on the whip?

So what's your point? I win in the arena using them, I win in invasions using them, I win against ganks using them, I win in fightclubs using them.

By what measure does a weapon have to be viable in your eyes that this does not meet?

I'm so tired of you
>if a weapon doesn't meet my personal requirements it's trash
faggots

SOTFS is inferior to vanilla Dark Souls 2. All the changes are awful. Especially Heide, the extra petrified hollows, Iron Keep...

And yet they didn't fix any of the real problems the game had, like the elevator to Iron Keep, pile of rubble near Shrine of Winter, improving some of the awful animations, or dealing with some of the most broken hitbox enemies like the Gutter Dogs.

Are Pontiff's, SoC's and Friede's attacks designed to rollcatch panic rollers?

>but it's perfectly acceptable to be here and not like 1 or 2 games of the series

Agreed, but it's dumb as fuck to think that From Soft is stupid for not copying prior games and instead choosing to change things up, just because you liked one of the older games.

Yes, and they do a fine job at it too.

Literally just 1v1 me in the arena. I'll beat you with a greathammer or greataxe, your choice.
which platform are you on? If it's not PC, we can't duel, but then I would understand why you're saying these things so it's fine.

>implying you couldn't do that on a 10/10 build using firestorm, and not have to spend all the souls on leveling up fth/int

Soul appease is pretty badass in certain places though.

>SEE ME

I mean, what are you even going to do against someone only whiff punishing with a great axe?

>asks what the requirements for a non-trash weapon are
>immediately afterward says they're tired of people claiming that weapons which don't meet certain requirements are trash
why are you even responding to me

>Soul appease is pretty badass in certain places though.

It is. For some reason it works on rats too.

It's not user.
Dex cap for spell speed is 50, your vestiges will be very slow.
Steel protection is nerfed in PvP.
20 end could be improved on
Only one spell isn't making good use of that 40/40
You can drop 2 vit points and not be over the max weight
Spider shield is very bad, unless going for looks, pick etheral oak

>m'hollow

Some of the changes are questionable.
Some of them are good.

None of them are hands-down absolutely 'bad'. The worst is moving the bastille key to make lost bastille entirely explorable without going through the bell area. But even then, it makes sense -why- they did it (let players have more choice in where to go and make optional areas -actually- optional), I just disagree that it was worth losing the bell covenant activity for.

>And yet they didn't fix any of the real problems the game had, like the elevator to Iron Keep, pile of rubble near Shrine of Winter, improving some of the awful animations, or dealing with some of the most broken hitbox enemies like the Gutter Dogs.

Or restore the pre-release lighting system. There's no excuse for this since SOTFS brought the game to PS4 and Xbone.

I'm offering to show you. Do you want to theorycraft or do you want to actually fight and be proven wrong or right?

I like the ratbosses in ds2, bosses inflicting status effects is always pretty neat and adds to the difficulty. Kinda sad rats in ds3 don't inflict poison anymore.

>they moved one of the archers in the first half of Iron Keep so you can fight the Alonne Knights without being constantly sniped in the back
>this is somehow a bad thing because it's 2017 and people are still not used to Alonne Knight aggro ranges, despite them being 100% consistent to the point where you can easily fight them one at a time if you don't just YOLO into the room

>aldia keep dragon in sotfs doesn't attack you immediately, only when you kill 4 manually summoned red phantoms with broken animation cancels

It's a shame Cornyx did so little in DaS3. Irina has her whole little questline with two seperate endings and the Morne incident, and Orbeck gives you gifts and warms to you over the course of the game, but Cornyx just sits there next to his really ill dog.

He has a good amount of unique dialogue (not only does he something when you give him a pyromancy tome, but what he says when you talk to him changes after every one), but it's a shame he never gets up and fucks off somewhere or tells you more about himself or anything like that.

It's also a shame that Irina has no unique dialogue for any divine tomes.

It has the highest metacritic score because all the dumb video game writers got on the dark souls bandwagon 6 months before dark souls 2 came out, and they had no sense of how to judge it qualitatively. These are the people who hated demon's souls because it was "unfair".

Well you don't need to fight me. Just post some Arena play. There's plenty of lame players there. Better yet, show me with a greathammer.

>Kinda sad rats in ds3 don't inflict poison anymore.
thank fucking god given how obnoxious ds3 rats are
>ng+7 fuckers
>enough HP to survive one swing of a greatsword sometimes
aaaaaaaaaaaaa

>Why didn't DaS 2 learn from 1 and improve on it?
>Why didn't DaS 1 learn from DeS and improve on it?
They both did, in many and vast ways

It's DaS3 that regresses

I'm not in the mood to record things when we could just fight and I show you.

Plenty of webms around of people winning arena fights with ultras, if that's what you want.