Hyundai performance parts?

I recently purchased a 2000 Hyundai coupe fx and am looking to upgrade fucking ANYTHING to make it run better. It's completely stock other than visuals. However, after a while of searching online, there's fucking nothing online. I'm Aussie so I'm trying to find local before giving up and going for international. Can anyone direct me the right way? I'm not too good with cars.

Other urls found in this thread:

importshark.com/
jattus.com/menupage.php?menu=1
sharkracing.com/
koreanautoimports.com/tiburon-2000-2002/?sort=newest
ebay.com/itm/OBX-Catback-Exhaust-Fits-1997-1998-1999-2000-2001-Hyundai-Tiburon-2-0L-4Cyl-G4CP-/162335668084?hash=item25cbf5b774:g:XhEAAOSwEjFXctJR&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racing-Street-Series-Suspension-Coilover-Kit-For-Hyundai-Tiburon-97-01-/191877518932?hash=item2cacca9654:g:8hYAAOSw8w1X~X37&vxp=mtr
ebay.com/itm/4x-Japan-Racing-JR7-15x8-ET35-4x100-114-White-Alloy-wheels-rims-/172447603597?hash=item2826ad9b8d:g:NVgAAOSw5cNYWVDz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

before doing anything remember there are proper steps to modify a car. First pick wheels and tires. Then brakes. Make sure your wheels are large enough to clear the brakes you want. Then suspension. And THEN go for engine/transmission mods.

That said, here's a few links to be of use.
importshark.com/
jattus.com/menupage.php?menu=1
sharkracing.com/
koreanautoimports.com/tiburon-2000-2002/?sort=newest

Save your money for when you're off P'plates and can have a good car.

That's what the guy I bought it from did. Got off his P's, sold this, and bought something he could spruce up. Any recommendations?

Thanks a ton for the links. Bookmarked them and I'll review them later. It's 6:30am and I haven't slept yet

Here's a good upgrade for your Hyundai, OP.
It's gun..... kill yourself

I think these things can take a 4G63 swap with relatively little effort.

>it's gun
No comment

>relatively little effort
How little is little though if we're replacing the entire engine

Looks like I was mistaken, the 4G63 is a pretty much plug-and-play swap on some Hyundais but not the Tiburon/Coupe. Its engine is quite similar to the 4G63 in design though, so many people have had success with just slapping a turbo on it.

>doing up a Hyundai

For what purpose?

Aah fair enough. cheers for the info. Really appreciate it. Also does the Tiburon = the coupe? If so what the fuck is with the names. Like I said, I'm not good with cars. More of a computer guy.

Well what do you recommend? I'm open to suggestions that aren't just kys

Yeah, the Tiburon is called the Coupe in certain markets.

Yeah, Coupe FX was sold in the states as Tiburon which is why the links provided have shark in the url

Gotcha. Cheers for that. Would've been lost for hours

I thought I hit the "a" button. Sorry I made a typo. I can 100% say for sure that you have never made a typo before on Veeky Forums, faggot.

This is for you. It's a gun. Kill yourself, hypocrite faggot.

Who hurt you, user? Tell us your story

v6 or i4?

I used to have a 2001 i4 FX coupe.

I honestly wouldn't bother doing too much to it. V6 had some kind of following and aftermarket in korea.

I kept mine bone stock. at most I'd have just changed the wheels. maybe you can find a catback exhaust or a new air intake for it.

rest in peace, sweet dog eater coupe.

Wait till you're off tour Ps and wisely use your money upgrading something better.

What do you guys suggest then in terms of cars? It's an i4 so I'll probably follow your advice and go for something else.

ebay.com/itm/OBX-Catback-Exhaust-Fits-1997-1998-1999-2000-2001-Hyundai-Tiburon-2-0L-4Cyl-G4CP-/162335668084?hash=item25cbf5b774:g:XhEAAOSwEjFXctJR&vxp=mtr

some nice and simple Rota or sparco wheels on top of that, and you're pretty set. I'd personally go for a new air filter or air box too. but that's just me.

like this, again though, don't bother trying to make it fast, because it will never be fast. make it a bit more zippy and nicer sounding, that's all it needs, its plenty fun already stock considering what it is.

keep it, its a fun simple car. I used to call it the thinking mans integra and celica.

whenever you got the money in the future, go to a light rear wheel drive. mazda MX5, S2000, GT86, MR2.

It's a simple car, so use it to learn how2cars. Parts are cheap and it's easy to work on, so get a workshop manual and do the work yourself.

Start simple and slowly move on to bigger, more difficult jobs, and use the money you saved to put towards your next car so you can buy something nice if this one bites the dust.

this.

its really not a bad car at all, the 1.6l dohc beta engine is sweet. I sort of miss mine. its the car that made me love driving.

just have fun with it and learn how to go fast.

Was thinking of using this one to learn about cars, actually. Didn't really want to use it as a complete dummy that I'll scrap later but more of a 'I'm fine with slightly fucking something up in this' car. I'm forced to keep it for another year and a half I think, until I get off my provisional license so there's still time. Right now I'm debating between spending money on it and just saving completely. Had a lot of mixed thoughts in here.

absolutely, you go the perfect car for the situation you're in.

it won't do any skids, but its a well handling and light car by any standards.

get something like this, have fun trying to figure out installing it with your mates (protip, its fucking easy) some nice, simple and sporty wheels, and learn how to change your own brake components.

Tiburon is Spanish for Shark making the Tiburon one of 3 cars named after sharks. The others being the Opel Manta and the Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

V6 didn't become an option until 2003.

>hypocrite

what

That's the car right now. He's changed what you see there, the exhaust, and the interior. I'll pull up the exhaust he put on in a sec

the 2.0l in the RD2 wasnt a V6?

That's why I said what I said you fucking moron, did your autism cause to make such a redundant post?

No, the 2.7 was the V6, basically a destroked 5G72

nope. It was a 2.0L Beta I4. the 2.7L was the V6.

>did your autism cause to make such a redundant post?
yes.

>5G72
wut. I think you mean 6G72

mother of christ

what I'd do, and again, this is just me. pull a 2sexy on it.

strip it out, get rid of the junky bogan wheels and bodykit. do brakes, functional lowering and proper wheels with good rubber on them.

then take it to the track and have fun.

the more you know

kinda obvious once you think about it i guess, 2.0 is a bit off for a v6, even a 90's korean one.

>yfw this does have a 1.8l V6

and a mazda people carrier if i remember right.

only guy I've ever known to own a MX3 is a homeless junkie now.

Full custom exhaust system comprising of;
-Genie extractors -High flow cat -2 different size resonators -X-force 6" cannon w/ 4" tip -2.25" pipe all the way through (replaced old pipe)

That's the exhaust.
'Do brakes and lower wheels' watchya mean by that? I mean yeah replace them but got any specifics or suggestions?

Learn how to replace brake pads/discs/calipers, put on some nice lightweight wheels, lower suspension just a little by putting in new shocks and springs.

Already scraping the fuck out of the front bumper getting in and out of the 7/11. Don't think lowering would be a good idea. Screenshotting everything in the thread so I'll take the rest of the suggestions. Cheers

It's cute, but a slow piece of shit.

>4" tip

thats what I got on my BRZ, and it's still completely childish and unwarranted.

you're probably covered for exhaust then.

>'Do brakes and lower wheels' watchya mean by that? I mean yeah replace them but got any specifics or suggestions?

my habit is to replace brake pads and brake rotors if i buy a heavily used car. i usually go with something that can take a beating on a track day when im first at it. its something you should look into and replace by yourself too, if you want to learn about cars, its a great way to start.

I have absolutely no idea about the aftermarket since I never modded by own, but some cheap coilovers could be pretty fun

ebay.com/itm/Megan-Racing-Street-Series-Suspension-Coilover-Kit-For-Hyundai-Tiburon-97-01-/191877518932?hash=item2cacca9654:g:8hYAAOSw8w1X~X37&vxp=mtr

like that. you might find some cheaper ones, just remember to do research on the companies you buy from.

far as wheels go, some rota ''imitation'' wheels are plenty good and fits asian coupes nicely. I'm on leave and im basically just sitting here sipping on cognac, so I could probably help you find some wheels in australia if you want.

>lready scraping the fuck out of the front bumper getting in and out of the 7/11. Don't think lowering would be a good idea.

thats the retarded fucking bodykits fault. I'd get rid of it and throw it in the bin, but if you like it, hey.

the owners are equally fascinating usually

There's always the option to put in a KL and turbo it.

And then proceed to torque steer into a wall.

>unwarranted
Yeah I kinda get annoyed by it at times. Mainly when I wanna go out just for a relaxing drive. He gave me a silencer with it but it's too much of a hassle

>but if you like it, hey
Wow was not expecting that. I quite like the kit the guy threw on it but at this rate, it'd either need replacement or removal. It's getting scratched up regularly so I'll probably look into that.

>I could help you find some wheels
Help me find a job first haha. Had one when I bought the car. Now don't. Came here for suggestions while I job hunt on the side. I'll take the suggestions for the wheels, just won't be able to grab limited offers or anything else for a while

bodykits are just dead weight. the worst thing you can do to a car is add weight. it spoils literally everything, speed, handling, braking.

do you know how wide the wheel on the car is already?

guessing from your image i'd say 16''. standard the car came with 15'' I believe.

bolt circle is 4x114.3 on your car as well, so it can share wheels with a lot of old school japanese sports cars.

these are enkei compe 15x8, gunmetal. I really love these myself, and its probably what I'd put on. these are proper quality wheels too.

car looks damn good with enkei RPF1 too, though. but then, everything does.

slightly expensive, but you can get very reasonable imitations for cheap from japan racing, if they're available in australia.

ebay.com/itm/4x-Japan-Racing-JR7-15x8-ET35-4x100-114-White-Alloy-wheels-rims-/172447603597?hash=item2826ad9b8d:g:NVgAAOSw5cNYWVDz

17" Lenso wheels w/ P Zeros 205/40/17, lock nuts all around 25mm hub centric spacers on the rear wheels (had them
cnc milled)

those are really big wheels for a little korean FWD coupe.

I'd put them back on some 15-16'', give them really beefy tires, and a tasteful set of lowering springs or coilovers.

this car will handle a lot lot better with proper wheels and tires.

What
Said would qualify for that, right? 15" rims but I'm not sure about the tires

He's right, the car will look retarded on 17s
16s are the biggest I'd go with a FX

I'll change that when I get the money. Probably to what said.

I really appreciate all the help you guys gave me.

Pretty much this Save up and buy a WRX or Skyline or something, don't bother tarting this shitbox up.

oh lawd