What would a drift-worthy Bel Air look like?

What would a drift-worthy Bel Air look like?

Covered in snow.

Invisible
Because they don't exist

probably something like this

this

drifting a car that expensive and heavy sounds masocistic

Non-boomer wheels, arches cut and flared to clear the wheels.

It's possible to make, but the end result would be WAY too expensive.

like this

>OP asks about a drift Bel Air
>posts a lead sled Mercury
you had trouble recognizing shapes in kindergarten, didn't you?

I probably didn't phrase the question right. I meant how would a Bel Air look like if it retained it's aesthetic, but was built for drifting.

Shit I didn't even notice

Like a wreck because these cars don't drift and apart from your horrid underage taste in motorsports you should stop pursuing the mere idea of it.

it wouldnt retain its asthetic

you would be trying to make somthing as heavy as a light bus drift ready

its gonna need totally reworked suspension and wheel arches and control arms

its gonna need an engine capable of moving a light bus sideways at high speed and its going to need massive brakes and no interior

the paint wouldnt be done at all because it would constantly be getting fucked up from kissing the walls as well as other cars

it really isnt doable you would burn through tires 10x faster than any other drift car competing

what you are asking is on the same level as trying to build a drift limo, yea its doable with enough money but there really isnt a point to any of it and no one will think you are smart for doing it

You don't understand, but that's ok because i no longer care.

1. these cars weigh about the same as a 350Z
2. there are kits to do this and people have been radiusing Tri-Fives since the 50s
3. easy once again there are kits for brakes
4. meh there have been rats of them forever too
5. wat
6. no

have fun building the ONLY bel-air drift car

everyone you talk to about this is going to think you are more wealthy than smart

building a drift car or any car for that matter isnt smart

theres no such thing as a smart car enthusiast unless they keep all their cars stock and simply maintain them

>these cars don't drift

>65/35 weight distro
>rwd
>available with a limited slip
>fairly light
>lots of low end torque

Care to share why they "don't drift"? Have you ever driven an old American car? I can go full opposite lock in mine at 10mph in the rain without trying.

Threads like this remind me most posters think cars have some magic quality that determines what they are capable of.

How bout you stop pursuing the mere idea of living and neck yourself

I tried but it only made me stronger.

It'd probably look like a wreck and/or a rust bucket, since it'd be senseless to waste a straight Bel Air body on a car that's gonna get banged up anyway.

With the literal decades of resto-modding that's been done on these cars, upgrading and tuning the suspension wouldn't even take anything special. There's probably a kit out there that'd fit everything you need.

Not a drift car
Not an argument

too bad op asked what one would look like and thats the best post so far not post a drift car

where is your argument at tho?

Can you induce oversteer with the gas pedal? Yes. It's a drift car.

Even without experience surely they've seen all the old 60s and 70s tv and film where they slide around streets like mad in Stock barges