/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Requesting More OP Pics Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg
pastebin.com/338KVa5X

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

GIFTS

Post more pretty girl pawns

Is there an alternative to blast arrows for melee users to defeat grigori?

old shot

>trying to 3* gransys knowledge
I knew I shouldn't have soloed too much for this character.

good fucking luck

>when she thinks she is winning

>but you just wanted a close up

Why's everything dripping with semon?

She saves it up I guess

So I've got the original DD on 360. If I pick up DD:DA can I still use my save from DD?

yeah

Solid thanks user, I'm desperate to play BBI

Mi loard

You can even transfer saves to PC, with the save tool

Alright, I'll try to write a sort of guide. It's going to be shit but I hope that the concepts will be clear.

>why is this needed?

Because the game is really easy and getting overlevelled is even easier. That mod is basically a way to limit the excessive stats growth before the game turns into something too easy.

There are people here who don't mind the fuckton of exp the game tosses them, so I think that you can play the game as it is first and then decide. Just keep in mind that this alternative exists and use it if you feel like you're levelling up too much.

>What version is best

It depends on your own playstyle, but have my opinion:

If you don't care about secondary quests/ fetch quests / playing and testing different classes and generally don't dick around, and just want to do a fast paced first playthrough, vanilla is still somewhat fine.

If you usually do a decent amount secondary contents, I'd recommend the Slight plot, without that normal mode is basically easy mode.

If you usually do a lot of secondary contents, want to play as many classes during the same playthrough, and want something harder, then the Steep plot.
If you won't do many secondary contents but want something that can resemble a hard mode, then the Steep plot + normal mode works fine.

If you are a completist who wants to complete the whole game in a single playthrough then the plateau plot is essential, I'm saying that because that's what I'm doing right now.
If you aren't a completist but still want to do a good amount of secondary contens and dicking around AND you want some harder challenge, than the Plateau plot + normal mode are your best bet.

cont.

Is this Kendra? If so, my favourite sorceress to hire.
Thicc, as they say

Third time's the charm. I think I've got the face of my Negro Arisen down now.

Went to the Miasmic Haunt as recommended on gamefaqs and the wiki and no comment on fireflys, perhaps I already got that one.
This is worse than I thought.

>tfw probably the only person in the general without pics of their pawn there

That's not a difficult thing to remedy now, is it? Show us your waifu, user!

Oh I have plenty of pics, just not at that scene

cont.

>Wait, wait, what about the actual hard mode of the game?

In the OP there isn't written the a really important thing about it: hard mode gives you double exp.
That means that in the beginning you get one shotted, after that extra exp and extra money make it much, much easier,
As it’s written in the OP, the actually hard parts of hard mode are: skills taking a fuckton of stamina bar and knockback/stagger/knowdown resistance. That’s the fact, now have an opinion about it: the problem is that stamina is already absolutely fine in nomal mode, increasing his consumption and the extra knockback/stagger/knowdown resistance just make the gameplay poorer (the latter is especially true for red classes). Basically it’s much nearer to the concept of “artificial difficulty” than being a proper hard mode.

>Can’t I just play with less pawns?

You can, but less pawns means a a lot of extra exp, so in that case the AexpT mod becomes necessary.

You're not alone, cos.

She looks great user, especially because she doesn't just look like a white chick in blackface.

The only criticism I have is that she isn't a pawn.

>hit damage cap on urdragon with thousand kisses and sapfire daggers on balanced build
I didn't think it would be that easy, looks like he will be going down soon and I can finally kill the online dragon and get that now worthless armor set.

You could try warrior instead, and have fun trying to hit the cap.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'm going to make her the Arisen or the Pawn.
Whichever it is, pic related would fill the other role.

There's plenty of female pawns already so I figured demand would be higher for a manly man.

I bet that would fun.
I should really try a warrior playthrough, really enjoying my strider right now though.
It is killable now if anyone cares.

dont worry user I forgot to take a pic of that scene too.

T..thanks!

This post needs more attention.

G R A C E
R
A
C
E

I don't have any pictures of my pawn there either, you aren't alone!

Hey that's really pretty! I was trying to make my Arisen be brown and not just an off-color white person myself, but you really nailed the look.

I am just glad I was finally awake to get it in.

Mylo lookin' blazed asf there.

>tfw bullying Death with magick archer
Wow and here I thought it was underpowered.
Shame about the stat growth though.

>At work
Darn. What gen are we up to anyway?

WHY ARE YOU THERE
YOU ARE A RANGER WHY

Gotta punch that helmet off mate

>Hey that's really pretty! I was trying to make my Arisen be brown and not just an off-color white person myself, but you really nailed the look.
Took a bit of trial and error though; pic related being the two previous attempts. The first one was good but looked too mature for my tastes, the second that tried to correct that looked a bit wonky as a result.

The good thing about being a racist /pol/ack is that you're more acutely aware of racial differences of all kinds, which helps a lot with this kind of thing.

Just use the mod m8

Don't even need to anymore, already leveled to 100 as sorc and raping anything and everything in BBI.
And I don't even have top tier MA gear yet.

perfect timing, thanks mate
saved me some cursed dragon farming

haha
his eyes are always closed.

>you must use the exp table mod general

Really should just rename that because theres always a couple of autists in this thread complaining about how the game progresses too quickly.

NG+ is there for a reason. There is literally no reason to 100% the game on your first playthrough. No reason to min-max due to stats from gear. No reason to sperg about mods and being "unplayable" without.

Getting kinda tired about this because almost every thread this comes up. If you're autistic, use exp tables. If you enjoy the game just fucking play it as-is.

No. Read above.

>if you enjoy the game you can only play it the way the developers intended
>you are an autist if you don't enjoy things the way they are made
wow

Welp, enjoy never risking dying on that NG+, I suppose.

>there is no inbetween, grey area of just enjoying the game and not actually min-maxing enough to give a fuck about such things

nice.

>playing without overleveling is min-maxing
I don't even

missed it again

>Hey guys I grinded goblins and have literally all vocations rank 9, completed all side quests and im still level 41 and I've been using the exp table (as suggested) I havent even went into stage 3 yet. and shitty as fuck armors as result

max. kek - is this a meme?

I think that bitching for no reason and don't understaning a single thing of what we said is much more autistic, user.

>NG+ is there for a reason.
Yes, that doesn't mean you don't still keep level up while the game keeping getting easier and easier.

> There is literally no reason to 100% the game on your first playthrough.
As you can see I considered completing the whole in a single playthrough just a peculiar case, I didn't say that people must do that.

>No reason to min-max
Fucking duh. user, why are putting so much words into your mouths, what makes you so irrational.

>Getting kinda tired about this because almost every thread this comes up.
Nobody cares about what triggers your autism. Just don't try to distort what people say so hard.

>If you enjoy the game just fucking play it as-is.
Yeah, no, if one of its flaw can be somewhat fixed I'm not going to ignore it, neither I should shut up about it just because it triggers your raging autism.
Seriously, try again when have some actual arguments or when you learn to read.

No. You shouldn't min-max at all AND I also recommend a way to not get overlevelled. Not only those things aren't mutually exclusive, they aren't linked at all. Seriously, what's your problem?

It does prevent you from ending up with a shitty lv200 pawn with shitty mid tier gear that no one wants to hire.

>Daimon second form
That was incredibly disappointing. If you know how to dodge roll it's completely trivial. Worried more about my lack of stamina than anything he was doing.

how do you get to 200 with only mid tier gear
Do you just wander around the everfall forever? Surely this is hyperbole

He's easier than the first form for a lot of people. Try it with warrior if you actually want a challenge.

hard mode and abusing blessed flowers.

>playing a version not shipped with the original game with optimizing xp boosts can result in gear lacking behind
dam my nigga

>hard mode and abusing blessed flowers.

>It does prevent you from ending up with a shitty lv200 pawn with shitty mid tier gear that no one wants to hire.

So that contradicts your main point; Are you going to abuse level the game or play normally. EXP table mod is not required unless you want to OP yourself before NG

>what is throttling
Quite simple- Holding off on nonsensical quests? such as the ones that give 5000 exp for killing snow harpys?

To imply the exp table mod is needed to enjoy the game is PURELY based on the player.

it is if you're on PC.

I mean yeah sure, but it wasn't shipped with the original game, and this is capcom, so it's gonna be totally unbalanced

>is throttling required to enjoy the game if I'm not using the exp table mod?

answering this question before it even comes up. No. You can play through the game normally without even paying attention to throttling and still have an excellent experience. NG and Hard Mode were designed to expand upon this.

This isn't Dark Souls twinking try to NG+ at level 1 with all equipment. It plays as most recent bamco games do in menus and that's it.

Post some reactions to that twat on the rock

throttling is also not killing every single random ogre / chimera/ drake you come across as they respawn. A lot of new players end up inadvetadtely grinding those through travel and can lead to more exp than wanted; one of the loading screens says theres no shame in fleeing from a foe. take that into consideration

Or maybe, you know, you just like play the game while being overlevelled while other people don't.

>is PURELY based on the player.

Which is exactly what I wrote . I tied to explaing which of the setting could suit a specific playstyle.

While I still don't get the point of your whining. You hate that some people consider the amount of exp a flaw, we got it. Now, why should we care about that. So far you have just shat all over the thread with not even a single valid reason.

I have 47 hours in the game, rank 9 vocation sorcerer on my main and my pawn, Sinew on both (fighter leveled). Ranger level 6 on both.

My main is level 33 and I have the entire world map opened and I've not entered into stage 2 yet.

I have not abused items (such as blessed flowers)
Im building a magic archer and I have the rank 9 vocation augments from sorc and I will gain the clout from warrior.

STAGE 2. no exp table mods, no help.

If you cannot throttle yourself then you have no place in trying to min-max. Each level has been leveled by either sorcerer or strider for max stat gain. you can do this without mod help.

Nah, fuck you man, I still remember how I got 7 levels by just fucking around one night. The leveling of this game is terrible for an open world kind of game.

because you were probably drunk and doing redundant quests + fighting drakes and shit

Daimon punishes you with extra exp for not keeping your pawns alive through the fight.

so guys I need a real big favor I need a bloodred crystal.

if anyone has one I can have I will gladly pay you back in pawn rentals for it.

plz send it to Yvonne 55 warrior

Why not earn one yourself?

Nope, just fucking around on a night adventure, like an open world game is supposed to work.
It's cute how you think that playing an open world game like it's supposed to be played it's " throttling".

>doing redundant quests

Weren't you talking about how we should just play the game? Now we can't play the quests that you think are redundant? Why not writing a giude about how we should play the game to not get overlevelled. Oh, wait, there already a mod and let us play the game how the hell we want without getting too levels.

I have tried but they wont drop let them suck me till im almost dead but they wont drop one.

what is there not to understand? You complain about over leveling. Instead of blindly killing everything around you, its "Oh I need a mod"

When you could've avoided the exp. If you don't want the exp then dont take it? It's not shoved in your face and to have a mod as a crutch is laughable for a game like this.

You could -literally- beat the game unarmed and be over-leveled.

It depends on how you play it as with all bandai/namco recent "souls"-y games.

I mean hell they even rehashed the menu button sounds.

And the quests all blatantly state their rewards. You are taking on a quest to kill 10 snow harpys for x amount of exp.

THESE QUESTS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROGRESS.

they are crutches

>wtf did he just say?

What neck piece is olra wearing?

best-fu

>Instead of blindly killing everything around you, its "Oh I need a mod"
Yeah, instead of just having fun with the combat, trying and learning how to use at best a new vocation and in general just going on adventure in an open world I should instead say "holy shit that could get me overlevelled, let's skip all those fights!". No fuck you, man, seriously. First you preached about playing the game, but it's clear who actually cares about playing the game here.

>When you could've avoided the exp.
I want to play the game and avoiding the fuckton of exp. I don't want to not play the game to avoid the exp. what is there not to understand?

>It's not shoved in your face and to have a mod as a crutch is laughable for a game like this.
You are suggesting toavoid playing the game to avoid getting exp. Nothing can be more laughable than that.

>You could -literally- beat the game unarmed and be over-leveled.
The hell are you are even trying to say.

>>Instead of blindly killing everything around you, its "Oh I need a mod"

>No fuck you, man, seriously. First you preached about playing the game, but it's clear who actually cares about playing the game here.

>implying it's a 1:1 discussion

>It's not shoved in your face and to have a mod as a crutch is laughable for a game like this.
You are suggesting toavoid playing the game to avoid getting exp. Nothing can be more laughable than that.

not as laughable as killing every single drake / chimera/ etc as soon as you see it because OMG SO EPIC BATTLE then "OH CRAP I LEVELED UP". That is you.

>You could -literally- beat the game unarmed and be over-leveled.

Honestly at this point wondering if you've even played this game or not.

you can beat the game naked at level 1

w-would you summon me?

The argument here is basically that one user finds it a little bit annoying that this mod is preached the instant someone asks about playing the game. His reasoning is that the game is just fine as-is, and if you don't believe that, it's fine.

But lay off the advertising that mod unless someone explicitly asks about it, or mentions something directly relevant to it.

>My main is level 33 and I have the entire world map opened and I've not entered into stage 2 yet.

What you wrote doesn't make sense, stage 2 starts after off with its head, being lv 33 before it would be insane, especially for someone like you you that suggests to skip fights and quests.

Anyway, user, I know that it could be shocking to read it, but nobody cares about you.
But let's say that suddenly everyone takes you as a the model of the ideal gamer and play the game like exactly like you want: not matter how you play the game, at worst that mod can make the game harder by slowing the stats growth. And the game is objectively easy as fuck. That's all.
I know that it's impossible, but please, try to understand that you are shitting the thread just because your autism got triggered for nothing.

Thank you. Jeez.

Seriously.

>know... what?

Or mod it yourself.

His pawn is a retard

>Anyway, user, I know that it could be shocking to read it, but nobody cares about you.
>But let's say that
>everyone isnt a dribbling retard and takes on every quest available, fights endless redundant mini bosses(which give large amounts of exp) then jump on vg and bleed vagina over how upset you are about overleveling / circle jerking on the exp table mod

Seriously. what the fuck are you on about.

Please guys help a fisherman out.

Time spent here begging is time you could have used killing a few more strigoi after letting them absorb you.

When did all of this ass hurt start about helping someone out i remember back in the day people loved helping each other on this game

>im not resetting the midnight helix as we speak

How about this. Use dll hooks to give yourself one. What's the difference?