BMW General

Looks like the BMW general died as the old thread poster disappeared, presumed dead (Rest in Peace)

B M W G E N E R A L
Rules:
No debadging
No CAI, catback, and a tune
No aftermarket wheels
No gypsies

Any new projects? New parts? New car acquisitions? Traffic superiority stories?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K0z9bdsUJiY
images.craigslist.org/00i0i_cdUPo1DeZ4z_1200x900.jpg
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5969544847.html
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bmr parts sacramento&lrd=0x809ae81ca5299c57:0x1bdb98a2c7d2ad,1,
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5972855810.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I was a skeptic for the longest time but I am happy to admit that the despite the reputation of the 3 series as being fuccboi entry level beamers, they are actually damn luxurious cars. yeah the power is lacking in the 4 cyl variants, but at least you're comfortable. even the back row. it's all just so god damn refined. they really are nice cars.

Wait what happened to the threads and the OP?

These threads always die, the only reason they stuck around recently was because a couple attention whores who will not be named turned it into their own personal blog.

what kind of bmw is that OP?

A concept car meant to be a tribute to the old CSL

So how bad do white BMWs yellow? Planning on buying a 335i which has a 90% chance of being white.

any suggestions for shift knobs? I bought an adapter piece for 12x1.25 but it slips. gonna try some blue locktite but prob end up returning it if i find a good enough one that fits good on stock

bmw paint is pretty durable, better then your run of the mill Japanese car

>no tuning

Y u mad tho

I posted like 3 bmw generals back to back... Driving the car is more interesting than telegraphing about it on a mongolian throat singing exposition

Maybe, but I've seen a lot of yellowed X3s. I imagine it's more UV protection than durability that's important here.

Only attention whores I know were that one user with the old 7 series and that's about it

Just bought a South African edition 1990 325i, new to cars and thought I'd get one as there's a lot of e30s on NZ.
>owned 2 subis before this and drove them into the ground
Really want to not fuck this one up hehe

both my e60 and X5 came factory debadged, idc

Does BMW make any modern manual, awd, coupes or sedans?

My desire is a sedan (or coupe) with awd, manual and has decent power for no more than 30k

I was looking at Subaru wrx but I noticed that BMW has some awd sedans but some of my local dealers Ive been looking at for used don't have them in manual, do they even make a manual anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=K0z9bdsUJiY
Or E90/E92 335xi if F30/F32 is too expensive

Best car reporting

>tfw car depreciated ~$2000 in less than two years

Yes. I found this from a quick Craigslist search:
images.craigslist.org/00i0i_cdUPo1DeZ4z_1200x900.jpg

Fucked up the link.
sanantonio.craigslist.org/cto/5969544847.html

Not modern though, thats about to be two generations old

My kind of "modern" is made in the last 2-3 years. So as far back as 2014 as the oldest.

I saw a 335i at a dealership it has a 6 cylinder turbocharged engine. However I dont know the difference between the "turbocharged" and "twin turbo power" they advertise. This particular 335i was a 2016 with like 17k miles and they wanted 35k for it

I'm also upstate NY but I'll check there

you used to be the biggest anti BMW shitposter, what happened

If its a twinpower then its a single dual-scroll turbo

ZHP knob. It's oem lightly weighted and feels good in the hand.

twinpower refers to the type of twin scroll turbos they use. some of the 335i's were twin turbo, some were single turbo.

Generally which one is better?

sorry none of the 2016 335i's are twin turbo anymore. only the Z4 uses that engine now. everything else single turbo.

Oh man there's so many different kinds of BMW sedans

328i 335 and 320 they're all a little different and I can barely tell the difference beyond engine and the slight changes in cosmetics

That's really not bad desu, especially if the car is newer. An S Class depreciates $10,000-$15,000 a year for the first 2 years. Compared to the starting value, thats a 20-30% decrease.

Oh man there's a 3 series grab tourism Jesus why are there so many of similar cars?

there is no change in cosmetics for a 320/328/335 (except the number of exhaust pipes)

>BMW
>Rebuilt Title
>76,000 miles
For the love of God, user, please don't do it to yourself. The price is low and alluring for a reason. You're better off getting a 2014 435i with 30k miles for $30k. I know the price is a lot higher but you're gonna pay it one way or another: Either in repairs on the salvage title car or in price on a clean title, newer, lower mileage car.

So what's the real difference? Engine? Any interior differences?

I was wondering what happened to these threads.

It's been a fucked up past few months because some drunk mexican totaled my 335 back in August. Literally the night before classes started. Trying to find a replacement within 1000 miles was a complete clusterfuck and buying a new car in general is a stupid headache.

Fast forward to two days ago and I finally have a replacement; a car I've wanted for a really long time. Moral of the story: keep your chins up bros. Things can work out.

pls subscribe

look up N54 vs N55 engines. N54 has the added meme value

how do you prefer the M3 to the 335?
the numbers are performance trims i.e different engines

What's the difference between the m3 and 335i?

335i is the ''normal'' model with the most powerful engine option
M3 is the ''racing'' model with a sports engine, sports transmission, suspension, different body parts (wider arches, more aero etc)

I'm sorry for asking so many questions but do m3s come in manual and are the awd? And generally how much more do they cost over 335i?

Also which is a better daily driver?

I live in upper NY, are BMW awd sedans good in the winter?

no M cars are awd but all of them have had manual transmissions available (except the X5m/X6m SUVs)
A 335i costs about $15k, an E92 M3 costs around $30k but you can buy an older M3 like the E46 M3 for about $20k or the old E36 M3 for about $5000-10000

I think I'll look for the 335i then, probably looking for a 2014-2016 with low miles and in my region the come I at about 30k

What's your holy grail Bimmer? I'm talking about the kind of car you'd mortgage your own house for.

yes but a twin turbo n54 straight 6 will not have the words twinpower turbo on the engine cover

How would I find out? The VIN?

I see a ton of E30s around Auckland too. It's actually super suprisingly lol 3 series are really popular here. I'm always seeing them up to E90s (which I own).

this or the E9 CSL batmobile

Yea I bought it off a dude over in Devonport, had 5 E30s just for parts
Any good car meets in Auckland?

Is there anything that makes the South African E30s distinct?

Yea custom grey leather seats, a toolbox in the boot door, and in some editions a flamethrower alongside the vehicle under the doors
>carjacking, rape and murder in 80s SA so prevalent that deadly deterants needed

I wanna get a new-ish BMW 335i, xdrive and in manual. Are these cars that I should worry about if they already have like 70k miles?

What are some solid V8 BMWs that can still be found for decent prices? All the 540Is I find are either beaten to death by ricer teens or owned by old cucks who think they're worth more than they are.

e38 7 series (735i/740i)
e34 540i

I dont go to many car meets but if you go on the NZ BMW facebook groups or any other car groups I think they organise them.

Parts mountain growing, having trouble finding euro bumpers. Anyone had any good experience with BMW salvage yards? There are a few not too far from me, but for some reason they are offended at the proposition that people want to give them money for parts, and do everything possible to prevent it from happening. I called this yard last week
>hey I am looking to buy a set of sport seats and Euro bumpers, looks like car 123 has both
I DON'T KNOW IF WE EVEN HAVE THAT CAR ANYMORE
>Well, can you go check?
NOT RIGHT NOW
>If the seats and bumpers are in good shape I'll give you $1500 for all of them with the brackets
WELL I DON'T KNOW IF WE HAVE THAT CAR
>Do you want my contact info and you can call me after you check?
Nah, just call and check another time

Some of the 130 1 star reviews are pretty funny/sad
google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=bmr parts sacramento&lrd=0x809ae81ca5299c57:0x1bdb98a2c7d2ad,1,

>that car

I found a 325e with a bad engine for $500. I'm going to swap my M20B25 into it from my 325is. Looks like I'll be getting another E30 soon.

I've been spending some time at my local BMW shop also and I have e a few pictures of some cars they have.

318ti with way too much money out into it.
>Bilstein coilovers
>Full M3 front suspension
>Full solid bushings in the rear
>supercharged
>3.73 LSD

2002 with M44 swap, factory Aplina widebody

And shaved rear bumpers

>that reflection
>that FMIC """"""""upgrade""""""""

please be trolling

Ah mhd. N55 I'm guessing? My buddy hacked their app and got all the licences and tunes for free. Too bad mine's N54 so I had to pay up ;_;

One of the guys cars. M50 swap E30 with nitrous. I didn't take this picture.
I went for a ride in it, it was completely different than how my E30 felt.
Don't have any pictures, but that's an E30 M3 lightweight I'm the background too.

Is this a good deal for an E30, Veeky Forums?

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5972855810.html

If I were you I wouldn't buy a 325e, or a 4 door. But if you don't care about being slow or having 4 doors go ahead.
I hope you know what you would be getting in to.

>2007 BMW M6
>$18k
>77k miles
>V10
>7 speed semi auto
>rear wheel drive

Do i do it?

I mean E36 M3 lightweight whoops.

>Trying to get a picture of the wide body

If you can afford the maintenance, there's a reason you see so many of that gen m5 and m6 for cheap though...

A really tough one between the E31 and E32.
Probably have to lean towards the E32, the car that managed to win my heart despite all the headaches they've given me.

Bump

A completely mint condition e28 535is

Genuine question, I've got a 2000 z3 that has a dented hood and a fucked radiator and a broken starter. Unfortunately I can only find the hood for the car for like $800+. Also I have no idea how to repair pic related for cheap. How much would it cost to get it fixed at a body shop, or is it even possible?

pic of the hood

It's repairable but would cost more than the value of the car by a large margin to do everything properly

>No gypsies
huh?

>tfw no E46 M3

aight Veeky Forums i've been convinced into doing an m52 swap on my 318is. (manual 328's are rare in my country mostly all auto) and my 5spd will bolt up no worries.

can anyone help me identify what these three parts are? I don't see them on everyone's m52's but the ones that are mostly stock they are on. cheers.

If your in the US & you really want to keep it; then the cheapest option is to buy a salvage car and pull parts. From what I see you'll need to pull a hood, headlamp, radiator support, radiator, cowl & fan, ac piping(which is rusting anyways) and maybe seat-belt re-tractors since yours may have blown the pyro charges. If you bought all of these at a wrecking yard I'd guess it's be around 1.5-2K total. You can buy a salvage car at an insurance auction for 500-800 or a z3 w/ busted engine of CL for 1-1.5k. It's probably not worth the trouble unless your upside down in a car loan.

good luck

that's not standard m52 engine, I'm sure that's modded engine.

number 1 seems refrigerant hose? /abs module? brake fluid were there though.

number 2 it's for cooling alternator? stock m52/m54 have that.

number 3 horn?

My gear stick acts funny. I have to percisely guide it into gear. As im bad at terminology, what is the OEM code for the rubbers (im told) that make gearshift move smoothly between gears again. It wobbels atm even in gear.
I hope you guys understand, thanks in advance.

Btw its E36 318i, 1997, manual

Shifter bushings?

I really need one of these in good condition, how much did you buy it for mate?? I cannot find any good quality ones anywhere in the country

this is a very first world problem but you know what really irritates me so much? modern regular bimmers with ///M looking chins

i see an f10 from the front and I'm like "oh shit is that an ///M5?“ then i go around it just to find out it's just a 535i

>inb4 people get mad I used slashes

Does Veeky Forums have any advice in looking for an E30? I've never had a fun car or invested heavily into Veeky Forums stuff so I'm pretty ignorant. But I saw one on the street and fell in love.

That's a bit gory m8. NSFW desu.

>I saw one on the street

Well hello 1983 where have you been all that time

>E30
Khristian?

It was a guy just cruising around. It looked beautiful.

Jake?

From state farm?

But seriously here, I'm worried about maintenance. Most of these cars are over 150k. How long could one reasonably expect it to last? What are the main things to keep track of to improve longevity?

Is the subject of this thread "Information Desk of Retardville"? We're not going to walk you through the entire process of a buying an e30 flavor of the month meme mobile. Look up one of the 5000 google results.

Retardville doesn't have an information desk, stupid.

Mine has almost 400k and I daily it. It's never had any problems.
That should be enough for you

Thanks.

1.Secondary air pump for intake manifold
2.Cooling for altenator
3.Cruise control