As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here...

As a Chinese person living in Canada, I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here. I'm very proud of my homeland to go from a agrarian poverty stricken country to a major industrial power within half a decade! There were some bumps along the way, but seeing where they've come today, I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon. (Provided it passes all the crash tests with a good rating). Go China!!

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/aSFTC
youtube.com/watch?v=kwEDdrVqBas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-45
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinas-new-sharp-sword-stealth-9651206
bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/
metro.co.uk/2016/01/23/restaurants-in-china-put-opium-in-the-food-to-keep-customers-hooked-5640022/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

C H I N A
H
I
N
A

Globally China has a poor reputation for build quality. I can't see the North American public wanting these anytime soon unless they're dirt cheap.

Still a rolling deathtrap no matter how cheap it is

I think it being cheap will make people trust it even less.

I really highly doubt they'll stand up to Canadian rust. Others like LADA have tried and failed.

True, but low price is typically the only redeeming quality of a chinashit product.

You forgot to de-trip, you're not shitposting.

I never post without my trip

>I'm very proud of my homeland to go from a agrarian poverty stricken country to a major industrial power within half a decade!
you shouldnt you yellow cunt

Shame that by coming over here your women get hypnotized by the superior white penis.

i see Chinese marques following the same trajectory as the Koreans only accelerated by stolen tech

>(Provided it passes all the crash tests with a good rating)

phew, we're safe

>Globally China has a poor reputation for build quality.

China has a reputation for blatant patent theft.

China has a reputation for blatant copyright theft.

China even saves research money by spending USA taxpayers money thru the USA research system. It sends research requests to sympathetic people as well as chinese thesis students and chinese professors in USA universitites. Those people then apply for research grants and of course the results are shared to china. Thus, they get a lot of their environmental, land, and development research for free courtesy of the usa taxpayer.

>Patent theft
>USA
>US Patent system

>China

I love when annons come here with the murican justice hammer to impose their own rules to foreign countries.

Korea actually makes decent shit that is capable of passing NHTSA and NCAP safety tests with 5 stars.

China does not.

>Korea actually makes decent shit that is capable of passing NHTSA and NCAP safety tests with 5 stars.
>China does not.
I love it when anons come here with the NHTSA or NCAP justice hammer to impose their own rules to foreign countries.

please report back when you hit 200k and 500k miles

Looks like the lovechild of a Honda CR-V and a BMW X5

I'm happy you're a proud chinese, but you live in Canada now. Be proud of being canadian and by our stuff.

Not to mention shit tier materials

Wish I'd screencapped the post by the user who had dealt with sourcing metal from the Chinese

>top three samples up to spec
>entire rest of shipment literal shit iron
>Chinese justify this with "you get what you pay for"
>stops dealing with Chinese after three such incidents costing his company millions
>Russian colleague calls for advice
>user provides good source
>Nyet comrade, can get from China cheaper
>NO IVAN DO NOT
>too lateski comrade
>Ivan calls back a week later absolutely panicking

Chink shit stinks shit

So...... China wants to try and pull a Yugoslavia? Good luck fighting Japan and Korea who already have a 40+ year headstart in the affordable mid to low range consumer automobile market.

This one?
m.imgur.com/a/aSFTC

I knew bookmarking it was a good idea

Yuuuuuup

>Rules don't apply to foreign countries that want to do business in other countries.

Tell that to Volkswagen. Although IDK, this could totally have changed now that Trump is in office.

*Buys rental property*

>Rules don't apply to foreign countries that want to do business in other countries.
China insists its rules apply though and their companies sue a lot and even their government will sue not just companies but organizations too.

It's not just the USA, there is/was a company in China making an unlicensed clone of the Corolla, so similar that body panels were interchangeable.

It's fine to not respect foreign IP laws, but that also means not doing business anywhere that respects that country's IP- particularly the country itself.

Even after the chinks sort out the safety issues, they're probably going to get hammered by patent lawsuits when they try to launch their brands in the USA.

>Implying that the Koreans didn't get where they are with the help of stolen tech

For the most part Japanese cars aren't particularly "affordable" anymore, at least where new vehicles are concerned. Even the Korean cars aren't as insanely cheap as they once were- remember how cheesy Hyundais used to be? As companies get established, they try to move upmarket, leaving room for entry-level competitors to come in and sell (usually crappy) vehicles at stupidly cheap prices.

>hit a mailbox going 25km/h
>dies

>I'm happy you're a proud chinese
Fucking why? If he was so proud he'd be living in his own country.

yeah and they used to make undrivable garbage

>citation needed

>As a Chinese person living in Canada, ..... I'm very proud of my homeland

If you were really chinese this would be a /pol/ post asking us to help the common people of your country escape poverty. Too bad all the profits from chinese companys go to the heads, not the workers.

itt: we trigger the chinaman

>Taiwan number 1 (also not China)
>Hong Kong is not china
>spratly islands are phillipine/vietnamese/malay clay

looks like every modern suv mixed together. I never understood the appeal of the x-5, those ridiculously wide rear tires seem like a real pain in the ass to maintain.
The unfortunately funny thing about this is that it's totally true.

>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand soon.Go China!!

I like the Chinese one more, actually.

>taiwan

It's basically like if the confederate, after losing the war fled to the Florida keys and declared themselves a country.

As a Chinaman I'm not even upset by any of this. Trade between China and Taiwan has been pretty good. I'm convinced that this whole Taiwan thing has been a red herring for the west.

Why don't they put their efforts into building something to represent the country instead of ripping everyone off? surely they have some creative ideas within the billion or so people they have there? right?

Stay in Honcouver, never leave there ever
youtube.com/watch?v=kwEDdrVqBas

Because human lives are worth less than money and communism literally destroyed people's morals there.

Kinda sad, since I'm ethnically chink and all I see is rich people who profited off people fleeing and laundering money to stay overseas with permanent residence because they used their money to buy expensive properties and jacked housing prices around the world up.

Even if China overthrows communism somehow magically, you're talking about an entire lost generation just from the effort in terms of lost lives, possibly needing to rebuild and prosecuting the aforementioned people who laundered money and gained it illicitly. And if that doesn't happen, China is going to implode internally in some way with all the recent stuff with more censorship and possible trade war with US. So much for the Chinese century.

But in any case, back to cars. Volvo is probably the only car brand owned by a Chinese company that gets anywhere near decent Western standards for a car. Other Chinese car companies can produce cars that can function but they severely lack in anything important like MPG, safety, or features to compete at any price point.

>Other Chinese car companies can produce cars that can function but they severely lack in anything important like MPG, safety, or features to compete at any price point.

GM (chevrolet) has a car factory in china (majority owned by chinese (as required by law)) staffed by chinese and supplied by chinese suppliers. It manufactures cars for the chinese market. Some other western car companies also do the same thing. The cars do not have western quality standards though.

>Why don't they put their efforts into building something to represent the country instead of ripping everyone off?
It's more efficient to let someone else spend the billions of R&D so that they don't. Money is made by selling a finished product and not by developing it.

Because China has Most Favored Nation trading status with the USA, not even all the copyright and patent laws can be fully enforced. That's because the status imposes a legal maximum on how much of the goods can be inspected and penalized. While that sounds odd, that is effectively how the chinese managed to twist the wording into an unintended consequence that benefits patent theft.

Complicating matters is corruption. Some of the customs houses are indirectly owned by chinese, so it's suspected they let illicit chinese goods into the usa distribution system.

*customs house:
Import goods go into waiting areas for inspection. Due to volume, much of it is done by PRIVATIZED industry that works with usa customs officials. The companies perform the detention and inspection then give the report to customs officials.

Exxxxaggeration: imagine if ISIS owned a customs house and shipping containers had both isis people and gear shipped into the usa.

>I'm very proud of my homeland
Then go back you fucking gook

THIS
Fuck gook

Ausfag here we imported tonnes of great wall and other chunk crap easily the worst cars we ever got dunno how it passed any tests most likely bribes

Japanese cars are already cheap as dirt and super reliable. Anyways REAL Canadians stick to Ford trucks like glue.

>Ausfag here we imported tonnes of great wall and other chunk crap easily the worst cars we ever got dunno how it passed any tests most likely bribes

Picture shows a car and bicycle both made in china.

Because in China it's socially unacceptable to drive Chinese cars. That's why they debadge the knockoffs and put on the actual brands badges.

Jesus that was quite the read

I don't understand what the pictures are showing

To add on to your second part, the American government owes China billions of dollars. If we try to tighten trade laws against them, they use it like a leash and tug on it, saying they'll make us hurt if we do that

If you wanna buy a Chinese car go back to China.

You people have no class, no backbone, no manners, and do not care about the welfare of anyone else in the world. These cars will kill people with their atrocious design and hopefully will kill you instead of the 5 people you run over because of your microscopic eyes and inability to drive.
The manufacturer will cheap out and cut corners, then you disgusting Chinese will buy it, cheap out and never repair or maintain it and these cars will fall apart faster then the imperial economic structure your country is built on.

>As a Chinese person living in Canada
The memes are real

This just in.

Trumpchi's come standard with 6 airbags.

*granted they are all the defective ones from Takata they got for cheap

t. China Internet Defense Force

Boeing prototype from 2002:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_X-45

Meanwhile, China in 2017
mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinas-new-sharp-sword-stealth-9651206

Wow it's almost as if China just rips off of everyone instead of putting all those millions of geniuses they have into research facilities.

Are they literally made out of painted tinfoil?

Modern Chinese society is actually somewhat hostile to independent/creative thinking.

You'll notice that most Chinese "innovation" is basically finding new ways to screw people over, not because no one else thought of it, but because no one else was enough of an asshole to do it.

This.

Kill gooks

That's fine, they can just sell there stolen-tech deathtraps to the dirt farmers in their country instead of exporting them :^)

>Jesus that was quite the read

Cars depend on high strength steel alloys at certain locations to provide not only durability but safety.

There was a complaint about chinese raw metal ingots published in an engineering magazine that I read back in the 1990's. The chinese supplied metal far cheaper, even after shipping, than usa sources. His article was slapped down by the chinese as racism. And the local chinese society in his city filed racism charges against him to try to get him to shut up about problems. He stopped talking about the problems in order to protect his career which was being attacked.

But chinese metals could have contaminants after half a year of selling to you when they figure you stopped testing their metals. That can drastically affect your products.

Now, the NHTSA and DOT or their equivalents in various countries test sample cars from initial production runs. China will of course give the best versions for testing. After several months of production or whenever their spies working in the foreign governments report, they can switch to higher profit production by shaving corners as well as using less pure metals.

Why would a foreigner retain their loyalty to their home country? My professor told me they are just as patriotic as me

>Are they literally made out of painted tinfoil?
The car skins in places other than doors could use low-grade steel instead of the high strength steel they are supposed to have. You wonder HOW this can occur when even the car company specifies a specific type of steel for certain parts.

Chinese companies are filled with greedy people (just like american companies). However, american company employees generally follow a minimal Ethics whereas chinese employees typically lack ethics because "ethics keep you poor". Thus, the steel supplier might directly contact various inspectors, supervisors or key employees at the factory and BRIBE them to ignore or allow cheaper substitutes. Thus the supplier of materials to the car company has subverted the key employees of their buyer to allow substandard materials or parts. It is a monetary win-win for the supplier and for the chinese employees accepting extra money. This type of problem occurs with usa companies opening factories in china.

>Why would a foreigner retain their loyalty to their home country? My professor told me they are just as patriotic as me

They are not in your country to become your loyal citizen. They are there to enjoy a better lifestyle, wider ranges of activity, the different culture, the access to land and property, and to be able to have societal freedoms not available in China. They are NOT there to be loyal citizens.

It is hubris on your liberal professor's part to believe that foreigners cannot retain loyalty once exposed to western society.

They had these at the Detroit auto show. I believe the starting price on one of the cars there was like $8,000. So Im guessing that quality and/or reliability isn't going to be too good. Personally Id stay far away from Chinese car brands.

A car company in China had a lawsuit filled against them from BMW and China favored the native car company. Even though the cars were identical the Chines government said they couldn't see how.

Thanks, China, for flooding the US and Australia with ton after ton of synthetic research chemicals and literally making billions to support your industry after easy laundering.

Thanks, China, for shipping kilo after kilo of fentanyl and carfentanyl into the US to be sold as "heroin" (fent is over 50x stronger than heroin) killing off dozens if not hundreds of Americans every day.

Thanks, China, for shipping barrel after barrel of meth precursor to Mexican cartels and supplying them with laundered guns on the side for cheap.

Thanks, China, for shipping cheap pill press machines to rando Americans so they can flood the US market with fake oxy and xanax pills that actually contain other drugs.

Thanks, China, for the web of your 'millennial' generation who study at US universities and get jobs in US factories and low-key send protected production / industry secrets back to your gov't.

Thanks for undermining the price of labor across the first-world by having such a large population to exploit.

This is the future Steve Jobs wanted.

Wew

Also fake food and metals as well as basically everything that gets processed and exported there

>A car company in China had a lawsuit filled against them from BMW and China favored the native car company. Even though the cars were identical the Chines government said they couldn't see how.

Disney has failed with each lawsuit against the chinese copies of various Disney movies. They simply reproduce the Disney shows on blurays and sell them. How is that!?

Disney has failed to stop copycat movie remakes such as the Cars animated series of movies. It is ruled by the chinese judge that the chinese movies starring the Autobots are not copies of the Disney movies which do not have Autobots.

Picture shows comparison between the Disney Cars movie and the Chinese cars movie featuring the Autobots.

>I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi

Trump

Exactly. Here is the article if you're interested.
bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/bmw-loses-court-battle-to-chinese-x5-clone/

BMW has a lot of run ins with the Chinese it seems

>pic related

this. Not only these cars are dangerous, but they are boring as fuck shitboxes.

But globalization is good.
Therefore BMW is in the wrong with its lawsuit which is against globalization to create lower-cost products.

>But globalization is good.
I never said it wasn't. All I said was Ive noticed a lot of lawsuits filed by BMW towards Chinese companies.

>All I said was Ive noticed a lot of lawsuits filed by BMW towards Chinese companies.
And that's wrong as it is against globalization.

>And that's wrong as it is against globalization.
Thats your opinion.

>BMW has a lot of run ins with the Chinese it seems
They're not the only one. Apple had many run-ins with various chinese companies. But Apple got warned by the courts that they could be sued for defamation fines and loss of business fines if they kept on filing lawsuits and losing them.

After all, when a western company sues and loses, the chinese company is now able to countersue for defamation compensation as well as earnings compensation for loss of business opportunities.

China has 3 Cars movies out.

All those actions served to weaken their good natured ethical western opponent in different ways. Very Sun Tsu.

Thanks China for using lots of lead in your metal zippers. It helps zipper be self-lubricating but lead is not nice and it also makes zippers get smelly to the point of being stinky.

>the autobots
Fucking Chinese are ripping off the transformers too? What the hell is wrong with them?

>What the hell is wrong with them?
There's nothing wrong. It is part of their culture to do things this way. In their university (not just high school) classes, professors give lectures about how Westerners unfairly use copyrights and patents to keep China down. They are also taught ways to get around or ignore Western laws which do not have effect in China.

To be completely honest, as one maplenigger talking to an adopted maplenigger, I'm curious to see if Chinese automakers can pull off some profit in america.

I mean, look at the Koreans. They seem to be doing fine.

The Chinese are too impressionable right now. It's like they have no self-direction, or maybe not even the confidence in their creative ability. All they do is get impressed with the things they see, without understanding them, and copying styles and behaviors bit for bit like a small child or robot. China needs drugs, psychedelic drugs.

>I will be the first one on the block to buy a Trumpchi once they are sold here.
>I'm very proud of my homeland
>I will be damn proud to be driving a Chinese car brand
>Provided it passes all the crash tests

Currently, most of the models of the many chinese makes cannot meet the minimum USA federal DOT safety requirements. China even copied the DOT NHTSA test facilities and track to help their cars pass tests.

Only a few models of each make can. Upon seeing one of the models that did meet the minimum, I am appalled at how low the DOT standards are and impressed at how much additional effort the traditional car makers (audi,bmw,fca,ford,gm,mercedes,vag) put into the cars to be more than the minimum DOT standard.

Would you buy a car from a chinese maker that only tries to meet the minimum requirements in order to maximize profits?

Chinese companies also have a reputation of not honoring warranties by using technicalities to avoid it. The customer can be forced to prove they didn't abuse the car, performed all maintenance on time using authorized materials, never drove over 80MPH, etcetera.

its called the World Trade Organization both China and the US are apart of it. please be less ignorant.

hahaha god thats funny. you're probably loaded though, mommy and daddy support you guys HARD from back home. clueless fucks.

building collapsed

10/10 post

Opiates worked out well last time soo...

>Opiates worked out well last time
In 2014, there were over 40 restaurants in china got in trouble for adding opiates to their food in order to get customers mildly addicted to eating at their restaurants.

Chemicals are cheap and easy to get in China due to the manufacturing machinery being widely accessible (unlike in the usa). Maybe chinese cars would be popular if they were offered with a deal like "Each Trumpchi comes with a free bag of synthetic heroin".

>chinese heroin
yeah not a fucking chance mate, they'll probably fill the bags with a mixture of cheap plastic dust and glass dust

>As a Chinese person living in Canada ... I'm very proud of my homeland
>they'll probably fill the bags with a mixture of cheap plastic dust and glass dust

Opiates in food:
metro.co.uk/2016/01/23/restaurants-in-china-put-opium-in-the-food-to-keep-customers-hooked-5640022/

Well, that explains the chronic craving for food from that restaurant. These various restaurants used opium as seasoning to hook in long term customers.

>Globally China has a poor reputation for build quality.

China can and does make the highest quality devices too. Apple gear is made in china. But even apple had QC problems due to parts diversion in the past. For example, pirates want to make copies and made private deals with employees at Foxconn and other suppliers.

There's also counterfeiters of good chinese products. For example, one chinese Li-Ion battery make has good quality product. But there were as many as 17 other copycat li-ion battery factories duplicating the product with much inferior quality in order to ride the coattails of the brand name item. So consumers don't know if what they are buying is real or not because the counterfeiters make the product and packaging look alike.

There is also illicit substitution. The fraudulent savings in manufacturing could then be pocketed as extra profit. Eneloop is a japanese brand that makes "identical" NiMH batteries in both japan and china. The product is supposed to be the same since the manufacturing process is identical. But the chinese made product (supposedly supervised by eneloop QC) has half the lifespan of the japanese product when the products were tested by members of a discussion forum who had specialty test equipment capable of performing measurements and data logging. The chemicals and materials used in the chinese products were either impure, diluted, or of insufficient quantity. Picture related.

>Chinese engineering

>Chinese engineering
Chinese companies counterfeit the orange Fram filters (including the packaging). It's an ongoing problem.

>China even copied the DOT NHTSA test facilities and track to help their cars pass tests.
wot

sauce?