How do you go from this

How do you go from this

To this?

This car is faster, better handling, more reliable, and immeasurably safer than the 1970.

A fuckton of in between generations that changed based on the automotive environment, safety regs, fuel regs, etc at the time. Old chargers are cool but new ones are objectively the best they've ever been.

Aiming for mass-appeal while simultaneously not lobbying to stop ineffectual safety regulations.

this is objectively better in every way

looks better too but thats an opinion so it doesnt count

>ineffectual safety regs
While I don't think performance cars should be held to the same standard as regular cars, cars are safer than they've ever been now.

i agree user

>tfw prefer the flat doors but the full bar tail light

Suffering.

I'm talking about lookswise.
At least Ford at least tries to make Mustangs look like the classics of old.

but this just looks awful and dated

Challenger is the only car to get the retro shit right

That nostalgia shit is the reason the Monaro didn't work in the states.

Besides when you break it down, the Charger just went through natural evolution. The Charger was massive, makes sense for it to become a 4 door sedan. Maybe in the nineties they could've brought back a large 2 door.

You turn around

Trying to make something look like it's from the 60s with modern standards 9 times out of 10 creates an abortion. The Challenger is the only car to do it correctly.

idk OP, the new Charger is an abortion
>makes sense for it to become a 4 door sedan
Fucking how?

>mfw it could of been this.

Because huge cars tend to have giant doors, better to split the door in half. If you judge cars by door count you're a retard.

that looks awful

>chop top
Fucking boomers
Also literally no reason to sell that and the Challenger side by side. One of them had to have 4 doors.

>better to split the door in half
But it looks like shit. The Chellenger managed to be the same size, look great, and have 2 doors. You sound like the kind of man who should drive a smart forfour.

but the new Charger looks fine

>this autistic over door count
The Challenger exists you mongoloid. Buy that if you must. Same car, just less doors and different sheet metal. Cars in the 60s didn't have to be tall or have thick pillars for safety so they looked sportier. You probably would buy a Scion TC over a G8 GXP.

The new Challenger is smaller than the Charger. The old Challenger was smaller than the old Charger as well.

face lift ver was better

You do understand how retarded it would be to sell two of the exact same car, right? The door count differentiates them.

FTFY

It's not just the door count. The new Charger's front facia looks like ass.

honestly they both look like shit

clearly they were both designed with ease of manufacture in mind first and foremost over how the think fucking looks

Sheet metal really isn't that complicated to shape to a car.

looks more like a nigger car than a boomer one to me.

Your pic is a '68. You can tell by the side marker lights (which were '68 only) and the fact it doesn't have a '70 front bumper or door scoops

First become a land yacht

Then a subcompact

Fuck those donk wheels and fuck that stance

as long as it is not a track car, whatever the HP figure is or muh performance version its still a road vehicle and has to be made on the same standars

Because it started life with this concept.

A dodge intrepid rebrand that was rear wheel drive and had a 4.7L V8 that fed on ethanol.

Then the Germans came in, and took over the development and made Chrysler buy their old E-class chassis to save money. They also forced Chrysler interiors in to plastic junk territory.

And since we are on what could have been with out greedy pieces of shit selling out Chrysler, my favorite concept.

The debut of the modern Hemi as well. This was revealed one year after the charger.

>tfw no 4-door snek

Feels good

>thinking that's a chop-top
user, I have some bad news

What color green is that?

Nobody cares

Challenger is a better homage, visually, than the mustang.

It's like ford's take on BRG. It was the color of the Bullitt mustang.

Thanks. Really nice looking. I wonder how the two compare side by side.

I thought the Bullitt was Highland Green