Said new video: youtube.com/watch?v=Inh3V2CfdaE
MEG's updated Pastebin: pastebin.com/ehq8JjR2

MegSev adventures: MegSev dot blogspot dot com

All previous Collages that we know of: imgur.com/a/FSJBQ

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=VqhELBUdYqM

N7 Day 2015 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=g0Et481TNgE

E3 2015 trailer: youtu.be/uG8V9dRqSsw

E3 2014 trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=C4HbiCKBhFU

Bioware propaganda: blog.bioware.com/2015/06/15/introducing-mass-effect-andromeda/

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/818339526737133570
youtube.com/watch?v=Inh3V2CfdaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Claiming thread.

do you really need to?

Do you guys think the Nexus in ME:A will also have some Mass Relay type function to allow travel to other clusters in Andromeda (in later games or DLC)? I know we're stuck in Helios for this one.

Maybe once they get more infastructure.

I think the game will end as they establish contact with the Milky Way

>I think the game will end as they establish contact with the Milky Way

That makes sense. I'm guessing the main quest progression has something to do with the ark arrivals as each ark is supposed to dock into the nexus to finalize it's construction as Citadel 2.0.

Eh, it was on 9 anyway. Why not.

good point

well guys, i was bored, so I made a thing. please forgive me.

nice

you sad cunts should have let this place stay ded

there's fuck all to talk about

no need to ask for forgiveness, that's actually kind of good.

plus OC is always nice

Is /meg/ ready for the post Andromeda release trash posting?

>mfw flooded with people who don't share my bitterness and angst
Buncha fags I tell ya.

Andromeda is looking pretty good.

yeah, suure

Exploration is back, a new cool ship, a femtur, no save the universe from an ancient evil story... What's not to like except Curry Thunder?

>no save the universe from an ancient evil story

user, you may want to hold onto that one. those precursor ruins / giant reaper-looking aliens in the trailers indicate otherwise.

>Exploration is back
more like it's introduced. ME1 "exploration" wasn't even noteworthy

>a new cool ship
i actually am looking forward to look around the ship

>a femtur
until they confirm we can fuck it, i don't give a shit.

>no save the universe from an ancient evil story
is this not a bioware game?

>What's not to like except Curry Thunder?
almost everything

do you guys think Bioware will let me be an asshole to their crappily written Andromeda characters?

cause that's literally half the reason i play bioware games.

The worst thing you can do to Liara is leave her behind anytime you go check out prothean things and she still hugs you when you meet her in ME2, so no. I think you're going to have to use your imagination or learn to love PeeBee.

I want an option to off myself

God dammit

mobile.twitter.com/JamesGunn/status/818339526737133570

Apparently ME was the primary outside inspiration for the Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

Honestly my biggest concern for Andromeda is not being able to move on past the characters I've grown attached to throughout the trilogy.
Like, awesome a female Turian but will she be as cool as Garrus? Will this new Krogan be unique? Hell, I already know I'm going to prefer Liara over Peebee.

>tfw everyone expect for Liara and maybe Grunt will be dead by the time the Ark's arrive to Andromeda

did i live haply ever after with my waifu?
did best bro Garrus ever find someone of his own?
did Wrex ever find a way to tame his people?
did Jacob stay useless?

we'll never know.

I kind of expect to find myself liking the human squad more this time around. Something about being just a few humans surrounded by aliens on this colonization mission makes me feel like I should stick with them.

>did Jacob stay useless?

He's dead in the vents. So yeah.

good.

He did volunteer...

what a dumbass

>Something about being just a few humans surrounded by aliens on this colonization mission makes me feel like I should stick with them
Which raises another question, or perhaps it's been asked already but I don't frequent these threads too often, we set out to Andromeda before the milky way even reached closure with the reapers, If this is the case the social changes that occurred in society between everyone are probably absent leaving things more or less the same as they were prior to the events of ME2 and ME3.
Basically what I'm asking is, are these turbans going to be bitter towards humans, Krogan towards Salarians,etc,etc.

Or am I totally fucking up this timeframe.

>turbans
*turians
Oh autocorrect.

>are these turians going to be bitter towards humans, Krogan towards Salarians,etc,etc.
hmm maybe.

but knowing bioware i bet they wouldn't have thought of something that complex.

Pretty much the same here desu. ME was able to keep my interest no matter how bad the plot got because it had very likeable characters that you spent 100 hours with. Andromeda doesn't have that goodwill. That's part of why I'd pay for a remastered trilogy with more dialogue scenes and an epilogue but probably won't even bother to pirate Andromeda.

I miss Tali and Wrex.

>tfw they already confirmed the sequel to Andromeda will not be Ryders story carried on
>they dont want to make another trilogy
>new cast everytime from here on out
Why does Bioware think this is a good idea? The reason these characters were so beloved in the first place is exactly because we got to bond with them for 3 or 2 whole games.

>I miss Tali and Wrex.
I miss my husbando Garrus and pretty much everyone who isn't named Jacob.

>Why does Bioware think this is a good idea?
cause DA made them lots of money, and they are too stupid to stay in the milky way

>look up ME2 saves because I don't feel like going through ME1 again
>want renegade human supremacist
>all saves say "mostly went through renegade. not racist."

what the fuck? is there a save editor for this?

Yes, gibbed save editor.

Because it's 2017 and if you're racist you are literally Hitler and a Trump supporter and a shitlord.

Well, they'd at least be aware the a human Spectre stopped Saren from destroying the Citadel (and possibly saved the Council and the 10k asari on that ship). I'm sure that would go a long way to soothing any lingering animosity.

But by and large the Turians seem to be the most accepting of humanity of all the Council races, possibly because of their meritocracy. Both of the Turian Councilors and the Primarch are more willing than the Salarian and Asari leadership to work with Shepard. The Turians and Alliance were already working together pre-ME1 on some pretty major projects (the Normandy is a huge deal, new turian+human ship layout, new drive, new stealth system, and then there's Pinnacle Station which is a retrofitted Turian station with what seems to be a primarily Turian crew being commanded by an Alliance admiral).

Vidinos and Saren are the only two that come to mind who outwardly dislike humans, but maybe I'm forgetting someone.

Krogan would definitely have a problem with Salarians, though. Of course, this could be handwaved by saying the project weeded out anyone with racist tendencies (which would make sense anyway, since it's a multi-species venture and they wouldn't want problems).

I hope ME:A has party banter or something like it. I'm replaying the trilogy right now and everyone is way too quiet.

>I'm replaying the trilogy right now and everyone is way too quiet.
Really? I never felt lonely throughout those games because there was so much talking throughout the mission.
Then again the last game I played before touching the trilogy again for old times sake was DA:I which has banter on the field every ten-thousand miles.

Also that is a really good Garrus. Saved.

youtube.com/watch?v=Inh3V2CfdaE
>a Salarian pilot
Hmm.

ME is great about having party members chime in during your mission conversations. It seems like they almost always have something to add, which is perfect. But they really don't talk to each other at all, except for the occasional elevator ride in ME1 and the handful of scenes in ME2 and ME3 where you can find party members hanging out together on the Normandy. Those scenes are some of my favorite in the trilogy.

It's kind of a pet peeve of mine in a lot of games. You assemble a party of people, but they only ever seem to talk to you. You can assume they hang out behind the scenes, but not showing it's a huge missed opportunity for character and plot development.

I mean, imagine strolling around the Citadel while Garrus and Kaidan/Ashley compare human and turian cultures. Or Wrex giving Tali tips on using her shotgun, which gradually grows into a mentor+student friendship between them. Or Miranda and Mordin talking geeking out together. Or everyone giving EDI terrible romantic advice just to troll Joker.

Gibbed save editor.

ME3's pretty good about this, they move around and speak to each other often enough. ME1 at least has the elevators. ME2 is the only game that completely neglected it by having everyone just stare at walls all day until Shepard shows up; even the mission-specific dialogue is short and totally generic. Which is part of why I think it's severely overrated when it comes to how it handled characters.

Oh. That's what you mean. Yes, I absolutely agree on that one. Even in ME2 where they really kicked it up a notch with dialogue, party banter between your squadmates was scarce. That's one thing ME3 got down pretty well, you could actually see your crew acting like a crew and interacting with one another off-duty,

>Which is part of why I think it's severely overrated when it comes to how it handled characters.
This.
I feel part of why I enjoyed ME3 the most ,despite the disappointing ending, was exactly how the characters were handled. Garrus, Tali, and Wrex were pretty much my favorite characters throughout the trilogy and despite the first two getting some attention in ME2, they really did not have much to say. ME3 drowned all three of them in more attention than they had ever gotten between ME1 and ME2.

Horrible.

Ditto. This is also part of why I like to replay ME3 more than any of the other games. I like these characters, so it's just fun to interact with them and shoot Cerbies with them.

rude

legion best wiafu

Worst character.

honestly i dont see anything wrong with this...

mass effect downfall was because they had to continue Shepard story. sheaperd should have remained dead.

I also believe that Andromeda should of being about brand new species or aliens, it was a big mistake bringing asari, turians ect...back

kinda of reminds me of kojima, he killed the metal gear series because he was unwilling to move forward...

It's speciesist, not racist. I wish I Shepard could be selective about humans too but that's unfortunately not an option in these games.

Why do you hate Thane?
Is it the seizure inducing flashbacks every conversation?

Really seems like a shit idea desu.

>It's speciesist, not racist.
that concept is too big for biodrones and redditors.

>mass effect downfall was because they had to continue Shepard story. sheaperd should have remained dead.
The majority of people would probably disagree with you and I mean a large majority. Again, what's the point of introducing a likeable cast with so much potential only to make them irrelevant in the next game which takes place in the exact same universe around the same time? This didn't work very well for Dragon age seeing how the best characters are still the original cast and the best fanservice between the sequels is usually one of their cameos. Seeing Morrigan again shouldn't have been the most memorable scene of DA:I but it was because the current cast was meh along with the plot.

>was a big mistake bringing asari, turians ect...back
Yeah, it feels very stale and more like a brand recognition thing than a creative decision.
It's a great idea because they can actually finish a story and not having to worry about sequels so much, means Andromeda will work much better as a standalone game.
I like the lore and setting much more than the characters honestly, at least in the first game before they took a dump on that. Mass Effect was supposed to be a space opera, not a friend simulator for dweebs.

>It's a great idea because they can actually finish a story
True.
>and not having to worry about sequels so much, means Andromeda will work much better as a standalone game.
But that's the problem. People liked these sequels. I liked anticipating my next adventure as Shepherd and wondering who I would meet next, the whereabouts of my teamates, what i'll do this time, etc.

>It's a great idea because they can actually finish a story and not having to worry about sequels so much
Yeah that worked so well for DA series that i never played anything beyond Origins because of reviews and trailers :^)

This desu.
It's worse having to out do your last game while trying to make sure your players will love the new characters and the completely new narrative just as much or more than the last installment.

All within the same universe and general timeframe.

It didn't really work in the original trilogy though, Garrus becoming Batman no matter what you told him, Liara becoming another character and an asshole... only a few characters worked across games like Wrex and his arch or Tali. Some characters even turned irrelevant like Miranda or Jacob.
You really want your cliffhanger ending, don't you? If Andromeda turns out to be shit it won't be because they didn't have five sequels planned.
I don't think anything is entirely confirmed about a possible sequel yet but I think limiting a sequel like that makes the setting feel smaller if it's always the same old faces. It's also a kind of weird mindset, to think more about sequels than how wholesome the game itself is. I think the heads at EA shares your ideas about sequels though so who knows.

>joins your party for no compelling reason (hurr he's the best)
>is dying and won't shut up about it
>his wife died and won't shut up about it
>his kid is messed up and he doesn't do anything about it - yes another fucking Carth
>avoid his romance and he still gives you a pet name
>only 3 drell in the entire series, all look the same
>that forced hoarse voice only to appeal to females - I laughed when I first heard him
>a sniper when there is Garrus. But wait he has biotics. Everyone has fucking biotics in ME2, kinda cheapens them
>drell were made to be male Asari - the hot male alien you can bang! Basically the land whale answer and pandering to
>all that butthurt when he dies in ME3 - he was dying, remember?

They just threw him in for the cool factor, everything about him is tryhard

>You really want your cliffhanger ending, don't you?
What's bad about cliffhangers anyway? Also you can bitch about every single ME game and it's normal but i think most agree it was cool game series overall.
I don't hear the same about DA ( sorry about using it again but that the finest example of BW's shitty trilogy )
Linking games with same protagonist makes them more enjoyable imo. You have progress, you have something you know but can still improve and you can feel like you actually mean something in game's universe.
Or you can always be some new, generic galaxy/planet saving protagonist not known to anyone but eager to prove his worth! Wew!

>Garrus becoming Batman no matter what you told him, Liara becoming another character and an asshole...
It'seems just character development?Both Garrus and Liara became far more interesting in ME2.
It's not like they became entirely different people either. both their personalities are still intact. Hell, Liara and Garrus barely had personalities in ME1 so much so that while I was playing it I was wondering why my friend was so in love with Garrus, get to ME2 and I finally understood why.

>It's not like they became entirely different people either. both their personalities are still intact

They're entirely different characters. Like I love ME's decision to give all 3 games the same core cast and am still asshurt about Andromeda not doing that, but it's just a fact that Garrus and Liara were completely rebooted after ME1.

>Or you can always be some new, generic galaxy/planet saving protagonist not known to anyone but eager to prove his worth! Wew!
This pretty much sums up all my thoughts.
Besides the amount of games with standalone stories are abundant already and greatly outnumber games with direct sequels and returning protagonists.

Well outside of JRPGs which I usually hate.

>Besides the amount of games with standalone stories are abundant already and greatly outnumber games with direct sequels and returning protagonists.
True and there are many good standalone's but that doesn't change the fact that there were no RPG's i enjoyed more than The Witcher and Mass Effect series. Maybe it's just matter of taste but i will be disappointed if they make new ME's standalones.

>but it's just a fact that Garrus and Liara were completely rebooted after ME1.
But how can they be rebooted if they were literally blank slates? They hadn't gone through anything, we barley knew them. Shit hit the fan and they developed according to their experience. Garrus got jaded and Liara became colder.
This isn't something like, for example, Jack going from well... Being Jack to an absolute softie girly girl in which the shift in demeanor makes 0 sense.

>But how can they be rebooted if they were literally blank slates? They hadn't gone through anything, we barley knew them.

ME1 Garrus: racist belligerent cop with a stick up his ass and an overtly gruff and humorless demeanor

ME1 Liara: shy, naive, introverted scientist who has an obsession with Protheans

They had characters in ME1. Their characterizations were just completely ignored in ME2.

ME2 Garrus: laid back, friendly, snarky sidekick with a quip ready for every situation

ME2 Liara: hardened revenge-obsessed killer and information broker/crime boss

>and humorless demeanor
I would argue that Garrus is just beating people up with that stick now and was still witty in ME1 just not to the extent of ME2 in which, like you said, he was constantly cracking jokes and snark.
I'll give it to you with Liara though, because while her obsession with the protheans still remains she was super introverted. I guess you could argue her time on the Normandy dragged her out of that and made her more sociable.

I can't believe you guys, after ME3 you still want a series with a final game written by completely different people than the first entry and all that crap? The original trilogy would have worked much better with more self-contained entries.

Why not just keep the same cast for the Andromeda scenario but introduce a new conflict with each game and rotate the cast a little? Maybe some characters get stationed elsewhere and return later.
It seems like the reason people want direct sequels isn't because the story would somehow be more enchanting than a stand alone- it's because of the characters. Not everyone wants to just forget about them after spending most of the game just figuring out who they are, nor does everyone want to say bye to their generic hero that will most likely remain nothing more than a generic hero because their story concludes with the end of their game. Mass Effect is an RPG where the player can somewhat dictate their actions and dialogue so people tend to self-insert hard and seriously bond with these characters more than other types of games would normally allow you to.

Basically this is an intense western waifu/husbando simulator taking place in an interesting universe and people want to stick around with their waifu and virtual friends.

>Basically this is an intense western waifu/husbando simulator taking place in an interesting universe and people want to stick around with their waifu and virtual friends.
Pretty much this

Shepard remained a generic Bioware hero for all three games and as said by others earlier the characters are essentially replaced anyway between games since they have different writers and are changed so much they're either someone else or a flanderized version of their past selves. Shieet, they had to kill Shepard at the start of ME2 because he wasn't generic enough by the end of ME1.

>Basically this is an intense western waifu/husbando simulator taking place in an interesting universe
The first game wasn't, I'd argue the waifushit and friend simulator parts are what made the sequels suck so hard. The cool RPG space opera parts and worldbuilding took a backseat to streamlined point and shooty and Whedon-esque characters and with that all verisimilitude went the way of the dodo.

Why can't the waifufags just play one of the many dating sim VNs that are pumped out in droves instead of hijacking pretty much the only recent space RPG?

While you can absolutely make that argument with Liara , Garrus' arc in ME1 is that you take this guy under your wing and influence what his view on life is - paragon or renegade basically. ME2 just had Garrus be tilted by the death of Shepard and swing a bit renegade regardless of which path you took.

It was more in character than how they ignored the way you do the same with Kaidan. Renegade path with him made him a foaming at the mouth Cerberus candidate.

ME3 was not written by "entirely different people"

Like, you know the guy who took the lead in ME3 was the ME1 writer who created Garrus and Wrex right. Two of the most beloved characters in the series.

Every single one of these games is a collaborative effort anyway.

this character is cringe starting with name and ending with the looks

when was the name even revealed? biower didn't give us shit and the game is coming out in 2 months

>Yeah, it feels very stale and more like a brand recognition thing than a creative decision.
that's why I can't get hyped about Andromeda.

>lets take all our recognizable stuff
>lets escape with the plot away from making a decision which abortion of an ending is canon

I wanted bioware to develop some spine

I don't, i liked him and romanced him, so shit like him calling you whatever-he-called-you without romance wasn't a problem for me.

Flashbacks were stupid, but the voice and design were good.

Hated how he was handled in ME3 and that he died to the worst character in the series

Mac Walters knows how to please waifufags and people who are looking for a friend sim but he was pretty bad at the grander story. Doesn't matter though, the point is that stretching a story out over several games will in all likelihood lead to suckitude. Even if the writers remain exactly the same it can still go south, just a vision change by management can fuck everything up. If a story is good you want it resolved within a single game. Now serialised games can still reuse characters and such but each game needs to be enjoyable on its own and feel satisfying and have a definite ending. The Witcher series does this very well, you don't go into the first game expecting an epic story over several games but three seperate games in the Witcher setting staring Geralt. The choices have consequences within each game and are not put on hold to be dealt with in a future game.

That's how I see it anyway.

you're right
I'm also beyond triggered by this clip and this face.

And they still won't let you play as an alien. I want to play as volus and Jew the Andromeda aliens out of their hard earned space bucks. Or perhaps an Asari jism prism who came to Andromeda to explore strange new dicks, to seek out new life and new kinks, to boldly go where no slut has gone before..

Seriously, it would be fun as fuck to be able to play as an alien, even the more boring ones like Krogan.

Hello /meg/

have you sexed your Miranda today?

>Romancing the designated cum dump

>Cucked by a crip

New OP pic.

At least EDI is not a coalburner.

We need femdom-themed Samara fanfics.

We do

Where did eddrf go and is he still wholesome?

With futa Samara?

All namefags and tripfags seem to have been spirited away.

He still captains his swift vessel around the swedish coastline, seeking continual inspiration, and with his writings no doubt kept safe in a waterproof strongbox.

Futa Samara is acceptable.