Is finance a meme degree?

Is finance a meme degree?

whats a meme degree?

are we all just memes, living inside one giant meme?
or are we all individual components of one large super-meme?
how do we escape the meme?

>how do we escape the meme?

be careful user. many a good man have perished on the path of questioning the super-meta-meme

If meme as in joke, the yes it's meme. Nobody hires finance majors. Unless you want to become a CFA which is brutally hard.

Best bet would be to go into accounting and become a CPA.

well it at least teaches you some useful things compared other literal memes such as african america studies. in getting a job though its pretty shit unless you graduate from some elite school

>Nobody hires finance majors

literally the easiest and most hired degree on the planet

Most people don't get their masters though, I'd be interested to see that with just bachelors degrees.

Yes.
I would have thought there's an oversupply of MBAs, now I see it's in the top 4, hmmm

Finance major here. I got hired into Big 4. Shut the fuck up you weak bitch.

Even without masters, double majors with Finance being one of them are really nice.

We've been through this a hundred times

YES

Finance major here, if you aren't socially retarded and can handle basic mathematics you can go very far with Finance.

Suck my dick you basic hoe. You know how to do NPV and future values woodie doo. Any finance major that isnt a CFA is an irrelevant faggot in the business. Enjoy slaving away for your 50-60k salary big 4 meme while I become CFO in a few years. OP don't listen to these beta faggots and obtain credentials as soon as you can in your field. CFA or CPA

An Accountant with a CA/CPA will have better career prospects than a Finance major any day.

Finance is a bit more interesting but Economics is even more interesting than Finance, so it's a career v interest trade off I guess.

Apparently an MBA is only good for opening doors and a certificate of intelligence.

I agree with this, I'm doing economics because I fi d it so much more interesting but I understand it is a little more limited with career prospects. I probably would have done accounting over finance for a practical degree though as there are so many more options and flexibility with it.

mech eng/finance double

?/10

Lol good luck with that faggot. The point is that I have the best possible start to my career in a firm that will give me any qualification (Including CFA you dumb fuck) for free. You have nothing. CFO in a few years? Yeah, of your mother's nail salon maybe you absolute NEET.

You're a fucking retard. Give you? You've been mistaken faggot. You have to earn the CFA title, and judging by your characteristics, I don't believe will ever happen. You will be stuck as a staff member coffee bitch runner with your paper finance degree. You might make senior but you will never climb the ladder without any credentials. OP don't listen to this faggot and his Big 4 meme, it isn't aways the best career path. You will work crazy hours and get paid the same as you would at a medium to small firm. A smaller medium sized firm will give you much more leeway to obtain your credentials when you first start. My firm paid for every expense I had for CPA certification. Now I'm in private industry as a CPA making 6 figures on a path to become a CFO in a real estate company.

>You have to earn the CFA title

Yeah, you sit the exam. Which the firm pays for. You act as though getting a CFA is like a knighthood or something. It's a fucking suffix to slap onto your degree. You sound autistic as shit my friend.

>A smaller medium sized firm will give you much more leeway to obtain your credentials when you first start. My firm paid for every expense I had for CPA certification.

Literally what happens at Big 4 you absolute mongoloid.

You say it's so simple but yet you still don't have your CFA. Or at least passed one level. You're all talk but in reality you're and irrelevant big 4 meme faggot failure.

Double major in finance and accounting - it's extremely helpful. If you do want to focus on finance, specialize in quantitative finance and consider also getting a computer science degree or otherwise beef up your programming skills.

I was a finance and accounting double major and recently got my MBA. In my MBA class were multiple engineers. They were line guys who went the management route and easily saw their salaries increase by 30-100%. I work at a bank now but miss working at an aerospace firm. Never had to tell an engineer twice meanwhile the "professional" bankers with decades of experience I work with are barely competent.

I start next February. In three years I'll actually have what you fantasize about and will be on the way to making partner. Good luck with your CFO dream you hapless cretin.

INB4
>It will take you 3 years?! I'm going to do it in one!!!

That's the pace the firm expects you to do it in. Not that you'd know that because you would get laughed out of any Big 4 interview for being an aspie know-it-all.

February? Get the fuck off biz. CFA is once a year in June. Just leave faggot.

Pretty sure level 1 has two test dates a year: June and December.

>Everyone lives in the US

I'll be dammed. It used to be just June which made it more difficult. CFA is a joke now! All fuckwiththery aside, good luck on your exam user.

Is economics a meme degree?

respondants out of how many?