ITT: Little things you miss

I love flat profile door handles but it seems those will never come back, now we have curved handles with finger grips and fake chrome

The humble nature of base model cars. Literally the only one that's lives up to that expectation is the Honda crv base. It has steelies and black trim as the door handles and mirrors.

they got rid of those because in a car crash emergency workers sometimes need to use those door handles to pry a door open

and if you have a flimsy handle with an upwards pulling motion to activate its really really difficult to not just rip it off

then your only option is to cut all the pillars off the car and peel the roof back

and if you are spewing blood out of your crushed and trapped leg you are pretty much gonna die slowly as you watch the emergency workers struggle tooth and nail in a futile attempt to save you

>safety bullshit ruining style yet again
>not wanting to die with your car

there is nothing worse than being trapped in your car in an immense amount of pain watching the firefighters look you in the eye and shrug because the door wont open

go on and ask me how i know

was that when you rolled your tc at 30 mph?

How do you know which dicks to suck and when?

Kek

I don't understand the pudgy retarded door handle logic. If the handle won't open the door, pulling on it really hard isn't gonna work either. The latch is still engaged and it's made of heavy steel. Jaws or window at that point regardless of how stupid looking your handle is.

The handle will break on those of you pull really hard. Not so on the newer style handles.

Pop up headlights. Yea they're "dangerous to pedestrians", yea they break easily, yea they give more drag when up, yea they give worse mpg when up. Yea they are pretty much worse in every way than normal headlights.

But come on, they're so cool

I really like these

What are you on about, the door handles literally don't matter at all.

More like jaws of destroy car
just climb out from the window lazy fuck

holy

>both legs broken, maybe collarbone and some rib(s)
>bleeding out
>dazed and hardly conscious
Yeah just go ahead and climb out of your window like that. You already wrecked the car, the jaws of life opening the door and destroying it in the process is more important for saving your ass than your car being slightly less totaled.

Holy fuck you're retarded that's not in the slightest correct. I work in the fire field and that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Loop handles are just as garbage. If the firefighters can't open your door they won't fuck around with the handle. Also you don't cut the roof of the car off when your legs are stuck under the dashboard. You cut the doors of and preform what's known as a dash lift. Cutting the roof off is for special cases where the patients spine needs to be imobilized on a backboard with very little room for error. Don't spew shit if you don't know what you're talking about.

how are they dangerous to pedestrians?

they become like knives when you get hit by one

>what is a crowbar

Easily accessible ashtrays in the front and especially back. And not those mug-type trays that fit in the cupholders either.

Yeahyeah cigarettes are disgusting, how could you ruin your interior like that blahdyblah.

If me and my passengers smoke during a night out in the town, I'd much prefer stumping them into a tray inside and cleaning any stains/ash later on that throwing that shit on the streets. Toyota had this sorted out in the 90's.

>all modern cars have shitty barn door handles because muh safety

Figures. Those integrated door handles were pretty much scratch proof.

I doubt it, newer handles are still made from shitty chink plastic. It would have to be made out of solid metal to use it as any kind of leverage.

>It would have to be made out of solid metal to use it as any kind of leverage.

Buy a non shit car

I knew American cars were garbage but come on

most of the european cars i see have plastic handles and i'm european

Plastic door trim. Its all high beltlines now with so much empty space on the door and nothing to protect the door if someone decides to smash into it.

Only ancient shitboxes have those

Mine doesn't.

It might feel like plastic but it's not.

Comfy car hubcaps like the ones from the 80s/90s. Especially the ones that are all swirly. Don't get the modern obsession with rims on just about all cars.

well good for you retard, you're not in the majority

Wut car and what is made out of then?

Look up the base model chevy spark. It's even more "Basey"

pop up headlights

Aero hubcaps were the shit.

I miss the seatbelts that were installed on or were connected to the door.
>Getting out of the car without unbuckling your seatbelt

Why did these go out?

visibility

Same. I miss simple, humble cars that made no pretense.

i miss my deville

muh pedestrian safety or some other equally inane bullshit

cheap cars that actually were cheap

theyre all fucking flimsy you actually dont know what your talking about

>touchscreens that add nothing to the driving experience
>useless safety bullshit that only weighs you down
>automated parking, braking, etc

i fucking hate the general population for being such cucks & accepting these """"features""""

> manual AC controls instead of touchscreen or digital shit that is harder to operate while driving
>manual Windows, electric ones always die
>lack of beeping when you don't wear a seatbelt, pull handbrake, leave lights on etc
>no automated breaking bullshit
>

They're kinda ugly too..

>elbow height window ledges
>retractable antennas
>muh pop ups