Is Lincoln alive?

Why is Lincoln not trying anymore?

Why can't they bring out a sports-sedan like Cadillac makes their ATS(v) or CTS(v)?

Why is Lincoln so boring?

Other urls found in this thread:

autozine.org/Archive/Ford/classic/Continental_MkII.html
youtu.be/z3eN9u5N2Q4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they were never trying

they are made for old people too stupid to realize that its a ford with leather seats

Yeah they really should start pandering to basement NEETs who exclusively buy second-hand shitboxes

>americans
>even trying to make luxury cars

the best american luxury car cannot even compete with the worst german/japanese luxury car.

cadillac makes rolling piles of trash catered to niggers, & lincoln sells cars to geezers to fucking stupid to spend their money elsewhere.

Lincoln is very alive in the wealthy beach neighborhoods near me. You'll often see some high end German car or SUV, next to a modest Lincoln car or SUV. I think it's a good pair. Lexus sounded make visually appealing cars, or they just copy Germans, and Infiniti is too wacky. Lincoln tends to have conservative lines and headlight designs, which draws a different crowd.

That's all. Ford ain't going nowhere. Lincoln does very well in China.

They tried pretty hard till the turn of the millennium when they gave up

can't decide if it look more like an audi or a jaguar

Its definitely based on the new jag.

I'm kind of sad Mercury went the way of the dino. They tried right at the end with the Marauder and the Cougar, but never really interested anyone. Which is sad because Toyota was doing exactly what Mercury USED to do with Scion.

Ford already tried that

Lincoln is kinda being revived

New navigator this year, new aviator next year, mustang based Lincoln the year after

Lincoln is developing its own D6 platform that all lincolns will be based on starting in 2019 with the Zephyr (MKZ replacement) and aviator, with minimal to no parts sharing with Ford

They don't make sports sedans because it isn't their philosophy, even in the 80s they refused

Just another tier 2 luxury shitbadge

Why is everyone on this board so damn salty towards America? Like I don't understand...

Not even being salty. American cars are just shit.

No dude, you're salty.

No, they're shit.

>OOH THIS CADILLAC STD IS GONNA KILL BMW FOR SURE
>OOOH BUT THIS TIME THIS CADILLAC ATM IS GONNA KILL BMW
>B-BUT AT LEAST THIS ALFA IS GONNA KILL BMW
>WHY WON'T YOU DIE ALREADY BMW?!!

Pic related is the harsh truth.

hah, that's a clever ad

It's butthurt yuropoors valiently defending the one thing they do better than America or weeaboos with an inferiority complex that worship Japan in every frontier. Generally American cars are inferior for a variety of reasons typically related to uneven competition with sales in Europe, that aside, nobody on this board can admit when American makes a decent car among the shit, which is ironic because at least America is trying, most Japanese companies have stopped trying to be sporty alltogether and they still get more praise from Veeky Forums

>badgewhores buying base model bmws
Honestly, I don't find it surprising why so many bimmers were destroyed during chash for clunkers.

takes a long time to build a brand from essentially zero
cadillac needs to make good stuff like the ats for a decade at least

t. never drove a cadillac made after 2010

>minimal to no parts sharing with Ford
Jesus fucking Christ, user. You obviously have no concept of how economies of scale work. If you think Ford just spent the last decade spending god knows how much money developing their eco-boost motors to then not use them in Lincolns, then you've gone full retard.

>they were never trying
Just gonna leave this here for you:
autozine.org/Archive/Ford/classic/Continental_MkII.html

...With a name like Lincoln you think they're going to make supercars?

This is good.

Are you fucking for real? Lincoln pull some epic rebranding out of nowhere and managed to prove themselves worthy while brands were being cut. Same applied to buick. Honestly I have no idea why chevy is still around though.

>that cougar
Muh deek

>tfw really like the new continental
it reminds me a lot of the old MKZ and Milan

Remember when Lincoln was good?

Not buying the ultimte master race baka. Go kill yourself you plebs

I predicted that Lincoln would suffer the same fate as the now defunct Mercury. Leaving Ford as a lone wolf company.

>tfw never get the LS back

What the fuck happened to all of these? I remember seeing there being a fuckton of them about 13 years ago and now they're as rare as a Ferrari.

>tfw once upon a time, I almost bought one for $3k, with literally all five shop manuals, and an extra set of spoked hubcaps
>tfw I passed because it was at a BHPH and I didn't trust myself not to get screwed
Somewhere in Orlando, a true baby blue Continental roams...

>badging a lexus which is full of parts different from Japanese spec as a toyota

you are the baka here

>clearly RHD

>being this retarded

>someone likes me car

I actually like what Lincoln has done recently with its rebranding and the cars they're making...If I could afford one I'd get it. Besides it's not like any other of the American car brands are doing amazing work either.

It's not like the other American car companies are putting out

They can't copy-paste designs fast enough

youtu.be/z3eN9u5N2Q4

They shared a shitload of jaguar parts, and therefor are unreliable as fuck. They should have put the 32v modular in them but instead they used Jags 4.0 v8 and flooded auctions and junkyards shortly after.

there is one for 4 grand at the ford dealership here, i actually considered buying it until i remembered how fucking unreliable they are.

probably just going to spend a bit more on a subaru

Exactly how many Cadillacs have you been in? Mine is comfy and handles like a dream.

One thing people never touch on is that Lincoln is a stupid name for a car brand. It's a weird word. It has a bunch of soft consonants that don't inspire any aggression or strength.

Just compare it to Cadillac. It starts and ends with a hard consonants with the middle of the word just serving to carry you from stem to stern.

This is why they will never be able to offer sporty cars that sounds as cool as other brands.

Take their nameplate, Zephyr, for example. Fantastic word. Immediately conjures up imagery of gusts of wind, speed, and the freedom those words entail.

Now add it to Lincoln: Lincoln Zephyr.

Versus:

The Cadillac Zephyr. Say it out loud. Notice just how much more aggressively you move your jaw to saw Cadillac Zephyr vs. Lincoln Zephyr.

tl;dr The word Lincoln sucks.

Lincoln is actually doing very fucking well right now.

They don't cater to performance buyers, but rather to people looking for comfy road cocoons and they are actually good at making these, at a relatively affordable price too.

That said, models with the 3.0 Turbo are legitimately fast. They're tossing out 400hp.

Whats the best auto maker that has the closes thing to a 90s landbarge these days? Lincoln? or am i out of luck

The new lincoln continental

the new continental, a Kia K900, or a Buick Lacrosse. All three are comfy couch-mobiles.

It's hard for euros to own a car bigger than a mini because of their shitty small countries. its jealousy.

Buick Lacrosse.

I just want one of these

Someone needs to study their JDM

You can get a 2017 MKZ with 400HP. If the thing had a different nameplate it would be more liked. The car was not made for the 99% of the Veeky Forums crowd anyway.

lincoln sold about 105,000 units last year, lexus sold about 166k. mercedes on the other hand sole 380k cars. people just seem to think german equals luxury. german equals over priced and fussy. lincoln doesn't really need to try because ford is doing so well. they increased lincoln sales by over 6 percent from 2015 to 2016. fords doing fine. lincoln too.