/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

Recruits Revenge edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

Rainbow Six Siege menu and art assets
imgur.com/a/g3ccy

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
5.3 - Patch is live
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-2-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9T0v0kq5s
youtu.be/0q71u62vp_k?t=116
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really. He's only relatively better and even then he's maxed out if the enemy team wants to run a spam build

>Run grenade spam build
>Take Thermite, Buck, Sledge, Fuze, Capitao
>Fuze the objective to waste ADS (if it's there), do damage to defenders, and destroy jammers / batteries
>Thermite objective
>Smoke it out with thermite to waste any remaining ADS or just fucking smoke it out
>More Fuze spam
>Throw frag grenades at any potential camping spot
>On secure or defuse Capitao can spicy arrow and smoke to prevent any roamers returning
>This doesn't even include the obvious benefits of Buck and Sledge doing their thing

If there isn't a Jager or you don't care for smoke you can also just take a Claymore as thermite for extra "FUCK YOU" utility

But the game is already fucking insane for spam if you want it to.

The more I die to people who I can't see on my screen the more I start to wonder if ubi even plays their own game.

i put it in, you can tell because it's the only header thing i forgot to greentext.

>SECRET LAST INCIDENT ONLINE ONLY
fucking kill me

>hibana dud pellets

Does IQ's scanner pick up on gadgets that are still in the process of being placed?

>can't shop while matchmaking

I'm like 200 hours in and I still can't get over this. At least let me tinker with my loadouts.

It's the fucking worst. Ubisoft is so incompetent I don't even understand how.

It's called "situations" Ivan :)

I have never seen a laser tripwire trap kill anyone. Why is this character even in the game?

play on day maps

yeah whatever same thing

You haven't been play long have you?

>Equip Acog
>Suddenly mvp 4 times in a row

This thing is fucking disgusting

you think it's bad now, you should have seen this fishook

Why is pen so fucky in this game?
You can't penetrate a wooden chair on one map but you can penetrate a solid metal object on another.

real solution = split Jager's device between defenders as a generic gadget and give him a new utility

>why is x so y in this game

Answer is always: Ubisoft is incompetent.

the art and mapping teams don't get along

>that metal thing in the dining room on hereford

it looks like it should be bulletproof, yet isn't

>so many sale shitters sub-40 level

is this a plague at all ranks?

Why is top floor favela a bomb location, it's absolutely impossible to defend unless the attackers are fuckin poptarts.

>8 sections of breachable wall from 3 angles, all of which lead outside, on top of one doorway, 2 windows, and extremely little cover with reliable escape only being possible SOMETIMES by breaking a hatch and giving up the objective with absolutely no way for people outside the objective to provide any support whatsoever
>using reinforcements to fully barricade top floor just means the bomb on the floor underneath is fucked instead, but that's also assuming you somehow managed to keep top floor safe from hibana, thermite, thatcher, fuze, anyone with frags, etc

Did you just finish that match with me?

See

favela is that map where they decided to just throw balance out the window

It's actually reasons like this why I think Ubisoft should allow objective voting in casual and, win or lose, you can't pick that objective again (whereas ranked you can repick an objective if you lose defending it)

>that's my finger

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9T0v0kq5s

No way a man clicks that fast

Yeah I'm feeling like that's bullshit. I also find it funny that now that Serenity is using DMRs you can't find a single Buck, Twitch or Blackbeard using anything but them.

Defenders are terrorists

He has to be using a macro holy shit

The Siege menu and art assets link should be added to the asset packs section in the pastebin guide

Bind to mouse wheel?

You're a genius.

No wait. You're a retard, whatever, same thing.

Here's an even better example
youtu.be/0q71u62vp_k?t=116

>video is named Glaz smoke tactics
>it's a single mediocre glaz kill followed by some 10/10 cav plays
>never uses Glaz again
For what purpose?

also
>that cav kill against Fuze
It's shit like this that is why I am happy to be playing on console tbqh

Ditto
Hopefully pastebin guy comes back soon, a few threads ago he said he was still away on holiday or something, back when people were suggesting some revamps to the guide

>laser removed
>fishhook back

???

You guys are just le haters

>can't click fast
get some damn dexterity you sloths

>someone throws an explosive
>entire area is coated in a thick dust-fog
>if its daytime it becomes hypernova bright for some people
My friends can see through this perfectly fine but on my screen I can't.

It's easy to click fast. It's a lot harder to click fast and still aim accurately.

No way Jose, that hook is way easier to spot than the laser, from either side even.

Do you have bloom on? What about your brightness and gamma? I find that I have a lot less problems seeing through bright areas compared to people here and my friends that play, 90% of the time.

This is true, but you have to keep in mind Serenity can almost completely compensate for the C8's recoil, so the CAMRS probably wouldn't be a problem, as shown.

Sure I can click that fast but as said clicking that fast and countering the recoil to keep your sight on what you're making disappear is two different things.

If you can't click faster than glaz's firerate you've got more arthritis than thatcher in your twenties.

CAMRS with the muzzle brake isn't nearly as hard to control as you'd think.
Also, what kind of grip do you have on your mouse where clicking rapidly messes up your ability to move the mouse accurately? I personally don't have problems with that.

>clicking rapidly messes up your ability to move the mouse accurately

Where was that implied? My hand doesn't go crazy because I'm moving my finger.

This right here. Clicking that fast isn't that hard. What is hard is clicking that fast while aiming down the sights, getting a bead on an enemy, controlling recoil, and even the kicker of controlling actions on the keyboard with the off hand.

This combination of actions and muscle memory is shit that Tier 1 old school SC players had troubles with.

>hit detection isn't going to get better no matter how much you wish it would

>comparing basic FPS inputs, aim, and recoil control simultaneously to SC shortcuts
In no way the same thing.
How does clicking quickly make controlling recoil harder then? I don't understand where that's coming from. Your sights blocking your target profile is only an issue on pistols because they can't equip optics, and on anything other than that visual recoil shouldn't hinder your ability to aim at a target once you learn where the center of your screen is.

>the game is never going to be perfectly balanced because Ubisoft entrusted this game to the B Team

The game is the best it's ever been and it took a year to get there - but we got Spaniards dropping in a fucking month and, well, what else can they do next midseason reinforcements except fuck everything up?

I mean when you have people agreeing the recent BB nerf landed TOO HARD maybe you should rethink how badly you are fucking up this game

>The game is the best it's ever been

Haha

This guy wants to go back to dust line

>Shields are somewhat usable again
>Tachanka is actually not 100% shit
>Claymores and Impact grenades were somehow not a problem on any level
>No massive roaming meta
>No immortal BB
>SMG's, Rifles and Shotguns actually somewhat proportional instead of autoshotty spam

What exactly are your grievances?

>I mean when you have people agreeing the recent BB nerf landed TOO HARD
Nah its fine

Balance wise sure. Bugs, hit registration, netcode and sound are completely fucked beyond belief and it all seems to have been made even worse in 5.3.

Vast majority of people felt the 150 HP shield was a good balance and BB was in a good place finally. I'm sure everyone would agree if it went from like 150 to 120 or even 100 it'd be fair.

More than halving it on that total is weird, considering how it started at 800 and now it's 60

>believing things get magically worse because you say so

The reality is bigger problems (game design and balance) are mostly being fixed, so now you are focusing more on the smaller issues. Hit Registration wasn't as big of a deal as getting blown up by nitros, murdered by auto shotties and having BB murder you with immunity from every window.

>Hit Registration wasn't as big of a deal as getting blown up by nitros

You don't really believe that do you?

>throw grenade at 45 degree angle at well
>it bounces back in my face
sasuga ubichan

At what point am I worried about sometimes 1-2 bullets not doing damage when I have 4 nitrocells on the defending team every match and a 2 speed semi automatic shotgun that can snipe people from half way across the map

The fact you are arguing with this shit suggests you weren't around for the Dust Line meta and are in fact fairly new

Hit detection is honestly fine now. There have been hitches with certain characters having fucked hitboxes, like Valk, (which was patched with 5.2), but the majority of actual issues come from the shitty, low budget servers, which give everyone a higher-than-normal ping, exacerbating the problems that almost all multiplayer shooters are going to have just because they're online.
Peekers advantage exists in all shooters, but higher ping makes it worse, and the one-shot-headshot rule makes it seem even bigger of a problem since TTK is potentially instant.
Situations where you shoot someone and no shots register is not "hit registration" strictly. It's not like the hitboxes are so broken that they just stop existing at times, that's just ping and connection delay not matching up with your client. This is the only part that you could chock up to being partially bad netcode; if you're not moving according to the server because your refresh is fucking up, or your ping is insanely high, you should honstly get stuck in place or rubberbanded back to where the server thinks you are, but it mostly only seems to do that if you pass through geometry that the server thinks is still in place because that's a huge no-go. Letting you walk around and fruitlessly shoot people in the face is way more frustrating than just being stuck in place, or at least it should be.
TL:DR Servers are to blame, not all the false issues that /r6g/ and Reddit cry about every day.

You caught me. I've only been playing since tuesday.

Hitreg and shit like that were worse at the time of the game's release and during Skull Rain

>tfw I'm gonna be sick of this game before even getting TO ranked play

>At what point am I worried about sometimes 1-2 bullets not doing damage
Now this is funny, because I literally just argued that hitreg isn't as much of a problem as everyone says it is, but this is still a retarded argument to make. The game has a one-shot headshot rule. One bullet can literally mean the difference in a victory in any 1v1 situation. That's just a stupid thing to say user.

BB is in the best place he's ever been since his release. He actually rewards high-skill play instead of acting as a crutch for poor aim and/or reaction time.
He now only has a split second buffer over any enemy in a 1v1 if they both engage at the exact same time, which is more than enough to survive situations you normally wouldn't at high level play. If he has the element of surprise or moves in without holding hard angles for extended periods of time and giving away his direction of approach, even pro players won't be able to not aim for the head as a first response. He's still great if you play him differently than people did before, that's the mistake people are making. You can't just turtle angles with him without getting punished now, you have to play him more dynamically.
That being said, he should get his ads time tweaked to be normal when his shield's down. That shit just doesn't make sense currently.

>reliably landing a headshot
>against dust line era roamers

Literally not happening dude

can the guy who said A FUCKING LEAF please kill himself, ty

What does Dust Line have to do with anything he said? You've lost the plot.

As a rule it's a positive trend, things are improving for sure. However these things do go up and down and IMO this last patch was a bit of a step backward on the """hit detection""" front. Maybe I've had a few off days or whatever, but I feel like I'm getting a LOT more blood sprays for no damage and similar issues.

Again, anecdotal, but a few people I've played with have mentioned it too.

Shit servers are for probably to blame.
To the city where the servers are hosted from my home I get ~20ms.
To the R6 servers I get ~75ms (in menu)
In game I am between 100-120.

Well beat me to it,
but as well as what he said, I honestly don't know what you're talking about. How does someone being a roamer magically make them headshot resistant? Can you enlighten me?
I've played since launch btw, yet I'm still confused by what you're trying to say

>Joostenposter
I'm completely fine with this
Don't think I haven't noticed you

First part was meant for

5.3 absolutely made Siege wonkier. I've gotten so many headshots when my sights weren't even near their heads as well as shots not registering at all.

he means that in dust line, 3 speeds were even more of a nightmare as the visual model was only ever a very vague suggestion of where the hitbox was at any given moment.

Anyway BB is in a great spot now. The 1-2 round buffer can be a real life saver.

tfw not crazy

>what makes them magically headshot resistant

The fact it's not a conventional gunfight. They still have to deal with hit reg issues too, but they are flying through the map coming at flanks and hip fire spamming before you can even bring your gun up to get a bead on them

The point is hit detection wasn't even really fucking discussed back then because people were complaining about

>Cops and Roamers meme
>Flank or C4 meme
>Frosts absurd shotgun
>OP Pulse and Roaming Valk Shot guns
>Nitrocell abuse
>the "when will tachanka ever get a buff" discussion
>the "why is blitz and monty so shit" discussions
>That Ubisoft employees programming the lighting system for inside outside viewing has never been outside of his mothers basement before

Nobody gave a fuck about hit reg back then. It came up, but there were way bigger fish to fry. It was just another problem on a mountain of much bigger problems.

i NEED a spec ops gf

>The point is hit detection wasn't even really fucking discussed back then

What the flying fuck are you smoking, son?

Hit detection has been the number one gripe with this game ever since release.

No one was talking about Dust Line balance until you brought it up.

It's been the most consistent gripe and present but never the largest. If you don't think we had months of constant BB shitposting you are dumb as a mule

Fluctuation in connection quality could have something to do with player count and server stress on Ubi's side of things. If you look at the trends of people complaining about hitreg and such, you could argue the frequency of the complaints lines up with approximate player count.
Ubi really need some better servers. Hopefully if the Division dies soon we get their shit because I can only imagine the servers meant to run an MMO are gonna be way better than ours.

I stopped playing for few months or so right after Dust line because all of my friends ditched it for other shit. I hopped back in solo right after Skull rain launched, so I didn't get a whole lot of hands on with Dust line early in its launch. Was it really that bad? I played all through Black Ice's season, and I personally never had any "hitreg got me killed" or "Totally should've killed him" moments throughout that whole 3 months. If I dodged the worst of it with Dust line I'd like to know, but when I came back with Skull Rain I still never had issues.
Even now, the only time I ever consistently have problems with that sort of thing is when I'm fighting Brazilians, or when I try to use Tachanka's new turret, because that thing is broken as fucking shit holy hell.

Does playing ranked in another datacenter affect your stats across the board? Since your stats carry over but your rank doesn't?

You dodged the worst of it during DL. Skullrain fixed some of it, and the midseason reinforcements right after pretty much fixed a good 80-90 percent of it.

The tldr is that since BB was unkillable and in every match, everyone just chose a roamer and tried to avoid getting peeked by the beard. Valk, Frost Pulse and sometimes Bandit were pretty much in every match at minimum. You just got blown up or shotgunned from a mile away

someone post the shining edit with black beard coming through the door at valk

I wish I had recording software up back then.
I had some hilarious Sniper-90 moments.

I knew BB was shit for the game back at 800 shield hp, but i guess I never really got to see his effects firsthand and see how he affected the meta.
Glad I missed it.
Was the netcode insanely worse than Black Ice or has it pretty progressively gotten better from season to season? Considering the group I play with rarely had problems even back then I'd appreciate more accounts on it, especially for the time I missed.

Honestly it's what I said above - there have been so much actual, real problems that affected the game substantially that hit reg was never a real issue for most people. Every /r6g/ we'd see a few webm's get posted of someone landing that headshot and blood splatter but they have full health, but it wasn't something that affected every single match that you played

Now that most of the real issues (read: balance) are resolved, the hit reg and netcode (ie: 3 speed peeking abuse) is the worst one the game has, so it's getting more and more attention now. It's went from being regularly mentioned to it's the worst problem the game has now.

The game is in the best place it has ever been balance wise - if they were to fix hit reg, net code and the blinding light the windows have / not being able to see inside from outside then all the problems the game has had since Day 1 will have been resolved.

They are unlikely to do it tho

was fun but calling it at 11 hours played, 0.36 win ratio, 0.46 K/D ratio. I'm done see ya guys.

Git gud

A better solution: Make Jäger's gadgets better but make him 2/2 or 1/3 speed so that he's no longer a roamer but rather a room defender. He should be like Bandit: You listen for a fuze and put down your device which is very reliable at frustrating the attack.

>paying for less than a hour of gameplay per buckaroo

what if instead of having X amount of intercepts, the magpies operated on a system where they become active and shoot down any projectiles in their area for 1.5 seconds, then they enter a 15 second cooldown phase. Each unit can become active twice.

Read
I honestly think ping on either side of things may be the culprit of many "broken hitreg" incidents in the game, though not all, of course. Making servers more stable or straight up upgrading them might fix a lot of the problems, but if they don't have the capacity to upgrade servers on a large scale like that, lag compensation would have to be severly reworked to mitigate the problems people have. Unfortunately, any way of tackling this will have problems, and worst case scenarios will always appear;
>favor the shooter
Now peekers advantage is crucial
>favor the server
Now shots won't feel like they're registering if you have a ping over 30 ms
>Favor the shootee
Now shots won't register if someone ducks behind cover on their screen before the server updates their position on yours.
No matter which way they try, high ping will make it feel broken. I've played with a lower ping most of my time with the game, so I can only assume this is why I have a better experience, but this also tells me they need better servers, or servers closer to more areas to lower ping.

As for the lighting, i can see the progress each time they claim to "fix" it, so I'm personally patient for the day where I barely notice any dynamic exposure anymore. That'd be great, but 5.2 actually did make a bigger difference than many seemed to notice. I'm hopeful for future changes.

It takes more than 11 hours to get used to the game. Most of it is just map knowledge.

git gud

He's still a must-pick even then. Anyone ant does a job that important with no subsitutes will practically force a pick. Splitting up his gadgets between point defenders like Rook, Echo, Smoke, And others would let defenders be more flexible with their picks. Jager gets a less important tool that complements his roaming style but doesn't give his team such a drastic advantage and now picking him is a tradeoff to someone else with more team utility.

Goodbye shitter, don't play my game ever again

I read your post and fully understand, my point is not that it has gotten worse but that it's the most glaring issue in the game because all the more pressing matters and more obvious matters have been addressed and fixed.

The real problem is "fixing" the issue would require a complete reworking of the games networking. As in, completely replace it with a more optimized system. The original programmers and people capable of making a Triple A tier netcode are long since off this project, and the skeleton crew in charge of producing DLC and headgear does not have the skill or capability to do this.

It's part of the reason we see them "fixing" lighting multiple times and, well, it's never fixed.

This may also tie into why we haven't gotten a new gameplay mode and the "Season Pass" promise of a new game mode resulted in just "No hud mode that can only be played in private matches" and Season 2 doesn't even promise one. Maybe they don't feel confident in their design abilities, or maybe changing the code to allow anything significantly different would be too troublesome for them. Who knows.

We got hats and skins for days so it shows where their skillset lies

>tfw plane when you realize you'll be playing against glaz AND the Spanish sniper

mad

>valuing games in the amount of hours of your terrible life they while away

>Spanish sniper
Literally what