/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Big Bull Bowser Edition

This is a general for discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.

Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/
Watch the Nintendo Switch Presentation Here: youtube.com/watch?v=uuC4YLLkqME
Learn More about the Switch's Features here: nintendo.com/switch/

>Important News
「!」Join Nintendo Treehouse for a Look at Newly-Announced Switch games Jan 13th 9:30 AM ET: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/819776325795708930
「!」Nintendo Switch to have paid online: polygon.com/2017/1/12/14057166/nintendo-switch-paid-online-service
「!」Breath of the Wild Story Trailer and Release Date Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
「!」Super Mario Odyssey Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=5kcdRBHM7kM
「!」Splatoon 2 Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=qN4w5D2tzME
「!」Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=tKlRN2YpxRE
「!」1-2 Switch Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=j7p47TOmicQ
「!」Arms Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=k7s3UB_8dFM
「!」Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
「!」Fire Emblem Warriors Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=POsTR5iy_TI
「!」Super Bomberman R Announced: youtube.com/watch?v=f98ZwgzYyig
「!」Puyo Puyo Tetris Coming to the Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=HQ4ia1-1CPs
「!」Sonic Mania Coming to the Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1SbHLXlH8

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/hWCftThw
Switch - [In Progress]

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=03UeITHT9H8
lmgtfy.com/?q=nintendo switch zelda battery life
youtube.com/watch?v=BIhagVVGB9s
animexpansion.com/forums/uploads/1273653829/gallery_200_53764.png
animexpansion.com/forums/uploads/1273653829/med_gallery_200_25847.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How well do you think it'll sell?

MK8G is back baby

I don't get it, why can't Nintendo get their shit together?

How can any marketing team continue to 1-up themselves in how badly they market their latest product?

>Paid online
>$299 for underpowered hardware
>2 launch titles (1 port and 1 Wii fit tier game)
>Peripherals are overpriced as fuck ($70 controller etc)

I can't wrap my head around this shit..

LITERALLY MARIO ADVENTURE

Here's the NA launch lineup

discuss

>paid online

>You have to understand though that's going to sell a lot right there, casuals still exist and they enjoy that stupid shit, that will help sell things to a lot of people that aren't like us.
The casual market's gone my dude. Nintendo's chasing a dream from a decade ago.

Better than the Wii U, paid online will not be so successful hopefully forcing them for free online

>PAID ONLINE
>32 gigs internal memory again

MAMMA MIA!

Rayman Legends again

hopefully it's the superior version where you don't have to babysit rayman with the touchscreen

REMINDER
Everyone and anyone talking trash about the Switch is a troll! They're only mad because of paid online, everything else about it is amazing!
Nintendo Switch has plenty of games! Mario and Zelda are perfect reasons why everyone should buy one!

It is one world out of I assume at least 10. You'll get over it.

It is literally Quick Draw though. There's no game. I don't get it. Hopefully this shit ends up being the Wii 2 and ends up selling like hotcakes and we get some solid titles near the end of its lifecycle, but I just don't see it.

1!2! Switch reminds me of Wii Music.

You're trying too hard.

Then we get to pay for spla2n twice and wait until fucking Christmas for another actual game.

If Mario was a launch title, I actually wouldn't argue. Basically the only reason to own nintendo consoles any more.

This.

They've moved on to phones.

I just want the pain to stop.

Fucking not even ARMS.

You're killing me. I'm actually kind of excited about ARMS.

I never really understood the nintenyearold meme until now. Jesus Christ you guys will defend anything Nintendo shits out, won't you?

it will sell a shit ton. it doesnt have a retarded name. has a presence. will have pokemon, and FE, smt, and monster hunter and the like,will have a fuck ton of games.

A good 80% of us are incredibly unhappy. A good 15% don't care how bad the Switch is because of Zelda hype.

Are you okay, lad? Like 90% of the last thread was doom and gloom.

>I never really understood the nintenyearold meme until now.

So you're literally retarded.

made the mistake of looking the the Switch R*ddit and was greeted with this as one of the most upvoted things

Jesus Christ

this and "it's okay when nintendo does it"

Gor's new waifu

Where did this image come from?

I'm not going to defend the shit launch line up, but everything else is solid.

My main concern was the games, and they delivered.

Worse than the Wii U

You're delusional, it's already off to a worse start in everyway

Wii U launch
>Huge momentum from their most successful generation that had the DS (Most successful Nintendo handheld) and the Wii (Most successful Nintendo console)
>Backwards compatibility

Switch launch
>No momentum from their WORST generation that had the Wii U (Worst selling Nintendo console) and 3DS (Worst selling Nintendo handheld)
>Paid Online
>Overpriced
>1 decent launch title that's on the Wii U

Where's the fucking Pokemon main title that everyone was saying would "guarantee the Switch to be a success!"?

How is that any different from the card /v/ sent after the 2014 E3?

More like a lot more people not on Veeky Forums actually like it and thinks its cool or a good idea.

paid online... thats another story and the only reason people are mad right now.

This is probably too much to ask but I'll do it anyway: What is your honest opinion on the Nintendo Switch after watching the presentation?

Personally I'm left feeling very confused. It's hard for me to understand exactly who is being targeted by this console. It feels as though Nintendo is trying to tap into the success they had with the original Wii again but this time without all of the allure and mystique. I think overall if they picked the side of handheld instead of teetering in-between console and portable, the reception would be a bit better. Overall I'm interested to see what comes of the system but I don't know if it's really something I feel the need to own. Probably buy it sometime down the line.

>I need to link the Switch to my phone to invite friends and use voice chat

Somebody tell me I'm dreaming

>Carrying case
>Not even a zelda-styled switch

>Better than the Wii U
>it will sell a shit ton

Here we go again!

>everything else is solid
>2.5 hours
>having to pay for NINTENDO online
>joycon pricing
>console pricing
yeah............ solid

>the Switch

Ho boy, itsa Mamma Meme

Apologize to Konami.

It might be decent eventually when the games come out a year after its release.

Also the online thing is retardedly scummy, though AC is probably the only thing from nintendo I'd even play online.

This is surprisingly THICC for Nintendo. Bad angle?

>2.5 - 6 hours

Is there any word on how large the install size for switch games will be? Wondering how many games I can fit on an SD card.

>Only one single game on launch day

botw literally lasts 3 hours

If you think it wont sell better than the wii u which had terrible marketing your retarded.
moms thought it was just a wii.
come on this is a completely different beast. its gonna be nintendos ONLY console.

more games will be on the switch then if the wii u lasted 50 years.

I agree that Nintendo is still really trying to get the Wii audience again.

But compared to the Wii U reveal, this was much better.

My biggest complaint is the shit launch line up. They needed to do better, but didn't.

Overall, I'm optimistic about the Switch. I'll buy one, probably at launch. But Nintendo still has some growing up to do.

No, "she's" actually that fat

Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon were some of the main staples of the Wii U for me.
If Nintendo expects me to pay for online for another possibly failed console, they're out of their mind.
I went from thinking of picking it up on launch to completely putting it off.

>One game at launch

Why even bother?

Wow, they convinced me that I have literally no reason to want the Switch.

Go third party already, you stubborn fucks.

>its gonna be nintendos ONLY console.
oh it's this retard again

I'm so glad 1 2 Switch will last for 6 hours with brightness all the way off. After all, we don't need to look at the screen to play

youtube.com/watch?v=03UeITHT9H8

>literally 0 games on launch day
damn.......

it uses microSD and isn't even 1080p, so don't expect anything huge.

Nintendo is fucked unless they announce a new handheld.

>paid online
I hope the Switch becomes popular for stuff like 1 2 Switch and nobody pays for online play and Nintendo gives up on it

Its 3-6 hours not 3 hours, its a meme.
What are they gonna make? 3ds 2? because thats what your saying right? will people just make shitty outdated ds games in 2020?

Seeing how that one Lego game on the Wii U was like 35 gigs.

80% of a game.

She has a nice butt

That's not thicc, that's just fat.

>Buy it at launch
>Play for free online for half a year
>If Online isn't cancelled by September sell it,not having spent any money on bullshit online features
Woop de doo

UUUHHH, THICKER!

>Nintendo is fucked unless they announce a new handheld.

It is a handheld, thats what it is. thats the new handheld AND console.
Are you people braindead.

>What are they gonna make? 3ds 2?
Did you miss the N3DS, cause that was the 3DS 2.

It was 7 years between DS and 3DS so I wouldn't be surprised if they put out a new handheld in the next few years.

I'm onboard to get it for Mario and Zelda.
Bite me, you stubborn mule's rectum.

>It is a handheld, thats what it is. thats the new handheld AND console.
>Are you people braindead.
Are you? If you watched that official presentation which is the main thing people are going to think of for the switch, it said it was a home console like 5 times.

>its a meme
lmgtfy.com/?q=nintendo switch zelda battery life

It's a portable console you fucking dunce
Was the Wii U a handheld?

youtube.com/watch?v=BIhagVVGB9s

The Parental Controls video is heartwarming.

It has a handheld mode, it's literally called "handheld mode"

Why would they make another handheld to compete with their own fucking "handheld" console?

Wait did they really change the sexy great fairy to that. why.
the n3ds was a joke nobody bought it and nobody is making games for it. the system cant even play games right its not any better than the normal 3ds. that thing is so outdated that if it actually got support in 2020 let alone 2017 it would be funny.

Here you go, George. Enjoy, George.
animexpansion.com/forums/uploads/1273653829/gallery_200_53764.png
animexpansion.com/forums/uploads/1273653829/med_gallery_200_25847.png

>not 3 hours, its a meme.

Know what I found hilarious the most?

>Not the paid online
>Not the overpriced nature
>Not the underpowered tech
>Not the barren launch lineup (1 Wii U port and 1 Wii Fit tier game)

No, what I found hilarious was the fact that you need a Smart Phone app to use IN-GAME VOICE CHAT

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAABAHAHAHAHA

>the n3ds was a joke nobody bought it and nobody is making games for it. the system cant even play games right its not any better than the normal 3ds.
user you're gonna have to lower your meme intake

You are a fucking retard, this was the whole point for the console. to be a high powered handheld combo.

>sexy

They always looked like trannies. WW had the only non shit fairies.

>If you think it wont sell better than the wii u which had terrible marketing your retarded.

I just listed factual reasons as to why the Switch will underperform the Wii U and you throw an insult as if it's a viable argument

>come on this is a completely different beast. its gonna be nintendos ONLY console.

This is just pathetic

That part was worded in a weird way. I'm worried, but I think there's a chance that it was just them trying to look trendy, and you can actually still do it from the console itself, just with less fancy shit

>gotta keep the kids safe from predators!
and
>Nintendo online is only bad because it's free! It'll be better now that it's paid!

>Was the Wii U a handheld?
You're either a shitposter or you have a double digit IQ.

>Compete
So you ARE braindead, got it.

If that ends up being the case then Nintendo's braindead too.

because its true, really the n3ds was a scam and I feel sorry for the people that bought it.

>They always looked like trannies. WW had the only non shit fairies.
I thought OoT/MM fairies were great.

Though I would say WW fairies are better. WW had such a great aesthetic

Lets not forget the tp great fairy.

Sorry I have a better console? I don't see how you'd play monster hunter without it, or the nub addon thing.

>you need a Smart Phone app to use IN-GAME VOICE CHAT

no pls no

>It'll be better now that it's paid
The point is that they won't HAVE to gimp their servers because they were letting millions of people use it for free. They can still drop the ball, but it's the fact the servers might actually not be shit this time because people will have to actually pay for it, meaning they can put more effort into it.

Of course you're too blind to actually understand that simple concept.

not at all I have no idea what you are saying but the oot one is a classic, they made her a tumbler fat fuck now. Is this meant to be a joke.

I haven't played TP in fucking ages, they look ok__ I guess.

I still prefer OoT and WW

here's a response

>arguing with autistic Americans from /v/
You're fighting a losing battle.

TP great fairy takes the cake, really.
I'd rank the WW and LttP right below her.

I hope NOA doesn't ruin the cover by making it gold like usual.

She was ugly as fuck my nigga.

I have a ten times better thing than your shitty nub, the circle pad pro.
really the n3ds was only good if you didnt have one. but besides that nothing inside changed.

>Ask a question
>No answer, just an insult

Alright well that settles that.

Maybe it'll be like the zora queen from albw, or that's just one of them.

Is there a huge info dump somewhere?

The 3DS is the only fucking portable console doing even remotely well. Despite supposedly having low tech.

And what it is losing to is fucking phones because phones are more convinient, have games that are free and hey, actually have battery life. Higher graphics doesn't do shit.

Do you genuinely think prettier graphics in Pokémon are gonna make someone lug around this thing instead of playing some shitty free knockoff on their phone that has some hatcher bs?