Track Missile?

Been considering buying an old beater with some friends and just using it for track days to get some seat time. I was thinking about buying something along the lines of an EK Civic or E36 and stripping the shit out of it, putting in a bucket seat and just track it until it breaks, then fix it and repeat. How bad of an idea is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

speed.academy/track-alignment-specs-eg-ek-dc2-honda-civic-acura-integra/
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5969266179.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5944583930.html
denver.craigslist.org/cto/5939818733.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A civic will be better than an e36.
You talking road course or autox?

Literal track days. I'm in the UK, so Goodwood and Silverstone would be the first tracks that come to mind.

I'd say e36

That's what everyone uses here

Why would you even consider a civic for fun driving. It's a commuter car

OP, It's a great idea, I personally think you should get the civic, it's overall cheaper and way more fun to hoon a fwd shitbox around a track. I don't have experience with this but have friends that do and absolutely love it.

I'm not sure if you're trolling or just plain stupid.

YES you are right they are commuter cars, but you can upgrade them a bit to be trackable. They are cheap fun track cars.

That being said OP is in the UK and they did get Type R's which are pretty much DDable track weapons but OP said he's only looking for a track missile.

I'm going to assume you are under the age of 21 or worse 18, so you have no clue what you are talking about.

pic related is a gutted EG6 for track use and looks absolutely perfect imo

Not sure where you guys are but where I am any halfway decent civic is rice taxed to hell and back, whereas an e36 is dirt cheap.

Luckily for op parts are abundant for either

OP stated he is from UK, I dunno where you are from and which civic you are talking about but how much would an EK9 civic go for in your area? check your local craigslist.

>buying a car with your friends
Shiggy diggy. What do you do when one guy wants to get his share of money out? Grow the fuck up and stop watching haggard garage.

E36s and Civics are now considered equals

You can pick up an Ek3 for like £600 and a B16 for about the same

I know, any civic is much better than some old bmw tbqf.

there are a lot of factors. what year/trim civic/bmw and the track they are racing on.

whats done to the car etc also the most important thing, how good of a driver.

We don't measure cars only by their 0-60 times and their badge, i mean unless youre an underage cuck

exactly the opposite is true.

They both suck about the same

But the e36 is inherently flawed

>people out there actually spend thousands and thousands of dollars on shitbox beaters to go slow at the track with, instead of buying a kart that will cream cars 10x the price

>gears

you're right, having to replace the water pump makes the car totally not worth it. you should buy a no power FWD shitbox instead

muh cage

TaG kart still fast

or are you one of those guys who subconsciously needs to have their hands on a phallic object at all times

karts can have those, and they're usually proper dog-gear transmissions instead of the slow shifting, worn to fuck synchromesh gearboxes you find in the shitty old "track pigs"

karts are just better for cheap track days

Civic hands down, parts are cheap and it is stupid easy to work on. Also, if you plan to track a double wishbone honda, you should read this. speed.academy/track-alignment-specs-eg-ek-dc2-honda-civic-acura-integra/

Also this implies closer gear ratios instead of tall gears on a weak engine for mpgees, for far cheaper than you could build up a civic

literally everything performance related about a kart is better than any car you are going to buy for the price

they're like sportbikes on four wheels

OP should just get a kart and a trailer

>inb4 his DD is a miata and can't tow a kart

im pretty sure even a miata could tow a kart

and if not just get one of those trunk racks and strap it there

1.6 colt ~1992 - 1996

115 bhp
cheap as chips, handles well. No rice tax. Takes parts from same gen lancers etc.

Only a poorfag would care about "his part" of an old civic.

Thats not the exact oposite you inbread dumbass

Sadly socal, I've always wanted a civic hatch but beaners ask ridiculous amounts for them, like 3k shell or 5k for some barely running mess.
Can always find decent e36's between 2-3 grand.

what are you talking about?

I'd scoop this up if I were you.

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5969266179.html

or if you have a bit more to spend make an offer on this

losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/5944583930.html

fuck off marty

>$7k on a fucking civic

you would have to be literally retarded to buy a civic and a kart, trailer, all required gear for that much

and not a kart*

trust me OP, some econoshitbox with sticky tires isn't going to come anywhere close to as fun as even a basic kart

not to mention a track day in a car is like $200 and in a kart it's like $20

>doesnt know about supply and demand
>doesnt know that its or best offer.

stop shilling karts, they are shit.

In here good karts are 2k+, is it same in US?

You're in yuropoorland E36 parts are more obtainable than US also Civics have a popularity in UK so parts are obtainable too. If you get a non VANOS E36 it will be a bit easy to work on engine wise but a Civic will be definetly easier especially SOHC D motors

>implying just because someone else would spend $7k on a riced shitbox means you should

he's looking for a track car, not something to drive to work

yeah pretty much

i got an older tony kart shifter on craigslist for 1900. wont be competitive in any races, but fun as hell just to fuck around with on open practice days at the kart tracks

What's the engine of said kart? Is it sequential manuel? Max speed?

>HURRRRRRRRRRR CIVICS CAN'T BE DRIVEN ON THE TRACK

They been driven on the track way before you were born you cuck.

shifter karts use dirtbike engines, specifically honda CR80/125, they are all sequential 6 speed. depending on gearing they can do over 100, but the tracks i go to don't have straights that long

ofc 2 stroke shifter karts require a lot more maintenance. there are stock motor ones, and then highly modified ones like mine. they are really fast and not for beginners.

what you should probably look at is a briggs & stratton 206 or a clone (like predator or whatever its called). 4 stroke, not as fast, but will still be plenty of fun and a lot easier to handle for a newb, not to mention they last WAY longer.

>durr buy some riced out shitbox for your track car instead of an actual purpose built racing vehicle

Wait, cr hasn't been in production for like 10 years, where do they get these engines from?

Or I could just drive to Colorado or elsewhere to get one in similar shape for 3k

well they made like a billion of them, and im sure they made plenty of spares, so parts aren't hard to find at all

Get a Focus ST170, they're well under £1k now.

In what universe?

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5939818733.html

This one? There is a dozen on autotrader right now for under £1k.

Are you retarded or foreign or what?

It's most likely the best idea you've ever had. Do it and live the dream senpai, I'm more favored to the e36, but the civic might be a tad more reliable. Depends on how much you're willing to invest in this.

>prove I'm right
>call me a retard

Fuck Veeky Forums is the dumbest board.

Oh fucking hell I meant to quote Sorry. Guess I'm the retard.

please dont reproduce