>insurance is so expensive I don't even want a car anymore

What used cars would you recommend for someone in my situation considering:
>I don't make a lot of money
>I'm too tall to fit behind the wheel of a lot of smaller cars I've tried
>I'm going to be doing a shit ton of motorway miles

>>UK fag
>>license
Learn to English.

Get a 2001-2005 Ford Explorer. Comfy as fuck, and pretty cheap. find them all the time for under 2k with barely over 100k miles. They last forever as long as you maintain them.
DO NOT get a first gen explorer though.

Volvo

Have you read the second line of the OP post, or have you simply read the black bit?

tfw I pay £10 per hp for insurance

>ford explorer
>uk

explorers were sold in europe

the most american post itt rn

>I'm too tall to fit behind the wheel of a lot of smaller cars I've tried
>I'm going to be doing a shit ton of motorway miles
for the same size engine, a bigger car should be cheaper to insure than a smaller one because the smaller car will be a boyracermobile and the bigger one will be a boring barge. that fits the above 2 of your criteria at least.

just over £3/hp here

Yeah but they're a stupid fucking choice because they're usually run down to shit and fuel thirsty as all hell.

Age/car/NCD?

I feel like I'm getting raped

They got explorers in the UK

>hey're usually run down to shit
what the fuck used cheap car isnt? atleast they're reasonably reliable.
>fuel thirst as all hell
i get 26 highway and 20 city on my 2004. Not great by anymeans, but its not fuel thirsty as hell.

move to the US

it's like the UK except slightly better, and we drink weeaboo tea instead of black tea

if you dont mind giving up all hopes ford kas are pretty much the cheapest thing to insure

plus they are based on the fiesta so they are kind of fun to drive

or just wait a year, it goes down by like 50% or some shit. plus stick extra people on your insurance, iirc your mum and a grandparent is the cheapest combo i found

named driver on a parents policy until you're 25, only way to not get fucked by the insurance jew

yeah i was in the uk 4 years ago on a backpacking trip and rented a 1.3l golf for 3 days it was like $1000aud and Avis where pretty cool but holy fuck your insurance its absolutely stupid

Here in aus you can practically drive whatever you want and after you get your full licence after 4 years or around 22-23yrs of age you can drive anything

damn thats my 2nd repeating digits today boys.

This, the Ka isn't so bad as long as you don't look at it and don't expect much out of it other than cheapness. Whatever you get will be an utter rust bucket so I wouldn't put too much love into it, it'll only fail its MOT and be scrapped because it's full of holes. The ignition system isn't great either, especially on anything higher mileage although as with everything Ka it's cheap as fuck to replace.

Just buy a 15 year old Merc, volvo, or something that doesn't scream boiracer, they're like 1000~3000 pounds and dirt cheap to insure because of the age

>>I'm too tall to fit behind the wheel of a lot of smaller cars I've tried
try a Volkswagen New Beetle.
Trust me. Lots of headroom. Lots of legroom. All the mechanicals of a MK4 VW Golf.

pretty much this, got one for £300 and thrashed it for a few months before it failed the mot due to rust. just get one as cheap as possible with some mot on it, cause nothing cheap will pass its mot. but you are only buying this car as transport until you can get a decent car

Not him but £3.5/hp

23 / 04 Subaru WRX / 0 years

Although I've been driving 2 years. Try and see if you can get your car on Admiral multi car. Helps a lot.

>his parents didnt buy him a shitbox and pay for his insurance