Center Consoles

What is your opinion on center consoles in cars?

I personally won't own a car that has one. I am a long legged tall bastard and having my knee constantly hitting shit tier plastic is super annoying for multiple mile road trips. Putting a shifter, cup holders, and pockets and such in a permenant plastic log between the passenger and the driver that goes all the way to the dash always seemed incredibly fucking retarded to me, especially when I remember the big benefit touted about FWD cars being the removal of 'that pesky hump that runs down the length of your car so you have more leg room'. A simple fold down armrest with pull out cup holder fits the bill fine if you want storage and a place to set your drinks and having a floor shift for an automatic is incredibly retarded in the first place when a column shifter works fine.

As an aside, try working as a first responder and pulling some poor son of a bitch out through the passenger side because the driver side is smashed to shit and see if you still like that hunk of plastic being in the god damned way when you need to keep some poor fucker from bleeding to death in his Civic's cockpit.

I really dislike em. Especially on my 7th gen Accord, not only is the center console too low to hold my arm, but it sucks when my gf is trying to cuddle while I drive and there's this stupid block in the middle. Idk what the point of center consoles is unless you're in a fuckhuge F-150 made for absolute comfort where it's actually well thought out

>2017
>no biofoam custom molding itself around whatever object is placed on it

Damned hippies and their SJW ways sapping technological progress.

Post gf

The latest gen taurus is the biggest contender for this shit. The console takes up half the damn interior

Well you're going to have to buy a Starlet because it has the handbrake sticking out of the floor because the plastic stops right behind the shifter. You can't get more bare bones than that. Wish I had a pic, maybe I'll make one.

Fuck I hate the Ford Taurus even the interior is dooogshit

what the fuck were they thinking when they designed that radio?

One of the befits for having the bench seats in my Town Car is that it has lead to road head on multiple occasions.

Love them. They prevent any awkward contact in case of passenger and it makes it feel more like I'm climbing into a cockpit than a driver's seat.

Where do you put the gear lever?

>Ford Taurus

Smartphone app

>automotive board
>full of people that don't know that the center tunnel greatly increases chassis rigidity, and that's why even FF chassis have them these days.

I really hate you all.

Shitty ford interiors

fuck the aftermarket... same as my jeep :(

>we want the windows media player audience

Wouldn't ever own a car without it, gives a comfy feel, gives a lot of space to place things and have them close by. It's the only way. Also cars without console are mostyly shitboxes like picrel

I aint got much of an option

Dont mind them. I'm not terribly tall or fat, so its not in the way

I'll stick with my cuddle-approved bench seats

If its not too intrusive in my driving space then I mostly dont care.

>I dont have this problem in my W126

where's the fugging shifter senpai?

Make road head a lot more awkward. Front bench seats are GOAT

Seat all the way back is the perfect length and angle. I'm 6'2"
Also, not really related, but if I push the passenger seat all the way back, the space between it and the divider separating the trunk space acts as a perfect cup holder/burrito holder

The Ford Taurus must have the most rigid chassis in the universe. :o

>center tunnel greatly increases chassis rigidity

Body on frame. Problem solved.

Column shifter obviously, you can see a shadow of it.

A low slung console that stays the fuck away from my legs is okay, but unnecessary the bulk of the time. Like OP said, a fold down arm rest for storage with drink holders fits the bill fine and also opens up the front seat if I need more physical room or want a qt to slide up close for some cuddles or to lay out with her head or feet on my lap for a good snooze or to get a blow job or foot job while cruising down the road. You just can't get that with most cockpit like interiors.

>I like center consoles

Then you don't have a girlfriend

>I don't like center consoles

You either have a girlfriend or fat.

That's usually what it breaks down to. Although most fatties with not gf still like a center console to hold all their road snacks and shit.

>That whole post

My god, my sentence structure is beyond retarded and everything is coming out wrong when I post.

Time to stop posting on the internet for a while. Get some coffee. Take a shower, and chill.