Getting my full license which means in AUS I can finally drive a turbocharged car without being fucked...

Getting my full license which means in AUS I can finally drive a turbocharged car without being fucked, which one should I get anons WRX or XR6?

Other urls found in this thread:

3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Xr6

XR6T. Or if you want to be a sick cunt without coppers up your bum, get the G6E Turbo. Either one gets the job done.

The WRX is fun but you've got a big target painted on your back in one. And in a line (read; at stoplights or on highways) it's not as quick as the 'coons.

WRX, you want to be a Sikk Kunt don't ya?

You need a "full license" in Australia to drive a turbocharged car?

BARRA! BARRA! BARRA!

In some states. It all stems from this incident where some scumbag stole his father's 700awhp R34 GT-R (see; EVLR34) and crashed it, killing a pedophile, white trash, and himself in the process. Because he was on his P's the (((journalists))) jumped on it and insisted it was a consequence of newer drivers not being experienced enough to handle "fast" cars so the pollies went off and banned a bunch of different things in different states to appeal to concerned parents and dumb boomer voters.

Enforcement of this rule is a little harder, of course. Running plates doesn't tell you whether something violates the P-plater limits which vary by state and the average copper doesn't know a V6 from a straight six. Granted if HWP get you you're fucked. Even if you've done nothing wrong and HWP pull you over you're fucked because they're the sort of folk that hang you by your ankles and shake you till change falls out.

Just looked this up, top kek.

THE P-plate driver who killed himself and two friends in an horrific accident was joy-riding in the high-powered, high-speed car without permission, his father said yesterday.

Emile Dousset, 20, had sneaked the Nissan Skyline GT-R from the family garage after he had been told by his father Graeme it was "off limits".

Shortly after, he died instantly along with passengers Carl Homer, 33, and Mr Homer's 15-year-old, seven-month pregnant, girlfriend Natasha Schyf, when they crashed into a power pole at speeds estimated at up to 200km/h.

They were driving in a 50km/h zone on a residential street in the Central Coast town of Wyoming.

A devastated Mr Dousset said Emile had only driven the high-powered sports car "once or twice" before.

"He was not allowed to drive that car," he said.

"He was over that infallible stage when teenagers feel bulletproof. He knew how dangerous it can be. I spent a lot of time educating him on driving and powerful cars."

Mr Dousset, who returned yesterday from a six-month working trip in the UK after learning of his son's death, had been concerned the $110,000, souped-up car was too powerful for his son, whom he described as a "lovely, beautiful kid".

"I can't explain what has happened because I don't know," he said. "I certainly feel very, very devastated for everyone that's involved.

"There are three people that have lost their lives here and three families are very much affected by the whole thing."

Miss Schyf's parents, Margaret and Tony, were doing their best to deal with the loss of their daughter and future grandson.

Mrs Schyf had been due to take her daughter to birthing classes today to prepare for the big day, which was less than two months away.

Miss Schyf and Mr Homer, who met two years ago through friends, had just moved into a new home to start a family with their first child -- a boy -- and were already thinking of names.

[...]

Absolutely my man

Australian politics are ridiculous

I am mostly after fun factor but you're right in that I don't want the attention the WRX attracts especially from the police since in aussieland the cops are hungry for your wallet

[...]

"Carl and Natasha were perfect for each other, inseparable," Mr Schyf said.

"He was a lovely guy, everything for my daughter, and we were all looking forward to the baby."

Mrs Schyf, a Jehovah's Witness, said her daughter had not followed the family religion and went her own way, but was always happy.

Mr Schyf said P-plate drivers should be on a "three strike" rule, with an immediate jail term for anyone who strikes out, "regardless of how old they are".

"This is speeding. If all teenagers see this - what has happened to our family - they may think twice," Mr Schyf said.

According to residents of Chamberlain Rd yesterday, the flower-covered memorial to three lives lost had failed to make "a damned difference".

"Less than 24 hours later cars were hooning down the street again last night," resident Lisa Harris said. "We are having enough trouble sleeping as it is because it is really scary,"

Mr Dousset said his family would now try to deal with their loss as best they could.

"I understand there is a huge push on at the moment with P-plate drivers, and I understand it, and I agree with it, but I don't want to use my son as a vehicle for it," he said.

The Daily Telegraph

>Shortly after, he died instantly along with passengers Carl Homer, 33, and Mr Homer's 15-year-old, seven-month pregnant, girlfriend Natasha Schyf
>Carl Homer, 33
>Mr Homer's 15-year-old, seven-month pregnant, girlfriend

Did not know that was what started the knee-jerk reaction to start banning cars for P platers, one moron ruins it for everyone

Also 33 and 15? holy balls

Hot damn man, how can they get away with that kind of law? In modern days turbos are used in many econoboxes. It's not even like that was a widespread issue, it was just one turd in the punchbowl.

Although now that I mention it, in my state there was a law passed so that drivers under a certain age can't have certain occupants in the car. 15.5 years old until 18 years old you can't have more than one passenger that isn't an adult family member. It stems fom an incident where a kid and 3 of his friends were burning rubber in his Rustang down some straights and they went too fast down a hill and were turned into scrap metal. Journalists jumped on it like flies on shit and parents followed. Dumb kids.

Xr6t

Get the 6speed manual if u can so that's a BF2 or newer

>be australian
>wake up next to your sister
>"ay dahlin fahk moi that was a noice root last noight"
>ride a kangaroo to the shitposting plant
>get stopped by abos
>their faces haven't loaded yet because of high ping
>give them all your petrol anyway
>apologise for invading their country
>say thank you to the traditional owners of the land, the irrawajjialabumbajjiju people
>continue on your way
>shitpost hard on Veeky Forums all day so you can afford to pay your internet bill ($1000 for 0.1bps connection, 3mb data cap)
>go home
>get mugged by abos again
>no petrol this time, give them some of your ping instead
>switch on the tv
>the wallabies lost to new zealand again
>"fahkin no worries m8 she'll be roight I'll just watch the loigue instead"
>the kangaroos lost to new zealand again
>"m-muh cricket"
>3news.co.nz/sport/video-highlights-australia-bowled-out-for-60-england-dominate-day-one-2015080706
>"m-muh afl"
>can't see what's happening, players' mullets blocking the camera
>go to new zealand, steal some pavlova and claim it was yours all along
>cry yourself to sleep muttering "m-muh hdi, m-muh gdp per capita"
>get bitten by spoidah
>die within seconds

It's been changed up a bit since. In NSW they go off power-to-weight and in QLD it's power-to-weight of 130kW/tonne for anything manufactured in 2010 onward, with an exemption for turbo/supercharged cars prior to 2010 available. Dunno about other states.

There are plenty of ways to circumvent it, and shit that makes no sense at all. The S2K and NSX are both P-plate legal here because they work off the old restrictions, and if I had the cash to blow I could've driven a Lotus Elise on my P's.

But Subaru wrx modded to be over that power:weight in NSW got busted last year after a huge blitz

In truth though they do drive like absolute shit every time I see a p plater I stay far away and I've been on my fulls for 5 years

>get bitten by spoidah
I lost it here

I heard a bit about that. Was that a total WRX ban or were they just cracking down on whatever Subies they came across?

Total.

At least as far as I know

Fuark. What about the lads who had them before the crackdown?

If "enthusiasts" had any sense they'd collectively punish them at the polls for this.