Hey l/o/sers

hey l/o/sers

so i have 6 grand burning a hole in my wallet. what should i buy to replace my daily? currently have an 03 impala with an ls4 but i'm getting bored of it.

>pic related- my shitbox

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oP1hcpFwaE8
youtube.com/watch?v=lIU7b-lXiHc
youtube.com/watch?v=7k-5MFwtg9o
youtube.com/watch?v=IEi6BsV8Bpw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Sell the Impala
>Combine with $6k
>Buy GTO

impalas only worth like a grand

Ausfag here how can u be bored ?

Just chuck go fast bits at it like a lumpy cam then do suspension brakes and tyres

Impalas didn't get the LS4 until 2006, and only in SS models.
normal base model 2000-2005 Impalas like in your pic got a 3.4L 3400 V6
LS model 2000-2005 Impalas got a N/A 3800 series 2.
SS model 2004-2005 Impalas got a supercharged 3800 series 2.

So no matter what, you have a V6, not an LS4.

Now go be retarded somewhere else.

You could get at least 2k out of that thing, and you can definitely find a solid GTO for 8k.

buy a car to replace the impala for commuting purposes

Buy a civic for 3k and then take a vacation.

Could be swapped, but the amount of money and time to do so wouldn't be worth it IMO.
It would probably cost as much as an entire LS4 Impala.

wait ausfag here again yanks stuck the LS in tranverse? Thats NUTS.

OP get a rwd platform car i didnt realize the newer impalas where fwd

Yeah
GM also wanted to make the corvette fwd

>extract LS4
>buy Fiero
>put LS4 in Fiero
>???
>profit

yes. 2005-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, 2006-2009 Chevrolet Impala SS, 2006-2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS, and 2008-2009 Buick Lacrosse were FWD LS cars.

The specifically used the LS4. The LS4 is a 5.3L variant based on the 5.3L from the pickup trucks. It's an aluminum block, with LS6 heads. It's different from ALL other LS V8s in that is has a different transmission bellhousing bolt pattern that allowed it to bolt up to the FWD V6 transmissions.
Naturally, LS4 cars are known for blowing transmissions since they were ONLY equipped with 4T65eHD 4 speed automatics.

Those Impalas at best came with a Supercharged V6. At worst an NA V6. No V8 until the later gen which ate through transmissions completely stock regularly.

>GM also wanted to make the corvette fwd
WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY are they so retarded?

They cancelled the GM Zeta Platform here after barely 10 years then give us a FWD/AWD Insignia to replace it

With no TTv6 option

Fuckthem
ive read it before i just cant get it through my head.

what a waste of the ls

would make for a hilarious sleeper
>4T65eHD
REEEEEE
my 2nd most hated trans since the 4l60e which blows more gears and clutches than a gay trans gearbox

>4L60E
>Bad

Must be why so many people run stock models with higher stalls on cars making 450+ whp reliably.

/s

transverse FWD V8s are nothing new to Americans. We did FWD V8s as far back as 1966 (Oldsmobile Toronado). Our first transverse FWD V8 were 1986 Cadillacs with I think a 4.1, 4.5, 4.9L V8. Those were all replaced in 1993 with the FWD 4.6L Northstar DOHC V8.

>would make for a hilarious sleeper
It's been done. There's turbo kits for them
youtube.com/watch?v=oP1hcpFwaE8
youtube.com/watch?v=lIU7b-lXiHc
youtube.com/watch?v=7k-5MFwtg9o

>REEEEEE
>my 2nd most hated trans since the 4l60e which blows more gears and clutches than a gay trans gearbox
Because it used the FWD V6 bolt pattern, they can bolt up to the F40 6 speed manual, which has no problem handling the power. The F40 with the LS4 combo is actually a common swap into Pontiac Fieros.
youtube.com/watch?v=IEi6BsV8Bpw

You can't find a solid GTO for 8k or else I would have bought one. They all have lots of owners or over 100k and probably beat on. Your probably better off buying a 5.7l pontiac firebird for that price

Agreed, a clean LS1 Formula or Trans Am can be found for 4-5 k pretty easily around here.

And it'll beat an LS1 GTO, and hang with an LS2 GTO pretty evenly stock for stock.

Yeah, the stock 4T65E-HD is complete junk

> turbo monte

oh hi guys, I have one

100k miles ain't shit. That would only be too many miles if it was neglected. I almost bought a 170k-mile G8 because it was clean, perfectly maintained, and priced at $8k. Some redneck shithead beat me to the car lot the day they put a price on it, though. Sad to know it's gonna be torn to shreds within a month.

I'd hate to see what shape those cars would be in at that price point. For the price of one in good condition, you can buy an LS2 GTO. Especially if you go for the 4spd auto.

And no. Stock to stock, an LS1 F-body will NOT hang with an LS2 GTO.

I bought my Trans Am for 4200. It's a 01 M6 model with a raptor hood, all stock aside from a Borland exhaust, and a blackwing lid(swapped out for the Raptor intake). Car had 98k miles on it when I got it.

And LS1 Camaros can be had for as low as 3k with around 130k miles on them around here too. Average seems to be around 4500 for a clean Z28 or occasionally SS. There are also cleanly modded WS6 and SS models for 6-8k on average with some popping up occasionally at lower prices. I've got 4 LS1 cars.

Not sure where you are that that price point is for clapped out examples.

Sorry, missed your stock for stock reply. I have had an LS2 GTO and yes, it will hang stock for stock. GTO is for a more comfy, daily driver riding car with some grunt. I sold mine after it just wasn't what I wanted. They will hang stock for stock, and the GTO will slightly pull away but not much ground being made up on its end(maybe a car length, but that is already going past 100mph from a stop).

Once I had finished modding both my GTO and one of my other Trans Ams, the Trans Am beat the GTO pretty cleanly by about 2-3 lengths consistently. Trans Am was an 02 so had the LS6 manifold, Edelbrock long tubes, no cats, lm2, blackwing lid, 3.73 gears(already came in the car, I swapped to a T56), and dynotuned, suspension had some stiffening done, but I had coilovers in the front as well. My GTO was bolt on as well, pretty much a match, but with 4.10 gears. Suspension had been gone through(bushings and such) as well, and dynotuned too.

The GTO can hold its own, it's not like it's meant to be a flat out sports car. It's a sports cruiser essentially. You give up a little bit of speed to get comfort you won't get in a F Body. And while the LS2 is a great motor IMO, the body of the GTO holds it back if you're comparing it to an F Body, but that's literally why you'd pick it over one. To have a peppy, aggressive, comfy daily driver.

Borla*

Sorry.

I know it's not It's just because you don't know how beat on it was

i swapped it myself, fuckface

bread on engine with full view of front of car.

otherwise, lying on the internet is bad.

He says as he drops his tag and won't post any proof.

Base stock impalas sell for $2-5k depending on mileage and trim dude, jesus.

no you didn't. and if you did it makes you the biggest idiot to ever post on this board. Who would bother swapping engines in a fwd impala?