Fuck

I swear to all mother of fuck why do people fucking gorilla arm on oil filters?
I had to jam a screw driver though it multiple times to get it off and after trying everything else. Now the thread is fucked and I can't find what it's even called to replace it because the only thing that comes up are god damn oil filters. I can't drive it to the shop either because I can only thread the new filter on for like an inch
What the ever living fuck am I supposed to do with this?

Other urls found in this thread:

harborfreight.com/4-piece-end-cap-oil-filter-wrenches-94096.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6Sspezfxx_Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

im begging you to get a clue

should of bought these.

harborfreight.com/4-piece-end-cap-oil-filter-wrenches-94096.html

they work grate even on tight as fuck oil filters.

There isn't enough room to get one in there, believe me I tired

should HAVE

you dumb fucker

should HAVE

not should of

pic related is what you should of bought OP

Yikes.

glad none of my cars have had that happen.

top fucking kek

time to buy a new car OP

try re threading it by using the oil filter and that part is called the oil filter mount

oil filter remote mounting kit, should be available for your car. there's one for mine and nobody else even owns the car i do

not exactly you just need to replace the engine block or the mount if it has a bolt

>I can't find what it's even called
oil filter adapter or oil filter plate.

I tried looking by that and can't find anything. I can find relocation kits like
mentioned. Lots off those, they're fucking worth it now. I'm going to try forcing it on and buy one of those end cap wrenches. I mean it's not like it isn't fucked up already

what am i even looking at?

Just file down the edge retard

The thread to screw the oil filter.
The problem is that OP got a cheap shitbox.
Every good car have Oil Cartridge and this thing cannot happen.

>Like Mercedes-Benz.

The thread barely looks messed up, 5 mins with a file and you're golden.

I'd need to take off the entire intake manifold to see what I'm doing

Ahhhh the BP4W, god I don't miss this shitty oil filter location.

>Used a screwdriver to stab through and unscrew the filter like a wrench
Of all the alternative tools you could have used.
OP confirmed for fucking stupid.

I work at a dealer, we have codes for asshole customers and people doing excessive warranty work. When the code is heard their car gets thread lock on the oil filter

I used to do it multiple times on various shitboxes with no problem.

could have just squeezed with big pliers if you didn't mind the mess
You would have dented the sides of the filter rather than stabbing it through and fucking your threads

you should of not posted this

Nope, already did that, screwdriver was last resort. You can see where the sides are deformed from it
To add insult to injury the last guy had a shitty Fram filter on it too

>just replace the block

HOLY SHIT THESE ARE THE EASIEST TO REMOVE OIL.FILTER THEY HAVE ESPECIALLY A GRIP TOP. HOW COULD NOT REMOVE THIS THING ARE YOU A WEAK FAGGOT

Wow..
This
You either have spaghetti arms or the guy threadlocked it and sold it to you

Strong enough that I can easily open a jar of pickles. Oil filters under normal circumstances should be no more difficult. Not that bitch though

Alright chill my bro, I've seen way worse, I've had this happen on two cars where for some fuckall reason the oil filter was just ass tastically hard to get off, and yeah, I've done the screw driver trick once or twice in a pinch.But just keep your head on you and think about this shit for a bit. That fucking stud is not machined into the block and can be removed, how do you think they got that shit in there?

1. Clean up those threads, file some shit out, they don't look that bad.
2. Get some thread locker and slap on that bitch
3. Carefully reattach new filter, you may need to strong arm that bitch on there but just get it on tight.
4. Fill that bitch up with oil.

Great, you can now drive you meme machine around until you get the parts you need.

Check out this video of dude with similar problem
youtube.com/watch?v=6Sspezfxx_Y

Rip filter off
Replace stud
New Filter on
It's that easy.

>tfw i just pull mine out with zero effort.

story of my life man. it's the same way in my miata. i don't even know what the proper way to access it is. i can just barely fit my left arm down there but it's torqued on so fucking tight that I don't have the strength with my left arm to get it off.

i purchased a bunch of those hand crusher workout things from amazon and im strengthening my left forearm for the next few weeks and then i'll try again

>mfw fiat 1.4 turbo
>mfw they even put enough space on the can to unscrew it by hand

That looks like a Subaru oil filter thread catch. Is it?

these always fit.