/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #649 - Chomps Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

A-ARE YA GONNA ATE US?

no

>This gets posted right when I finished the old thread

Shit!

No...

Now if only the games were good. The movie, though... We know where that's headed.

Just woke up and watched the Switch presentation.

Seems neat.

BUT CHOMPS WILL!

Ancient Biolizard?

>yfw you realize Biloizard is from Underground

H I V E M I N D

Question: Does anyone give a shit about Chomps?

Knuckles does

>Question: Does anyone give a shit about Chomps?
Knux does

FASTEST LORE

his name is ROBOTNIK and he's in for a big KNUCKLES surprise

What is he thinking right here?

Fuck Knuckles.

"Looks tasty"

"Don't even front with me, bitch. I'll fuck you up."

Penders certainly would.

>Fuck Knuckles
I'll have you know Knux fucked this bitch AND her twin

Ballin ass nigga

OPEN YOUR HEART IT'LL BE ALRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT YEAH!

I like Boom Eggman's german voice.

My body is ready for autism

"Holla Holla Gime Dat Dolla"

What's a bigger Milestone?
700 or 750?

Probably 750, but we can celebrate both

Already got the special edition pre-ordered for Xbox... should I... make a change?

No, you nigger.

Nintendo Treehouse is live on twitch, maybe we'll get some Sonic stuff? They just panned past Mania at any rate.

Considering you need to pay SEVENTY DOLLARS for a controller that's worth a damn for platformer on the snitch, then no, stuck with xbone

Werehog Simulator looks entertaining but I wonder if it'll have enough content to warrant the $60 pricetag.

What if Sonic was a duck?

It does look pretty Station Square to be fair.

bump

Same square

Same, game?

Hey, if the "Mario looks like Adventure/06" talk sticks, maybe SEGA will finally push out a game called Sonic Adventure 3 to copy Mario.

My God, you're right!

I wonder when the morning news is gonna come. It was shown on the Treehouse stream.

What was shown?

Just showing people playing the game.

I haven't payed any attention to level layouts to keep myself from being spoiled too much, so I dunno if it is a new Act of Green Hill or Studiopolis or not.

I'm not actively watching, but I suppose there could be an interview at some point later.

It's the same demo they've been showing at events but with Sonic+Tails.

Hey Dobson'll be happy, he can have his Mario was originally Brooklyn canon going.

Aaron looks pretty lonely at the Sonic Mania booth. Just one person with him right now.

Lucky person. Gets Aaron all to themself.

>taking a fucking hour to start Bomberman

I thought someone had drawn a Rugrats version of Biolizard or some shit.

>had to deal with furries running about and now an midget italian plumber
The shit that guy must see on his morning commute

Mario games had "realistic" cities before Sonic in Mario is Missing.

Test

>Woke up early for Sonic Mania news
>Forgot that California is in a later time zone

What would Eggman's ideal romantic evening be?

One where he's beating Sonic

A romantic dinner with candles and flowers with a main dish of roasted blue hedgehog.

>finally work up the courage to buy the physical sonic comics
>the only one they have left is the latest issue of sonic universe
>weeks of mental preparation for nothing
Online purchases and praying for low international shipping it is then.

Beating Sonic, you say?

by the fireplace with Thunderbolt

Vidya and chill with his lady.

Holy shit, thunderbolt is cute, it's a shame you don't see more fanart of her.

I completely forgot about this guy. Even seeing it now I can't remember it.

When's the Mania news?

she is best girl

So let's think of what the Mania news won't be, shall we?

>Amy Rose is confirmed for Sonic Mania, but only in the Switch version

>human characters
>posting characters that are inherently shit tier

SAME GAME?!

Get circumcised

We will learn what another remastered stage will be.

Updated the order. I figured out that 57 should come before Parallel Paradigm

Honestly Eggman shouldn't be the main villain desu. We don't need human characters. Someone like Mephiles or Chaos or fuck, Dark Gaia would be a better villain anyways since Eggman is so incompetent and stupid

>Hope
>Katella
>"Shit"

>Madonna
>Snively
>"Shit"

Fishing for (You)'s, are we?

Nah, I just don't think Eggman is a good enough villain anymore. Sonic's evolved past needing such an ineffectual villain. You need something bigger, better, grander to impress people, and a guy called Eggman ain't doing that

Perfection in human form.

Hitler's Brain?

I'd fight that.

>Sonic's evolved past needing Eggman
Bruh

Like what kind of villain?
You remind me of that FP loving guy and his hardon for Brevon.

SAME GAME!!!

Sure mate. You posted this garbage last week, so please, get better bait.

To be honest at least in the games, in most games the plots he comes up with seems to just be a joke to him he takes semi seriously.
>Implying I'm not already
>you're not attracted to these boring human characters therefore you're gay
k

That'd be better. Something with actual menace would be good. Zeti were a good start, but not menacing enough
>Like what kind of villain?
Someone who isn't afraid to stop pulling punches and get shit done. Brevon was decent for the standards of FP (Which were very, very, very, very low) and I mean he is more effective than Eggman
Bait? Is it bait to not like Eggman?

Well he's not wrong

It's bait to post this shit a week after doing it already & having people tell you why you're full of shit.

Anyways I'm done, because I am not gonna derail this thread with more shit, especially when some news is supposed to come today.

>To be honest at least in the games, in most games the plots he comes up with seems to just be a joke to him he takes semi seriously.
Which is why he's not that good. Not even he takes his menace seriously. He does a poor job of being threatening

I somewhat, very loosly agree with the guy up above. I've kind of gotten tired of Eggman being behind literally everything that ever happens in Sonic's world and I wouldn't mind if they tried to bring someone else in for once. I believe the Deadly Six and Lyric could have actually been somewhat interesting characters if Sega actually tried with them.

Not every series has to have a threatening boss.
Eggman's more of a childish technological genius with a tendency toward world domination.
He doesn't have to be all I WILL SHOOT YOUR GIRLFRIEND WITH A MAGNUM SONIC all the time.
He can be a jokey man with a jokey plan but as long as he brings out the big guns when pissed it doesn't matter.
Boom Eggman has the best personality outside the comics and he's more relaxed than any incarnation.

Honestly Nega is a much better villain than the original, and would probably be a better recurring villain if they couldn't just use a new one each game/cycle through them

Sonic having more than one villain is fine, but getting rid of Eggman as the main bad guy is just a dumb idea.