/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>driver's side edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>T H R E A D T H E M E
youtube.com/watch?v=JjVqILN00KI

>Secondary Thread Theme
m.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

>user's blogfaggotry
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce1pBwCyTjs

>03-07 Accord Head unit install
youtube.com/watch?v=IdnmF2g7Nw0

>Hondash demo
youtu.be/abFkIHd_i3Q

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9VbXmYBZJlk
youtube.com/watch?v=TAs1G1sHzG0
youtube.com/watch?v=jo2mb1YCJZE&index=1&list=FLjgHylkj6Q3Nl92okInCC2g
youtube.com/watch?v=SkqqudJqWP8
civicx.com/threads/2017-honda-civic-si-prototype-debut-q-a-photos-video.6668/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ayy caught it in the refresh.

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

Just realized my collage pic is about to expire. I guess I need to find a flattering angle for a pic soon

Too bad there aren't many flattering angles left lol

I'm back now, went out to eat, I'd drive it and listen for bad wheel bearings, bounce the vehicle on all for corners to make sure the suspension's good, look at the valve cover for leaks, slam on the gas and make sure the motor stays smooth, pop the oil cap and check for excissive blowby on a worn engine, normal stuff to make sure it was decently taken care off

Kek I know this feel too well

I wish my uncle never sold our family's 1995 eg sedan to get his g coupe, I was a little boy back in 2005 but that bastard would still be running today because honda.

Sickness almost wearing off. Still haven't installed the BWR LCAs but the Hondash coming earlier than scheduled from Slovakia was a positive for my days off. Now I know my two engine codes. It was three when I plugged it in but after clearing them only two came back. One for the missing O2 sensor and one for the missing intake air temp sensor. Also learned that not only is my speedo ahead by like 20mph, but my RPM is ahead by like 300 when idling. I just gotta find the leak and it should be good to go.

Might find a good little tablet to leave in my car that will handle all the Hondash gauges and music. Still wanna do a permanent tablet install like my buddy did with his car. I just gotta find a black lower console somewhere to move my climate control and head unit into.

>fucking blogfags

Can I be added to the collage?

Didn't have stuff to put on my hood when i took this earlier tonight after work. Pardon the winter tires, Canada here.

When are you faggots going to wake up and get a real care? Honda is literally pathetic. They haven't accomplished a single admirable feat in the world of automobiles or motor sports. They overbuild and under stress to cash in on this reliability meme which isn't even real and is why Hondas suck seriously kys

Did you try looking in eBay for the center console?

Sorry mate need proof. First collage had CL ad pics

Yep and they're pricey as fuck and I have higher priorities right now. I don't think they even made black double DIN consoles so if I do get one it'll have to be gray and I'll just paint it black or something.

>pic related

wtf I hate JDM parts now

I might be able to find misc parts, but they're all chink shit. There's Pacific Mall near my college which is like chinese mecca in my city

Really? My car is running with the lights on in the pic too. And it's like cold outside. It's donburi but I like it.

Yea it was getting out of hand.

I'll take it. What year is it?

I do have a real care.

Yeah I might just scrap the idea entirely and hope one falls in my lap for cheap. I can't justify paying that much for a bunch of plastic.

I got a Kindle Fire sitting around somewhere. I might try to put a stock Android version on it and get it mounted in the car. Until then my phone is just fine. The app connects to the Hondash within a second or so of starting the car.

What kind of parts do you have in mind?

>tfw my Toyota is just a beat up Corolla

I want a Supra.

It's a hate love relationship desu
I need to take more pics with them together

Thanks!

It's a 2016 got it around 2 month ago.

Have the door trim lights and the blue footwell lights which despite my attempts I can't get a good picture of it.

Will add fàm

I still don't know how I feel about those. Is it worth it? I feel like its just another thing to go wrong (bulb burning out)

It's probably for the best that I don't have one since that one I posted doesn't even run. It's been sitting in that parking lot probably longer than I've been at Pizza Hut. It's nice to look at every time I deliver there, though. It's been moved around but the rotors are rusted to death. Must have been pushed.

Yea I don't even have the budget for it lol. I plan on keeping it for cool points/meets/cruises/rain drifting. I'll buy another car to go fast

something with exhaust because of pea shooter rattle, maybe other interior gadgets like cig lighter splitter

Yeah good idea. They look nice for cruising.

Did EGs have intake air temp sensors? That's one of the two codes that I need to get rid of.

Well it looses it's effect a little in direct sunlight, real stainless steel at least, at night it makes me smile which is good enough for me. It's LEDs so i don't think it's going to burn out since it's only lit when the door is open. The ambient lights are LEDs too.

Shit my typing sucks at this time of the night

>c15 reporting in w a new photo 4 the collage

proof will be in the morning(;

To that minnesota user with the K build:

Solid CEL with no code is one of two things: ECU fault from bad flash (probably not this in your case)

Check engine light is grounded causing it to turn on. I think I recall you saying something about a headlight turning off too. Typically if something was on and is now off because you started the car, you've energized the area that it was using as a ground and so there's no potential difference. (no voltage)

I'd check my wiring thoroughly including disconnecting and reconnecting connectors and grounds to ensure good contact.

Why is the 6th generation Accord so sexy? I love the K24 in the 7th gen but it looks like a bar of soap.

I'm more of a 4th gen fan myself but Accords overall have looked pretty good throughout their history. Least favorites are 5th and like you said, 7th.

What plans do you have for it?

those stickers are disgusting.

And I drive the 7th, it's just a bar of soap, handles like a gokart though.

Don't forget to post the year of your RSX user.

Yea I think he probably made a mistake in wiring. He was saying how he half assed the build lol

>no v6 manual coupe
Reeeeeeee

Camrys of the same era looked weird too so I guess it was a trend. But boy did they nail the styling after that. I always admired the 9th gen rear.

>aesthetically hating on the fifth gen accord
Wtf I hate Shingu now

>not liking the high test rear of the 7th gen, especially the coupe
Stop bullying the 5th&7th accord gen pls

I think it's just the owners around here. Anyone that customizes them here has these fucking tail lights and the most obnoxious exhausts. Even more so than Civics for some reason.

>a guy in a 5th gen hovered around me all the way from the Louisiana border to my uncles exit close to Alabama
>exhaust going PPPBBBBBBBBBTTTTTTTTTTTT

ree

I like the coupes a bit more.

well if minnesota user with k build is reading this:

if you get stuck I can come help you. I'm not that far away and i know what im doing

Accord4Life

tru

i should do more retro pics

>Let me punch my 240hp car in a bend on a little ass street with no room to save it if it oversteers

youtube.com/watch?v=9VbXmYBZJlk

Post Honda videos that make you quit.

that feelarino when my car has better power to weight than S2k and doesnt want to kill me

Holy shit

10/10

Classic.
youtube.com/watch?v=TAs1G1sHzG0

youtube.com/watch?v=jo2mb1YCJZE&index=1&list=FLjgHylkj6Q3Nl92okInCC2g

MY REEEEEMS!!!!

Kek I laugh but I feel kinda sorry for the guy, he gets smoked by girls, he can't drive, and his rims are ruined. They didn't even stop by to help.

Kinda wonder where the dude is now since that was 14 years ago.

>tfw posted honda blogfaggotry on youtube for 3 consecutive days

SO. EPIC.

#wontheinternet

>tfw pothole on way to work ruined your REEMS
pulled into the lot with a complete flat :(

These days not much since i'm broke. I've read of a few things you can do to the 1.5T engine, it's capable of more than the 174hp standard. It would be nice to to get it up to around 220hp at least and it would not affect the transmission [spoiler]It's a surprisingly good CVT[/spoiler] or damage it. Not that fuel economy matters, unless i'm on the highway it only gets 13-18 mpg in normal stop and go even in econ mode.

>accelerate
>dash lights grow brighter

>Radio at max volume
>Headlights dim to the bass

4 connecting rods to go and the civic will begin its transition into an all motor monster

The Hondata Flashpro they released for the new Civic takes it to around that much. Should pick it up.

so I just put down a deposit for a 2010 Accord EX-L with 80k miles for $10k
h-how'd I do /hg/

i remember in that video the new civics with the 1.5t + flashpro were faster than 9th gen si's.

honestly, I think the new type r will spank most of everything on the road once hondata gets their hands on it

That;s really low mileage, and it's the decked out one, good buy.

Are you gonna make YouTube bux or what?

Yeah it being the first factory turbo Civic it's gonna be hard to beat when a tune can just turn up the boost for easy power gains. If the old Si had a turbo it would probably be a lot different.

>Don't have any of these problems
*knock on wood*

yeah, it was fantastically comfy when I took it for a drive
comes with a free 60 day bumper-to-bumper warranty too
only thing is it's the midrange i4 engine, not the V6

How much power gains we looking at?

Miles too high
>auto
Pleb

Hello hondafags. What can you tell me about 2001 civic coupe 1.7? Are they unreliable?

Automatic ones have shit transmissions, engine doesn't respond well to mods so keep that stock

Neat I'd definitely look it up.

I noiced that generation of Civic just kinda came and went, nothing really special about it, I've never looked at a 7th gen Civic and said, "wow, I'd really love to drive that thing!"

EP3 is pretty good

Its a manual ive seen in ads. Manuals good on this exact gen of civics? What about engines?

Mines fine i have an auto though. 140k miles and still going strong on the auto trans. Though i will warn you the have high rev shifts on stock so check if the transmission cooling hasent failed.

Thats how i feel about 8th gen.

Get a d17a2. Engine mods are cheap for what they are but most d17a2s are trashed.

60-70ish whp is what I'm hoping for.

I'd be happy with even 40 kek. Car is going to rip either way.

Trans cooling applies only to autos as u stated in ur post? Or check in manual as well?

I plan on keeping it stock.

>are they unreliable?

You're kidding, right?
'Bout 310k kilometres on mine, rumoured one million, only engine problem is a rough idle.

I can't even get the trip to stay for one fucking post. G2g studying mathemagic

youtube.com/watch?v=SkqqudJqWP8
Don't tell me you didn't install the underglow as well, Shirako.

Who /mixedfeelings/ about the new civic here?

I'm kind of excited for the new SI, but I also sometimes feel it just looks too mature. Part of the appeal for Civics to me were their simple, toss-able boyracer appearance.

I have major mixed feelings about the new civics because it is getting too nice for my tastes, it's just not a car that you can swing around anymore, and Hondas hold their value so damn well it'll be about 10 years before you they become somewhat disposable for young people.

Looks of the new one are starting to grow on me but I next cant get over how bigg it is

Nah the new one is gonna look ricey. Type R is too flamboyant.

>gonna

m8 we've already seen how it looks. Thankfully it's much cleaner than the Type R.

civicx.com/threads/2017-honda-civic-si-prototype-debut-q-a-photos-video.6668/

Lol'd

2016 Civic EX-T sedan owner here.
Biggest problem for racers is that it simply doesn't hold corners well at speed. It's quick in a straight line but the wheels break free way before they should when cornering. I've had a couple close calls already when I didn't feel like I was going all that fast.

How come the extra giant black plastic spaces on the si don't work, but they look fine on the type r?

what tires?

Not that I agree that it doesn't work on the SI, but what you're probably seeing is it doesn't blend in as well as it did with the dark grey color on the Type R.