/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Open your eyes edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/
It will include Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword cards.

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/153287117/#153287117

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zw47_q9wbBE
youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI
strawpoll.me/12097401
youtube.com/watch?v=1yIHLQJNvDw
youtube.com/watch?v=ai9IwYOxL48
youtube.com/watch?v=vumJiWdxQSs
youtube.com/watch?v=ofH5ptn5w-A&
youtube.com/watch?v=t2tSpCSrPjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jDdfWY6UtWg
youtube.com/watch?v=fYzDtoYx4vU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oh yeah, of course the lastest trailer full of strange stuff and Gerudos.

Also, if I recall correctly Nintendo uploads a new screenshot of the game each day.

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

Introducing: Best Girl.

I see gerudos improved with the time.
So, Child timeline confirmed?

>paid online
>But best Zelda
Despair but also an erection

She is fuck ugly wow

It's a pain, I agree. But whatever console I buy, I am forced to pay so I better get used to it.

So it is confirmed by the deku tree that this is actually a link we've already played.

The only three links that have met the deku tree before are the Hero of Time (OoT), the Hero of Winds (WW) and the Hero of the Skies (SS).

Which link would you say is it? My guess is either WW, due to his outfit, or the Hero of the Skies, due to the Sheikah stones that already appeared in SS.

B U S H Y
R
O
W
S

it grows on me

Kill yerself my man

>it is confirmed
What the fuck, no, it isn't

It is. The Deku Tree recognizes link.

Anyway, yes, it's definitely WW link in my opinion too.

Just post all the press pics already pls

The fact the Deku Tree recognizes Link doesn't mean he is a Link himself.
Both Deku trees in OoT and WW both saw Link. BotW Deku is the WW Deku.

Are there other pics?

uhm. you know that theres only one Deku Tree, right? The OoT one IS the WW one.

I saw the red zora girl (male) on the other thread

>The OoT one IS the WW and BotW one
Fixed.

Forgot to mention, it was on /v/

and its also the same one that was planted in SS by the Hero of the Skies.

Let's see if I can group them all.

I was on the fence about preordering the switch but the artificial scarcity and how quickly it's selling out has convinced me.

Pre orders were supposed to go up on Canadian Amazon 50 minutes ago. Anybody in rake land know if they already sold out?

Oh yeah the Treehouse stream started. Maybe they'll show more BotW?

youtube.com/watch?v=qadzCB3CLlI

Not a Canadian but in my country they sold out already. I don't give a fuck, I'll buy it for Christmas anyway.

Oh yeah, don't be afraid to post about this general around. We need to gather all the people that was gone before the pause /lozg/ took.

Look what have you done.

I hope she starts cutting, dumb pig face

Just get Wii U version.

RUDE

>He won't get both versions

we Princess Mononoke now

>getting both versions
>nintendos face right now

I mean, Ghibli is good after all

I'm not poor so, yes.

I legit cried during the trailer, no homo.

Indeed

How so? For the Zelda scene?

Let's settle this.
strawpoll.me/12097401

ENGLISH
JAPANESE
youtube.com/watch?v=1yIHLQJNvDw
GERMAN
youtube.com/watch?v=ai9IwYOxL48
FRENCH
youtube.com/watch?v=vumJiWdxQSs
SPANISH
youtube.com/watch?v=ofH5ptn5w-A&
TALIAN
youtube.com/watch?v=t2tSpCSrPjQ
Russian (Nintendo's favorite apparently)
youtube.com/watch?v=jDdfWY6UtWg

CONVERGENCE OF THE TIMELINES

It has to be. We get everything.

It is a well known fact italian dubbers are the best.

I only like the Russian and German ones.

Convergence in what point though?
They said once again 100 years passed since Link's defeat. But which Link's defeat? The current Link can't be multiple Links at the same time.
I don't know, the convergence theory still isn't very reliable to me.

>Nintendo's favorite apparently)
How can you tell?

German doesn't really sweep me off my feet but maybe I just need to hear more. Zelda sounds alright, though.

>the german one
Are you high? Zelda sounds so fucking cringey

Hold on, is that fish a male or a female?

I weighed all the characters and liked German the best desu. Zelda sounds the way she looks to me, kind of subdued and womanly but still young.

Does it matter?

Do fishfuckers count as furries

Did I hear that right? They'll be rereleasing the wolf amiibo that came with TP collector's edition?

Do fishes have fur?

>Zelda sounds the way she looks to me, kind of subdued and womanly but still young.
Also the cry sounded more stressed than forced in my opinion and it seems like this Zelda arc has her more stressed out than the other games judging by the dialogue. The Japanese cry was just terrible in comparison, totally unrelatable.

Yes.

Nah, those are Scalies

Yep. In America at least. The Wolf amiibo was already released as a standalone in EU.

press kit download where?

Is there some kind of black taint involved or is that just dirt?

If anyone is watching the treehouse stream, well, the Switch is very sleek I must admit. Them small cartridges too.

Where are you guys getting those character arts from?

On a similar note, anyone picking up pic related? Historia was green, this is red, so I wonder what the last will be.

I'm one of the few Anons who thinks this new Zelda is a new/different timline all together or some sort of merging/reset of the timelines

To many races, places, objects, that contradict it being from one single timeline

Russkiebro here.
The Russian dub is bad, overacted and stiffly translated, but the effort is commendable. Never did I think that in my lifetime there'd be a Zelda not only with voice acting, but also in Russian. What a time to be alive.

I found them in a /v/ thread.

The last one will be blue, like Link's new tunic.

The Zoras canonically evolved into bird people. Unlike the Gorons, they were gone. This trailer has both bird people and Zora. The world map has landmarks, statues and buildings of the child timeline.

100 years ago something happened. I say that's where the timelines were merged.

The dozens of references and unique elements of the adult timeline make it unquestionable that it's part of the game. The least likely line to be included is downfall. They either left downfall alone or considered the 'ruin' in the plot to be the unique mark of that line.

Anyway, pictures like yours are what tell me that we get a full merge.

The game is about Zelda's mistakes. It was her soul who did all the timefuckery. She tried to fix it, and surprise, everything went down again.

Not giving a fuck about timelines master race reporting in.

I feel exactly the same about the italian dub. I lived long enough to hear Zelda dubbed and in my own language on top of that.

If we assume this game takes places between OoT's adult ending and WW before the flood, all those races being together makes sense.
Inb4 "Koroks born after the flood", no, nobody ever implied that.

I hope Link never ever utters a word

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEARGH

What if Zoras became birds because they started fucking with those bird people we saw?
>timefuckery
Oh yes, I missed that meme, bring it back.

So will there be an option in-game to switch dubs?

How was this gif made?

Evolution of species to change from one to another due to a drastic change in their environment happens over thousands of years and for video game sake 100s of years. It just wouldn't work if this was set in that barracket.

Also one key thing to remember is that one of the resources you can collect that is EVERYWHERE in this game is Red Sea Salt. Which would imply that a large body of water has disappeared and created Red Sea Rock Salt.

Pancakes!

>How was this gif made?
Pretty sure it comes from the son of a Glitch video of WW. Or a similar kind of video. And then, they looped it.

Soooo, we are after the flood? After all the events of spirit tracks even?

I hope they aren't pushing another Link/Zelda romance here. That was already annoying in Skyward Sword and Hyrule Warriors.

I hope they do push it instead, I want to protect those eyebrows.
Besides, I don't think there was real romance in HW. It was all Cia's jealousy towards Zelda.

I couldn't tell you. There are just far to many things that contradict it being before and after OoT. We also have a extremely Rusted Master Sword that's broken into pieces, we've had Master Swords before that were left in the stone for hundreds of years to be pulled and still be in ok condition.

If you notice in the newest Trailer, Zelda is placing a fairly fresh looking Master Sword in the cutscene but we ourselves seem to be using a fucking broken/rusty one. You'd only see that kinda bullshit in the Declining Era

This looks more and more like a merging or an alternate universe timeline a "What if" as it were

They were implying that Link and Zelda always meet and fall in love.
Which is horseshit since he clearly abandoned Zelda in the child timeline to find Navi and in Twilight Princess he clearly was closer to Midna and Ilia.

I think it's more interesting if Link and Zelda are kept platonic. They can be close without wanting to fuck each other.

I still have my doubt.
Just think that, from a fan appeal standpoint, having split timelines gave Zelda half of its appeal in the recent years.
Making the split timeline unified into one could be a very strange kind of asspull. I mean, Hyrule Warrirors did that, of course, but that's a spin off, not a mainline game.

Meh - I'll wait for Scorpio edition.

Maybe they'll be brothers this time.
youtube.com/watch?v=fYzDtoYx4vU

Ahahahah fuck off to /nintyg/.

Or, maybe, the Nayru part of tyhe Triforce, blue?
But we had lore, now art, what could come next?

Well it could take place after Twilight Princess. Link kinda fucked off at the end and left the Master Sword behind. We don't know what happened after that. Probably searched for a way to plow some Twili pussy

Maybe something concerning gameplay or secrets in the game. Or simply trivia about the development of the games.

Oh I know, and I agree with you. But for this game to be, between OoT and before WW seems a little far-fetched with all those different races there at once. Ganondorf's Great Flood seemed to have happened almost instantly with "magic" and what have you, or at least in a very fast event maybe over a few years. Drastic changes in race makeup and abilities don't happen over night and they only occur after something happens to help them adapt and that can take thousands of years (looking at it from a real life perspective here). For video games you can shorten that exponentially but if you say it was all done in a 100 years that would be silly as fuck.

So to me it looks like it might be yet another timeline, an alternate universe, or set far after Spirit Tracks. And I want to make something clear, right now, my only proof holding me back from the idea it being before WW is for the comments at the one Nintendo Tree House conference when they were demoing it, talking about resources and stating that "Red Sea Salt Rocks" appear everywhere in the game, or a large portion of the game. If this is the case, then that would imply this is sometime after Spirit Tracks and Wind Waker, after the flood receded

Well that they wear similar colored outfits that might be some weird sibling symbolism, and it's not like Link didn't have a sibling in the past.
Would actually be pretty cool.

No need for that, Link scored a far way better pussy.

I think after ST makes more sense. Except for the gerudo girl we saw. Unless she is sleeping in a stasis chamber too.

I like Ilia and all but I still prefer him with Midna. The thought that he'd have to find another way into the Twilight Realm and all makes for a nice story that definitely give you an "earned" feeling at the end.

>inb4 Link dies at the end and that last scene where Zelda look at the castle is after everything is over.

This.

Seems like there won't be a big difference between the two versions, except for the performance.

>Then the next installment is after this and you play as a female Link and you need to romance Zelda, Midna, Zora Princesses, and all the other girls
Ill never get my yuri harem game

>Link dies
>BotW is the last game in the LoZ series

I just noticed there isn't the Amiibo icon on the Switch version.

Zelda's outfit makes me think she'll be playable at some point in the game.
Like Ciri in Witcher 3, at least.

Zelda will be like SS Zelda, doing her own side quest while Link roams the land scorching everything.
She's playable, on her own main quest line, in the New Game + mode after you finish the game as Link

Wii U isn't getting the Master Version.

There's plenty already for pre-order.