When traffic looked good

ITT, post pics of traffic from the mid 80s to early 2000s, when there was harmony between landyahts and econoboxes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Xu34KWSbDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't see any crossovers or SUV's. Why and how did everything go to shit so quickly?

Also it seems like 1 of 2 things have happened: all cars from 2005 until now look identical OR cars aren't being kept on the road as long.

Visually there doesn't seem to be many "older" cars on the road anymore. I have a 2009 and it feels archaic.. When did 8 years become old for a car?

9/11 changed everything man.

>this beautiful ass will never stare you in the face on a hot July afternoon

all I see is a bunch of shitboxes but a different year

traffic still looks just as good

8 years has always been an old car

Mustangs didn't come with 427 hemi

Mustangs are common as fuck to the point that even seeing one that old isnt a surprise

seen plenty

>that gap between the red Prius and the Corolla

FUCKING FAGGOT YOU ARE HOLDING UP TRAFFIC CLOSE THAT GAP

No, but if you're a tasteless piece of shit boomer you'll just stick one in.

There will be a time when people look at photos of traffic in the 2010s and feel a false sense of nostalgia like you're experiencing right now. They will look back at our gas-powered and human controlled cars and yearn for simpler times.

Life is just like driving. Don't stare at the rear view mirror the whole time.

Yeah and you've seen plenty of dick too.

No one asked for your shitty opinion.

What year is that Celica on the left? It's completely throwing me for a loop compared to the rest of the image.

Mario Odyssey is pretty accurate.

Holy fuck the taxis.

>Life is just like driving. Don't stare at the rear view mirror the whole time.

t. 14 year old girl on Instagram

not an opinion its a fact

Mustangs are everywhere
an ubiquitous classic car only out done by Beetles

Did a Mustang driver molest you or something?

The taxis in Mario Odyssey are much more heavily based on the Crown Victorias that replaced the Caprices, though, taking elements from both the aero and whale Panthers. Just look at the taillights and especially the C-pillar, that's one of the most distinct features.

Unless you mean there being taxis everywhere in which case yeah, NYC has pretty much always looked like that since the automobile became a thing.

>false sense of nostalgia
subjective =/= false

'89-93

are you so desperate to be a special snowflake that you think someone calling Mustangs common is an insult

the fuck is wrong with you

>tfw so dead inside you can longer find joy in games like this

I tried booting up my N64 at Christmas and playing some Mario 64...I found almost no joy in it.

The only games I find fun are games where I am stealing things and/or hurting/killing people. Feels bad man.

Stop memeing so hard you fucking faggot, a mint condition 1st gen Mustang is far from common.

>The only games I find fun are games where I am stealing things and/or hurting/killing people. Feels bad man.
You might be either autistic or have some sort of deep seated metal issues. Don't go shooting up the school now, Kyle.

Go play some Katamari or something.

Celica ...!

mint condition anything old is far from common you edgy manchild

talk about moving goalposts and committing damage control

nope, that's how you alleviate traffic. constantly moving slowly is better than stopping then moving then stopping then moving. doing what he's doing can literally free up a traffic jam

faggot

You set the goal posts faggot. Pic was of a mint condition Mustang and you started flinging shit around screaming about Mustangs being uncommon.

No one said a crusty, rusty, base model V6 Mustang wouldn't be sticking its junky old ass in your face.

Stop being a bitch nigga, you're just looking for a fight.

wew boy user has it right you have some legit mental issues

you just see my posts as you want to see them and not what they are

stop it get some help

>not slamming on the brakes every 3 seconds and giving people the horn
>not waving your gun at total strangers
>not switching lanes every 5 seconds as the ones beside you start to move faster
>not having a 6pack in the glovebox to keep you company in traffic jams

It's like you've never driven in traffic before.

>dmg+ctrl

the irony not an argument ect ect

Your shitposting fizzled out faster than your erections.

>I dont like it so its shitposting

I am so tired of all these guys who come from facebook or wherever with this mentality

its the most whiniest shit Ive ever seen on Veeky Forums and its all over Veeky Forums

cash for clunkers, crash safety and related insurance shit, rises in fuel economy

Kinda look like the mixture of the two imho. The front to me looks more like a Caprice tho.

Yeah man check out all these summerfags on my /b/ holy fuck man remember when this place was good oh man I miss moot oldfag fun times classic Veeky Forums milhouse candlejack etc.
You are one cancerous piece of shit.

did you just spend 5 minutes on kym to make that post or something

look at little autsie spergalong go!

The op pic looks like it's from the 80s. Were you even alive back then? You aren't nostalgic for a time you didn't experience.

Houston, TX circa 1990.
Not much traffic, but the picture does give me good ol vibes when looking at it. The time when Houston traffic wasnt too batshit crazy.

cuck

youtube.com/watch?v=9Xu34KWSbDs

>you're 10 years old riding in the car while your dad makes vaguely rude remarks about minorities and your mom subtly agrees while your sister leafs through a teen magazine

didnt mean to quote

No boomers allowed.

This
Basically the only reason traffic jams happen is because of muh
>if I'm in front I'll get there first!!!
>if I'm closer to the person in front of me it'll be faster!!!

If only people understood that not being stupidly selfish in traffic would get them home faster

There's a lot of NYC in here. How about some other cities and countries?

>Germany in 1989

People always do that shit thinking they're the traffic saviours.
What worse is that when they need to break they maintain the gap! WHAT THE FUCK MAN YOU CAN FIT 3 MORE CARS THERE.
And its not just the 405 like pic posted but every SINGLE FUCKING FREEWAY.

thanks for remaking my thread op
im glad someone remembers it

on archive4plebs for anyone curious

It was a glorious thread

I have the archive link bookmarked, myself.
it was a sad but comfy thread.

Isn't that an EG Civic in front? Means it must be post September 1991

Hey, have you ever considered trying out games that let you build and create things?

These are all very good points. And that's depressing.

>what do you mean you don't have a backup camera? It's the law now. Well.. We'll have to charge more for your insurance.. What if you killed a family of 4 with your inherently unsafe car!? I think $1000/month is appropriate. Or just buy this new 2020 disposable shitbox, it's got 2 cameras!

The 427 Ford had hemispherical combustion chambers.

>REEEEE

You show exactly why Americans think they need automatic transmissions.

2 things

1: back in the day if you drove over your child, you got thrown in the slammer.

2: People also chose cars for what they'd be using them for and not so much what they wanted their neighbors to think of them

>my metal has work-hardened

>playing children's games

Grow up.

Not them but relax what they choose to do with some of their free time is up to them and besides we waste some time on here replying here so their will always be something to grow up about

Like my usage of >their

I like that pic, user.

: People also chose cars for what they'd be using them for and not so much what they wanted their neighbors to think of them

lolno

that shit took off hardcore in the 50s and has been a staple of US culture since forever

ever heard the phrase "Keeping up with the Joneses"?

Finally! I was waiting to see a minty fresh 240. Thank you user.

ITT: we munch on member berries

>if i'm in front i'll get there first!

True, when legislators and drivers are not jealous cucks.

That's a 280zx 2+2

Those sexy caprice rear ends...