ITT: The best garage you go to

Pic related. Its owned by two brothers. Theyre a little salty, but their work is Golden. Specialty is Volvo but theyll work on anything.

>not fixing your own shit

My own. I don't trust mechanics, unless I can sit and watch them. The only time mine goes to a shop is when I need an alignment, and that's because I don't have the money or space for a rack.

I have no space to work on my own.

Bad excuse numale cuck

This is somewhat close to Harrisburg, PA right?

I do everything myself. Shops are in it to make money, they'll over charger you any chance they get. I have a guy that works at a shop that helps me with the stuff I can't do on my own, which is mostly just wheel and tire related, (mount and balance).

I can do anything that doesnt require a lift to get to. Oil changes, rotating my tires, etc

About an hour or so south east. In lancaster county.

I rarely go to the shop but I do when :

1) I have extra cash and no envy AT ALL to lose my hard earned weekend in the driveway fixing my car to save 100$

2) It requires tools that I don't have.

I'd rather work on a cuck's car who just brings it in while it still runs and drives. Weekend warriors like you just fuck everything up in their driveway, call a flatbed, then send a pile of broken shit to the shop. Then try to sound like an expert to the guy that has to unfuck the mess.

Garage of my best friends father

Every tool imagineable, proper lift, heated and the old man himself loves to help out and give good tips

Nothing requires a lift you silly numale. I have done full engine conversions is a fucking farmers field. Fucking excuses. Cuck.
Except all my vehicles run fine and I can fix anything that goes wrong. Keep trying to justify your lack of lifeskills numale, who knows maybe you can make an app or something that makes wrenching more accessible to cucks like you!

What i would give

>being this mad about being poor

>Actually enjoy working on my shit
>poor

Why are you even here? Working on your own shit is like half the hobby.

You can pretty much everything without a lift.
The key here is a garage, which makes things WAY EASIER.

I have a job that keeps me on the road 3/4 of the month or so. Should I see if my employer wants to buy a bigger trailer so I can bring my own personal vehicle? Maybe I can work on it in the hotel parking lots. Or... OR maybe I wont waste what precious little time I have playing mechanic just so I can feed my ego by going on Veeky Forums and calling everyone a cuck. Some of us have real jobs and no time to play mechanic.

More excuses, it's not about having time because it's a chore, it's about MAKING time because it's a HOBBY. Working on your own vehicles is part of being into cars. Literally why are you here when you have ZERO interest in half of the goddamn hobby.

Aussie tuner shop in the closest city.

Mainly do Holden's and AG ute but do alot inbetween and only deal with Sydney shops for parts as my area is dodgy as fuck.

I'd just do the work myself without them and I did but they are trustworthy and cheap.

This.

Any major engine driveline or rebuilds I go to a shop because I will most likely fuck it up.

How do you expect to learn how to do a rebuild if you never try? It's seriously not that hard

Before I dove head first into my welding career, I was a mechanic at a speed shop/dyno tuning facilty for about 10 years. It's still an interest because I did it day in and out for so many years. I didn't touch cars that had been home worked on without a long winded waiver signed by the customer.

I didn't ask that, I don't care if you wouldn't touch them because I can fix literally anything on my own. I have had my entire car down to the bare chassis and rebuilt from the ground up. If a normie wants to take their car into a shop whatever who cares, but if you have even a passing interest in cars you have no excuse to not do your own work.

Are you not allowed to enjoy gourmet meals if you don't carve extra hours out of your day to cook them yourself? What about people that enjoy cars but live in a high rise with no personal garage? They're not allowed to enjoy something?

Thats not the same thing, people who claim to be into cooking don't exclusively eat gormet meal made by a chef. Having no garage is not an excuse, you can get space to work on your car for as low as $30 a month. I didn't get my own personal garage until September and I have been doing everything myself for YEARS.

My old auto shop teacher retired and opened his own shop. We're good friends, I get to use his lift, tools and 45+ years of experience, he doesn't Jew me around and I also get to help him with his drag car.

So you're a teenager with a chip on his shoulder about doing an engine swap. That's what you sound like. Some people live in the real world and don't have time for it. They don't want to be in your cool guy club.

I'm 23 and have done more than that but ok stay salty numale, if you want I'll fix your camry for half the shop rate to help you out, I know IT is a real stressful field.

My work is ultra cuck. Way more cuck than IT.

I am a welder as well funny enough, work up north in Alberta. Going to go back to school for machinist in the fall now that I have my redseal.

I have the 3 other shit bombs I don't care if I break to learn on plus 2 parts cars a tractor and a mower + a bike and tonnes of other small motor crap.

T. Bogan

Ok then why are you wortied about breaking something? That's how I learned, dirtbikes and then tossing together motors using 3 junk ones I got free to make one good one.

Nice senpai

Prince Bros; little independent mechanics and bodyshop just down the road from me. Always busy, need to book shit way in advance, and they work on a bunch of luxury cars as well as all the little shitboxes around. And the place is authentically grimy as well. I make a point of never trusting a mechanic that has time to clean the place, or a surface not covered in tools, parts, or coffee mugs.
I make sure to treat them nicely, so they'll actually fix shit.

Nice bro. Northwest?
My old shop was cleaner than our offices half the time. The old foreman was a stickler for cleanliness and I'm glad he was. No oily messes to slip in on the floor, actual clean work surfaces ready whenever needed without asking someone to get all their shit out of the way. Then waiting a half hour to start work while they clean up the mess. I'm not saying work can't be done in a messy shop, but it's not efficient and inconsiderate to other techs.

>nothing requires a lift

except for suspension work on a modern sports car

have fun even fitting an arm under there

Because if I break my only good car I'm stranded.

I live a hours walk out of town and a hours drive from the shops

>it's not efficient and inconsiderate to other techs.

Everyone has their own little patch of the workshop there. The staff is like 20 tops, and the 'office' is a little reception area with some seats, a counter, and filing cabinets.

Unless every tech has his own alignment rack, bearing press, welding table etc, there will be shared work surfaces. Don't be a slob and leave a mess for the next guy.

Yeah Hungry Horse MT

Rebuild one of your shit cars cunt

What are jack stands

certainly not time savers

I hit a local Mercedes workshop run by an old Asian guy when I need something done that I either can't do or don't trust myself to do. I'll also have him do initial inspection on a new car just so I know what I need to fix myself.